The Guide North app mobile application is a guide to the Brno-sever city district, created not only for families, but mainly for easier information about leisure opportunities in the city district. The application was created within the Audit familyfriendlycommunity project, in which Brno-sever has been actively involved since 2017 as one of the first municipalities in the Czech Republic.
The application contains:
- more than 70 playgrounds and sports grounds, including their photos and a lot of information about them (availability of parking, toilets, barrier-free access, surface, lots of greenery inside and outside and more)
- more than 80 organizations and associations active in Brno-north, which can be classified according to the field of activity
- more than 90 monuments, which are divided into cultural monuments, monuments and memorials, memorial plaques and crosses, statues and objects of modern architecture
- 34 kindergartens and primary schools, secondary and higher vocational, art and special schools
- 11 dog runs, including their photos, opening hours and other information
- display of individual places on the map
- display a list of places in the city district
- Ability to add space to favorites
- Search by keywords or categories or subcategories
- the possibility to directly contact the responsible staff of organizations and associations
- error and fault reporting
- navigation to each place or organization
The application was created to support parents with children in cooperation with the Faculty of Business and Economics of Mendel University in Brno and was created by the Spatial Hub team.
The application also contains a list of eighty organizations and associations active in family policy, including contact details. Organizations are clearly divided according to hobby activities, focus on age group and citizen orientation. Here you will find contacts both for clubs for seniors and for branches of sports organizations, such as Sokol or organizations that deal with prosocial activities. Now you will find a complete list of schools and kindergartens and all available monuments in Brno-north.
The application also offers the integration of another online service of the city district for citizens - "Servisdesk". Thanks to the Service Desk, you can report a problem to the office, which you will notice on the playgrounds in the field. Just search for a playground or dog paddock in the application and click on the "Report a problem" button. After developing the form, you can then describe, for example, a broken bench or a non-functional game element. The clerk of the district office will then forward this problem to the relevant department, which will solve the situation.
The application is the first of its kind in the city of Brno and its advantage is that it also works off-line.