You download the dictionaries to the SD card the first time you launch the app. Choose which dictionary or dictionaries you want to download.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries, which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
Offline dictionaries is a free, ad-supported application. For the ad-free version, check out Offline dictionaries Pro.
There are more than 40 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including:
* English dictionary
* English anagrams
* English word list
* English <-> French
* English <-> German
* English <-> Spanish
* English <-> Russian
* English <-> Portuguese
* English <-> Arabic
* English <-> Hebrew
* English <-> Korean
* English <-> Chinese
* English <-> Japanese
* English <-> Hindi
* French dictionary
* French anagrams
* French word list
* French <-> Spanish
* French <-> Czech
* French <-> German
* French <-> Italian
* French <-> Chinese
* French <-> Japanese
* French <-> Arabic
* French <-> Dutch
* French <-> Hindi
* French <- Walloon
* Russian <- Chinese
* Russian <-> French
* Russian <-> German
* Russian <-> Italian
* German <-> Russian
* Japanese -> German
* Spanish dictionary
* Korean (full / law Hanja / Hanzi)
* Synonyms for English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Irish
Dictionaries are added or improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
Follow us on Twitter to get informed : http://twitter.com/nghsfr
The application can be used through ebook readers such as Moon Reader+...
Note: first INSTALLATION of BIG DICTIONARIES can be SLOW. Just WAIT for the progress window to be closed. No action is required.
Keywords: Thesaurus, dictionary, off-line dictionaries, disconnected, dictionnaire, hors ligne, horsligne
Added 50,000 more hindi meanings in this update.
English to Hindi Dictionary (हिन्दी शब्दकोश) a quick reference/gude
with meanings available for almost all words. A light weight app works
offline and gives faster results without any hassle.
** This app is listed top 20 free apps in android market. Thank you for
making this big success in short time. Watchout for more improvements
and exciting features. **
-Elegant andcsimple UI for faster results
-Simple and easy to use
This free app is ad supported and may contain ads in the notification tray and/or home screen.
If you would like to opt out from Push Ads. Use this link any time http://www.airpush.com/optout
*** This is a fully functional 1 day FREE TRIAL ***
* Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
* Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
*Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A search tool:
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool:
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
♦ More than 167000 words plus 113000 inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader and FBReader
♦ Themes with user defined text colors
You can listen to the word pronunciation, provided that voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine). No voice output? Please goto http://goo.gl/axXwR.
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to backup configuration and bookmarks
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For Phones: Reader View - lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
WHY OUR USERS LOVE IT:
1. It is totally FREE !!
2. It has both ONLINE and OFFLINE mode available.
3. It has facility to type in Hindi and search Hindi Words.
4. It provides Devanagri Font display across devices.
5. It has auto completion, saving search history and saving selected words.
6. It is regularly updated by a dedicated team of Developers.
7. It provides quick support at email@example.com for any problem.
8. It provides innovative dictionary tools like hindi english spell checker, word games etc.
For more information and to try it out on web please visit:
This dictionary is also available on mobile browsers at http://m.hinkhoj.com
Move to SD Card option
Word Clear Button.
Speech To Text function included(Needs Internet in Normal Hand Set)
Word Suggestion On/Off
History & Favourites/Bookmark Options
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
*FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices like the Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab
Get the Premium Dictionary.com app to enjoy an ad-free experience with example sentences and more.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
The database includes proper nouns and common abbreviations in addition to English vocabulary (e.g. LOL, Oxford, ROFL, Webster, UNHCR, etc.)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and it's free. Better than dictionary.com? - judge for yourself!
Database size is more than 32MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
Definitions for over 200,000 words.
Gives over 33,000 example sentences to show words in context.
Over 260,000 related words.
Accepts voice input.
Includes Word of the Day and Random word.
Stores previously searched words in the History.
Download size of only 211K so uses much less file space than other free dictionary apps.
A Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Word of the Day and History!
Free English Dictionary gives you over 200,000 word definitions at your fingertips in seconds. Type in an English word and the definition is quickly retrieved from the dictionary. Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling. If your device is running android 2.1 and above you can also speak and search without having to type the word.
Dictionary definitions are given with examples and notes so you can see the word used in a sentence.
Once you have looked up a word in the dictionary, the Thesaurus button quickly finds words with similar meaning (synonyms) and opposite meaning (antonyms). You can also search the thesaurus directly. Touch a word displayed in the thesaurus results and the dictionary definition is provided.
The Word of the Day function offers an interesting and unusual words retrieved from the dictionary with definitions, examples and notes.
Need more than just one new word a day? Click on the random button in the word of the day page and a new random word, with definitions and examples, will be retrieved from the dictionary.
The History function displays a list of words previously looked up in the dictionary. If you need to check that definition again, just click on the word in the history and the dictionary definition is shown.
Free English Dictionary is regularly updated to enhance performance and user experience.
Look out for new features coming soon to Free English Dictionary:
Audio function - hear how a word is pronounced.
More dictionaries to choose from.
Free English dictionary, it’s quick, easy and very useful!
This is free android app that comes handy when you get into such situations. This one requires INTERNET connection to pull the data from server. This has a simplest tamil keyboard which you can easily type and the right english words.
The app can also be an enabler for you to teach english your self during free time. You can type vegetables, animals, fruits, body parts etc in tamil and get the right english words.
I hope this would bring you better experience, I need your feedback to improve this further.
o 10,000 most frequently used words from each language
o A selection of the most frequently used words in everyday language
o Additional English explanation for all English headwords to help you enrich your language
o Quick search of words while you type
o Fast article scrolling
o History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
o Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
+ Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
+ Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
+ Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
o Pinch zoom
Other available dictionaries:
Our bilingual and bidirectional dictionaries to English are available for the following languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Canadian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Mandarin, Netherlands, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish.
Its fully offline so you don't even need an internet connection.
More from developer
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
Using in sentence
a, an, the, any, do, go, more, many, much, little, lot, as etc.
If Test is over you can to start new test via "Yes - No" alert. All statistics will be erased.
Start platform Android 1.6
Shuffled list of answers.
Auto-scroll to top if Next+1 button pressed.
You can do test the wrong answer.
Progressbar with percentage of score. Green correct, red wrong.
White text with the score.
Results text on bottom of screen.
The dictionary search is optimized and very fast. Translation search is fulltext so you do not have to input whole words. We are working hard on the development of this application and many new features will be available soon.
Objectives of this application:
- to support many languages and translation directions
- very fast lookup and easy to use
- application has to use display efficiently - no fancy buttons, backgrounds etc.
- application has to work also offline without Internet access
- to offer more functions in one application and make learning languages easier as a grammar, Hangman, Flashcard, tests etc.
- enumerated words
- ovi / ovy extension
- s-z prepositions, prefixes
- when to write mně-tobě, mne-tebe
- part of speech
- syntax of sentence
- on-line dictionary for 65 languages
- download (more apps)
You can do test from three categories:
You can to create test from wrong answers.
You can translate question with online dictionary.
Translation of test from menu Translat:
Press the Start button. The semaphore light will have green color;
If semaphore color turned to red or oil light is on, You have to as quickly as possible press the button Stop;
When You pressed the button STOP very early, You get 1 second penalty.
Response time in second:
0.15 < Pilot Formula 1
0.25 < Racing Driver
0.40 < Regular Driver
0.60 < Inattentive Driver
1.40 < Very Inattentive Driver
1.4 >= Drunk Driver
Orientační výpočty v těchto modulech:
Dlouhodobé spoření (uložení částky koncem roku) s ročním připisováním úroku
Pravidelný důchod z naspořené částky
Online kurzy měn
Slovník pojmů a výrazů
Nápověda pro jednotlivé moduly.
Widget is updated every 30 minutes.
Click on the widgets area will open actual biggest map of Czech Republic.
Aladin - actual radar map and forecast map for 3 days.
T°C - actual temperature and forecast for 10 days in Czech Republic. Temperature and humidity in Mediterranean.
W - wind maps.
S - statistics: Overview maps outputs of selected meteorological elements
Application is for noncommercial use only.
The dictionary is based on the Android SDK examples.
- type a word into Edit Field
- press Green Button, or ENTER for start of searchnig
- delete text via the Red Cross Button
- random search via menu button Random
By the CheckButton Show Origin Text You can see a origin text of question. When you click of the underline text of the question you can get online translation of the clicked text.
You can translate a proverbs by button Google Translate Text.
You can to select your language for translating by spinner with languages.
Correct letter +2
Wrong letter -8
Help me -8
Completion of question +10
- Insert Correct Sign
- Simple Equation
- Square Number
– Roman Numerals
- Wiki Online Help
- Online dictionary
Don't use a calculator! :)
If you want a new question, press the button Next.
If you made a mistake will not loaded a new question, you have to find a correct answer, you can think about solutions as long as you want and if you want new question press the Next button.
If you pressed the correct answer (without no previous error), a new question will auto-load about two seconds.
New features coming soon.
In the Game 1 you have to avoid the shot of a rocket V-2.
In the Game Ships you have sink the ships(very difficult).
In the Game Mine-Field you have to pass through the mine field with a submarine.
In the Game Ship and Mine-Field you have to pass through the mine field with a submarine and sink the ship.
Download free calculator to calculate volume, surface, area and mass of the Sphere, Circle, Cylinder, Cone, Cube.
Off-line geometry formulas is opened in the webview.
In the webview module contain the online dictionary which can be opened by the menu item Dictionary.
Kniha se vždy otevře tam, kde jste jí naposledy zavřely.
Kapitoly se otvírají z menu "OBSAH" a po výběru kapitoly klikněte na OK.
Hledání určitého slova:
Otevřete menu "HLEDAT TEXT", zdejte slovo přesně i s diakritikou pro rychlejší a přesnější hledání.
Klikněte na OK, po chvíli se objeví text s podtrženým hledaným slovem nebo jeho částí. Pokud chcete hledat další výskyt slova, stiskněte znovu OK.