* Manual decrypt / recrypt runs as a background task and displays a progress bar so as not to clutter or freeze the UI thread when dealing with large databases.
* Screen orientation is locked whilst manually decrypting or recrypting so that this important process is not interrupted or terminated prematurely.
* Will check the backup file every 15 minutes. Not all backups occur at 4am because WhatsApp is process and memory aware. Then of course there are manual backups.
* Supports devices which saves the latest backup file in the msgstore-YYY-MM-DD-N format. Most tablets do not save the backup file in the usual format.
* The background service is extremely lightweight and has minimal impact on battery life. It can also be paused so you don't have to remove the app to stop it.
* If you have SMS Backup + installed then Omni-Crypt will send an intent to trigger the backup process. No intent will be sent if it's not installed.
* The background service will publish both an alert and a notification upon each recryption (usually once per day). Please purchase a pro key to disable this.
* Full support for the NEW WhatsApp CRYPT8 encryption format which uses a rolling encryption mechanisim that will update your personal cipher key periodically.
* The app will not decrypt or recrypt CRYPT5 if the gmail linked to your device is not the same gmail that was present when you registered WhatsApp. If the app fails on CRYPT5 then this will be the ONLY reason why. This is not the apps fault so please do not leave a one star rating if you are in the minority of people who experience an issue.
* There are no magic cipher keys for CRYPT6/7/8. The key file is only available to users on rooted devices or users with Android 4.0 or higher (additional setup required). You will therefore REQUIRE a rooted device for CRYPT6/7/8 or Android 4.0+ (see troubleshooting section).
* How do I enable Crypt 6/7/8 on a non-rooted device with Android 4.0 or higher?
* 1.) Visit: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6El0Tw0em-ZaVlPUmlNY2Q2SVU
* 2.) Download Omni-CryptNonRootFix.zip
* 3.) Extract and read the enclosed "ReadMe.txt" file.
* How do I root my device?
* You should visit XDA Developers Forums and lookup your device to find a relevant rooting guide.
* What happens if the background daemon stops working?
* Simply go into Settings > Apps > Omni-Crypt and tap both "Clear data" and "Clear cache". Then open Omni-Crypt again. This will reset the app and clear any potential corruption with the recrypt scheduler.
* What if Omni-Crypt is not triggering SMS Backup+?
* Open Auto backup settings in SMS Backup+ and tick 3rd party integration.
Pro Version Key:
* If you would like to support my app and / or disable the alerts and notifications created by the background service then please browse my other apps for the Omni-Crypt Key. The Play Store link is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnicrypt.key
* Android 2.1+
* Root required for CRYPT6 / CRYPT7 / CRYPT8 or Android 4.0+ (additional setup)
* Omni-Crypt is provided in good faith that is fit for the purposes described above. However, no guarantees of fitness are expressed or implied here. Thank you.
* Omni-Crypt is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by WhatsApp Inc, Facebook or with / by any of their proprietary apps, trademarks, logos or intellectual property.
Mounting doesn't work on some Android 4.2 devices. We're working on a solution.
READ THIS FIRST: This application is UNDER DEVELOPMENT. Intended for EXPERIENCED ANDROID USERS ONLY. While most features don't require root, mounting EncFS volumes requires ROOT and Kernel FUSE support (found in some CyanogenMod ROMs). Downloading from, uploading to and creating EncFS volumes on your Dropbox or on your phone is supported on all devices.
@marius: siehe deutsche Anleitung: https://github.com/neurodroid/cryptonite/wiki/How-To-German
@H: Don't use the rating system as your testing playground. It's highly demotivating.
OFFLINE MODE: To access an encrypted Dropbox volume when you're offline, sync the encrypted volume to a local folder with one of the many apps that provide online storage synchronization (e.g. FolderSync Lite or Dropsync). Then, mount that local volume with Cryptonite. This will only work on rooted phones that support FUSE though.
FEEDBACK: Please send a report if you experience a forced close, and send comments, suggestions, bug reports and patches to: https://github.com/neurodroid/cryptonite/issues
SECURITY: Read up on important security considerations: https://github.com/neurodroid/cryptonite/wiki/Security-Considerations
PERMISSIONS: Internet permission is required to access your Dropbox.
SD card access is required to read and write files.
FAQ: Why can't I decrypt and encrypt files on the fly?
Why can't I mount EncFS volumes on my Samsung/ Motorola / Sony device?
Why can't I access any folder on my Dropbox?
Why do I need root privileges to mount EncFS and TrueCrypt volumes?
MOUNTING ON NON-ROOTED DEVICES: If you want to get non-root support on CyanogenMod, star this issue:
SOURCE CODE: is available from https://github.com/neurodroid/cryptonite
Keywords: Encryption, EncFS, Dropbox, AES, Blowfish
- Fast way to lock huge files (like movies) by hashing just both beginning and ending of file (optional).
- Tracks temporary unlocked files by notification, to keep in mind you left unprotected docs.
- Encodes the content and file names as well.
- Involves the Android Media Scanner automatically after change to make file visible by other applications.
- Smart looking through directories for documents, locked and unlocked files.
- Opens documents directly from app.
- Notifies about forgotten unlocked files, which were left by user.
NOTICE: There is no password recovery procedure, because the password is not stored anywhere. Program checks just kind of password sum control (one way encryption).
Keep in mind that encrypted file name cannot be changed by other programs, because file locker will not able to restore original name and file remains corrupted.
Do you want to report problem, propose a new feature? Send me email, please. thx
This application is accompanied by clients for different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and operating systems that can run Java. Source code of AES Crypt algorithm and client software is available at AES Crypt (http://www.aescrypt.com).
• 256 bit AES encryption format (AES Crypt version 2)
• File encryption and decryption
• Secure erase of original files after encryption or decryption
• Internal file browser for selecting, deleting and renaming files, setting output directory, setting key file
• Send/share functionality (Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox, Gmail, Bluetooth etc.)
• Encrypt your files before putting them in the cloud storage (Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, Dropbox etc.)
• Password can be in Unicode (you can select password like "密碼 パスワード пароль كلمة السر" )
• Password can be up to 100 characters (minimum 6 and recommended at least 12 characters or more)
• Encrypted files have .aes extension which clients on other operating systems recognize
• Select where files will go after encryption/decryption (ie. sync folders)
• Key file support (file which contains password up to 1024 characters in length for encryption/decryption)
Notice: Speed of encryption or decryption depends a lot on speed of internal memory/SD card!
Supported client software (http://www.aescrypt.com/download.html)
• Windows 32&64 bit
• Mac OS
• Cross-platform Java
• Japanese (日本語)
If you want to contribute a new language translation or make existing translation better, please send us email.
Full version of the app is not available due to Google not supporting selling in our county.
Lite version limitations
• Limited to 5MB file size
In this application, the available hash functions are : GOST, MD2, MD4, MD5, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, Tiger and Whirlpool
The encrypt/decrypt functions are: tripleDES and RSA
The calculated hash can be copied to the clipboard to be reused elsewhere.
The first tab enables to calculate the hash of a given string.
The second tab helps you to compute the hash of a file located on the internal or external memory of your device. The size of the file and the last date modified are also displayed.
The third tab helps you to encrypt a file stored on your device, the path of the encrypted file is displayed.
In the last file you can decrypt a file present on your device.
A hash (also called checksum or digest) is a digital fingerprint, uniquely identifying a string or a file.
Hash functions are often used in cryptography to generate strong passwords. They are also employed to check the integrity of files.
Feel free to send feebacks, comments or suggestions about this application.
Tags : crypt decrypt hash hashes message digest algorithm secure cryptographic function checksum verifier MD5 checker md5sum RSA 3DES tripleDES
Crypt encrypts and decrypts all kind of files. If you have any file you want to encrypt, just choose this and encrypt giving it a password. But please remember your password. Once forgotten, the passwort can't be recovered because it is NOT saved anywhere.
Please note that large files while processing let Crypt seem to be frozen. Be patient and let the App finish its work. One of next steps in development is to set long-lasting processes in background and to show notification about that.
Once a file is encrypted, it is still there, at the same place where it has been before encryption, but you won't be able to open or execute it. For decryption choose your file again and after you've entered your password it's ready to use again.
If a file is not encrypted, you can open it out of Crypt. After decryption the decrypted file will be opened out of Crypt.
Next steps being implemented soon:
- improving response behaviour while processing encryption of large files
- implementing some more languages (initially German, Russian and maybe French)
The encryption method used is the AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) also known as Rijndael which is an encryption algorithm approved by the NSA.
The interface has two areas of input/output and two buttons, and a menu accessible by the menu button on your Android device.
A default key is generated during the installation of the application on the device, it is recommended to change, of course, this key if you do not want a SMS is decrypted by someone who is not the recipient expected !
The key change is done via the "Settings" menu button.
Enter a key too long or too short, just a couple of 15 characters. Some characters are inconsistent and accented letters. A message will tell you if incompatible characters are detected.
Once the entry key, think forward to your or your correspondent (s) if you want it (s) understand (s) the meaning of your encrypted SMS!
Easily encrypt text with 256-bit AES. Share the password used for encrypting with your friends through a secure channel, and use the password to decrypt the messages again.
xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2704486
Secrecy helps you encrypts and hides your important private files. We only have one mission statement: delivering privacy at the touch.
(This is still alpha stage, but stable and needs your testing! :) )
- Elegant and clean Android L look
- ENCRYPTS every file with AES256
- hides all file types
- Leaves no trace of any temporary files in the system
- Custom hidden vault location
- Import from other apps, Batch import.
Internet permission is for a software analytics app called "crashlytics". We do not ever send any hidden files or personal information elsewhere.
Incoming call permission is for stealth mode: User dials a number to launch the app.
If you still have concerns, feel free to send us an email. We will be more than happy to explain.
I am starting this project since I have tried a number of Apps for encrypted hidden file storage, while not finding one that best suits my expectations:
- some do not encrypt videos securely and just stores the un-encrypted file
- most only support hiding pictures and videos. I occasionally want to encrypt word documents but can't find a way.
- some produced by major software companies are simply bloated and litters temp files everywhere... That's just as insecure as not using them.
I am aiming to produce an all-rounded one that maximizes security but still ensuring easy hiding and quick encryption time.
Quick Crypt can make hundreds of large files (like images and videos) unaccessible within a few seconds. It can do this by encrypting the beginning of the file. For most file types the first part of the file contain vital information on what kind of file it is and how to read the rest of the file. By making this part unaccessible the file will become useless for everyone except top security experts like NSA. If this level of security is enough for you and you have a large set of huge files that you want to keep safe, this app is perfect for you.
It can handle direct input or from various sources like email, text messaging, books or websites. In reverse, it can share the results over these channels after the chosen method of conversion was applied.
Coding: Passwordgen, Backwards, Base 64 Encode, Caesar Bruteforce, l33t 5p34k, Pig Latin, ROT-13
Conversion: Binary to ASCII, ASCII to Hex, Hex to ASCII, Binary to Hex, Hex to Binary, Dec to Hex, Hex to Dec
Encryption: Tripple DES, Blowfish, CAST 128, CAST 256, GOST, Rijndael 128, Rijndael 192, Rijndael 256, SERPENT, RC2, XTEA, DES, Twofish (ecb & cbc mode)
Hashing: DES Crypt, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD 128, RIPEMD 160, RIPEMD 256, RIPEMD 320, Tiger2, Whirlpool, GOST, CRC32B
Time: Unix Timestamp to RFC 2822, Unix Timestamp to ISO 8601, Time (HH:MM:SS) to Internet Time, HH:MM:SS|MM-DD-YYYY to Unix Timestamp, Unix Timestamp to HH:MM:SS|MM-DD-YYYY
TrueCrypt(R) container files are supported.
* Supports AES, Serpent, Twofish encryption algorithms.
* SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Whirlpool hash algorithms.
* Encrypt/decrypt any kind of file.
* TrueCrypt(R) compatible container files.
* All the standard file operations supported.
* You can use share (send to) functions to encrypt photos from gallery or videos from media player, etc.
* Open source
If you want to use your TrueCrypt container in Eds you should use the following settings when creating the container.
Encryption algorithm: AES or Serpent or Twofish
Hash algorithm: SHA-512 or RIPEMD-160 or Whirlpool
File system: FAT
Please, send your suggestions, feature requests and error reports to email@example.com .
* Support Emoji characters in text format and can be displayed in Emoji supported OS (Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or later)
* Export your chat messages and Emoji icons can be displayed in the HTML format
* Export and send to your email as attachment directly
* Filter by chat
* Filter by date
* Filter by message type
* Sorting messages
* Export to Normal plain text (*.txt)
* Export to CSV, comma-separated values (*.csv)
* Export to Excel 2007/2010 workbook (*.xlsx)
* Export to HTML conversation (*.html)
* Export to HTML table (*.html)
* Selectable date and time format
* Support Unicode UTF-8 encoding with/without BOM
* Support Windows, Unix, Mac plain text new line format
★ Our Facebook page has some Sample Output screenshots
♥ Backup Text for WhatsApp and SMS to Text share same file format. Using our app SMS to Text, those export WhatsApp messages can be restored to your phone as SMS
Backup Text for WhatsApp export your chat messages, based on your WhatsApp chat history backup. Please follow the steps below, to make the up-to-date chat history backup:
1. Open your WhatsApp
2. Press the Menu button
3. Click "Settings"
4. Click "Chat preferences"
5. Click "Chat history backup"
♥ If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please contact us at:
WhatsApp is a trademark of WhatsApp, Inc.
The encrypted data can then be sent via e-mail, WhatsApp or SMS or can be stored in your DropBox. The possibilities vary depending on your installed apps.
Crypdroid allows you to not only exchange encrypted texts and files between different Android devices but also to securely communicate with a PC. This is enabled through the free open-source software CrypTool 2. Texts can be encrypted and decrypted between Crypdroid and the Cryptool 2 tool "encrypt with password".
Your data is encrypted with the cryptographic algorithm AES-256. The session key that is used for encryption is derived from your password via the PKCS#5 standard. These algorithms provide a good balance between security and performance.
Do you have an idea on how to improve Crypdroid or do you want to lend a hand in the further development of Crypdroid? Or do you want to be sure that Crypdroid does securely protect your personal data?
Since Crypdroid is open source you can do all that. The source code is published on github.com
Because the decryption keys is located in the private data directory of whatsapp /data/data/com.whatsapp/files/. Root is needed to read the key file to decrypt the databases.
Cannot see bigger images because only thumbnails are stored.
A master password is both used to access the application and to encrypt the encryption keys, that are generated random for each file, that is managed by Encryption Manager. Confidential files are accessible directly after the login. With one click on the file, the file is decrypted to its original location and can be shown by the installed viewer or editor apps. When you are finished working with the decrypted copy, the file is re-encrypted with one click and the decrypted file is wiped from the SD card. This wipe process will overwrite the data with random bytes before the file is deleted. So even if the device is lost or stolen, it is not possible to access your confidential data.
Encrypting new files is very simple: they can be chosen either with the built-in file manager or by simply using "send/share" from another app.
* Access based on master pin or master text password.
* Encrypts all kind of files.
* Possibility to encrypt all files of a folder.
* Provides a special handling for images, e.g. removal/creation of gallery thumbnail images.
* Base functionality of a file manager (view on click, send/share menu), but with automatic decryption before the action.
* Offers AES and Twofish encryption with 128 and 256 bit keys.
* Displays icons to indicate whether a file is currently decrypted or was changed.
* User setting for automatic re-encryption on exit.
* Secure overwrite of the orginal file after the encryption.
* An additional anti file recovery tool is included.
* Two layout modes: flat list view or hierarchical folder view.
* Filters can be defined to filter SD card files by file extensions or to excluded folders.
* The master password can be changed for an existing database.
* Provides a comfortable backup mechanism for using cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, ...) to save the encrypted files
* The app can be configured to delete all managed files after 7 unsuccessful attempts.
* Has an "Exit" menu on all screens, that finishes the task completely.
* App is locked (master password must be re-entered), when there is no user input for configurable period.
* Includes english help pages.
* The "lite" version is limited to 5 encrypted files!
* The full version has no limitations.
Keywords: file encryption, data encryption, file manager, crypto, SD card, encryption algorithm, AES, Twofish, backup
DroidCrypt - an intelligent and application-oriented file encryption tool.
If you are looking for a file en- and decryption solution for your Android smartphone, so check out our new app! Encrypt or decrypt your files and directories. Furthermore, DroidCrypt allows you to view your encrypted files with your usual applications. If you mean password typing has served its time, just switch to our orientation-based alternative.
* Recursive, fast and efficient en-/decryption of entire folders or individual files using AES
* En-/Decryption of files on internal/external SD
* Encrypts images / photos, videos, music, PDFs, documents or any content
* Viewing contents of encrypted files as usual through standard apps, while DroidCrypt mediate between viewer app and encrypted file - the file remains encrypted afterwards, if desired
* Receiving multiple tasks via external file manager or other applications such as Gallery by "Sent-to"
* Resistance against data recovery tools by wipe of unencrypted files
* Identification of relevant encrypted files based on chosen password, so any parent folders can be selected
* Encryption in combination to a compression (optional) in order to save your memory
* Automated securing that encrypted and not encrypted data are never present at once (and vice versa)
* Orientation-based generation of a path as an additional alternative to passwords
* Detailed visualization of encryption and decryption results
* Comprehensive and effective data analysis, especially for detecting non-encrypted files
* Best possible faile-safe encryption and decryption of files: your files are safe even in the case of Android OS crash during the en-/decryption process
* Minimum requirements regarding Android permissions:
*** Full version: Access to the SD card and permission to check the Android Market License
*** Trial version: Access to the SD card and Internet access for inclusion of advertising contents
* Available languages: English, German
* And much more ...
Free file manager IO File Manager must be installed in order to enable comfortable folder/file selection.
For these reasons, there was the conception of DroidCrypt based on an application orientation. This includes a higher assurance of the security and does not stop at the minmal permission requirements on Android level.
Already encrypted files can be sent from external applications (e.g. file managers) to DroidCrypt for further distribution to respective applications. In this way, DroidCrypt takes a mediating role by ensuring that respective files remain encrypted.
Alternatively to entering a password it is possible to draw a path within a matrix - either through direct interaction or by rotating the mobile device while holding a button at the same time (if orientation sensor is available). This reduces the risk of spying out the password through observers.
DroidCrypt is available in two versions: DroidCrypt Trial and DroidCrypt. The trial version includes initially all the features offered by the full version. Nevertheless, the trial version differs from the full version as follows:
- Limiting the full functionality after a maximum of 60 days (trial / test period)
- Limiting the full functionality after 30.09.2012
- Display of advertising contents
After the trial period, the functionality is reduced only to the decryption of single files. This ensures that you will always be able to convert your data in an decrypted state.
Are you satisfied? Look out for the full version.
M.Sc. Arik Messerman,
M.Sc. Tarik Mustafic
encryption, decryption, security, confidentiality, data protection, AES, compression, usability, data analysis tool, applicability, privacy