From taking in the bright lights of Edinburgh and Glasgow to witnessing the majestic splendour of the Scottish Highlands, Welcome to Scotland will open doors and make your budget go further.
NO ROAMING CHARGES – All Scotland maps and information about more than 16,000 points of interest are pre-loaded so no internet connection is needed.
Whether you live here or are a visitor, our app will help you discover the real Scotland.
Don’t leave home without it!
SAVE MONEY – Take advantage of a wide range of exclusive discounts and special offers from all over Scotland. With cut price entrance to attractions and great offers from restaurants and places to stay you’ll pay for the app in no time.
WHERE TO STAY? – Any place in Scotland – choose from over 9,500 hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, holiday cottages, self catering apartments, hostels and caravan and camping parks. And don’t forget to take advantage of our exclusive accommodation deals.
WHAT’S NEARBY? – With GPS discover things to see and do near you, from attractions and activities to where to stay and the best restaurants, cafes and shops. Whether you fancy golf at St Andrews, a whisky distillery tour, or even a trip to Edinburgh Castle, use our app to find out what is on offer.
WHAT’S THAT? – The latest Augmented Reality function transforms your phone into a virtual tour guide. Identify all 500 of Scotland’s highest hills and find out about Scotland’s historic sites and monuments.
WHAT’S ON? – Check out information on the principal events from around Scotland: festivals; highland games; concerts and theatre. Search by week or month.
INTERACTIVE MAPS – Preloaded zoomable maps cover the whole of Scotland. More detailed regional maps provided with no roaming charges.
FULLY COMPATIBLE – Android 2.2+
TOWNS AND CITIES – Includes information on Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews and many other towns.
Please help us make our Welcome to Scotland app even more useful and send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Explore Scotland app makes holiday planning quick and easy:
• Find places to visit and things to do, wherever you are or wherever you'd like to go
• Tailor your search by what you like to do, what's nearby or by name
• Find the best way to get about with our in-built journey planner
• Save places or events to your trip itinerary for easy reference
• Map view to easily find and navigate to places and events near you
• Get contact details for local businesses in a couple of clicks
• Scotland's largest and most comprehensive events, attractions and activities search, updated daily
• Travel planner - find out how best to get to your chosen destination
• Local weather checker
• Restaurant and bar finder
• Accommodation search
* Please note Android 4.0.3 users may encounter some issues with this application, we recommend upgrading to a more recent Android version.
Make bus travel even easier with our official First Bus App.
Our brand new App helps you plan your journeys, providing ‘next bus’ times for all bus services throughout Great Britain, including real time info where available. Alongside information about First Bus services, features include; route maps showing the location of bus stops, timetables, details of our tickets and fares and service updates.
You can even save your favourite stops so you can check times at a glance. So install it now for free, and get on board with First.
Our features in full:
• Search by service number or destination in 'Travel Info' and find live or scheduled bus times for over 300,000 bus stops across Great Britain in 'Next Bus' (see notes)
• Set 'Stop Alerts' so you know when you are approaching your stop
• Look up route maps for all bus services in Great Britain (see notes)
• The ability to save your favourite bus stop so you can quickly check the time of your next bus
• Create a personal timetable to suit your journey by departure and arrival times, route, direction of travel, day of the week and even the time of day between two locations on any First Bus route
• Up to date news and information about First Bus services
• Details of ticket types and fares available on First Bus networks
• Contact details for First customer services with links to Twitter and Facebook sites where available
Next Bus and Route Maps features use data supplied by Traveline. We always try to provide as accurate and detailed route and service information as we possibly can but sometimes this can be affected by the data available to us. If you notice anything missing, or would like to suggest an improvement, please let us know using the link; https://response.questback.com/firstgroupplc/cp0mrjktee/
To see a full list of the areas where live real time, next bus information is available please visit; http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/assets/pdfs/app/realtime.pdf
The red line representing the route between bus stops is generated automatically and may occasionally deviate from the actual route taken. As routing technology improves we’ll provide updates.
Before reporting errors we would recommend you uninstall and reinstall the App. As with most general IT problems, turning it ‘on and off again’ can cure most general issues. If this doesn’t work, please contact us; we’ll be happy to help.
To report an issue with your app, please visit; https://response.questback.com/firstgroupplc/cp0mrjktee/
The guides are available here on an Area or Track by Track basis with a descriptive text, whilst the audio content is combined with sponsor generated images into short YouTube videos.
All our guides feature and are sponsored by quality local businesses en-route - representing the most interesting Places to Visit and very best places to Eat, Drink and Stay.
[ From castles to palaces, country house hotels to loch-side inns, farmhouse b&bs
to cosy self-catering cottages, even a couple of private islands!
We also show case independent retailers and farm-shops along with local food producers, distilleries and breweries. Alongside many outstanding artists, crafters and pottery outlets with numerous museums and galleries.]
All these sponsors are listed on the App. by Area and Type and shown along with geo-navigation, live web and phone links, description and images and also displayed in conjunction with extracts from our Audio Guides.
This is a unique and interactive way to Discover Scotland, it’s history, folklore wildlife, outstanding natural beauty; with awe-inspiring mountains, forests and lochs as well as its numerous islands & dramatic seascapes.
Alongside it’s villages, towns, cities and unique culture.
An easy to use and FREE format – putting all the information we have generated over many years of travel and research into one convenient place.
Ideal to help plan a visit or whilst on the go as you discover Scotland!
Intuitive and easy to use, the Historic Scotland app allows you to search by region or interest, with best for categories such as ‘families’, ‘gardens’, ‘picnics’ and ‘military history’ to choose from. You can also view all attractions on an interactive map of Scotland.
Not sure where you want to go? The app includes event information, articles and itinerary features, with new content added regularly to provide a source of inspiration. A view of Historic Scotland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram gives you the latest ‘social buzz’ all in one place.
• What’s near me? Find attractions within a 50km radius of your current location
• Search by region or ‘best for’ category
• Image galleries
• Interactive map view
• Pricing, opening times and facilities information
• Events search
• Location and travel information
• ‘Inspire Me’ – find ideas on where to visit with the latest features and itineraries
Use it as your GPS navigator!
It's free and you don't need an internet connection to see the map!
Search addresses or points of interest.
Get routing to destination.
It includes a detailed list of points of interest for tourists, accommodation, parking, restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres, auto services, shops, parks, schools, hospitals, sport areas.
The application has detailed maps of major cities in United Kingdom: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast and others.
This application is based on Osmand project under the GNU GPLv3 license and uses high quality data from OSM.
★ App Features
1. Check trains between Dahanu To Churchgate stations.
2. Check trains between Churchgate To Dahanu stations.
3. Shows All trains Including Express, Passenger, Shuttle, Memu and Local
4. Also Added Main stations between Vapi - Dahanu (Gholvad, Umbargaon, Vapi)
5. Application works without internet connection.
6. Best of all its totally FREE
From the Clyde shipyards, to wading birds on the estuary; or the grouse moors of the highlands to the gaelic poetry inspired by the landscape, the stories describe the links between man and Scotland’s rich natural environment.
The stories are narrated by well-known broadcasters Fiona MacDonald and Mark Stephen and include poetry and sound effects as well as sounds of the natural world.
The app includes
• stunning images from noted photographers showing Scotland’s diverse wildlife, landscapes and places of historical interest.
• interviews and snippets from experts and enthusiasts. Listeners can hear from bird experts, a distiller, a countryside ranger and a broadcaster, among others, as they share their knowledge and passion about the natural world and natural resources of Scotland.