* forecasts for 40000+ spots
* observations from 18000+ weather stations
* configurable favorites, measuring units
* widgets for your home screen
* forecast maps to get a better picture of the general weather situation
„Windfinder“ is free, with ads. „Windfinder Pro“ is not free, without ads and with Superforecast (hourly time steps, available in Europe, North America and Egypt), with widgets and global wind forecast maps.
This wind finder is a super simple application (just what is needed), which uses OpenWeatherMap (http://www.openweathermap.org/) as a back-end for discovering current wind conditions for your favorite spots. It also allows one to submit current wind velocity for GPS position as well as do a quick wind speed units conversion.
Lastly, handy links are available to jump to maps to find the exact spot localization or to weather forecasts like ICM Numerical Weather Forecast (Europe, Baltic Sea) or National Weather Service (US).
1) Our policy is not to collect or store any personal information about the users of our Android Applications.
2) Our Applications do not collect and send any personal information to us.
4) We have access to limited and anonymous statistical information about the use of our Applications from Google Play and admob by Google.
Keywords: wind, wind finder, wind social, wind speed, wind velocity, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, weather
Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature and wave data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface.
The Lite version is limited to downloading and viewing 48 hours of forecast data using the GFS weather model to 1° resolution and 6 hour time step. Upgrade to the full version to get up to 8 days of forecast across the full range of weather models with the highest resolution.
This GRIB viewer is perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
- Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
- Mapped weather can be animated
- Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
- Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
- GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC
- Displays online or offline
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
- Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
- Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
- Air temperature
- Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
- Current (Atlantic only)
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
- Forecasts up to 2 days (full version to 8 days)
- Data steps: 3hr (full version), 6hr, 12hr
- Worldwide Coverage
- Resolution: 0.25° (full version), 0.5° (full version), 1°, 2°
- Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
The full version also support for COAMPS, WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
By downloading only what the user needs it it possible to keep the GRIB files small which makes it especially convenient for low bandwidth regions or when roaming internationally.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. Therefore some knowledge and awareness is required by the end user. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.
- All your Favorite spots @ one glance – see average, individual SAIL size, board size
- Easy check-in with favorite gear feature and GPS aided spot selection
- Share sail, board size, comments, spot info.
- See where your friends are and what gear they are using
- Become king of the beach by collecting check-in points
- get push notifications from your friends and favorite spots
Wisuki helps you to plan even better your outdoor activities like surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, fishing, sailing, paragliding, biking and more.
• Nearby and favorites spots.
• Wind orientation (offshore, side off, side, side on, onshore).
• Wind direction (wind from right, wind from left).
• Tide trend and tide height (%).
• Time picker (1 hour interval).
• Filters (wind orientation, wind direction and distance).
• 1 hour and 3 hours data intervals.
• 24 hours wind and waves daylight highs.
• Wind: Alert icon, direction, speed, gust.
• Waves: Alert icon, direction, height, period.
• Weather: Alert icon, temperature, clouds, precipitations.
• Forecast chart with 10 minutes resolution.
• Nighttime on/off switch.
• Water temperature.
• Spot time zone.
• Sunrise and sunset time.
• Animated wind and waves arrows overlaid on spot map.
• Dynamic arrow sizes and colors according to conditions.
• Standard, satellite and hybrid map modes.
• Zoom in and out.
• Time picker (1 hour interval).
• Daily highs wind and waves markers.
• Weekday picker.
• Direct access to all spot options.
• Spot tide reference buoy location.
• Standard, satellite and hybrid map modes.
• Route to spot.
• 30 days tide forecast and moon phases.
• Moonrise/moonset times, and sunrise/sunset times.
• High/low tide times, height and tidal coefficients.
• Daily detailed tide interactive chart.
• Time to next high/low tide.
• Wind units: knots, Beaufort, km/h, mph, m/s.
• Waves units: m, ft.
• Temperature: ºC, ºF.
• Distance: km, mi.
• Email notifications with daily highs.
• No registration required.
Permite comparar varias fuentes desde la misma aplicación y así podemos obtener un parte más fiable.
Si usted tiene alguna sugerencia o cree que existe alguna otra buena fuente de méteo para añadir a la aplicación, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
View live weather observations, forecasts and webcams mashed up with your favourite paragliding sites to see which sites are flyable right now - all over the world.
- View launches, landings, weather stations, thermal hotspots and webcams on the map.
- Over 12,000 paragliding launches.
- More than 5,000 landing zones.
- More than 38,000 weather stations.
- Over 32,000 webcams linked to paragliding sites and displayed on the map.
- View full site details in the app.
- 3-day flyability forecasts.*
- Save your favourite sites to "favourites".*
- Send my location (SOS, I need a ride, etc)*
- Use GPS navigation to travel directly to any site.*
- Free-text search for site name, nearby towns or region.
- Advanced search*
- Shortcut to WindFinder detailed forecasts.*
- 3D-view of sites via Google Earth.*
- Shortcut to Paragliding Earth, DHV, FFVL and Flyland site information.
- Sites displayed from Paragliding Earth, DHV, Flyland and FFVL (and more coming later).
- Weather stations from MADIS and FFVL.
* Requires PRO version.
Paragliding Map for Android is the mobile version of ParaglidingMap.com.
Scandinavian Wind helps you to keep track of when it is time to be on the water, or perhaps out of the water, depending on your preference. It is a great help to windsurfers, kitesurfers, recreational sailers as well as to professionals who depend on weather knowledge for their work at sea.
Keywords: Windsurf, kitesurf, wind, DMI, alert, warning, widget
- the background color changes with the wind speed
- the direction of the wind is shown on a live compass
- change between different wind speed units (beaufort, mph, km/h, knots)
- The wind is automatically updated every hour
- The location is automatically updated when you move more than 5 miles/10km
- share the wind data with your friends
Those informations can be viewed in 3 differents modes : map, list, and widgets. In the list and widget modes, you can choose the weather stations to display, or those which are next or around you.
The application also allows to view the free flight places detailled informations all over the world.
This application is particularly dedicated to paragliding and hang gliding, but is also very useful for all outdoor activities wich depend on the wind (kite surfing, wind surfing, etc).
Detaljerade kartor för mindre områden.
Dagens prognos samt 2 dagar framåt.
Detaljerade kartor över Sverige, Norge, Danmark, Finland, Estland och Lettland.
Soaring predictions for Scandinavia.
Detailed maps for selected areas.
Predictions for today and two days forward.
Detailed maps for Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Estonia and Latvia.
There is up to date wind information in the most popular places.
We periodically add new spots.
You can get info for spots in Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Turkey.
Called weather forecast model of http://www.wetterzentrale.de
"The American GFS (Global Forecast System) model is the global weather forecasting model of the U.S. Weather Service. It is 4 times expected on the day and up to 384 hours in advance. The weather system diagrams use the data to 168 hours and are usually around 5, 11, 17 bwz. 23 UTC finished. the resolution of the grating is 1 degree (about 100km).
The Central Europe diagrams using the higher-resolution GFS (0.5 degrees), rich but only 7 1/2 days in the future.
WRF is a high-resolution model, which is expected in the WZ. It uses GFS data as input and is updated 4 times a day. The grid spacing is about 10 km (topography) and the forecast runs from 0 to 72 hours. Updated about 2 to 3 hours after the end of each GFS run. "