* forecasts for 40000+ spots
* observations from 18000+ weather stations
* configurable favorites, measuring units
* widgets for your home screen
* forecast maps to get a better picture of the general weather situation
„Windfinder“ is free, with ads. „Windfinder Pro“ is not free, without ads and with Superforecast (hourly time steps, available in Europe, North America and Egypt), with widgets and global wind forecast maps.
This wind finder is a super simple application (just what is needed), which uses OpenWeatherMap (http://www.openweathermap.org/) as a back-end for discovering current wind conditions for your favorite spots. It also allows one to submit current wind velocity for GPS position as well as do a quick wind speed units conversion.
Lastly, handy links are available to jump to maps to find the exact spot localization or to weather forecasts like ICM Numerical Weather Forecast (Europe, Baltic Sea) or National Weather Service (US).
1) Our policy is not to collect or store any personal information about the users of our Android Applications.
2) Our Applications do not collect and send any personal information to us.
4) We have access to limited and anonymous statistical information about the use of our Applications from Google Play and admob by Google.
Keywords: wind, wind finder, wind social, wind speed, wind velocity, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, weather
Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature and wave data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface.
The Lite version is limited to downloading and viewing 48 hours of forecast data using the GFS weather model to 1° resolution and 6 hour time step. Upgrade to the full version to get up to 8 days of forecast across the full range of weather models with the highest resolution.
This GRIB viewer is perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
- Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
- Mapped weather can be animated
- Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
- Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
- GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC
- Displays online or offline
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
- Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
- Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
- Air temperature
- Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
- Current (Atlantic only)
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
- Forecasts up to 2 days (full version to 8 days)
- Data steps: 3hr (full version), 6hr, 12hr
- Worldwide Coverage
- Resolution: 0.5° (full version), 1°, 2°
- Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
The full version also support for COAMPS, WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
By downloading only what the user needs it it possible to keep the GRIB files small which makes it especially convenient for low bandwidth regions or when roaming internationally.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. Therefore some knowledge and awareness is required by the end user. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.
Designed for anyone who is intrigued by winds and wants to know the names and sources. Pointing the device in the direction in which you feel the wind, it will display the name. The compass rose will show you in any position from where tramontane, grecale, levante, sirocco, ostro, libeccio, ponente and mistral blow.
Present the geolocation feature, through which, if available, will be displayed about the speed and intensity of the wind, according to the Beaufort scale.
Ability to select the measurement unit of the wind choosing between nodes and kilometers per hour.
outdoor, gps, weather, local, kmh, kts, measure, biking, surfing, sailing, speed, beaufort, compass, windy
Permite comparar varias fuentes desde la misma aplicación y así podemos obtener un parte más fiable.
Si usted tiene alguna sugerencia o cree que existe alguna otra buena fuente de méteo para añadir a la aplicación, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
Current features include:
2x Homescreen Widget: 4 day wind forecast and a 7 day swell forecast.
2x favorite spots: All Favourite forecasts will be cached for offline use (great when you have no signal on a trip).
Horizontal and vertical scrolling forecast layouts that switch as you rotate the phone.
Share a forecast with friends by simply long clicking the chosen day down, and sharing to facebook, gmail, or other social media.
Favourite menu: Press menu to get details of the forecast Run, Webcams and Live Wind.
Any location in the world: Pick any location on the global grid from Google maps, and get a wind and wave forecast.
Request a Spot: Become Part of the community and Help me out by requesting a spot. Spotlists will be updated every 2 or 3 days.
There are Adds on this version
Currently WindFreak uses GFS and NWW3 forecast data, but with the support of the users WindFreak aims to run high resolution WRF models on a new server in the near future.
The app needs to access the internet to get forecasts.
The app needs this permission to check for a network connection
The App uses this permission to create a png image of the forecast if you decide to share it via social media.
The App uses this permission to allow it to Vibrate when doing "long clicks" etc.
The App uses this permission to check the license with google's servers (Pro Only).
The App uses this permission to create a unique identifier for the device, so any spammers can be blocked, and usage can be logged. It is a completely encrypted alpha numeric string that is created by hashing 3 of your phone's unique identifiers against themselves (making it impossible to decrypted on it's own), it is then encrpted again before it is logged at windfreak. So i end up with a completely useless unique key that Identifies each device using Windfreak. It would be impossible even with the source to decrypt this key.
I have spent best part of 9 months setting up this app and the forecast manipulation server behind it. I’d really like to continue to develop it further and run some cool high-res WRF models on a good server; however, I’ve just graduated and have negative money. If you can’t afford to get the Pro version, have an awesome time with the basic version.
If you can afford to support my project and help me to continue to develop the WindFreak platform it would be greatly appreciated if you get the Pro version, plus it has more awesomeness to it!!
Disclaimer: This is a forecast, if anything bad such as death, injury or wasted petrol happens to you. I’m not liable read the Terms and conditions!!
Wonderful marine application for sailing passionates. Have you just heard weather forecast with strange wind metrics? You have no idea if it's safe to continue sailing? Use FREE marine wind calculator to quickly convert wind speed to your favorite scale.
Marine Wind Calculator supports following wind metrics: Beaufort scale, knots, meters per second, kilometers per hour, miles per hour, common wind names.
Marine Wind Calculator is a MUST HAVE application for every sailing skipper.
Wisuki helps you to plan even better your outdoor activities like surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, fishing, sailing, paragliding, biking and more.
• Nearby and favorites spots.
• Wind orientation (offshore, side off, side, side on, onshore).
• Wind direction (wind from right, wind from left).
• Tide trend and tide height (%).
• Time picker (1 hour interval).
• Filters (wind orientation, wind direction and distance).
• 1 hour and 3 hours data intervals.
• 24 hours wind and waves daylight highs.
• Wind: Alert icon, direction, speed, gust.
• Waves: Alert icon, direction, height, period.
• Weather: Alert icon, temperature, clouds, precipitations.
• Forecast chart with 10 minutes resolution.
• Nighttime on/off switch.
• Water temperature.
• Spot time zone.
• Sunrise and sunset time.
• Animated wind and waves arrows overlaid on spot map.
• Dynamic arrow sizes and colors according to conditions.
• Standard, satellite and hybrid map modes.
• Zoom in and out.
• Time picker (1 hour interval).
• Daily highs wind and waves markers.
• Weekday picker.
• Direct access to all spot options.
• Spot tide reference buoy location.
• Standard, satellite and hybrid map modes.
• Route to spot.
• 30 days tide forecast and moon phases.
• Moonrise/moonset times, and sunrise/sunset times.
• High/low tide times, height and tidal coefficients.
• Daily detailed tide interactive chart.
• Time to next high/low tide.
• Wind units: knots, Beaufort, km/h, mph, m/s.
• Waves units: m, ft.
• Temperature: ºC, ºF.
• Distance: km, mi.
• Email notifications with daily highs.
• No registration required.
Sailing Weather is a simple app used to determine if the weather forecast is good enough to go sailing based on your preferences. Set your preferred weather conditions for temperature, rain, wind and a sail boat icon is displayed if the weather is within those parameters, a house icon is displayed otherwise.
- New weather data provider with a more accurate weather forecast
- Touch the daily weather forecast to get a detailed hourly weather forecast
- Select a forecast start and end time to get the forecast for the hours you are actually awake
- Redesigned use interface with scalable images that look much better
- Scales beautifully on both small and large screens
- Fast load time
- Small size
- English and metric weather data selected automatically based on your location
- Location based on GPS, zip code, city/state or city/country (GPS is slow, entering a location is much faster)
Powered by Forecast http://forecast.io
Please email me with any issues or feature requests before giving the app a negative rating.
Downloaded map tiles will be cached for offline use. This is why we highly recommend our users to browse through the desired area and zoom level before going offline, in order to always have the map tiles cached for offshore use.
* L and H signs for pressure
* Combined numerical data
* Weather Animation
* 16 days forecast
* and much, much more to be added..stay tuned!
speed measurement scales. It may find specific use for all Kitesurfers,
Windsurfers, Sailors and other fans of wind related activities. iOS and
Android version will aslo show you your current wind speed based on your
Denne applikasjonen viser informasjon fra sikt- og vindmålere på spesielt værutsatte steder langs kysten av Norge. Applikasjonen brukes som beslutningsverktøy for Kystverkets operative enheter (sjøtrafikksentraler og lostjenesten), men er også gratis og åpen for publikum. Informasjonen kan være til god nytte for å sikre trygg ferdsel i kystnære strøk.
Flere stasjoner vil bli satt opp.
Vi gjør oppmerksom på at det ved denne tjenesten kan oppstå feil og ufullstendigheter, teknisk eller på annen måte. Kystverket påtar seg intet ansvar for feil eller ufullstendigheter i forbindelse med andres tilgang til, og bruk av disse opplysningene.
Applikasjonen er utviklet av Scanmatic AS på oppdrag for Kystverket. Les mer om lostjenesten her:
uWind is an Android app that connects easily to a Kestrel Weather Meter using Bluetooth communication. The weatherdata is displayed beautifully on your Android phone (with graphs, multiple screens, etc). Moreover, you can also view the weather-data live on your personal webpage: www.bikesenses.net. This might be handy for spectators or yourself when you can't be near the weather meter. Our goal is give you correct data in an understandable way and to make weather-data more interesting and fun!
We also developed a special handy holder for the Kestrel meter, so you can attach it to a pole on your roof, bikecycle handlebar, etc. You can order this holder in http://fietsenfilm.nl/broxtech/shop/cell-phone-holders/">our shop.
- Easy pairing with Bluetooth
- Stream all date real-time through 3G or wifi
- LIVE graph with weather information of your Kestrel pocket weather station
- Dynamic display (you can choose which information you want to see on the display of your smartphone)
- GPS tracking
- Easy exports (email, csv, etc)
- Email your weather data to any email address you like
Supported Kestrel Models: K4000, K4000 NV, K4100, K4200, K4250, K4300, K4500, K4500 NV
It is encouraged that you pair your Kestrel device to your Android via the Android Bluetooth Settings prior to using uWind for the first time.
Step 1. Buy uWind in Google Play with your Android phone
Step 2. Turn on your Kestrel windmeter and go to settings
Step 3. Turn your Kestrel's logging OFF (Memory Options >> auto store = off)
Step 4. Turn your Kestrel's BlueTooth ON (then press 'info' for pin)
Step 5. Pair your Android with your Kestrel by entering the Kestrel Bluetooth-pin
Step 6. Start uWind App on you Android phone and then it should work
(Step 7. If nothing happens, check the support website: www.broxtech.com)
For more information on Bluetooth Kestrel meters, http://www.nkhome.com/kestrel/kestrel-BLUETOOTH/">click here. 'Kestrel' is a registered trademark of Nielsen-Kellerman Co.
Be aware: This is a Beta application.
View live weather observations, forecasts and webcams mashed up with your favourite paragliding sites to see which sites are flyable right now - all over the world.
- View launches, landings, weather stations, thermal hotspots and webcams on the map.
- Over 12,000 paragliding launches.
- More than 5,000 landing zones.
- More than 38,000 weather stations.
- Over 32,000 webcams linked to paragliding sites and displayed on the map.
- View full site details in the app.
- 3-day flyability forecasts.*
- Save your favourite sites to "favourites".*
- Send my location (SOS, I need a ride, etc)*
- Use GPS navigation to travel directly to any site.*
- Free-text search for site name, nearby towns or region.
- Advanced search*
- Shortcut to WindFinder detailed forecasts.*
- 3D-view of sites via Google Earth.*
- Shortcut to Paragliding Earth, DHV, FFVL and Flyland site information.
- Sites displayed from Paragliding Earth, DHV, Flyland and FFVL (and more coming later).
- Weather stations from MADIS and FFVL.
* Requires PRO version.
Paragliding Map for Android is the mobile version of ParaglidingMap.com.