Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app and then perform simple or advance searches (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available) and the application can be used with ebook readers.
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech as well as synonyms and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
This version is ad supported but you may want to try the pro version which has no ads.
This language translator app also provides the offline translator or offline dictionary without internet where the translated languages will be saved for offline learning like a english dictionary or other languages offline dictionary book buddy. The camera english translator feature to translate using camera will be included in pro feature app software program update as well.
This language converter or language translator app free for download on Android is best to act as interpreter train and learn foreign language. You can have translation from english to any languages including quran translation, have this language translator dictionary to act like free thesaurus or oxford english dictionary, and enjoy the free google translator or bing translator services.
Translator languages included:
Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino / Tagalog, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gurajati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian / Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Arabic قاموس اللغة الإنجليزية
Armenian անգլերեն հայերեն բառարան
Bengali ইংরেজি থেকে বাংলা অভিধান
Belarusian англійская беларускі слоўнік
Bosnian bosanski rječnik
Chinese 英汉词典 英漢詞典
Croatian hrvatski rječnik
Czech anglicky český slovník
Danish Engelsk Dansk ordbog
Dutch Engels Nederlands woordenboek
Filipino / Tagalog
Finnish Englanti Suomi sanakirja
French Dictionnaire français anglais
German Englisch Deutsch-Wörterbuch
Greek Αγγλικά Ελληνικά λεξικό
Gurajati ઇંગલિશ શબ્દકોશ
Hebrew מילון עברית אנגלית
Hindi India अंग्रेजी हिन्दी शब्दकोश
Hmong phau ntawv txhais lus
Hungarian angol magyar szótár
Indonesian kamus indonesia inggris
Italian Italy inglese dizionario italiano
Japanese Japan 英語日本語辞書
Javanese kamus jawa
Kannada ಇಂಗ್ಲೀಷ್ ಕನ್ನಡ ನಿಘಂಟು
Korean Korea 영어 한국어 사전
Malay kamus melayu inggeris
Maltese dizzjunarju Ingliż
Marathi इंग्रजी मराठी शब्दकोश
Mongolian англи монгол толь бичиг
Nepali अंग्रेजी नेपाली शब्दकोश
Norwegian engelsk norsk ordbok
Persian / Farsi انگلیسی فارسی
Polish Słownik angielsko polski
Portuguese Dicionário Inglês Português
Punjabi ਅੰਗਰੇਜ਼ੀ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕੋਸ਼
Romanian engleză dicționar română
Russian Russia английский русский словарь
Serbian Енглески речник српски
Slovak angličtina slovenský slovník
Slovenian Angleško slovenski slovar
Spanish Inglés diccionario español
Swedish engelska svenska ordbok
Tamil தமிழ் அகராதி
Telugu ఆంగ్లం తెలుగు నిఘంటువు
Turkish ingilizce türkçe sözlük
Ukrainian англійська український словник
Urdu انگریزی اردو لغت
Vietnamese Từ điển tiếng việt tiếng anh
Yiddish ענגליש ייִדיש ווערטערבוך
Yoruba Gẹẹsi itumọ
o 10,000 most frequently used words from each language
o A selection of the most frequently used words in everyday language
o Additional English explanation for all English headwords to help you enrich your language
o Quick search of words while you type
o Fast article scrolling
o History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
o Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
+ Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
+ Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
+ Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
o Pinch zoom
Other available dictionaries:
Our bilingual and bidirectional dictionaries to English are available for the following languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Canadian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Mandarin, Netherlands, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish.
*** This is a fully functional FREE TRIAL ***
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
Afrikaans, Albanian, Ancient Greek, Arabic, Armenian, Azeri, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Burmese, Cantonese, Catalan, Chinese|Mandarin, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maori, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene|Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Zulu
• No internet connection required
• Arabic To English
• English To Arabic
• Search From Web
• Search by Sharing
• Auto Suggestion
• Pronounce & Voice Search
• Antonyms (Opposite words)
• Backup and Restore
• History & Study Plan
• Word Game
• Share Words
• Copy Words
Includes Offline Dictionary
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes offline dictionary
- Word of the day
- Sentence correction!
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- fetch incoming SMS to auto translate! (trial for 50 uses in this free version)
- Word of the day for many languages, including Hindi
- translation history
India Bharat desi
♦ More than 182000 english definitions and large number of inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of unknown letter
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader and FBReader
♦ Themes with user defined text colors (how? press menu-->select Settings-->click on Theme)
♦ No voice output? Please follow instructions here: http://goo.gl/axXwR.
Word pronunciation works only if voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine).
♦ No automatic keyboard at startup? Please open the panel Settings and then set option Persistent Search
♦ Question & Answers: http://goo.gl/UnU7V
♦ Information about permissions used by the application can be found here: http://goo.gl/AsqT4C
You can post your suggestions on http://goo.gl/Xkk6d
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
⚠ An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
keywords: Englisch, Inglês, английский
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of unknown words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (aka Photos/Media/Files) - to backup configuration and bookmarks
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
The database includes proper nouns and common abbreviations in addition to English vocabulary (e.g. LOL, Oxford, ROFL, Webster, UNHCR, etc.)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and it's free. Better than dictionary.com? - judge for yourself!
Total 15 Languages(CHINESE, FRENCH, SPANISH, ITALIAN, RUSSIAN, GERMAN, PORTUGUESE, POLISH, ROMANIAN, CZECH, GREEK, TURKISH, JAPANESE, KOREAN and ARABIC) support if You are connected to Internet. So You can learn different languages and pronunciations.
You can translate English to Chinese, English to French, English to Russian and so on...
and the reverse also..like Chinese to English, French to English and so on....
A dictionary book will cost You some tens of $ while You are getting this app free!
For those who are preparing for competitive exams like GRE, TOEFL, CAT it will be very useful for them. It is not possible to either carry or open a Dictionary Book always. But the electronic Dictionary will be always with You as Phone is your closest companion now a days.
You can search words quickly. You can also filter the words alphabetically.
Voice support is provided. So You will learn the proper pronunciation of each word.
If You are connected to internet then You can search details about a word in Google and Wikipedia.
So it is a combination of online and offline Dictionary. And You do not need to bother about the network condition also.
Oxford Dictionary and The Free Dictionary will be provided in the paid version.
Favorites option for GRE, TOEFL, CAT candidates will be there in paid version.
Practice for competitive exams on the go listening to music on the phone.
If you are a student, tourist or traveler, it will helps you to learn the language!
The best app for arabic speaking countries, like:
Disclaimer: This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
Google Translate link: http://translate.google.com
This light weight English and Tamil Dictionary works offline and gives faster result.
English Tamil Dictionary comes with a Simple and Intuitive UI
It is an absolutely freeware and offline English Tamil Dictionary. It contain more than 80,000 often used words. It will be our pleasure to receive feedback and suggestion from your side.
Search for English words through this Tamil Dictionary and get the clear Tamil meaning on tapping the English word.
You can also use this English to Tamil dictionary when you have no internet connection
There is auto suggestion available in this Tamil Dictionary so you need not type full words. You also can use Speech to text feature to get tamil meaning of the word easily.
Exciting features :
- English to Tamil Proverbs with more than 500 Tamil Proverbs available
- Word of the Day
- Word Pronunciation
- Word Clear Button.
- Speech to Text function included
- Recent & Favorite words Option
- Fast and easy to use
- Small Size
More Categories :
1. English to Tamil Proverbs
2. Home Needs
4. Important words
5. GK Quiz (This general knowledge quiz having more than 3000 questions)
6. Logical and Reasoning
iOS (iPhone/iPad) version also available on the AppStore!
* WordNet 3.0 English Explanation Dictionary with definition, examples and multiple language synonyms and translations
* 72 language pairs for Online Translate, including: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese-S, Chinese-T, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Zulu
* Free Full Text Online Translation with Instant Speak (Text-to-speech) for the available languages, such as:
Chinese (Mandarin) with Pinyin,
Japanese (Japan) with Romaji,
Korean (South Korea) with Hangul,
Russian (Russia) with Romanization,
* 58 language pairs Online Dictionary, including:Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese-S, Chinese-T, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Marathi, Mongolian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Zulu
* More languages for the offline text-to-speech, such as:
Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese),
English (India, UK, US),
French (Belgium, France),
Korean (South Korea),
Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal),
Spanish (Mexico, Spain, US)
* 20 additional languages from Wiktionary
* 51 Offline Dictionaries (MLD Pro)
* 39 languages Online Text To Speech (TTS)
* All in one translator and dictionary
* State of the art interface
* History with remove
* Language Swap
* Select Text
* Full Screen Mode
* apps2sd (Since Android 2.2+)
* Word of the Day from Wiktionary
* Fuzzy Search
PRO Key to unlock more features.
Follow us on Twitter! @dynotes
* Fully connected translation
* Copy Paste
* Send as a Picture
* Transcribe translation
* Dictionary and translate
* Compatible to Android 2.3+, Android 4.x or higher
* Android Holo Style available for Android 4.x or higher
* Support near 7400 types of Android devices (phone, tablet, et al.)
The only true arabic app on the Market
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* Fast! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* Support Speech to Text & Text to Speech
* Themes Available (default & light)
* FREE !
Support languages :
* English-Haitian Creole
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If Complete Dictionary crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
change preferences to the "System default" font.
Complete Dictionary based on QuickDic and licensed under the Apache License :
QuickDic : http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
Apache License ver. 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
Press the Start button. The semaphore light will have green color;
If semaphore color turned to red or oil light is on, You have to as quickly as possible press the button Stop;
When You pressed the button STOP very early, You get 1 second penalty.
Response time in second:
0.15 < Pilot Formula 1
0.25 < Racing Driver
0.40 < Regular Driver
0.60 < Inattentive Driver
1.40 < Very Inattentive Driver
1.4 >= Drunk Driver
Download free calculator to calculate volume, surface, area and mass of the Sphere, Circle, Cylinder, Cone, Cube.
Off-line geometry formulas is opened in the webview.
In the webview module contain the online dictionary which can be opened by the menu item Dictionary.
Using in sentence
a, an, the, any, do, go, more, many, much, little, lot, as etc.
If Test is over you can to start new test via "Yes - No" alert. All statistics will be erased.
Start platform Android 1.6
Shuffled list of answers.
Auto-scroll to top if Next+1 button pressed.
You can do test the wrong answer.
Progressbar with percentage of score. Green correct, red wrong.
White text with the score.
Results text on bottom of screen.
The dictionary search is optimized and very fast. Translation search is fulltext so you do not have to input whole words. We are working hard on the development of this application and many new features will be available soon.
Objectives of this application:
- to support many languages and translation directions
- very fast lookup and easy to use
- application has to use display efficiently - no fancy buttons, backgrounds etc.
- application has to work also offline without Internet access
- to offer more functions in one application and make learning languages easier as a grammar, Hangman, Flashcard, tests etc.
Knowledge of the Bible Quiz - King James Version.
First quiz is from The Proverbs, second from The Song of songs.
You can learn the English, Polish, Spanish, Russian and the Czech language.
The button aeiou inserts a group of letters AEIOU.
By the CheckButton Show Help Text You can see translation of question in a certain language.
By the CheckButton Show Origin Text You can see a origin text of question.
Correct letter +1
Wrong letter -20
Help me -30
Completion of question +10
You can do test from three categories:
You can to create test from wrong answers.
You can translate question with online dictionary.
Translation of test from menu Translat:
You can switch to mode by radiobuttons:
- calculate time of water heating in hours and minutes
- calculate power requirement in kW
- you can check "F/US Gallon" for input data in °F instead of Celsia degree and volume of tank in US gallons instead litres
- input temperature of water (minimum +5°C or +41°F)
- output temperature at what temperature the water warmed want (maximum +100°C or +212°F)
- efficiency in % .. what is the efficiency of the device (90% - very good thermal insulation , 10% very poor thermal insulation of tank)
- volume ... volume of tank in liters or U.S. gallons = 3.78541178 liters
- energy input .... appliance power in kW (wattage appliances of device)
In tank is 21 gallons (volume) of water 41°F (input). We need to warm up water to 131°F (output).
Heating element have power 2 kW (energy input).
How long time will it take?
- you have to check box "°F/US Gallon" (if using US units)
- put data into correct edit fields
- pres OK
If you not connected to internet every time, you can try this application for teaching about the Periodic Table.
If you not connected:
Application shows only text about every element (see promo pictures).
You can look-up for text in page by text field and button SEARCH. If you have some old Android version, you have to click on PLUS button for find next word.
If you connected:
Application shows all pictures and if you do click on links, you can load target page.
You can look-up for text in page.
"History of Greece",
"Alexander the Great"
- enumerated words
- ovi / ovy extension
- s-z prepositions, prefixes
- when to write mně-tobě, mne-tebe
- part of speech
- syntax of sentence
- on-line dictionary for 65 languages
- download (more apps)
In the Game 1 you have to avoid the shot of a rocket V-2.
In the Game Ships you have sink the ships(very difficult).
In the Game Mine-Field you have to pass through the mine field with a submarine.
In the Game Ship and Mine-Field you have to pass through the mine field with a submarine and sink the ship.