- shows a different background color for temperature
- the temperature is automatically updated every 30min
- toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- the location is automatically updated when you move more than 3 miles/5km
- share the temperature with your friends
This is the first app in the world with radar, hurricane tracking, earthquakes and alerts widgets.
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
The app is equipped with basic weather forecasting features that are functionally accurate with respect to predicting the weather. Read through the following lines highlighting the key features of Weather Glow app:
• Weather Glow has simple but an easy to use interface, which allows user to search for the temperatures during the day easily with high and low temperatures in centigrade.
• A 24 hour, hour by hour weather check is provided to keep you informed about the sudden climate changes during the day.
• Weather Glow has the capability to display percentage of humidity present in the atmosphere during the day which changes hourly.
• The air pressure at the selected location is given as well.
• Also, the wind speed is displayed for the selected day.
• Moreover the wind direction on any day is also provided.
• Local and international weather updates are available for 5 days of the week..
• You can also use automatic location finder to adjust to your current location for displaying weather.
• Select a location by searching manually through search bar and view the weather forecast for that particular city.
• The Weather Glow app has incredible images for depicting weather forecast and different transitions from day to night.
• Moreover, the images change as the location changes giving an overall environment of the selected city creating great visual appeal.
Weather Glow is a one stop application to find the weather changes 4 days ahead of you. Download this app now and share your valuable feedback with us!
The combination of amazing photography and informative weather data provides an accurate and changing view of your weather. Atmospheric is powered by forecast.io, giving you the most precise and timely forecasting available.
Premium Access! (In-app purchase)
- Purchase premium to control automatic forecast updating and to configure the frequency of updates.
- Disable the locked in 3 hour forecast update interval allowing you to select anywhere from 30 mins to 12 hours.
- Enable automatic forecast updates
- Enable multiple forecast locations
- Location specific widgets
Standard features include:
- http://forecast.io weather data
- Notification bar temperature
- Weather Alerts
- Pull to refresh
- Flickr Project Weather images (Can be customized to any public Flickr photo group)
- 48 hour and Week long forecasts, with detailed forecast data
- Next hour with precipitation by the minute (Availability is location dependent)
- Multiple language support from Forecast.io (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Tetum)
- Muzei Background Source
- Optional perspective parallax effect
- Custom text sizes
- Pebble notification support
- Customizable lock-screen and home-screen widgets
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a mobile science kit!
What if my phone doesn't have many sensors?
We've teamed up with Hex3.co to provide support for their StormTag and StormTag+. These bring pressure, temperature, humidity & UV sensors into a package that attaches to your keyring, never needs charging and sends data via Bluetooth LE. Get one now - from $20 on Kickstarter :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonatherton/stormtag-a-bluetooth-weather-station-on-your-keyri
Get the beta:
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the world's most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the Univ. of Washington, Birmingham Univ. and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
*** This app is experimental! Individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
The app works best on the Galaxy S4 since it has the most sensors. Get a StormTag to add sensors to your phone.
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
This app features Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. Save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self.
*** TEMPERATURE ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this is approximate but there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings if the phone is hot due to use.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
- Cloud cover
- Lunar Phase
- Lunar Altitude
- ISS Passes (automatically localised)
- Support for GPS-only devices
- Support for devices with no location services (manual long/lat entry)
- NEW overview graphic
Astro Panel is entirely free. If you would like to support me as a developer, please download my game, Finger Shepherd! (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd)
This lightweight astronomy app detects your location and uses it to instantly give you a forecast that is highly localized and works worldwide.
***Uses 7Timer's Astro Panel to achieve this (see http://7timer.y234.cn). The forecast grid and key are loaded directly from this website***
Please note I am not affiliated with 7Timer in any way.
Please contact me with any bugs/feedback!
7Timer!, pronounced as "Tri-Timer", means "bell of clear sky" in Chinese. It is a series of meteorological forecast products. Most of the products base on a numeric weather model from NOAA/NCEP, called GFS, and aim on short-term (up to 16 days) weather forecast service for special purpose, for example, astronomical activities, or meteorological condition assessment. 7Timer! was first introduced in mid 2005 and has been revised for better fitting of public service operation in mid 2008. It's first designed as a weather forecast tool for astronomical purpose, as the author himself is a long-term astronomer and is always annoyed by fluky weather conditions.
Blood bank and plasma center directory. Locate plasma centers and get paid up to $40/hour! Review cordblood storage banks for keeping stemcell and dna material. Over 3100 locations in United States and Canada listed with a growing community of over 6800 ratings and reviews from our loyal users.
Since 2002, BloodBanker.com has been THE resource for promoting blood donation awareness education and providing a volunteer made directory.
Here are the top 3 facts on blood donation on why it is so important:
3. A serious car accident requires the amount of blood from 50 people!
2. Cancer patients need blood from 8 people every week!
1. Every 2 seconds someone in the USA needs blood!
More on why donating blood is awesome...from author Michael S. Williams.
Though not controversial enough to qualify as front page news, sparse blood supply is affecting each person on this planet. You have a 25% likelihood to need a blood transfusion in your lifetime. When that time comes, would you want to be on a waiting list because there is no blood in stock at the hospital?
Despite the scarcity of blood supply in Europe and the United States, donations make up 48% of the 91.8 million donations in the world. All that blood for people who make up just 15% of the world's population.
Of the almost 92 million donations, only 4.3% donations have been reported from the 45 African countries. A blood supply that is scarcer than scarce since these countries make up 12% of the global population. The low turn-out of donors mean a very low supply for transfusions.
Severe blood loss or hemorrhage is a leading cause of 34% maternal deaths in Africa; this can occur during their pregnant state, on delivery and post partum. Low blood supply also accounts for 31% of maternal deaths in Asia and 21% deaths in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Transfusion is one of the life-saving steps hospitals recommend for cases of severe bleeding anytime during pregnancy and after delivery. Without access to a healthy blood supply, mothers are dying. Access to a safe blood supply and life-saving measures are a big issue in low income homes like the ones in Africa. Not only volunteer blood donors are needed but volunteers for blood banks in these parts of the world.
Many recipients of donor blood have gone on to become donors themselves. If not for donors, they would have been dead or suffered lingering pain. Once an accident happens and it hits close to home, having life-saving blood available lessens the burden. Blood donation may not be for everybody, there are many ways to make several hours of your time matter for the community.
In 2009, Paul de Gelder, a NAVY diver got fatally bitten by a shark in Sydney Harbor while on duty. He had lost a lot of blood and the time he got to the hospital he couldn’t breathe properly or move. He lost his right leg and his right forearm that bled profusely. He survived, thanks to 300 units of blood and the 150 donors who made it possible for the transfusion.
In the United States, Brian Boyle had every major organ damaged and bones damaged in a terrible car accident. He died 8 times during recovery and had 36 transfusions to replace 60% of the blood he lost. For Brian, a single pint from each person can help not only strangers but loved ones who will be forever grateful. He now volunteers his and donates blood to the Red Cross. He is also an Ironheart Triathlete.
There is NO substitution for human blood when it comes to operations and treating a whole host of diseases. Don't let blood shortages become common place, support blood donation because you never know when you might need it!
Also, if you want to donate more to this noble cause, please visit BloodBanker.com and find our about us page to learn more about how you can help.
But, most importantly, spread the word about blood donation and we all benefit.
Why Pet of Kings?
Cichlids (pronounced sick-lids) are a large family of freshwater fish prized and adored for their beautiful coloration. They are amongst the most diverse and specialized group of fish in the world. There are estimates of about 1300 or more species of this kind of fish, with a staggering number of color and size combinations. Many people have probably encountered a cichlid without even knowing it. Freshwater angelfish and oscars, both common aquarium fishes, are actually cichlids.
Most cichlids being displayed in aquariums nowadays can be classified into two categories: New World cichlids and African cichlids. New World cichlids are further divided and are often referred to as South and Central American cichlids. There are many different species and sub species of each group. They are a hardy, easy to care for fish species and they tend to have vivid colors. This characteristic is what initially attracts fish collectors and hobbyist to cichlids.
African cichlids come from three lakes in Africa: Lake Malawi, Lake Tanginika, and Lake Victoria. Lake Malawi is Africa’s third largest and second deepest lake. The 1000 species or more of Lake Malawi cichlids include some of the most beautiful fish in the world, fresh water or otherwise. African cichlids are known for their beautiful patterns and array of colors that are not typical to most freshwater fish. No other group of freshwater fish are more colorful than African cichlids. These fish are simply fascinating to observe and they will amaze you with their social behavior and the degree of intelligence they possess.
The cichlids of East Africa are renowned for their proliferation. With very few exceptions, African cichlids, especially those from Lake Malawi, are among the easiest aquarium fish to breed. Cichlids readily adapt to captivity, and that is why many species are available in local pet shops. They are very hardy fish, which makes them relatively easy to maintain. This characteristic of cichlids have helped them survive introduction into new environments and geographic locations.
One cichlid that’s been introduced a lot is the Tilapia, a species which has been important to the human food supply for thousands of years. It is well documented that the Egyptians kept fish in aquaria, and hieroglyphics in the tombs of the Pharaohs very clearly describe the farming of tilapia in ancient Egypt from 2500 BC. However, with its bland coloration, Tilapias are more known to be a food source rather than an aquarium fish.
African cichlids have very interesting behaviors. Most are what’s called “maternal mouth brooders,” that is, the mothers carry eggs and young in their mouths. Once a male has fertilized the eggs, the female will pick them up, and incubate them in her mouth for a period of 3 weeks to 31 days, depending upon the species. Many researchers believe that this behavior is an advancement in the evolution of reproductive methods, since it provides further protection to the offspring during a delicate period of their development. Even after the young have been released, the mother will frequently take them back up into her mouth when they are threatened.
In general, African cichlids are more aggressive than their New World counterparts. African cichlids are highly predatory and extremely territorial. In the wild, they often live together in groups or schools of like species. Mature cichlids guard their territory and they are not hospitable and may even behave aggressively to other fish, including cichlids of different species.
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
HortChat is an interactive community web site in which you can get information on garden and plant tips, ask questions and make comments.
I would like to personally welcome you to the site. My name is Kris and I will be your host. I have a degree in horticulture and have studied and worked with plants for many years. I have also volunteered as a Master Gardener for 17 years.
At Hortchat, we share the trials and tribulations of gardening and growing plants. We may not know everything but we’ll try our best to help. If you have a suggestion or solution to a gardening / plant problem , we would like to hear about it. We are interested in giving folks the best gardening tips and creating a great community of expert gardeners!
Main Topics of Discussion Include:
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Morning Glory Vine
Seasonal Plant tips
Squash vine borer
West Nile virus
Come check us out at HortChat.com
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Greek, Bulgarian, Czech, Irish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian.