"What do I like here?"
"Did I like the pizza here?"
"Was the steak under cooked when I asked for medium-rare last time?"
"Was I charged a different amount for the same dish?"
Personal Foodie is designed for those of you who like to eat out and want to document what you liked or disliked at a particular restaurant. Quickly add a new dish or drink or look-up your past experiences. Personal Foodie uses your phones GPS to figure out where you are at any given time. It will pull up a list of local restaurants and let you select the correct entry. If it is not on the list, you can manually add it.
If you are out and about looking or a place to eat, use Personal Foodie to tell you what restaurants are around with food or drinks you like. Avoid places with dishes you dislike.
Personal Foodie does not store your entries in the "Cloud" or online server for others to access. Use it to privately store your likes and dislikes and only share with the friends and family of your choice.
Think of Personal Foodie as your food diary or black book. Let us know what you think! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions.
To Backup your data:
Select the "Settings" option, then "Export". This will export your Foodie entries to a file on your phone. If you want to back it up to a location off of your phone for safe keeping or if you are transferring to a different phone, make sure to copy the "PersonalFoodieDB.db" from your phone to another location. This file is created in a folder called "PersonalFoodieBackUp". All of your photos are there, as well.
*** All New Functionality & Design for version 2.1 ***
- Main page shows your most recent entries as Polaroid pictures (don't shake 'em!) .
- Search results are grouped under restaurants making it easier to view your listings. Nested entries make looking up your entries much easier.
- Icon name change from "Personal Foodie" to "Foodie".
- Restaurant details. Restaurant details include the ability to copy the address, call the location, or visit their website.
- Display all your listings for that location.
- More results should be displayed based on your location.
- Uses core Android share feature.
- General bug fixes and issues with layout spacing.
NEW PERMISSION REQUEST
- Personal Foodie now requires "android.permission.CALL_PHONE" so you can click to call the selected restaurant.
More features to come: enhanced tagging, star ratings, and drink list paging.
* Icons adapted from http://glyphish.com, used under Creative Commons