Have you ever stood in front of an ATM having a hard time to remember your PIN? Do you know the feeling of panic after having entered the wrong PIN of your rarely used credit card for the second time, while in a foreign country far away from home? Then Skrytka is the right app for you! With Skrytka, issues like that are of the past.
"Skrytka" is a Polish word meaning "hideout". This app has only one purpose: to safely store your data and to display them to you safely when required. While using cutting-edge encryption technology, Skrytka is very simple to use. It is a straight-forward no-nonsense app with only four working screens: data entry, data display, data modification, data delete.
During the installation, you grant Skrytka no rights. With the external world, the app communicates only through the screen and the keyboard. In this way, your data is always fully protected by the Android security mechanisms. And Skrytka gives you as much capacity to safely store your data as your phone has free bits on its drive.
The extensive security features of Skrytka:
* 256-bit AES encryption of data and credentials (AES "Advanced Encryption Standard"). Your Skrytka credentials are kept in the system only as a so-called "digest" and can not be deciphered.
* Secure display: by default, Skrytka hides your data. Only the first and last character of each item are shown open. To see the unprotected entry in full length, touch the corresponding field. The plain text is displayed as long as you touch the field. It is also possible to show all entries on the page in plain text, but this option has be actively chosen.
* Automatic deletion of data (credentials and data) after 5, 10, 15 or 20 consecutive invalid login attempts.
* After three consecutive login failures, there is a waiting period, which begins at two minutes and is then successively doubled up to one day.
* The above two options can be turned off. It is strongly recommended to have at least one of them switched on. * Another option is the protection against screenshots. This option should only be switched off if you want to take a screenshot for e. g. data backup.
* After a lock screen Skrytka must be restarted. We believe that the security of your data is worth the minor inconvenience.
*Also the "Home"- and the "Recent Apps"-buttons stop Skrytka. As a result, your data is always safe because it is not possible to view them without re-login (it applies also to Android 5.0).
* In the event that no lock screen is on, Skrytka also has a timeout that closes the app after 30 minutes. Otherwise, this option should be off.
This software is is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. The entire risk arising out of use of the Skrytka remains with you. By purchasing and downloading this software you agree to be bounded by the terms of this agreement.
New, completely reworked version with new, user-friendly layouts for smartphones and tablets, as well as with doubled storage capacity. Back up your personal data on your device instead of in the cloud!