* forecasts for 40000+ spots
* observations from 18000+ weather stations
* configurable favorites, measuring units
* widgets for your home screen
* forecast maps to get a better picture of the general weather situation
„Windfinder“ is free, with ads. „Windfinder Pro“ is not free, without ads and with Superforecast (hourly time steps, available in Europe, North America and Egypt), with widgets and global wind forecast maps.
- View launches, landings, weather stations and webcams on the map (landings new in version 3.0).
- Over 11,000 paragliding launches.
- More than 4,000 landing zones.
- More than 30,000 weather stations.
- Over 16,000 webcams linked to paragliding sites and displayed on the map.
- View full site details in the app (new in version 3.0).
- 3-day flyability forecasts
- Use GPS navigation to travel directly to any site.
- Free-text search for site name, nearby towns or region.
- Shortcut to WindFinder detailed forecasts.
- Shortcut to Paragliding Earth and DHV site information.
- Sites displayed from Paragliding Earth, DHV and FFVL (and more coming later).
- Weather stations from MADIS and FFVL.
This is the PRO version of Paragliding Map, and is ad-free with all features unlocked. The FREE version of this app is ad-supported and has some features locked. Both versions can be used forever and have no time-limit.
Paragliding Map for Android is the mobile version of ParaglidingMap.com.
Paragliding, paraglider, weather, meteo, hang gliding, flight, pilot, free flight, gliding
This wind finder is a super simple application (just what is needed), which uses OpenWeatherMap (http://www.openweathermap.org/) as a back-end for discovering current wind conditions for your favorite spots. It also allows one to submit current wind velocity for GPS position as well as do a quick wind speed units conversion.
Lastly, handy links are available to jump to maps to find the exact spot localization or to weather forecasts like ICM Numerical Weather Forecast (Europe, Baltic Sea) or National Weather Service (US).
1) Our policy is not to collect or store any personal information about the users of our Android Applications.
2) Our Applications do not collect and send any personal information to us.
4) We have access to limited and anonymous statistical information about the use of our Applications from Google Play and admob by Google.
Keywords: wind, wind finder, wind social, wind speed, wind velocity, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, weather
Permite comparar varias fuentes desde la misma aplicación y así podemos obtener un parte más fiable.
Si usted tiene alguna sugerencia o cree que existe alguna otra buena fuente de méteo para añadir a la aplicación, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature and wave data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface.
The Lite version is limited to downloading and viewing 48 hours of forecast data using the GFS weather model to 1° resolution and 6 hour time step. Upgrade to the full version to get up to 8 days of forecast across the full range of weather models with the highest resolution.
This GRIB viewer is perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
- Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
- Mapped weather can be animated
- Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
- Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
- GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC
- Displays online or offline
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
- Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
- Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
- Air temperature
- Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
- Current (Atlantic only)
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
- Forecasts up to 2 days (full version to 8 days)
- Data steps: 3hr (full version), 6hr, 12hr
- Worldwide Coverage
- Resolution: 0.5° (full version), 1°, 2°
- Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
The full version also support for COAMPS, WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
By downloading only what the user needs it it possible to keep the GRIB files small which makes it especially convenient for low bandwidth regions or when roaming internationally.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. Therefore some knowledge and awareness is required by the end user. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.