The app for the Ara Pacis is more than a fascinating story about a unique monument. Listening to the stories about the protagonists of so many centuries ago and their mythological figures will transport you back to ancient Rome. You will also have the opportunity to meet the Emperor Augustus, the imperial family and their circle, as they are conducting a solemn ceremony. The gripping story begins with the complex excavation works to bring the monument back to the light after being forgotten under a thick layer of earth and how the contemporary structure that protects and hosts the altar was built. This app will remain yours. You can take another virtual tour of the Ara Pacis Museum whenever you wish.
- the history of the monument and its rediscovery:
- the description of the Campo Marzio quarter
- detailed description of the monument;
- the presentation of Augustus and the imperial family;
- an interactive map of the Museum.
- zoomable high-definition images;
- information about current exhibitions;
- four itineraries:
b) The busts of the protagonists;
c) Ara Pacis;
d) Mosaic by Mimmo Paladinio
Note: We suggest that you connect to a wi-fi data network for the initial installation. Your device should have at least 500 Mb of available free space.