Search and connect not only to public hotspots, but also to private WiFi networks that other WADA users have shared.
Detailed information provided in the hotspots around list:
- signal level
- places around with wifi available - office, shopping center, restaurant, etc.
- distance and direction to the nearest hotspots
WADA WiFi manager is a simple and handy tool for users to be constantly connected. This is the easiest way to switch between WiFi networks without going to the phone settings. Simple and intuitive network manager allows you to quickly navigate, when you need a reliable internet connection.
WiFix tries to solve this problem by changing the WiFi country code.
Using WiFix Manager you can easily install/update WiFix.
NOTE: Make sure to dial *#94349# (*#WIFIX#) after installing WiFix.
Visit http://www.fardjad.com/android/wifix/ for more info.
WiFix and WiFix Manager are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for more information.
Analyze WiFi networks around you!
Presentation of all data from your WiFi device.
Wireless network analyze
Diagnose connection status and signal strength
Wifi signal quality check
Scanning wifi networks
Wifi connection manager
Splendid UI consistent with Android Holo theme
You will never need other WiFi manager app!
App is divided into four tabs:
1) Connection tab – info about current connection, net and access point you are conected to. All important informations like SSID, BSSID, MAC, speed or lease duration are available, Your IP address, netmask and net gateway with dns adresses.
2) Acces points list tab – list of all visible network access points to your device. Every row describes one network with its name, channel, security and signal strength. You can sort this list by every attribute and discover networks around you!
3) Channels tab – graph presentation of visible networks with parabola shape depending on signal strength and channel on which network is working.
4) Signal tab – graph of time-dependent net signal strength. Small list showing every visible net. You can select most important network from list and watch how it's signal strength is changing in time.
Application offers also:
- analyzing networks around you
- sharing every tab and every info with your friends!
- copying connection info to clipboard
- turning WiFi on/off
- turning WiFi on application start
- turning WiFi on application stop
- and much more...!
Users can toggle various WiFi features with easy via Widget or via Notification status window.
Especially, users can connect/disconnect nearby AP with GUI-based interface.
When your devices are connected, IP, link speed, or channel number are displayed.
You get an automatic access to available WiFi. Without having to know any parameters and network settings – osmino WiFi will do it for you.
You can also share the password to a known WiFi network and make it available to other osmino users, just select "Share" and agree by filling check box.
Information about public hotspots is automatically set on map, according to the data received from users’ devices. When you connect to any public network we receive on our server the network location, name and access settings and automatically show it on the map.
This is how we create the use-proven public WiFi hotspots map based on users’ data. The more users subscribe to osmino, the more disposable wifi hotspots appear on the map.
There are already nearly 12 000 000 wifi hotspots on osmino map in more than 50 countries.
This plugin/tool supports direct connections via HTTP over WiFi/WLAN between two Android devices, or between Android (Server) and any device or computer with a Web browser or WebDAV client.
It creates a local Web+WebDAV server. The server URL can either be scanned as a QR-Code, or entered manually.
Although this is mainly a plugin for Total Commander, it can also be used standalone: Simply select some files in any file manager, or text, or an URL, and then use the "share" function to send it to the WiFi plugin. This will start a server and show the URL and QR-Code for the server.
Great to transfer data locally between two Android devices without going through the cloud! Your data will never leave your own wireless LAN network.
Note: Both devices need to be in the same WiFi network. If the sender isn't part of a WiFi network, this tool will offer to create its own access point, or start a WiFi direct connection. Other devices can then connect to this network to transfer data. If you scan the QR-Code from a copy of the WiFi plugin, the connection will be established automatically, and closed automatically when disconnecting.
Veloxity WiFi & Mobile Network Speed is your personal assistant for Network Quality and Data Utilization.
With Veloxity, you can:
- Measure App Speed in Real Time.
- Find the best Public WiFi connection.
- Clean your Home WiFi channel.
- Compare WiFi vs. Cellular Net App Speed. Choose the best network.
- Control your Data Expenses! Never exceed your data quota again.
First major feature of WiFi & Mobile Network Speed is to show your WiFi network quality, not only by signal strength but also by interference and by network load. You will be able to solve interference issues by switching to the best channel suggested. If you see INTERFERED in your Wi-Fi status, use one of the free channels we recommend, and you will have a much higher speed. If you see WiFi FAR notification, you will experience lower data speeds. So it is time to choose a closer spot to use your WiFi or get a repeater if you cannot change your router location.
Measure your Network Speed, in real time. This is our WiFi & Mobile Network Speed App's second major feature. The way we test your network speed is different than all speed test tools in the market. Actually we do not test it, we show the speed you really experience. Regular speed test tools downloads and uploads an anonymous file through their own server. So what they really measure is the performance of and the route to their server as well as your own WiFi or Cellular radio link. This type of test will not tell if your TV App or YouTube will show the same performance. What Veloxity measures instead is the Network Speed of each and every single App in your device. So you will see how YouTube, Facebook or your favorite Game performs in your network.
While we measure your Apps Speed and Clean your Network Quality, we did not forget about your quota. Clean links mean faster data speeds. Faster data speeds mean more data consumption. While most of WiFi subscriptions data quota are large enough, most of the Mobile subscriptions are still very limited. Exceeding your quota will result in high number in your monthly bill. Veloxity will keep a track of your total data usage per App, so that you can easily manage your quota, see which Apps you spend most of your money on.
We also prepared a small Game for you if you want to share your network experience with your friends.
Your network quality is a personal matter for us. Please enjoy our utility at no cost.
For control over advanced LEAP settings and the ability to edit existing LEAP profiles, please see "Advanced LEAP Wifi".
Why use LEAP Wifi Free over other offerings on the Android Market? Unlike other offerings, this application is targeted specifically for configuring a LEAP wifi profile. The reason this is significant is because through my extensive testing and debugging of customer-reported issues, I have found MANY inconsistencies between the different Android OS releases and devices. The coding required to successfully connect to a LEAP network needs to compensate for these many inconsistencies. The other offerings out there are general wifi configuration tools, which means they don't give focused attention to the special requirements of creating a proper LEAP configuration.
No wires, no drivers, no cables, no bluetooth only WiFi on a fresh air and browser to connect your Android device with desktop or laptop or even another android device with Droid Over Wifi app installed!
One button to start. Transfer, view, stream, rename, move, delete files and folders immediately over WiFi with any Browser and any OS.
• MediaView feature enables on the fly filter content and display video and audio files contained in current folder. You can stream full screen Mpeg4, Ogg and WebM videos directly from your phone and meanwhile view your photos in other tab of the browser.
• Folder Bookmarks feature.
• Folder Size feature quickly counts size of folders and displays it with nice visually graphs.
• Folder upload (Chrome only) and download by using zip
• Upload multiple files at once with no size limit. Progress is visible in real time of each concrete file. Drag and Drop of files supported for multiple files upload.
• Download multiple files at one with no size limit. Multiple file download feature is automatically packing selected files into ZIP file and offered for download.
• Create, Rename and Delete files and folders in easy and straightforward way with keyboard and mouse
• Move and Copy files and folders with smart auto-complete feature
• Sort files and folders by name, size or date modified
• Pin Code protection
• Droid Over WiFi runs as a background service, so you can switch to any other app while browsing your files
• Very small footprint
• HTML 5 compatible web browser and internet connection are required. For best experience use Google Chrome.
• Android device with Droid Over WiFi enabled and desktop or laptop should be on the same WiFi network. This mean connected to same router or access point.
• If you don`t see external SD card press "Home" and two times "Previous Directory"
• Droid Over WiFi has no limits, push it to the limits! Transfer files over wifi of any size and in any quantity.
Simply drag the networks in the desired sequence and the app will take care of the rest. The default values are pulled from what's set in the system WifiManager. Android will honour those priorities only when it's establishing a fresh WiFi connection. So to help the system WiFi Prioritizer will also update those priorities (if the option is enabled) when you re-order the networks.
I wrote this application for my personal use but figured that if I have this problem, then surely there are other people out there with the same problem.
Please feel free to send feedback, suggestions or feature requests.
If you have issues with an update. You're welcome to roll back using the APKs available on my site: http://wifiprioritizer.flash.za.org/download/all-versions
NB. Make sure your WIFI sleep policy is set to ALWAYS (Under WIFI settings -> Advanced settings) to avoid unnecessary connect/reconnect when the "Enabling WIFI at start of refresh" option is enabled.
I'm also available on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/106305692535132377088
I also have a Google+ community now to manage beta tests so if you want to assist with beta testing, please request access. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112728793110808546975
***END OF NOTICE***
Send Logs to assist with diagnosing problems.
Internet connectivity check
Start at boot
Control WIFI connectivity
Enabling WIFI on certain devices
***END OF PERMISSIONS***
You can share a WiFi network with the wiMAN community and get access to all WiFi networks shared by people just like you.
New awesome “Material Design” user interface!
Why should you download wiMAN?
★ FIND WIFI NETWORKS:
7+ Million WiFi networks all around the world rated by the wiMAN community
★ CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY:
Unlock WiFi networks and share them with the wiMAN community
★ CONNECT TO WIFI AND SAVE MONEY:
Test your network speed and enjoy Internet without limits
★ FIND WIFI EVEN ABROAD:
Download WiFi maps and take them with you everywhere, even without an internet connection
Do you own a wiMAN router?
"My wiMAN router" is a feature that lets you check your network usage stats through a personal dashboard, directly via App.
To sign in, go to "My networks" screen and tap on the top right button.
Come and talk about it here: http://bit.ly/wiMANbeta
Do you like wiMAN? Follow us:
- Provide notification with vibration alert when you visit the same location after registering AP,
(e.g., you will be noticed with vibration alert when you arrive in the station where you have registered.)
1. Lowering latency. If the wifi driver does not sleep, the AP does not have to wait until delivering the data. This is desired is many situations, like IP VOIP calls via WIFI, audio streaming, networked games (lower latency means better experience).
2. Ensure wifi is running put into higher PM state even when the screen is off. Again, this helps when you do VOIP calls, stream audio, etc.
3. Solving sporadic/unreliable connectivity problems. Root cause: Some older WIFI routers can't reliably communicate with devices using WIFI Power Management (they may actually sleep, when the AP wants to send data). It helps when your WIFI can connect to the Access Point, but the transfer is either very slow or unreliable (high packet loss). This widget does NOT help, if you can't connect to the WIFI Access Point at all.
4. Simply speed up download transfer rate. YMMV.
The widget should work on all devices with Android 3.1 and higher. In addition, this was tested and found to work on Samsung Galaxy S II (even with GingerBread).
Some users reported this also works with Acer Iconia and Galaxy Tab. Other devices may or may not support this feature. Please see for yourself. Please leave comments/rating if it helped.
USAGE: Add the widget to your home screen and tap on it to enable wifi and to activate/deactivate the high-performance mode. If you don't see the widget, start the activity. The widget should be properly listed afterwards.
Automatic toggle feature works using the following ruleset:
1. If Wifi connection is lost or manually disabled/disconnected, the HighPerformance mode will automatically be disabled (if it was enabled) to save battery.
2. If you reconnect to the last connected network, the last applicable state of the HighPerformance setting will automatically be restored.
3. If you connect to a different network than you had been previously, HighPerformance mode will be enabled based on the preference setting in the Application (whitelist)
Notice: While the READ_PHONE_STATE is indeed a very powerful and dangerous permission, I am not using it for anything else than to know if there's an incoming or outgoing call to be able to use it as a trigger. Nothing else, really...
If you'd like to double-check whether this widget has really done the job on your phone, you can try the following:
1. PING your phone from you computer with disabled wifi performance mode. Make note of the average round trip time. In my case case this was around 50ms
2. PING your phone from you computer with ENABLED wifi performance mode. In my case the average round trip time shortened to about 2-3ms. If there's no significant different between the two cases, chances are your phone does not support WIFI High Performance Mode.
This tool is perfect to save the battery if you are staying often between places without WiFi. Personally, I have reduced the battery consumption of the WLAN by over 30% to 10%. The tool reduces the battery consumption and save the battery. It's a real energy saver.
It's activate after a defined interval the wireless network and retrieve the current position.
If you are in a defined radius to the specified location the WIFI be enabled.
Otherwise, the wireless LAN is disabled to save power.
It can travel up to 10 locations and the service can be started immediately after booting the system.
The Internet is used for advertising and Google Maps!
If you have any problems, errors, suggestions or requests then please e-mail to email@example.com
Wifi Analyzer and Surveyor is an AD-FREE (yes! you read it right!) & FREE WiFi Analyzer and WiFi Surveyor app from ManageEngine. This WiFi Analyzer app helps monitor your WiFi signals on-the-go! Displays the Wi-Fi channels which are around you. You can also find the open WiFi networks around you. It enables you to find a less crowded channel so you can configure that for your wireless / WiFi router. It is a WiFi manager and scanner.
The App has two modes :
It also has a cool WiFi Channel Graph widget that lets you check your WiFi signals right from your home / lock screen!
Weak WiFi signal? Here comes the WiFi Analyzer to your rescue! Using this WiFi Analyzer, you can view the following:
* Signal Strength – a single graph of available WiFi signals, with weak signals filtered out by default.
* Channel Graph – a quick guide to the channels on which WiFi networks are deployed.
* Channel Interference – a graph that clearly demarcates co-channel and inter-channel interference.
Want to head onto Site Surveys of your building and generate reports? Get onto the WiFi Surveyor mode, load your floor plan and start surveying!
The Survey Result can be exported as WiFi Heat map or Signal Strength Report. The report can be emailed, saved to Dropbox or to the Gallery on your device.
Note: Works best in >=7 inch screen devices
GET IN TOUCH
Got any feedback or questions? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the option to show the signal strength as a percentage on your device's task bar.
The app is constantly updating the signal strength so you can walk around your house, work, or anywhere your connected to WiFi to find the best connection.
•Estimates usage and charge times based on your use
•Displays status of Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Tethering and more
•Informs you of recent applications and screen settings
BattMan is ad free
• Sliding scales and amount
• BOGO plus half off
• Manual discount calculator
• Additional Discount
• Tip calculator with check divider
• Uses local currencies
TakeOff is ad free.
Add a location to your list of favorites to mark a cabin hideaway, hotel, restaurant, meet-up or any place you want to find later. Use the route feature to navigate to any saved location. Send a text message to your family or friends to share a location. Set an alarm or timer to help you tend the parking meter.
• One touch location tagging (long press)
• Enable vehicle bluetooth to automatically set location
• Drag and drop the location icon while on the go
• Get turn by turn directions or start a route to any saved location
• Share your locations via text message
• Open shared locations right inside TagBack
• Use TagBack to locate GPS devices
• Allow TagBack to deliver location information to family members
• TagBack helps you monitor loved ones or elderly parents
• Map and Satellite views
• Direction indicator, distance and bearing display
• Expand and retract direction indicator
• Relative altitude display to assist you in multilevel structures (subject to signal)
• Previous and favorite location selections
• Changeable location icons
• Keep Screen on, Notification sound and Vibration settings
• Set an alarm or timer