Easily encrypt text with 256-bit AES. Share the password used for encrypting with your friends through a secure channel, and use the password to decrypt the messages again.
• Secure encrypting of files based on AES cipher.
• Decrypting of files, which have been encrypted by Data Encrypter.
• Secure erasing of files.
• Easy sharing of encrypted files.
• Compatibility between different devices with Data Encrypter application.
• Simple file explorer.
• Intuitive control.
Data Encrypter is an application for secure files encryption and secure file erase. The application provides files encryption in your phone in order to deny unauthorised access to files. Immediately after the encryption process the files can be securely erased. The erased files will not be recoverable in any recovery tool.
You can experience a very simple and intuitive user interface with the ability to process more than one file at once. A simple file explorer has been integrated so that the application needs no third-party modules.
Data Encrypter always encrypts the entire file and not just its parts (as other applications do). Data Encrypter uses very secure mechanisms based on AES cipher (a US federal standard).
It is possible to encrypt/decrypt files onto different devices equipped with Data Encrypter application.
No “universal“ framework has been used for the application development, therefore the source code on the target platform is fully controlled.
This application is used for encrypting and decrypting files with 256 bit AES algorithm. You can use it to encrypt files before putting them on online locations (cloud storage, Google Drive, Skydrive, Box, Dropbox, Gmail, etc.) or to store encrypted sensitive files on your Android phone so that they are unreadable to those who don't know your password.
This application is accompanied by clients for different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and operating systems that can run Java. Source code of AES Crypt algorithm and client software is available at AES Crypt (http://www.aescrypt.com).
• 256 bit AES encryption format (AES Crypt version 2)
• File encryption and decryption
• Secure erase of original files after encryption or decryption
• Internal file browser for selecting, deleting and renaming files, setting output directory, setting key file
• Send/share functionality (Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox, Gmail, Bluetooth etc.)
• Encrypt your files before putting them in the cloud storage (Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox etc.)
• Password can be in Unicode (you can select password like "密碼 パスワード пароль كلمة السر" )
• Password can be up to 100 characters (minimum 6 and recommended at least 12 characters or more)
• Encrypted files have .aes extension which clients on other operating systems recognize
• Select where files will go after encryption/decryption (ie. sync folders)
• Key file support (file which contains password up to 1024 characters in length for encryption/decryption)
Notice: Speed of encryption or decryption depends a lot on speed of internal memory/SD card!
Supported client software (http://www.aescrypt.com/download.html)
• Windows 32&64 bit
• Mac OS
• Cross-platform Java
• Japanese (日本語)
If you want to contribute a new language translation or make existing translation better, please send us email.
Lite version limitations
• Limited to 5MB file size
• No bulk encryption (folder, selected files)
Keywords: AES Crypt, AES, encryption, decryption, encrypt, decrypt, crypto, strong encryption, security, cloud, cloud storage, Gmail, Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box, ownCloud, nsa, bluetooth, secure delete, secure erase, wipe, internal file browser, multi platform, cross platform, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, Samsung Galaxy, 暗号化, шифрование, 加密, التشفير, Verschlüsselung, crittografia, criptografía
Bcrypt is a cross platform file encryption utility. Encrypted files are portable across all supported operating systems and processors, including
x86 (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Cygwin, Win32)
Sparc R220 (Solaris 2.7, 2.8)
Sparc Ultra60 (Linux 2.4)
Alpha (Linux 2.4)
PPC G4 (MacOS X 10.1 SERVER)
PPC RS/6000 (Linux 2.4)
MIPS (Linux 2.0.34 (Cobalt))
HPPA 1.1 (HP-UX 11.0)
armeabi (Android 2.2 - 4.0)
The original bcrypt source is copyrighted by Johnny Shelley and has the following copyright notice and disclaimer:
"Copyright (c) 2002 Johnny Shelley All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms,
with or without modification, are permitted provided
that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the
above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the
above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the
following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the author nor any contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND
CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT
OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA,
OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED
AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
bcrypt for Android uses the same sources for encryption/decryption, but is not part of Shelley's bcrypt project.
Download bcrypt sources and binaries for other platforms from http://bcrypt.sourceforge.net/
Note: For requests and comments, e-mail WhoDunnit?Me!
encryption, decryption, security, privacy, confidentiality, data protection, blowfish, compression, cross platform
Protect your personal information.
• Encrypt files of any size and type
• Encrypt set of files. You can select multiple files and encrypt them.
• File manager will allow you to:
- open the file before encryption to make sure that this file you want to encrypt
- create folders
- rename files and folders
- copy, cut and paste files and folders
- delete files and folders
- share files
- view information about a file or folder
- ability to mark folder as a favorite
• Quick access to:
- list of encrypted files
- favorite folders
● Dual-pane tree view
● Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Picasa, Zip, Rar, 7zip explorer
● Cloud storage access: Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box.net, Mega.co.nz ***, SkyDrive, Webdav, Yandex.disk, Ubuntu One, SugarSync, Dump Truck, Copy.com
● SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and SSH Shell - http://bit.ly/xp-ssh ***
● Application manager
● WiFi file sharing *** - http://bit.ly/xp-wifi
● Manage files from a PC web browser *** - http://bit.ly/xp-web
● Favorite folders
● Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
● Hex viewer
● Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images
● Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
● Multi-selection - always available, yet not disturbing
● View APK files as ZIP
● Share - send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
● Configurable buttons and key shortcuts
● Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
*** marked features are paid - they require donation
X-plore allows you to see inside of your Android device. And also outside.
This is a dual-pane explorer, there are two folders shown at same time, and common operation such as copying files are done from one pane to another.
And X-plore shows folder hierarchy in a tree view for clear orientation and fast switching to other location.
You may explore internals of the device, and if you're power user and have your device rooted, you can make changes to system data - backup files, remove unwanted applications, etc.
If you're standard user, you may choose to hide internal memory from view and be sure not to mess with system.
You can comfortably see contents of mass memories on your device, or possibly attached USB memory stick.
Simple app manager allows to see, run, copy, share, uninstall and further explore installed applications.
WiFi file sharing
Access files on your Android device from other Android devices over WiFi.
Access from a PC web browser
Manage files on your Android device from your PC.
Access to FTP and FTPS (secure FTP) servers is supported.
Multiple servers may be configured.
X-plore can display shared folders on other computers in LAN (local area network).
The system allows access to shared folders on computers connected to LAN, or even remote server if it supports SMB protocol.
X-plore can access various web storage "Cloud" servers, and access their files.
You need to have account in supported web service, then you can access your files stored online through X-plore.
Supported is also SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and Terminal shell emulator.
Main operations are related to managing files and folders - viewing, copying, moving, deleting, compressing to Zip, extracting, renaming, sharing, and more.
X-plore can list images in Picasa albums, download them, create albums, upload and delete photos, edit captions.
SQLite database viewer
X-plore can show SQLite database files (those with .db extension) as expandable list of tables, each table containing list of rows and columns with database entries.
Main interaction is done by touch screen, clicking on folders or files to open files, or long-click to open context menu which contains options which can be done on particular clicked item, or multiple selected items.
Multi-selection allows to do operation on more files at once. Files can be selected by clicking check box. It is also possible to select all files in a folder, or clear selection, by clicking parent folder's check box.
Opening file may mean to use one of built-in viewer for most popular file types: images, audio, video and text.
Or you may configure X-plore to use system application for opening files, in which case system-predefined application that can open particular file is launched.
Archives (currently supported are Zip, Rar and 7zip) are displayed as other folders.
Additional interaction is possible by button bar, which is between two panes, and is fully configurable.
With File Converter you can convert almost all your files! Convert files to Archives, Audio, Documents, Ebooks, Images or Videos!
★★Most features compared to other converter apps!★★
The app converts files in the cloud so your battery isn't wasted, you can continue using your device and conversions are much faster!
★★Your files are handled securely!★★
Videos converter: convert to 3G2, 3GP, AVI, FLV, Matroska MKV, Quicktime MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, OGG, WebM VP8, WMV, For Android, For BlackBerry, For iPad, For iPhone, For iPod, For Nintendo DS DPG, For Playstation 3 PS3, For PSP, For Nintendo WII, For XBOX 360
Documents converter: convert to Word (doc and docx), Flash, HTML, Open-Office, PDF, Text
Audio converter: convert to AAC, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
Ebooks converter: convert to ePub, AZW3, FB2, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PDF, TCR
Images converter: convert to BMP, EPS, GIF, EXR, ICO, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, WEBP
Archives converter: convert to 7Z, TAR BZ2, TAR GZ, ZIP
Extra features for file types
For video conversion: depending on the selected format you can change the size (width and height), quality, video bitrate, audio quality, frame rate, rotate, flip (mirror), or trim to a specific part of the video
For audio conversion: depending on the file type you want to convert to you can change: bitrate, frequency, channels (mono, stereo), normalize or trim to a specific part of the audio
For ebook conversion: depending on the selected format you can change the Ebook title, Author, Add a border, Select the encoding, enable ASCII ouput or select the ebook type: Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, Apple iPad, Sony, Sony 300, Sony 900, MS Reader, Mobipocket, Hanlin V3, Hanlin V5, Cybook 3, Cybook Opus, iLiad, IrexDR1000, IrexDR800, jetBook, Kobo, Nook, Nook color, Bambook, Tablet, Generic e-ink, Generic e-ink large, Pocketbook 900
For images conversion: depending on the selected format you can change the quality, size (width and height), dots per inch (DPI), apply filters and/or color effects
For documents conversion: convert Word 2007, docx, xlsx, pptx, new formats are supported! You can, for example, convert them to PDF.
Other features of the File Converter
- Previously converted list
- Share through built-in webserver (use the WIFI network)
- Upload converted files to an FTP server, Samba (CIFS/CIF) server, WebDAV server, Dropbox, HTTP Post.
- Use the built-in file browser or use your own file manager application and select File Converter to open. This will load the file automatically! Help included for how to install ASTRO File Manager, File Manager, Ghost Commander, Root Explorer
- Use the gallery function of your device to select an image, audio or video or just use the camera function to take a picture/video and convert it!
- Share the converted file through Email, DropBox, Google Docs, Box.net, Evernote, HiDrive (help included)
- A progress indicator and log shows the upload and download status
- We can't convert the following: password protected files (secured pdf, etc), DRM protected files (bought ebooks) and files bigger than 100mb!
- Your files get uploaded securely and will be deleted immediately after the conversion is done or failed. We don't keep any copies or logs!
Visit File Converter on: http://www.fileconverteronline.com/
Visit us on: http://www.icecoldapps.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceColdApps
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IceColdApps
What are the permissions for?
- INTERNET: uploading and downloading from the cloud
- CAMERA: take an image/video to convert
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: save the files
- VIBRATE: to alert you when a conversion is done
- READ_PHONE_STATE: to get a unique id to handle conversions with
- CHECK_LICENSE: check whether you have a legal version
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS IF YOU AREN'T COMFORTABLE USING AN SBF!
Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap will set your phone up so you can access a custom recovery mode to create full backups of your phone and install new ROMs!
Try 'File Hide Pro' which is also free if you need DISGUISE function. File Hide Pro is disguised as a Tip Calculator so no one will know that you are hiding something!
Password setting to prevent others from using this app.
You can enable the password on the Settings by checking the option 'Enable Password' and set your password through 'Change Password'.
Hide any file(Pictures, Audios, Videos and etc.) or folder you don't want anyone else to see.
Hidden Pictures and Videos will disappear from your gallery and video player IMMEDIATELY after you hide them and will appear again once you unhide them.
UNLIMITED version that allows you to hide as many files as you want.
Password protection to protect the app itself to prevent others from using this app.
Hide files & folders.
Fast and reliable. Hide folders in seconds.
Clean,smooth and intuitive UI to help you easily hide files and folders.
Easy to manage all the hidden items and toggle the status between hidden and unhidden.
Password protection to ensure your privacy.
Explanation for the PERMISSIONS:
This app needs MODIFY STORAGE CONTENTS to hide files.
And the others (Internet and Network Location) are just used for ads display like many other apps. Nothing will be stored online.
How to hide and unhide files?
Please refer to the detailed help by pressing the MENU button and selecting the Help menu.
I hided some files and uninstalled this app, will my hidden files get lost?
No. The hidden files are still stored secretly and safely somewhere on your phone and you can re-install this app again any time when you want to restore them. NOTHING WILL GET LOST!
Keywords: Hide Files, Hide Folders, Hide Pictures, Hide Photos, Hide Videos
You can also browse the SD card folder directory, manage your android files through your computer after using wifi connection. you can find all these magic function in this app.
* Classify to display Music, video, pictures, documents, zip files, android app install files. Now you can easily find all the same type documents in one file list;
* Easy to delete, move, copy, paste and share files;
* Browse your phone SD card folder directory;
* After create Wifi connection, you can use the wireless management. Through your computer to complete file operations, such as delete, copy, move, upload and so on;
* Add current file folder to the favorite list
* Easy to share your files through the third part app. File Manager has Integrated all types of cloud storage service, send and share your files is no longer difficulty now.
This app is based on FileExplorer code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
FileExplorer code: https://github.com/MiCode/FileExplorer
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
● Password Manager, Message (Text) Encryption and File Encryption integrated in the all-in-one solution.
● Store and manage all your passwords, PINs or notes in one secure place protected with one Master Password.
● Keep your messages, notes and other texts safe from unintended readers.
● Securely encrypt your private and confidential files or whole folders. Wiping (secure delete) feature is included.
● Everything is encrypted using strong encryption algorithm: AES(Rijndael) 256bit, RC6 256bit, Serpent 256bit, Blowfish 256bit/448bit, Twofish 256bit and GOST 256bit ciphers are available.
● Other Utils: Password Generator, Clipboard Cleaner, Algorithm Benchmark, ...
● Minimal Permissions. No ads.
● Cross-Platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, ...) GUI Version and Command Line Version of the File Encryptor is available on the application home page (download section).
● This software is Open Source project – we have nothing to hide, so you can have securely hidden everything you need.
(as Open Source, this software is published under TSU - §740.13(e) encryption export license exception)
● If you notice any problems with this application please send an email. Comments do not allow us to communicate to you - so it's hard to help you.
Keywords: password vault/safe/keeper, password manager, password generator, ciphering utilities, password protection, file encrypter, text encrypter, email, sms, wipe feature, secure erase, strong cipher, cryptographic software, crypt engine, cryptographic tools
File Manager can be used as a file explorer - you can open a folder and see what directory or files the folder has within it. File Manager allows good file management, it is an organizer from which you can manage your files and directory structure. File Manager can act as a file deleter, to clear up space on your SD card.
File Manager also acts as a file compresssor - you can compress several files into a small Zip archive, saving space on your sdcard. Alternatively, File Manager can act as a file extractor, or unzipper, as you extract Zip archives back into normal files again.
File Manager also acts as a file opener. Touching certain files allows you to perform actions on it - music and videos will play, books will open, and so forth. You can choose which program will open the file. File Manager can act as a file sender - send files to friends through whatever method you choose by intent.
Try File Manager and see why some people think it is one of the best file managers around.
File Manager is based on the OpenIntents File Manager. File Manager is under the Apache 2 License.
A master password is both used to access the application and to encrypt the encryption keys, that are generated random for each file, that is managed by Encryption Manager. Confidential files are accessible directly after the login. With one click on the file, the file is decrypted to its original location and can be shown by the installed viewer or editor apps. When you are finished working with the decrypted copy, the file is re-encrypted with one click and the decrypted file is wiped from the SD card. This wipe process will overwrite the data with random bytes before the file is deleted. So even if the device is lost or stolen, it is not possible to access your confidential data.
Encrypting new files is very simple: they can be chosen either with the built-in file manager or by simply using "send/share" from another app.
* Access based on master pin or master text password.
* Encrypts all kind of files.
* Possibility to encrypt all files of a folder.
* Provides a special handling for images, e.g. removal/creation of gallery thumbnail images.
* Base functionality of a file manager (view on click, send/share menu), but with automatic decryption before the action.
* Offers AES and Twofish encryption with 128 and 256 bit keys.
* Status tracking: Displays icons to indicate whether a file is currently decrypted or was changed.
* User setting for automatic re-encryption on exit.
* Secure overwrite of the orginal file after the encryption.
* Additional anti file recovery tool included.
* Two layout modes: flat list view or hierarchical folder view.
* Filters can be defined to filter SD card files by file extensions or to excluded folders.
* The master password can be changed for an existing database.
* Provides a backup and restore mechanism, e.g. for backup to cloud storage (Dropbox, Googel Drive, ...)
* Can be configured to delete all managed files the after 7 unsuccessful attempts.
* Has an "Exit" menu on all screens, that finishes the task completely.
* App is locked (master password must be re-entered), when there is no user input for configurable period.
* Includes english help pages.
Important hints for usage on Android 4.4 devices see: http://www.giraone.com/kitkat-and-em.html#en
* The "lite" version is limited to 5 encrypted files!
* The full version has no limitations.
Keywords: file encryption, data encryption, file manager, crypto, SD card, encryption algorithm, AES, Twofish
* Application backup
* Multi-select file supported.
* Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
* Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
* Create, delete, copy directories (folders).
* Zip / Unzip file or folder.
* Search file
* Sorting types: Alphabetical, Type, Size,...
* Share file to email, socials network.
* Choose file to other applications, like Gmail, to attach files.
* Support for many file types such as: .png, .jpg, .mp3, .xls, .doc, ...
* Compare with tablets
Keywords: File Explorer, File Manager, File Browser, Root Explorer, Gallery, file manager, filemanager, file explorer, manage file, folder, share file, show file
Recently Tested File Manager Configurations:
LG G2 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S2 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S3 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S4 File Manager
Nexus 4 File Manager
Nexus 7 File Manager
Nexus 10 File Manager
LG G Pro File Manager
Sony Xperia Z File Manager
Motorola DroidX File Manager
Motorola Droid2 File Manager
Samsung Fascinate File Manager
Samsung Epic 4G File Manager
Motorola Droid File Manager
Motorola Defy File Manager
T-Mobile G2 File Manager
LG Optimus File Manager
LG Ally File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Note File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Note II File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Ace File Manager
HTC One File Manager
More from developer
If you are looking for a file en- and decryption solution for your Android smartphone, so check out our new app! Encrypt or decrypt your files and directories. Furthermore, DroidCrypt allows you to view your encrypted files with your usual applications. If you mean password typing has served its time, just switch to our orientation-based alternative.
* Recursive, fast and efficient en-/decryption of entire folders or individual files using AES
* En-/Decryption of files on internal/external SD
* Encrypts images / photos, videos, music, PDFs, documents or any content
* Viewing contents of encrypted files as usual through standard apps, while DroidCrypt mediate between viewer app and encrypted file - the file remains encrypted afterwards, if desired
* Receiving multiple tasks via external file manager or other applications such as Gallery by "Sent-to"
* Resistance against data recovery tools by wipe of unencrypted files
* Identification of relevant encrypted files based on chosen password, so any parent folders can be selected
* Encryption in combination to a compression (optional) in order to save your memory
* Automated securing that encrypted and not encrypted data are never present at once (and vice versa)
* Orientation-based generation of a path as an additional alternative to passwords
* Detailed visualization of encryption and decryption results
* Comprehensive and effective data analysis, especially for detecting non-encrypted files
* Best possible faile-safe encryption and decryption of files: your files are safe even in the case of Android OS crash during the en-/decryption process
* Strong focus on applicability as well as usability
* Minimum requirements regarding Android permissions:
*** Full version: Access to the SD card and permission to check the Android Market License
*** Trial version: Access to the SD card and Internet access for inclusion of advertising contents
* Available languages: English, German
* And much more ...
Free file manager IO File Manager must be installed in order to enable comfortable folder/file selection.
The development of DroidCrypt is based on our own interests to the available functions and was originally started due to the lack of alternatives that would meet our objectives sufficiently.
For these reasons, there was the conception of DroidCrypt based on an application orientation. This includes a higher assurance of the security and does not stop at the minmal permission requirements on Android level.
Already encrypted files can be sent from external applications (e.g. file managers) to DroidCrypt for further distribution to respective applications. In this way, DroidCrypt takes a mediating role by ensuring that respective files remain encrypted.
Alternatively to entering a password it is possible to draw a path within a matrix - either through direct interaction or by rotating the mobile device while holding a button at the same time (if orientation sensor is available). This reduces the risk of spying out the password through observers.
DroidCrypt is available in two versions: DroidCrypt Trial and DroidCrypt. The trial version includes initially all the features offered by the full version. Nevertheless, the trial version differs from the full version as follows:
- Limiting the full functionality after a maximum of 60 days (trial / test period)
- Limiting the full functionality after 30.09.2012
- Display of advertising contents
After the trial period, the functionality is reduced only to the decryption of single files. This ensures that you will always be able to convert your data in an decrypted state.
Are you satisfied? Look out for the full version.
M.Sc. Arik Messerman,
M.Sc. Tarik Mustafic
encryption, decryption, security, confidentiality, data protection, AES, compression, usability, data analysis tool, applicability, privacy