Almost every navigation software description starts with functions enumeration. In fact Navigation is maps, as everything or almost everything depends on map quality and use conditions. You are satisfied with the navigator just so much as the maps meet your tasks and needs. Usually publishers are “linked” to the data supplier that often determines the navigation quality. Meanwhile there are lots of map data types with different purpose, price, usage conditions, quality, and availability of extra services, based on such data and so on. There are drive aimed maps, as well as maps for pedestrians and bicycles, there are traffic information enabled maps, also there are some maps featuring detailed sightseeing information. All the above maps may be free of charge as well as payment based. The software enables choosing and rating maps from different sources and by different publishers, we have in our catalogue:
★ OSM maps – these are free of charge maps by OpenStreetMap project.
★ HERE maps – these are licensed maps by Nokia.
★ CityGuide maps – these are maps from local map makers; these maps are compiled and brought to the uniform standard. The major part of these maps is regularly revised and features traffic services. License terms and conditions are specified by the data owners and usually provide trial period and in some cases free of charge use in non-navigational mode.
All maps are provided with brief description and rating. You may choose and use maps from different sources; the software built-in catalogue will ensure map coverage of the actual user position. In other words you may simultaneously use different maps for the same country and region choosing those that suit you the best.
Traffic jams, navigational messages and updates
Another important feature of the gps navigator is instant navigational messaging service between drivers. Should you be a witness of a road accident, mobile station of traffic police, danger on the road, traffic jam, you may mark this event on the map. Information about all events will be automatically sent to all drivers of the region. Similarly you receive such messages from other drivers. Besides the software automatically gathers and sends to the server data about vehicle speed while you moving along your route. After this the data is processed on the cloud and sent back to the drivers who are involved in traffic data exchange as a traffic data containing file that enables generation of an optimal route allowing to bypass traffic jams. Some maps support revision service; it means that data about road circulation change, new restricting signs, speed limits etc. automatically received ensuring creation of quickest and safest route.
★ The navigator given with the whole navigational functions to work with a map, route creation, on route driving. You will find more detailed description of the navigator in our Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/106961068847641379802 . Here we only mention some key features.
★ The software enables choosing and using maps from different sources. In such a case you can choose the map that suits you the best.
★ The software uses lightweight vector maps and can be used in offline mode without web access. In online mode it generates very little traffic for updates and IM service.
★ The software uses high-efficiency map library featuring high speed rendering, 3D graphics and 3D models.
★ The software quickly generates routes.
★ The software generates the optimal route taking in account revised data and traffic. The driver may choose one of the alternate routes that are also generated by the software.
★ The software features improved search enabling search for address and POI using different criteria: search everywhere, search all, search address, search within region.
★ GeoNET navigator features unique communication functions - Push-To-Talk live chat, you can drive and talk with your friends on a map.
All you need is a phone with a Russian SIM card. This will allow you to order a Rutaxi, get order confirmation, status updates and inform you when your taxi has arrived as well as the car model and license plate number. If you spend a lot of time in Russia, the Rutaxi app can even save you favourite addresses so ordering a taxi is as easy as 1, 2, 3... Besides a flat rate, you may order by the hour.
Important before you use
First you should know about Russian addresses, they vary from abroad. Besides having a numerical address, some buildings may have several buildings for one address so you must enter the building number in the correct field. Also every building may have several entrances so you must fill in this field too. Ex.: Lenin 75 building 2 entrance 3. Also a Russian keyboard found in the settings section of you phone is required.
How to use
1. Once you download the app, the first screen which appears asks you to enter a city.
2. Now you must register, do this by entering your ten digits Russian SIM card telephone number. Tap ‘get by sms’ icon and prompt appears that you are requesting a password. Hit Yes and a password will be sent to your number/ The sms will respond with rutaxi.ru: and a 5 or 6 digit password. From there enter your password in the correct field and hit save. You will now be directed to the order a taxi page.
3. Once you tap on the pick up field, enter the first 3 or more characters with your Russian keyboard and tap the search symbol. A chronological list will pop up listing possible streets, bus stops and popular places, tap the desired link. If it is a street address, follow these steps. Tap the street and you will be asked for a numerical address. As stated before it may require a building number too. Ex. Lenin could be 74 or 74/1 or 74/2 or 74/a and so on. If there is a building number enter the forward slash / and then the building number after the address. Tap enter, then enter the entrance number and then add to route. If it is a bus stop or popular place, highlight field and add to route.
4. Now enter where are you going to in the field marked ‘to:’ Repeat step 3 and enter add to route.
5. You will automatically receive the cost in rubles. From there you may tap order or add another destination if doing multiple trips by tapping add to route and repeat step 3 again. When you have added all destinations tap order.
6. You will receive a preview of you order, look it over and tap yes if it is OK.
7. You will receive a message telling you your order is successfully complete, tap close.
8. You will receive a SMS confirming your order has been placed with all info about your order.
9. Next you will receive a message that your car is here with the model colour and license plate number. Go to your taxi. You may also get a phone call, tap answer and after 3 seconds tap end. This tells our system you are going down. It is automated no need to speak.
Use case: You are driving down the road, something catches your attention, but you cannot pull over to
investigate and you cannot savely text yourself a reminder.
Use case: You work "door to door" (e.g. pizza delivery, bike courier) and want to log your route.
Use case: You are on vacation and you want to mark a tourist attraction, a restaurant or a meeting point
for returning to later.
Bookmarks are placed on the homescreen. In order to view a bookmark, you need to have a suitable maps application installed as well (e.g. Google Maps or OSMAnd~). Please note that in order to conserve battery life, Geo Bookmark will only try to get a location when you request it. GPS will be tried first. If no fix can be determined within 40 seconds, the system will be asked if there is a "last known position". On a recently booted device, it may be nescessary to initialize the location service with a more patient location tracking app.
Bookmarks are color coded. A blue symbol indicates a GPS derived location. A red symbol indicates that the "last known position" was used and the bookmark should be double checked.
NOTE: By design, the user interface is kept minimal. There is (and will be) no support for (re-)naming bookmarks. If that functionality is needed, the suggested solution is to use homescreen folders which can be labeled. On Android 4.x, creating a folder as as easy as dragging two icons on top of each other. "Photo Bookmark" is an ideal companion app for creating the second icon.
Taxi anytime anywhere.
Tappsi is disrupting the way people book taxis in Colombia. An easy to use app to make taxi cab reservations from your smartphone.
* GPS location.
* Frequently used addresses are automatically saved.
* Book from a large pool of taxis.
* Confirmations are sent via email, SMS or push notifications directly to your phone.
* Security: share the cab license plates and/or your location via email, social networks or SMS/iMessage.
Tappsi uses geo-location GPS technology to locate your pickup address. The app has been developed to find cabs in an easy and convenient way with just two taps.
Our system locates by GPS the closest taxi in a matter of seconds in any location in your city.
What our customers say:
* * * * * "Excellent. Great app! Exceeded my expectations!" - Pr.JAR
* * * * * "Great App. I've used it in Bogota and it works beautifully." - Rudy Serna
* * * * * "Super Awesome. Very good App! Works awesome with all the Taxi companies very good network!!! Awesome job!" - DarkVergil
* * * * * "Excellent! Totally recommend!" - Thinnergirl
Tappsi has been developed to improve your safety, it allows the passenger to share the taxi license plates via email, social networks or SMS/iMessage. In this way, your friends and family may know in real time what taxi are you on and where did you take it.
The Tappsi revolution leaves behind the long phone calls with a boring recording, where the machine tells the user "how important is your call", just to say after 5 minutes waiting that there are no cabs available. Also, you don't need a fixed phone line to book cabs automatically. Tappsi also allows the passenger who hails a cab on the street to share the license plates with friends and family.
For additional info, visit us at:
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
If you like Tappsi, please rate us on the App Store.
If you have comments or suggestions, please write to:
NOTE: Any text sent out by SmallTalk will be save in your conversation with SmallTalk prepended to it, for example "SmallTalk: some message", but the actual message your friend will receive will not have it, they will only receive "some message".
Working on pushing down to Android 2.1