Since updating to Android Oreo 8.0 (Nexus 5x), this app has issues. It will not remember where I left off listening when I close the app or swipe it away from my notifications bar. Basically you have to let it stay in your notifications bar or try to remember how many minutes in you were. Also the HTML export function for saving/transferring your feeds only seems to export OMPL. This app was 5 stars before Oreo, but it's clearly not compatible yet.
All of my podcasts and subscriptions disappeared yesterday morning. Also have no play buttons and what not on my notifications screen. Disappeared a few updates ago. Bit of a pain. When I unplug it stops playing and I can plug in again the next day and it starts just where I left off (a few seconds earlier so I can pick it straight up again). I can filter by download or unheard. Finding new podcasts by url or searching the itunes store makes discovering new podcasts easy. I would like if I could group similar podcasts together or a "people who downloaded this also downloaded..." feature, but this isn't essential. Would definitely recommend to friends.
I love 90% about this app, but it's the remaining 10% that makes it unusable for my purposes. Podcasts lose their place frequently when I return after a break to continue listening, and I have to constantly find where I left off. Even worse, it will randomly start playing when the phone isn't even being used or interacted with.
Works without any problem so far. Open source always a plus. As my browser kept misplacing downloaded podcasts somewhere in the file system AntennaPod solved that problem for me. Thank you.
For a long time this has been my podcast player of choice. Great functionality in a nicely packaged app. However, since moving to Oreo the app is misbehaving and keeps on playing randomly even when it has been dismissed. Shame, because it's becoming too annoying to use and I'll have to uninstall it.
This app used to be perfect, but I've experienced recent problems with unwanted playback starts and lost playback position after pausing. This poses a major problem with the long format podcasts I prefer, as I almost always have to manually find where I left off after a break. Will switch to some other app as soon as I can find one as good as this used to be.
Couple more bug fixes
Free Podcast Radio App - Education/News/Music/Comedy/Kids/NPR/Bill O'Reilly
🏅The best podcast app: listen to great podcasts and publish podcasts on-the-go
CastBox gives you instant access to millions of podcasts from around the globe.