YOU MUST HAVE A (*free*) KGS ACCOUNT BEFORE USING THIS. Visit http://www.gokgs.com/ to get one. Sorry, at this time you cannot register an account with the Android client.
This new version is almost a complete rewrite with dramatic improvements in almost every way! If you encounter any problems, PLEASE send me an email. I have done my best to test this release thoroughly, but because of the sheer number of changes, it is hard for me to be certain that everything is stable. Thank you for your patience with this new release!
NOTE: If the "score" button is unavailable during games, you might be using an old version of GnuGo. Make sure you have the latest GnuGo for WeGoIgo version 1.2 for the scoring functionality to work.
NOTE 2: WeGoIgo hides the magnifying glass for "large" and "extra large" screens. If you would like to have the magnifying glass on your device but don't, send me an email.
For all your Go (aka Igo/Baduk/Weiqi) needs!
Play, load, and save games; study games, including auto-play mode; solve Tsumego (Go Problems); review games and add annotations; study Joseki-- all from one app!
* Magnifying glass-style stone placement-- unique on Android. See exactly where you're placing your stone!
* Support for Kogo's Joseki Dictionary-- also unique on Android! Download using the SGF Fetcher under "Tools," then load from the Joseki memory. It's a big file, so the initial load may be sluggish-- please be patient!-- but future loads are near-instant.
* Support for all variety of Tsumego formats. Supports WV (wrong variation) tag described on UliGo, TR (triangle) optionally, and the RIGHT/WRONG tags from goproblems.com. Let me know if I'm missing something!
* Auto-play mode when studying games. Sit back and watch as it gets played! Has five speed settings.
* [NEW] Review games right on your device. Edit comments, add annotations (labels, shapes, even place stones!)
WeGoIgo does not yet come with archive games, Joseki libraries, or Tsumego, but it does include an SGF Fetcher Tool to help automatically download some freely available collections.
WeGoIgo does not have its own built-in computer player, but supports external AI. I have ported GnuGo for use with WeGoIgo, and it is available for FREE on the Market-- just click on the "More from this developer" link.
I don't subscribe to goproblems.com so I don't have access to the full DB for testing, but they should work.
I use this app myself for Go practice, and am just as interested in perfection as you. Please report any problems to me, and I'll do my best to get it fixed!
If you don't want to spend any money, check out my ad-supported WeGoIgo Lite. While it may not be updated as quickly as this, or contain included games/problem sets that this may contain in the future (it doesn't yet, of course), it otherwise has all the same great features, at the unbeatable price of free!
Each go problem contains all valid answers and a lot of bad variations, to help you know why you are wrong.
- 6 daily problems (of 3 different levels)
- Progress mode : the difficulty increases or decreases depending on your level
- Simple mode : try to solve all problems in each pack
- Several settings
- The app automatically answers your moves
- Choose your color (black, white, random)
- Browse the solution, or just get a hint
- A book theme (black and white)
Agora Go Free is designed for 2 players playing on the same device. It also allows to import files using the SGF format, a standard to store Go games and problems. SGF files can be imported from the web, emails or the local storage.
All games are automatically saved with thumbnails for easy browsing. Paused games can be resumed later on. Finished games can be played back for later review.
Agora Go Free is optimized to run on as many display sizes and resolutions as possible, with nice graphics on Android smartphones, MP3 players, tablets (up to 13-inch screens so far) as well as Android laptops. A large screen will offer the best experience, especially when playing on 19x19 boards.
If you like Agora Go, support us by downloading the paid version that offers even more features.
* local games for 2 players
* SGF viewer, perfect for Go problems and game review
* interface for Android phones, tablets and laptops
* open .sgf and .SGF files directly from many file managers
* import games in SGF files from the web
(compatible with the native browser, Firefox & Chrome)
Additional features offered in the paid version:
* ~80 games preloaded from the famous Kisei Japanese title
(including all games from 2000 until 2013)
* support multiple games per SGF file to easily import
collection of Go games / Go problems at once
* compatibility with Google TV / Android TV
* option to display games fullscreen
* 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 board sizes
* handicap games up to 9 stones
* games saved automatically (pause/resume)
* list of saved games with thumbnails
* scoring, with selection of dead stones
* komi (7.5 by default, 0.5 for handicap games)
* detection of Ko situations
* playback games once finished
* navigate through different variations during playback
* play with single / double tap or on-screen button
* option to control playback using the volume keys
* portrait and landscape modes both supported
* option to display board coordinates
* display comments & markups for Go problems (tsumego)
* comments can be added/edited during games and reviews
* export games in SGF files on the built-in storage
(in the "Agora Go" directory)
* English and French translations
* play with trackball on compatible devices
New feature requests will be implemented in the paid version first!
No advertising. No account or login needed.
Tested (up to Android 4.4 KitKat) on:
- Dell Streak, HTC Dream, Desire Z, Nexus One, HTC One, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S III, S4 & S5, Nexus S, Nexus 5, Xperia Z & Z1
- Asus Transformer, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Xperia Tablet Z, Z1 & Motorola Xoom
This game was invented in ancient times of China, developed in Japan and quickly spread in Europe. It is simple to learn but difficult to master and this made it great popular around the world.
Rule: The winner is the player who will be first to attain five stones in a row.
If you like word games you will love Word King. Similar to Word Mole each level has a certain number of points needed to progress, each level required more speed and skill to conquer.
Like most word games (Scrabble, Word Mole) proper nouns (like 'Monday') are not allowed.
The competition for the biggest words in the fastest time is fierce, see if you can top the world wide Word King scoreboards!
Can you get the biggest words?
Become the Word King!