Panoramic Walk allows you to capture pictures as you walk from the Panoramio service. Every 100m it retrieves your coordinates through GPS and connects to Panoramio to download a picture, hence, at the end of your walk you have a gallery of pictures to browse and share; it shows you impressions of the places you have been.
- uses animations on main screen
- starts/stops tracking of your location by shaking your device
- utilizes the best possible location provider at that current time (GPS / 3G / WiFi)
- all connections to the Internet and file system operations happen asynchronously
- uses a Viewpager to flip left and right through the picture gallery
- able to share every downloaded picture through your device's apps
Has someone ate your cake in the office? Left dirty dishes in the kitchen? Used all the photocopy paper? It's time to punish them for their "crimes". This app allows you to capture awkward moments in the office and record them as crimes.
- a two-pane layout is used, known as Master-Detail interface
- the app provides UI flexibility with the usage of fragments for building every screen
- saving and loading data from the filesystem in the JSON format
- usage of the action bar and contextual menus, app icon is used as back button
- the singleton design pattern is used to keep crime data always available
- uses the SurfaceView for utilizing the device camera