There are food additives in almost every food that you consume - some of them are safe, but some are harmful to your health. With this application, you can quickly check „which is which“ whenever you go shopping.
This application can assist you in your food shopping. With the E Calculator, you can find the additive by its E number very quickly, or you can search the additive by name, using the E List (this case is especially useful when the food manufacturer uses names of additives instead of E numbers). E numbers are categorized from 1 (good) to 5 (dangerous), to give you an idea about their safety or health risks.
More than 500 food additives with their name, safety level and purpose are included in this application. You can easily switch between different languages of food additives names, this is extremely useful when you are abroad and want to check additives written in foreign language (currently English, German, French, Spanish and Czech is supported). Also detailed information about most of additives are included - like dietary restrictions for vegetarians, vegans and religious groups, detailed description of side effects, origin and other information. No need to download any data from internet, everything is included inside of the application.
The program is localized in English, French, German, Spanish and Czech language.
Give us feedback, we will prepare new versions of this application with features that will be customized to your request!
Keywords: Food Additives, Lebensmittelzusätze, E Nummern, Additifs Alimentaires, Aditivos alimentarios, E Number
Our app helps you find the answer. Try it, it's free!
This app is the perfect tool while food shopping. In a second, you can find out if they are safe for you and your family or if they are suspicious or dangerous. It also lets you know if they are suitable for vegetarians, vegans or different religious groups.
So here they are: preservatives and sweeteners, food colorings or taste enhancers, unveiled!
The app shows the ingredients' legal status in Australia and New Zealand, Europa and the United States. It allows you to quickly check on more than 500 ingredients. You can search them by E-code, by name or by alternative names.
Internet connection is NOT required to use the app.
- You can search for food additives by E-number, by name or by alternative name(s).
- Fast E-CODE Computer for easy and fast search just in codes.
- Personal rating system, if you want to put different risk in additives.
- Customized details page, you can add/remove 15 elements from details page.
- You can read the details on any additive with just one tap.
- You can filter additives based on text queries.
- The lists can be sorted by names or by E numbers.
- You can share a details page.
- It's also possible to filter additives based on risks.
- A new favorites list can be managed by user.
- The history list retains the last additives that you searched.
- You can zoom in/out the description field in details page.
- There is a “shortcut” button in the list and details pages title for easy search.
- It allows you to check whether an additive is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, children, pregnant women, people with asthma or allergic reactions, or for people from different religions.
- You can update the app anytime if you have an internet connection.
- On our information on additives page, you can leave comments with references, which will be taken into account in the future versions of the additive database.
- It allows integration with Google search widget.
- Zoom in the description field in details page can be done by scale gesture.
- Highlight description words.
Visit our site and leave us your comments, they can help us improve the app.
"Some additives have been used for centuries; for example, preserving food by pickling (with vinegar), salting, as with bacon, preserving sweets or using sulfur dioxide as in some wines. With the advent of processed foods in the second half of the 20th century, many more additives have been introduced, of both natural and artificial origin."
Some of them are harmless, many not quite healthy and several are dangerous.
There is some controversy about adverse reactions to food additives, particularly in relation to their effects on children. Many people have experienced various negative reactions to food additives. Certain groups may be more susceptible to adverse effects, such as asthma sufferers, chemically sensitive and allergic individuals or hyperactive children.
Keywords: E-numbers, E-Codes, Food Additives, Food, Diet, Health, Additives, E Numbers, E Codes.
Easily and quickly check which E numbers in the food ingredients can be harmful to you. The E-Codes app is perfectly designed to ensure maximum speed and usability. Just try it!
Screen-shots present the full version (search for: E-Codes). Which additionally includes the scoring system, especially helpful while doing fast shopping!
Fully supported languages: English, Deutsch, Polski.
Tags: Food, Diet, Health, Additives, E Numbers, E Codes.
This app allows you to check what is in your food within a few clicks. It is especially designed for easier use while shopping!
There are two search modes - by number and by word - switchable from the options menu (MENU button on your mobile).
You can also comment and read about other users' experiences with certain food additives.
But what are they?
Hidden behind numbers and complicated names they may have no impact on your health but also can be harmful and dangerous.
Why put your health at risk?
Keep your family and yourself safe from harmful additives. And if you can’t avoid them, limit consumption to reasonable levels.
Just check your product label and search with this application on your phone for food additives by number or by name to learn if they are safe or not.
This application offers you comprehensive insight into: side effects and heath information, origin of the additive, it’s function and characteristics, common products, daily intake and dietary restrictions.
Eat smart and stay safe!
- List of 684 Additives
- 3 levels of dangerousness
- Sort by name or Exxx
- Search by name or Exxx
- Opening a web-site information on long press additives
- Optional colors for color blind
- English or french version
All additives are grouped into groups (eg, antibiotics, catalysts, etc.).
Additive's color shows their level of impact on the human body.
You can search by the number of E-additives (for example: E300) and the English name of additives (for example: Paprika Oleoresins).
There are also other additional functions such as the ability to add the E-additives to "My Favorites".
This is our first English application on Android, so please tell us if you find any errors. We will correct them in the same day.
Search by ID number of E-Additives.
Search by English/Latin name of E-Additives.
Possible to check description of E-Additives.
Additives are indicated by the degree of human exposure.
- food additives,
- food allergens,
- diets (if it's Halal/Haram, Kosher/No-Kosher, Vegan or not)
- treatments (irradiation and GMO)
- and nutrition facts.
CheckFood application offers a recommendation based on www.ControlEuri.ro date about food safety of the scanned products.
The app allows to view the 15000 products already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for missing products.
To discover the Open Food Facts project, please visit http://en.openfoodfacts.org
More from developer
Select desired sensor and press Play button to watch his behavior in real time, both textually and graphically. In addition, you can also display the minimum, maximum and average values. Recorded data can be exported to csv file for further processing.
Note: Android system reports sensor data only if there is some change. This may cause, for example, that proximity sensor looks like malfunction, but this is caused by no data change from sensor.