MaxLock is an applocker based on the Xposed Framework. Unlike most other applockers, it uses a battery friendly and efficient event recognition method instead of a polling service.
- NO ADS, NO BLOAT, NO SCAM! (unlike most other applockers)
- Free software licensed under GPLv3+
- Two implementations available: a powerful Xposed implementation and a less powerful but no-root-required no-Xposed implementation
- Multiple locking types: Password, PIN, Knock code and Pattern
- Android Marshmallow fingerprint support
- Per app locking type and password
- Fake crash feature: spoof crash of locked apps
- MasterSwitch to disable MaxLock on the fly, along with widget, shortcut and Tasker support
- Many UI customization options
- Protection against being uninstalled through device admin permission (which can again be protected through Xposed*)
- Option to disable/remove the recents thumbnails of locked apps*
- Option to hide the notifications or their content on per-app-basis*
- Possibility to unlock full version even without donating, but donations are still very welcome ;)
(*: Only available in Xposed implementation)
Premium features (can be enabled in app by donating):
- I.Mod (grace period for relock)
- Log failed unlock attempts
- Backup/Restore locked apps list
- Website/Guide/FAQ linked below this description
- XDA-Thread linked on website
- Source code: https://github.com/Maxr1998/MaxLock
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. As mentioned above, it is used as an uninstall protection measure and isn't used for anything else.
This app also uses an Accessibility service. The service is used in the alternative no-Xposed implementation to monitor app changes and lock your app. No data can and will be collected from your screen content.
If something doesn't work properly, please don't just give a poor rating, use the in app feedback option to send me an email with a detailed description and logcat/Xposed logs. Thank you!
Note that I only speak English and German, means I cannot answer to messages in other languages.
This module was originally created by @FatMinMin, but as he discontinued development, I picked it up. Huge kudos to him, without him, I wouldn't have gotten this far :3
Original thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-minminlock-v1-0-4-applock-t2762688
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.