With your mobile device, you can discover programs with the TV Guide and watch on TV. For existing Media Remote app users, Sony's TV SideView app offers additional functionalities in addition to a media remote control.
Control your Sony Bravia device at the swipe of a screen with app's fantastic smart phone functionality, browse additional content and send to screen, receive program recommendations based on your favourite shows and more!
Our latest update also extends compatibility to LG TV devices, meaning even more people than ever can experience the ultimate smart remote.
The app now also features Netflix compatibility, meaning you can browse Netflix listings from your smartphone or tablet device and send them direct to your TV.
In addition, top picks can now be displayed in order of popularity and it’s possible to be notified of today’s recommended programs via push notification, meaning you’ll never miss any must-see TV again!
App speed and performance has also been improved making this is more effective Sony TV remote to date.
- Key features1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller always at your side.
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. You can list TV programs currently airing with the TV program guide widget.
This app is compatible with Xperia™ devices, Samsung GALAXY devices, Google Nexus devices, and Android devices by all manufacturers, but some features may be limited depending on the model and version.
- TV SideView official sitehttp://info.tvsideview.sony.net
- Compatible device listhttp://info.tvsideview.sony.net/device.html
Sony TV BRAVIA
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Playerhttp://info.tvsideview.sony.net/device.html
For customers using Xperia™ Tablet with built-in universal remote control function, you will be able to use this application to select a TV program and change channels on your TV or set-top box from your mobile device.
- Additional information
1. “TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
Simply download this FREE app and access additional content, currently not available on the Sony TV itself as you use your Android to control your Sony TV over Wi-Fi.
Enjoy millions of videos, images, and songs anywhere and share them with your friends. Easily search and find interesting content from many sources, including your mobile device and home network, and watch it on your internet connected Sony TV or on your mobile device.
With the Sony TV Media Player, you can do the following:
• SEARCH - Easily search, find, and browse videos, photos, or music and watch on TV directly from your Android phone.
• DISCOVER - Discover new and featured videos every day across a number of video topic channels for you to enjoy. Browse channels using easy-to-navigate video carousels.
• SEND TO TV - Stream music and videos directly to your Sony TV or mobile device. No installation needed (except this app).
• ACCESS MEDIA - Access your photo and social networking accounts to watch on your Sony TV.
• MANAGE PLAYLISTS - Create and Manage playlists of music and enjoy on your mobile or Sony TV.
• Video search
• Add to favorites
• View and manage history
• Watch on TV
• Create and manage music playlists
• Continuous video and music play
• Upload videos and photos
• Access to your DLNA Home Media Servers (This feature is an in-app purchase)
• Search and find your music, photos, and videos from multiple content sources including your Android device, your home network or the Internet.
• Share via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook
• Video Podcasts
• YouTube videos
• Your Music, photos, and videos from your Android device [Android Gallery]
• SHOUTcast Internet radio
• Facebook videos and photos from you and your friends
• Flickr photos
• Picasa (Web Album) photos
• Local Media Servers, any DLNA or UPnP AV Media Servers in your home network
• The “Now Playing” screen provides information about the content that you are watching on your Sony TV.
• Music and Video player controls (i.e. previous, pause, play, next, and volume) appear, depending on the capabilities of your setup.
• Sign out of ZappoTV.
• Delete your viewing history.
• Send application logs to ZappoTV.
THINGS TO KNOW
• MyZappoTV > Favorites, lets you access and manage your viewing history.
• MyZappoTV > History makes it super easy to watch previous viewed photos or videos.
REQUIREMENTS TO GET STARTED
• Android 2.1 and later versions.
• ZappoTV account is required.
We would appreciate if you would report any issues you have with regard to the app at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting our support team , please provide the app name, your device name and Android OS version used as well as a brief description of the issue.
This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. It plays both audio and video.
It is intended for everyone, but this version is not perfectly stable.
It is still a beta, so it might kill your kitten or destroy your house, but it should be mostly fine now.
Use it at your own risk. Have fun! :)
This version is for devices with an ARMv7 CPU or a x86 CPU. ARMv6 devices will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
VLC for Android Beta needs acces to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, during the beta, to help understand crashes and issues.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your media files
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming calls
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during incoming calls.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "full network access", to open network streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the audio player.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
What is µTorrent® (uTorrent) Remote?
µTorrent (uTorrent) Remote is a simple and secure app that enables you to access µTorrent (uTorrent) on your home computer from anywhere on the internet. Just create an account from µTorrent (uTorrent) on your computer and you're done. There's no complicated network setup required.
Want to download torrents directly to your Android device? Download µTorrent® for Android here: http://bit.ly/1fCcJzy
Add, remove, start, stop downloads on your home computer
Check download progress
Check your RSS feeds
Automatically add torrents to your home µTorrent® (uTorrent) client from your mobile browser
Shift completed downloads to your Android device for local playback
How do I get started?
View more detailed instructions at https://remote.utorrent.com/signup
Feature suggestions? http://www.utorrent.com/ideabank
Support and feedback? email@example.com
This app interacts with XBMC to play all of your loved media.
Tested versions of XBMC: 12.0 - 12.2 (Frodo).
Get XBMC and support for XBMC at http://www.xbmc.org/ .
- remote-control XBMC
- modern user interface
- support of two distinct playlists from XBMC, one for music, one for video
- browse your media database and add items to playlist
- push your saved playlists into the active playlist
- save playlists on your device and use it on all XBMCs using the same media database
- shutdown, reboot or hibernate your XBMC system from your smartphone
- support of Radio.de plugin, featuring thousands of local and international radio stations
- customize the app using 8 different color themes and
- (beta) support of tablet sized devices
- (beta) support of Youtube plugin
- (alpha) support of voice recognition, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171398 for further details
- observe selected XBMC systems using notifications
- support XBMC's picture feature
- support PVR
- different backgrounds
- support specific other media players
What will never be included:
- Nothing. Everything is possible.
Send me your suggestions and bugs via e-mail or just leave a comment!
Internet - required to communicate with XBMC.
Billing - required for In-App-Billing
All shown pictures on the screenshots are protected by law and copyright of their owner.
Video: mp4, wmv, avi, mkv, dv, rm, mp, mpeg, flv, divx, swf, dat, h264, h263, h261, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, mov, m4v, ogv, vob, vstream, ts.
Audio: mp3, wma, ogg, mp2, flac, aac, ac3, amr, pcm, wav, au, aiff, 3g2, m4a, astream.
Media Player finds all your videos automatically for you. Media Player saves your time and disk space to transcoding or format converting. Just put your video on sdcard or click the URL in browser to watch it.
Support sub: srt, ass, ssa, sub,txt, utf, smi, rt,aqt, jss, js, utf8, utf-8.
Media Player load external subtitle with same name of video automatically and support .m3u playlist.
Media Player provides a powerful WiFi transfer function: Upload and download video files to/from your phone over a wireless connection.
WiFi Transfer is a light-weight web server that lets you upload and download files to/from your phone over a wireless connection. It doesn't require any special software on the computer so you can use it anywhere.
1) Supports all video formats;
2) Hardware Acceleration - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder.
3) Mutil-Core Decoding - Dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
4) Automatic identifiy all mobile phone video files;
5) Provides a wifi cable;
6) Supports HD videos and HD video playing memory optimization;
7) Playlists and continuous play;
8) Thumbnail displays of videos;
9) Delete, Rename, Play/Pause operations;
10) Codec Plugin.
Note: This goal will only ever aim to support the most recent version of Media Player Classic. If you're having issues, make sure that MPC-HC is updated. This can be done through Help -> Check for updates in MPC-HC.
It works both for mobile and tablet devices. You can control the playback from the app, from the notification-area or from the lock-screen. You also have access to all the files your computer can access, including local files but also local servers and media centers.
• Full control of playback, audio and full screen-state
• File-browser that allows for network-locations as well as allowing you to save often used favorite folder-locations
• Lock-screen playback controls
• Notification playback controls
• Automatic scanner that helps find the computer running MPC-HC
To use the app, Media Player Classic Home Cinema must be installed and running on your computer and the web interface has to be enabled.
To enable the web interface in MPC-HC, go to Options (View->Options) -> Player -> Web Interface and make sure that "Listen on port" is ticked and that "Allow access from localhost only" is NOT ticked.
After this, make sure your device is on the same network as the server and configure the server settings in the app and configure it to match your server. After this you should be good to go!
You're very welcome to contact me if there's features you're missing or if you experience any errors or deficiencies. If you liked the app, feel free to share it with your friends!
IMPORTANT: Winamp plugin necessary: http://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp
Control Winamp with your Android phone!
The combination of the RemoteControl plugin for Winamp and the Android app allows fast and easy control of the Winamp playback with wifi. The plugin synchronizes Winamp with the app so you can sit on the sofa while browsing through your favourite playlist.
* playback control
* browse your playlist
* cover files transmission
* display track information
* queuing tracks
* playback is paused on incoming call
Winamp version 5.5 or later is necessary.
The Winamp plugin is available here: http://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp/.
Castreal Universal Remote Control is a new apps but it comes with thousands of IR remote infra codes available for Free except some of the air conditioner features has to be paid. The infrared remote database that comes with this apps contains IR codes for many famous TV remote brand such as Samsung, SONY, LG, Panasonic, Denon, Marantz, Sharp, Toshiba, JVC, Philips, Hitachi and more. Base on different remote IR codesets this remote control will render the required button dynamically for every different brand and model.
You would need to do some setup to get the universal remote controller works with your device. Firstly, you need to choose the device type and the brand of your remote control then a list of model will be shown on the right. Choose the model and test with your machines. It might takes a few tries of different model to match your device. If the codeset match your device then you may set it into your favorite list. The next time you open this apps, you can directly click favorite to use your favorite remote control.
Please note that there are millions of remote controls out there, the database that comes with this infrared remote control might not be 100% available for every of your devices but we are gradually adding more remote codes into the database. If you have IR remote hex codes that you have tested and would like to share to the rest of the world you are welcome to send your IR remote codes to the publisher.
Currently, this IR remote control apps is only tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, however, it should also works for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Mega and Galaxy Tab that comes with IR Blaster and HTC ONE.
Devices that can be control are TV, Satellite TV, Cable Box, Audio CD, Radio, Amplifier, AVR, VCR, DVD, DSLR, Camera, Blu-Ray disc, Air Con (A/C), desk telephone, projector.
This is a free application but it comes with advertisements and some of the features are limited to PRO version only such as the air con features. If you don't like to see the advertisement you can upgrade it to PRO version with one time purchase to remove the ads.
NOTE: Many people has given me 1 star just because they can't find their device in the list. I will try my best to add those missing remote but please understand that I do not own all remote control in the world.
I've received many complaints that previous codes that were working are missing since version 2.0x. The main reason I remove those codes is to reduce file size. Due to many demand, I've decided to put those code back in version 2.11. Please note that I've merged some of the duplicated codes, therefore, some model name might note be same with your device but it may works.
Requires My Media Center Services (free!) to be installed on your Windows 7 or 8 PC running Windows Media Center. Please visit http://www.CetonCorp.com/MyMediaCenter
•TV and Movie Gallery
Forget hopping around from the TV section to the movie section to your recorded shows. My Media Center lets you see an integrated view of all your shows and movies in one place.
•Manage and Schedule DVR Recordings
At work and forgot to record that show tonight? See a season premier promo that you want to record but you’re away from home on a trip? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
It’s TV search the way it should be. You probably don’t care whether your favorite show or movie is on one channel or another, in your personal library or airing later this week. We’ll help you easily find what you’re looking wherever it’s playing.
•Play To any TV Set
Browse your TV and movie libraries, select the show you want to watch, and choose the device on which you want to watch. You don’t even have to be in the same room.
•Your Mobile is the Remote
My Media Center includes full remote control capabilities for both your media center PC and any Ceton Echo extenders or Xbox 360 you have. Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, channel, volume … it’s all there in one pretty slick touchscreen view.
•Works with Any Tuner on any Windows Media Center PC!
My Media Center – The Ultimate Windows Media Center App
- "Pretty cool!" "Simple setup." "A full blown remote control that’s perfect for media center" "This is 5 bucks you should spend!" - HD Nation
"...without question a must-have app" "...greatly improves the Windows Media Center experience." – PC World
"For Windows Media Center fans searching for a good looking remote app for their mobile devices, that wait is over" - Engadget
"it is hard to think of a reason why you will not like it" - WPCentral
Full Feature List:
• Universal search across all of your content
• Manage Recorded TV
• Start Playback of Recorded TV on HTPC or Extender
• Manage Scheduled Recordings
• Manage Series Recordings
• Browse Program Grid Guide
• Tune channel on HTPC or Extender
• Use On Screen Remote Control to control HTPC or Extender
• Automatically generate local movie metadata & cover art
• Browser recorded & local movies in a beautiful gallery
• Start playback of movies on HTPC or Extender
• Browse list of movies on television tonight with cover art
• Easily browse upcoming Premieres in one nice list
• Browse recent activity on your HTPC
• Control Extenders
• Wake on LAN
• Much More
If you have any issue please contact us on our official forums: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63
*My Media Center does NOT stream recorded or live TV to your android device. My Media Center does allow you to start playback on any HTPC/Extender, schedule recordings, manage recordings, etc.
For more information see the official website: http://www.cetoncorp.com/mymediacenter or follow us on twitter http://www.twitter.com/CetonMyMC
Windows Media Center, Media Center, WMC, WME, Ceton, Ceton Companion
- LG QPair application on both Phone and LG Tablet
- "MR Player" on your LG Tab
- Android 5.0 Lollipop compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support - significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, flac... and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller... and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum can be found here: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/.
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (HD and others - hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all video types.
Translations and corrections of the translations can now be submitted here: http://crowdin.net/project/bsplayer-android!
Don't forget to vote 5 stars if you like it and if you don't - let us know why! :)
Tags: video player, media player, movie player, m2ts player, mts player, avc player, mp3 player, avi player, mkv player, mov player, flv player, subtitle player, free player...
Screenshots taken from following movies under Creative Commons license:
Sintel - © copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org
Tears of Steel - (CC) Blender Foundation | mango.blender.org
VLC Remote lets you sit back enjoy your movies and music while you control things from your sofa.
Use our Free setup helper to configure VLC and connect your Android in a couple of button clicks.
'In a few clicks everything is ready and you just have to taste the pleasure of remote control' -Alekxou
✔ Easily control VLC from your sofa!
✔ Helper configures VLC automatically.
✔ Full browsing control (play any file from your computer)
✔ Full DVD controls
✔ Volume, position, track
✔ Turn fullscreen on and off
✔ Control subtitles, aspect ratio, audio track and delays
✔ Access external drives
• Reviews •
2011 Best Software Award in Multimedia by Handster
'Amazing remote. You can completely control vlc from the palm of your hand. ... highly recommend it if you are looking for a vlc remote.'
'VLC Remote is the latest Android app to earn my favor, and it’s a beauty.'
- Fully supports files in any language and font character set
- Control music, videos, movies, photos , TV and radio content with Windows Media Center
- Control music, videos and photos with Windows Media Player
- Easy and fast searching of music, video/movie or TV content
- Scheduling and playback of TV recordings (scheduling from internet also)
- Fast connection via WiFi or Internet
- Switch on your computer automatically with Wake On LAN (WOL)
- Integrated, easy to use Sleeptimer
- Quick and easy installation process
- Optimized for both: small screens and tablets
- English, french and german localization
You need to install MCC on your Windows computer too! Before you purchase the app, you can download the server app on http://android.mediacentercontrol.com/ for free.
Requirements for the Windows computer:
Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system (For use with Windows Media Center, Windows 7 or Windows 8 is required) and a network connection between your phone and your PC (Wifi router).
To get all infos, screenshots and a video click the developer link at the bottom please.
If you have any problems with MCC: Please contact me to get help or a refund. Don't just leave a comment in the store, I can't reply to them. I'm interested in any question or recommendation. Use the forums you will find over the developers link also! Many thanks!