The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a mobile science kit!
What if my phone doesn't have many sensors?
We've teamed up with Hex3.co to provide support for their StormTag and StormTag+. These bring pressure, temperature, humidity & UV sensors into a package that attaches to your keyring, never needs charging and sends data via Bluetooth LE. Get one now - from $20 on Kickstarter :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonatherton/stormtag-a-bluetooth-weather-station-on-your-keyri
Get the beta:
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the world's most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the Univ. of Washington, Birmingham Univ. and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
*** This app is experimental! Individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
The app works best on the Galaxy S4 since it has the most sensors. Get a StormTag to add sensors to your phone.
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
This app features Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. Save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self.
*** TEMPERATURE ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this is approximate but there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings if the phone is hot due to use.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
You might also be looking for: luxmeter, lightmeter, light meter, magnetometer, barometer, hygrometer, accelerometer, thermometer ... if your phone has it, WeatherSignal reads it, graphs it, maps it, saves it.
(weather signal, opensignal, open signal)
- Weather forecast for the morning / afternoon / evening
- Rainfall radar
- Value of forecast reliability
- Probability of sunshine and precipitations
- Perceived temperature
- Average, mimimum and maximum temparature
- Wind force, wind direction, gust force
- Limit of snowfall
- Limit zero degrees
Exposure for 10 days in landscape mode.
Content delivered by MeteoNews
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
***IF UPGRADING FROM v18.104.22.168 OR LOWER TO v2.0.0 OR HIGHER YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION AND REBOOT FIRST. A "-24" error code appears during update. This error doesn't affect the app and only appears when you try to update. It is recommended you uninstall the old version of the app and reboot your device before reinstalling. If you don't want to update you can disable auto updates for the app in Google Play.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4x1, 1x4, and 3 1x1) with 3 style choices (on Android 4.2+ these widgets are also available for the lock screen)
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The 'About' section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
Devices with only a barometer:
Note 2 (II)
RAZR MAXX HD
XYBOARD 8.2 & 10.1
XOOM 1 & 2
HTC One (M8)
*Precise location... for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents... for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping... for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup... to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration... on a notification alert
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Weather widget with size of 4x1, 4x1 and 2x1 with ability to disable clock, auto location, week weather and customizing interface.
You can use your own icons, you need to put them into android/data/ru.nikita.weatherwidget_en folder.
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Set the gorgeous animated wallpapers with live weather conditions on your home screen and be aware of any weather that is coming your way. Whether it is cloudy, rainy, snowy or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your device. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
• Weather forecasts for multiple locations all around the world
• Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
• Beautiful weather widgets
• Fabulous animated wallpaper with live weather conditions right on your home screen
• Cloud, satellite, rain maps
• Animated weather radar for any location in the USA
• Bad weather warnings and alerts to warn you about severe weather in your area. Data provided by National Weather Service
• Customizable layout. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the layout settings
• Local time in 12 or 24-hour format
• 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
• "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
• Wind direction and speed. Visibility details
• Humidity and precipitation information. Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
• Fahrenheit or Celsius and Miles or Kilometers
• Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
• New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or any other location worldwide – get accurate weather forecasts wherever you are!
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENT
IAC Search and Media Europe Ltd.
Unit 1, Digiweb Building
College Business and Technology Park
Blanchardstown North Road, Dublin 15 Ireland
*** NEW *** WEATHER MAPS ZOOM
*** NEW *** GEOGRAPHICAL MAP OF LOCATIONS
*** NEW *** ADD ANY LOCATION ON EARTH FROM MAP, CUSTOM LOCATION NAME
*** NEW WEATHER ALERTS ***
*** NEW HOURLY FORECASTS AND DETAILED CHARTS incl CLOUDINESS ***
For more details, check our new website:
Get the latest current conditions, forecasts, weather charts, forecast maps, webcams and more with largest network of professional weather stations all over the world in a great looking style!
FEATURES, or what makes this a FULL PACKAGE:
- Live and detailed local weather conditions and forecasts
- HOURLY weather data including details as Cloudiness, Humidity, Feels like, Air pressure, Wind, % chance of rain and precipitation
- Millions! of locations around the world
- Exact dynamic and automated current location search with 'My Location' functionality
- 7 desktop weather widgets with (Flip Clock I & II 4x2, Forecast 4x2, Large 4x2, Forecast 4x1, Clock 4x1, Mini 1x1)
- Notification bar icon witch temperature and weather details
- Weather alerts in USA
- Up to 10 active locations
- Geographical map of locations
- Live Webcams for every location to see the real weather conditions (largest webcams network)
- Forecast Charts for Temperature, Precipitation, Humidity, Cloudiness
- Weather Forecast Maps for precipitation, clouds, temperatures and wind (also in HD available)**
- Choose weather data provider which fits your location best (OpenWeatherMap or YR.NO)
- Dual Clock – select from System, GMT or Location time
- Moon phase, Sunrise, Sunset
- App Hints screens
MAKE YOUR APPLICATION UNIQUE:
- THEMES - customize your app by one click or create your own !
- Fully graphical customizable (font types, backgrounds, colors, text outline …)
- Fully customizable app settings (units, startup, updates, notification bar…)
OTHER USEFUL ATTRIBUTES:
- One of the best battery consumption application on the Market
- Quick access to your prefered clock and calendar application (configurable)
- Option to display locations time on widget
- Cached weather data for offline viewing
- Easy use and high-impact visual eye candy views
- Broad OS compatibility: Android 1.6+, QVGA, WQVGA400/432, HVGA, WVGA800/854
And there is more to come, we develop and improve our app continuously.
If you like Weather Services-RATE US. Thank you and enjoy!
If you are experiencing any issues, please make sure your data connectivity is up & running. Vast majority of our low ratings are because of local issues, please contact us and let us help you first:
If you have any ideas, how to improve our application, please let us know.
- NEW locations map features - geographic, terrain & street view
- FIX for repeating "License check" on some devices
- thanks to all users for sending us reports and feedbacks
This is a MUST HAVE major release!
- UI fixes + faster weather data refresh
- Forecast maps & Weather radars animation improvements
- many new improvements and new features
- thanks to all users for sending us reports and feedbacks
Added: Resizable widgets width
Added: In-app Menu button & slide menu (see instructions on Hints)
Added: Graphical improvements
Fixed: Loading of Themes
Fixed: Loading of Forecast Maps
Fixed: Performance improvements (long weather data refresh)
Fixed: Optimization for high resolution (>=FullHD) screens
Added: Widgets with landscape mode compatibility
Fixed: Locations screen - add location directly from the map
Fixed: WeatherBug data provider alerts
..other small fixes and improvements from your (support channels) requests
... and more (v2.3-v1.0)
** we provide Forecast Maps, which are not Live Radars, as some may exchange this expression. Live Radars are being developed and will come soon
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
For any given location in Australia, you can find:
• weather data (morning, noon and evening)
• today and tomorrow's forecast
• up to 10 days of forecast information
• breaking weather news
• current weather warnings
• rain radar
• cloud cover
• lightening tracker
Plus, users can search for any location, and save their favourites in a location list.
Have all of your weather information and forecast details at your fingertips, with The Weather Network’s Android app. The interactive UI and clean design provide an ‘at-a-glance’ view of current, short term and long term weather. Pair that with the latest news and videos, detailed radar maps including our satellite and radar, traffic flow and lightning maps, and users have access to more content than ever before. When active weather systems hit, the app features location-based weather warnings and alerts. Users can also view our live stream video to keep up to date with breaking news about the latest storms.
- Detailed weather forecasts including current, short term, long term, hourly forecasts and 14 day trends
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify you when a storm is heading your way. Users will see a red banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more info
- Multiple map layers including radar, satellite, lightning and traffic flow provided by Beat the Traffic in North America, and satellite and radar maps for the UK
- Follow-me functionality, automatically detecting the forecast within 1km of your location
- Available in English and French, based on your device settings
Tips for the phone app:
- Tap the weather icon to get more forecast data, like wind speed and direction, humidity, cloud ceiling and more
- The icon on the top left provides a simple list (menu) of all the content available on the app, as well as app settings
- Right and left draw for easy navigation. The right draw allows users to add a location or to scroll between saved locations, while the left draw allows you to select various sections of the app
- Tap the weather icon to get more forecast data, like wind speed and direction, humidity, cloud ceiling and more
- Pull the screen down to refresh the data
METEOROLOGIST BLOGS: Read daily weather updates and weather blogs from FOX 9 meteorologists Ian Leonard, Cody Matz, Steve Frazier and Keith Marler.
-Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 4G and WiFi performance
-Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
-Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
-Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
-Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
-Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
-Integrated compass overlay
-Accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
-Storm Track Plotting
-User controllable alerts Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
∙ Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 4G and WiFi performance
∙ Detailed forecasts from NBC10’s Weather Team including Hurricane Schwartz and Sheena Parveen
∙ Access to weather, sports, and national and local news headlines
∙ Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
∙ NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
∙ Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
∙ Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
∙ Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
∙ Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
∙ Accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
∙ Ability to easily save your favorite locations
∙ Weather Videos and News updated by the NBC10 Weather Team
· Send weather videos and photos to NBC10 while you’re on the go
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
Blood bank and plasma center directory. Locate plasma centers and get paid up to $40/hour! Review cordblood storage banks for keeping stemcell and dna material. Over 3100 locations in United States and Canada listed with a growing community of over 6800 ratings and reviews from our loyal users.
Since 2002, BloodBanker.com has been THE resource for promoting blood donation awareness education and providing a volunteer made directory.
Here are the top 3 facts on blood donation on why it is so important:
3. A serious car accident requires the amount of blood from 50 people!
2. Cancer patients need blood from 8 people every week!
1. Every 2 seconds someone in the USA needs blood!
More on why donating blood is awesome...from author Michael S. Williams.
Though not controversial enough to qualify as front page news, sparse blood supply is affecting each person on this planet. You have a 25% likelihood to need a blood transfusion in your lifetime. When that time comes, would you want to be on a waiting list because there is no blood in stock at the hospital?
Despite the scarcity of blood supply in Europe and the United States, donations make up 48% of the 91.8 million donations in the world. All that blood for people who make up just 15% of the world's population.
Of the almost 92 million donations, only 4.3% donations have been reported from the 45 African countries. A blood supply that is scarcer than scarce since these countries make up 12% of the global population. The low turn-out of donors mean a very low supply for transfusions.
Severe blood loss or hemorrhage is a leading cause of 34% maternal deaths in Africa; this can occur during their pregnant state, on delivery and post partum. Low blood supply also accounts for 31% of maternal deaths in Asia and 21% deaths in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Transfusion is one of the life-saving steps hospitals recommend for cases of severe bleeding anytime during pregnancy and after delivery. Without access to a healthy blood supply, mothers are dying. Access to a safe blood supply and life-saving measures are a big issue in low income homes like the ones in Africa. Not only volunteer blood donors are needed but volunteers for blood banks in these parts of the world.
Many recipients of donor blood have gone on to become donors themselves. If not for donors, they would have been dead or suffered lingering pain. Once an accident happens and it hits close to home, having life-saving blood available lessens the burden. Blood donation may not be for everybody, there are many ways to make several hours of your time matter for the community.
In 2009, Paul de Gelder, a NAVY diver got fatally bitten by a shark in Sydney Harbor while on duty. He had lost a lot of blood and the time he got to the hospital he couldn’t breathe properly or move. He lost his right leg and his right forearm that bled profusely. He survived, thanks to 300 units of blood and the 150 donors who made it possible for the transfusion.
In the United States, Brian Boyle had every major organ damaged and bones damaged in a terrible car accident. He died 8 times during recovery and had 36 transfusions to replace 60% of the blood he lost. For Brian, a single pint from each person can help not only strangers but loved ones who will be forever grateful. He now volunteers his and donates blood to the Red Cross. He is also an Ironheart Triathlete.
There is NO substitution for human blood when it comes to operations and treating a whole host of diseases. Don't let blood shortages become common place, support blood donation because you never know when you might need it!
Also, if you want to donate more to this noble cause, please visit BloodBanker.com and find our about us page to learn more about how you can help.
But, most importantly, spread the word about blood donation and we all benefit.
Do you want to find real gems in the outdoors? Then Gem Hunter PRO is the app for you! Once thought as a complicated activity, Gem Hunting can now be an interesting and exciting hobby without the need of expensive and sophisticated equipment.
Gem Hunter PRO enables you to search for REAL gemstones and valuable jewels in the United States covering Idaho, California, Oregon and Washington with your GPS enabled phone.
This cool app maps over 2000 GPS coordinates of places to find gems, making it a perfect tool for all the rockhounds out there in America!
Purposely made for user's convenience, Gem Hunter PRO also includes helpful information such as identifying the land owner class and the type of gem that can be found in such area. The best thing is, Gem Hunter PRO is only $2.99 USD!
Download this app now and enjoy hunting for real gem deposits through your phone!
Precious Metals and Minerals included:
Actinolite, Albite, Amethyst, Apache Tears, Aquamarine, Calcite, Carnelian, Gold, Cinnabar, Copper, Diamond, Feldspar, Fossils, Garnet, Geodes, Hematite, Jade, Jasper, Malachite, Mica, Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Quartz,Petrified Wood, Pyrite, Crystals, Rhodonite, Silver, Soapstone, Sunstone, Talc, Thunderegg, Tiger's Eye, Topaz, Zeolites, Zircon.
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
Since lasers were invented, people have taken advantage of its usefulness in a variety of applications including in consumer electronics, information technology, science, medicine, industry, law enforcement, entertainment, the military, and even for personal use.
Topics covered: laser pointers, laser printers, Rangefinders, Diode Lasers, Hair Removal Lasers, Laser Scissors, Laser Stud Finders, Laser Mice, Radar Detectors and Thermometers.
HortChat is an interactive community web site in which you can get information on garden and plant tips, ask questions and make comments.
I would like to personally welcome you to the site. My name is Kris and I will be your host. I have a degree in horticulture and have studied and worked with plants for many years. I have also volunteered as a Master Gardener for 17 years.
At Hortchat, we share the trials and tribulations of gardening and growing plants. We may not know everything but we’ll try our best to help. If you have a suggestion or solution to a gardening / plant problem , we would like to hear about it. We are interested in giving folks the best gardening tips and creating a great community of expert gardeners!
Main Topics of Discussion Include:
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Morning Glory Vine
Seasonal Plant tips
Squash vine borer
West Nile virus
Come check us out at HortChat.com
Why Pet of Kings?
Cichlids (pronounced sick-lids) are a large family of freshwater fish prized and adored for their beautiful coloration. They are amongst the most diverse and specialized group of fish in the world. There are estimates of about 1300 or more species of this kind of fish, with a staggering number of color and size combinations. Many people have probably encountered a cichlid without even knowing it. Freshwater angelfish and oscars, both common aquarium fishes, are actually cichlids.
Most cichlids being displayed in aquariums nowadays can be classified into two categories: New World cichlids and African cichlids. New World cichlids are further divided and are often referred to as South and Central American cichlids. There are many different species and sub species of each group. They are a hardy, easy to care for fish species and they tend to have vivid colors. This characteristic is what initially attracts fish collectors and hobbyist to cichlids.
African cichlids come from three lakes in Africa: Lake Malawi, Lake Tanginika, and Lake Victoria. Lake Malawi is Africa’s third largest and second deepest lake. The 1000 species or more of Lake Malawi cichlids include some of the most beautiful fish in the world, fresh water or otherwise. African cichlids are known for their beautiful patterns and array of colors that are not typical to most freshwater fish. No other group of freshwater fish are more colorful than African cichlids. These fish are simply fascinating to observe and they will amaze you with their social behavior and the degree of intelligence they possess.
The cichlids of East Africa are renowned for their proliferation. With very few exceptions, African cichlids, especially those from Lake Malawi, are among the easiest aquarium fish to breed. Cichlids readily adapt to captivity, and that is why many species are available in local pet shops. They are very hardy fish, which makes them relatively easy to maintain. This characteristic of cichlids have helped them survive introduction into new environments and geographic locations.
One cichlid that’s been introduced a lot is the Tilapia, a species which has been important to the human food supply for thousands of years. It is well documented that the Egyptians kept fish in aquaria, and hieroglyphics in the tombs of the Pharaohs very clearly describe the farming of tilapia in ancient Egypt from 2500 BC. However, with its bland coloration, Tilapias are more known to be a food source rather than an aquarium fish.
African cichlids have very interesting behaviors. Most are what’s called “maternal mouth brooders,” that is, the mothers carry eggs and young in their mouths. Once a male has fertilized the eggs, the female will pick them up, and incubate them in her mouth for a period of 3 weeks to 31 days, depending upon the species. Many researchers believe that this behavior is an advancement in the evolution of reproductive methods, since it provides further protection to the offspring during a delicate period of their development. Even after the young have been released, the mother will frequently take them back up into her mouth when they are threatened.
In general, African cichlids are more aggressive than their New World counterparts. African cichlids are highly predatory and extremely territorial. In the wild, they often live together in groups or schools of like species. Mature cichlids guard their territory and they are not hospitable and may even behave aggressively to other fish, including cichlids of different species.