Recommended by "Sound and Vision" magazine.
Features 1/1, 1/3 & 1/6 octave RTA modes, Leq (wideband, Octave, variable duration), RT60 (wideband, Octave), Spectrogram, Peak frequency, Fast, Medium & Slow filters, Flat & A/C Weighting and film industry X Curve, Averaging, SPL Chart Recorder, Noise Criteria, White/Pink Noise, Sine, Square, Triangle, Sweep, Ramp and Impulse signals & loudspeaker polarity checker, L/R select. RTA Store & Load, Hann windows, "Keep Screen On", pinch to zoom, scroll to center.
Exclusive ISO 1/3 Octave Calibration - correct for your phone's microphone response. Octave calibration discs are moved up or down to obtain a flat response, and match the overall SPL to that of an external meter. Save/Restore of Cal files (Dayton Audio iMM-6 also supported).
Use: home theater, audio engineer, car audio, etc
AudioTool FFTs sets of samples recorded at the microphone. Aliasing reduced by Hann windowing. SPL calculated in realtime. Spectra may be saved as files on the SD card, then loaded and displayed with the live spectrum. The "Store" button stores the current live spectrum - "Load" shows a list of stored spectra to select.
To hide the buttons, tap the screen. To restore them, tap again. To zoom the scale, pinch the screen. To move the scale, drag it up or down (left or right).
The deciBel meter uses IIR filters and exponential averaging to calculate Flat, A and C weighted response at speeds of Fast, Medium and Slow speeds.
A pair of cursors can be shown on the RTA and Chart Recorder displays: each can be moved to any position, and will display the SPL & time/frequency values there. Initially, both cursors are positioned mid-screen - simply drag them to a new position with the fingertip. The cursors can be turned on and off in the Menu.
The loudspeaker polarity checker can be used to check whether a loudspeaker is wired in phase: connect the AudioTool output to the speaker under test, select "Polarity" from the signal generator screen, then return to the RTA screen. If the speaker is out of phase (polarity reversed) AudioTool will show "Pol ---", otherwise "Pol +++" if the speaker is in phase.
The Noise Criteria (available from the Menu) function shows a set of NC contours overlaid on the 1/1 Octave RTA display and the calculated real time current NC value is also shown.
The Chart Recorder shows a moving trace of the SPL measurements over the last few minutes.
RT60 measurements can be made by starting the RT60 component using the "RT60" button, and then using a loud clap (or similar) to trigger the measurement. RT60 can also be used with Pink Noise from the AudioTool generator. RT60 times measure how much reverberation or echo there is in a room or auditorium.
The Signal Generator generates White and Pink Noise, Sine, Square, Triangle and Ramp waves, Sine Wave Sweeps and Impulses. The generator uses multiple cycled buffers, refreshed randomly so ensuring truly random White/Pink noise. Pink Noise algorithm uses Kemmet's method to adjust White into Pink.
The frequency accuracy of the generated periodic signals is typically around 1%. Sine wave fidelity is good throughout most of the audio range. Other signals' leading and trailing edges show ringing and decreasing frequency response artifacts in the upper ranges, depending on the Android used.
Please consult the online manual for complete descriptions of the AudioTool features:
Please join the friendly AudioTool Discussion Group to request features, find Calibration files, or report problems. Feedback is always welcome:
Disclaimer: AudioTool's performance depends on your Android hardware, and is not guaranteed to meet any audio measurement or safety standards.
(If you need a more fully featured RTA, with 1/1, 1/3 and 1/6 octave display, RT60, Noise Criteria, A&C Weighting etc. combined with a signal generator, please take a look at my "AudioTool" app in Android Market.)
The best Drum Machine for Android™
■ Studio quality sound
■ 11 popular drum kits
■ 8 drum pads
■ 6 sound effects
■ pad pressure
■ pad aftertouch
■ integrated sampler
■ integrated sequencer
■ integrated mixer
■ integrated recorder
■ sensor pitch bend
■ sensor volume change
■ drum machine editor
■ samples recording
■ samples load & save
■ tracks load & save
■ machines load & save
■ MIDI load & save
■ MIDI over WiFi
■ MIDI velocity
■ MIDI aftertouch
■ MIDI volume control
■ MIDI pitch bend
■ 12 sounds polyphony
■ 17 machine skins
■ 21 pad styles
■ 18 text styles
■ 7 pad fonts
■ 8 window themes
■ window animations
■ custom pad text
■ tablet support
■ multi window support
■ pen window support
■ fullscreen on 4.4+
Use it for songwriting experiments, to create backing tracks for practicing solos, or just for fun. Easily create arrangements and mixes by selecting from hundreds of piano, guitar, synth, bass and drum tracks.
This is the full version of Chordbot with all features enabled. There is also a free evaluation version (Chordbot Lite) with disabled save/export features that you could/should try before buying the paid version.
* 60+ chord types
Including classics like AugAdd2 and Min7(#11), in all inversions.
* 70+ comping style presets
Simple but usable arrangements that won't get in your way.
* 400+ instrument tracks
Individually mixable dynamic instrument tracks that can be combined to form unique comping styles.
* Inversion control / slash chords
Manually select chord inversions, or let Chordbot select the smoothest inversion automatically.
* Song sections
Songs can be structured into repeatable sections (verse, chorus, etc). Each section can have its own comping style/arrangement.
* MIDI/WAV export and background playback
Refine your compositions in a DAW/MIDI sequencer or play along with a virtual instrument
Automatic song generator with pop, jazz and experimental profiles.
See chordbot.com for more information and audio demos.
Please report all bugs to:
Questions or problems? Please Email me!
If you need a combined Signal Generator and Spectrum Analyzer with dB SPL, Leq, Spectrogram, and RT60, check out the Android "AudioTool" app.
• Sampler device. Record or import from your music library, sdcard, dropbox, etc.
• Recorder: import recordings from your music library or other installed music-apps.
• 150 extra synth instruments
• 40 extra drumsets
• 100 MB of recording space
• Up to 32 loops by song
• Up to 16 channels by loop
Build high quality tracks as a sequence of loops, mixing synths, drums, samplers, audio recordings, analog modulators and arpeggiators. Apply Fx to channels and export to mp3 or ringtones. Also publish, play, remix and collaborate in our community.
Cloud-based technology: performs the audio rendering process in a remote service.
REQUIRES A GOOD DATA CONNECTION
• Your Google accounts: Suggests your current gmail account in the registration form. We don't use this address unless you confirm it.
• Network communication: Upload and download sounds from our servers.
• Storage: Write files to SD card, that way we avoid exhausting internal memory.
• Hardware controls: record audio. Uses the mic with the recorder device. control vibrator used by the metronome while recording audio.
• Phone calls: read phone state and identity. We store a hash of your phone internal ID to prevent creating several accounts from the same device. Also we save the brand and model of your phone for debugging. No personal information is stored except username, password and email.
• System tools modify global system settings: change system ringtone and alarm. prevent phone from sleeping: some tablets (for example archos5) required this to start.
Try Electrum now, with Google's two hour refund window!
● WAV file import - Load YOUR OWN SAMPLES from SDCARD. Long press a sound button to bring up the sample loading dialog. Also get more sound PAKS from Google Play, most are free, look for "Electrum Pak"
● Preview (audition) samples LIVE while the machine is playing, they will mix right into the beat. (Live audition). NO OTHER APP ON THE MARKET DOES THIS!
● Record VOCALS, freestyle rap along with the beat, or record an instrument (guitar, etc) - using the VOCAL/INSTRUMENT track feature!
● Use LOOPS as well as one shot samples
● Ringtone , WAV, MIDI, and Pad bounce export - load your song into FruityLoops or other DAW on your PC and keep working
● Load up to 16 samples.
● 16 Mute groups available, for more realistic drums
● Load MIDI drum files for quicker programming. Electrum comes with an assortment of pre-made MIDI files.
● Set samples or loops to retrigger on programmed slots or to play completely through before triggering the sample again
● Save your own custom drumkit settings
● RECORD samples to PADS with the microphone.
● Stretch loops to fit the current project BPM.
● Edit a sample's start and end point, pitch and pan Left/Right.
● Use other time signatures such as 3/4, 6/8, etc.
● Add some swing to your beats with the SHUFFLE setting.
● Add FX to your samples:
- Stereo Spread
● Play Electrum with an external USB MIDI controller
USB MIDI Control has been tested on:
Galaxy Nexus phone
Galaxy Tablet 10.1
● Plug a USB computer keyboard into your phone with an OTG USB cable and you can start/stop Electrum's pattern sequencer using space bar!
● Sharing - install the Soundcloud app from the market and you can share beats right to soundcloud (see Electrum's Menu->More->Share Exported)
Also check out my ReLoop music sequencer, which allows you to sequence loops just like Garageband or Sony's ACID.
PHONE STATE/IDENTITY - used to stop playing if a phone call comes in. IDENTITY is NOT used for anything and it not read at all.
SDCARD WRITE/READ - used to read sound files, and to save settings, patches, and drummkits
showing the spectrum of the audio signal near the phone.
You can see the visualization of your voice or music. Additionally it will display frequency of the loudest signal.
Can be used to test your instruments, check your football whistle frequency, and
even tune your piano, guitar or other string instrument."
Features real-time smooth high framerate spectrum diagram! Frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz!
Scale is logaritmic, what is best for human perception.
Software is using FFT internally.
This application is using advertisement, but it will not create icon or bookmarks on the desktop. We are also not using any push advertisement.
Touch and move your finger to set bits on and off. Control your music flow. Enjoy it.
Optimized for Intel x86 mobile devices.
Ispired by Tonematrix web application (tonematrix.audiotool.com) and The Matrix franchise.
Analyse captured audio from microphone in three separate panels:
- Osciloscope (time domain),
- Spectrum (instantaneous frequency domain),
- Spectrogram (accumulative frequency domain).
You can display all panels at once (default screen). If you want to see each panel at full-screen, you can simply click on panel and it will be shown full-screen with additional settings that can be changed by pressing buttons. Display can also be paused to take screenshots.
In Spectrum panel values of one or five leading frequencies can also be displayed. Linear or Logarithmic magnitude scale can be chosen. For better peak frequency estimation, special algorithm is applied.
Please share your experience with us. We will do our best to make this application better.
The internet permissions are used for ads only.
Since v.1.0.7, you can choose FFT window size either 1024 or 2048. A higher window size gives more accurate frequencies but using a small window size is faster and recommended on low spec phone. You can choose two histogram plotting styles (area plot or bar graph) and see dominant frequency from the graph.
Hope you enjoy !
Keywords: spectrum analyzer, frequency analyzer, sound oscilloscope, Fourier transform
ProSpec - Lite is a basic Real time spectrum analysis tool. It generates a spectrogram on the fly and supports 8kHz and 44.1kHz sampling frequencies.
You can record, playback, save and share the spectrogram for a given time frame. It provides a maximum frequency tracking facility with measurements both in dBFS, (SPL in paid version only).
Other features include:
- Time scale in seconds
- Update speed
- Dynamic range control
- Complete color customisation
- RGB option
- For audio engineers, an invert feature for live events in dark rooms
- Audio tool, allowing you to share, save and listen to the complete audio that has been recorded
- Saving, sharing and exporting the configuration (i.e. analysis settings: window size, dynamic range, FFT length and analysis window)
NOTE: If you are not satisfied or find any issues with ProSpec, please tell me in the discussion group before leaving negative feedback, I may be able to resolve your issue in an update and your input will be invaluable to ProSpec's evolution. Thanks!
home theatre, audio engineer, car audio, linguistics, speech pathology, electronic engineer, tech savvy musicians, engineering and audiologist students
- FFT size fixed to 1024 for 8kHz and 512 for 44.1kHz
- Uses a moving window to calculate the FFT Magnitude spectrum
- Uses Hamming analysis window
- Frame Length fixed to 32ms
- Frame shift fixed to 14ms
- Dynamic range: -1dB to -90dB
- Bandwidth available: 50Hz - 22.05kHz
- Selectable update time from (10-40s)(also depends on frame length)
- JET RGB color scheme (and many many many others)
- Free version has watermarked images when saving or sharing
WORD FROM THE DEVELOPER:
I developed this tool to use personally and I believe it has some use to others in the community. ProSpec also has some major advantages over other real-time spectrogram apps available for free. e.g. time scale (x-axis labels), saving settings and sharing the audio and images, and maximum frequency tracking. These are all features I wanted a single tool to have, unfortunately all others seemed to fall short, hence ProSpec has been developed to accommodate my needs, and hopefully yours.
Tested Devices (Better suited for dual core devices):
Motorola Xoom with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Quad core, AU release) with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Sony Xperia with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Motorola Atrix 2 with Android 2.3.6 (Good, must have sdcard installed)
HTC Desire HD with Android 2.3.5 (A bit slow)
Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4 (Good)
HTC Incredible S with Android 2.3.5 (A bit slow)
BUGS AND REPORTS:
Apologies for incompatibilities on devices other than the ones listed above, I have limited resources and don't have access to the thousands of phones and tablets out there. If you find any bugs or issues please take the time to e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include what you were doing at the time the bug occurred.
Like image was synthesised from accumulating sine waves into an audio file.
Reverb time is perfect for sound technicians, sound engineers and musicians who want to calculate the reverberation time using a fast and accurate algorithm.
All you need to calculate the reverb time is:
- Reverb Time Meter installed in your device.
- Generate a short impulsive sound such as hard slap.
With this application you can not only calculate the reverberation time (RT60) of the room, but can also see graphically how the sound energy is extinguished.
To ensure a good reverb time measurement, generate a high intensity sound and let the reverb sound for 2 or 3 seconds.
Reverb time meter app allow you:
- See the energy evolution.
- See the section used for analysis.
- Clipping indicator in the measure (it is advisable to go away from the microphone).
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) indicator (it is advisable to generate a hig intensity test noise).
This is an audio analyzer.
You can see the power, the waveform, and the spectrum of the sound in real-time with this application.
The sound is analyzed with FFT and the data is smoothly updated.
There is a pro version without advertisement.
RECORD_AUDIO: to use MIC.
INTERNET: for advertisement. (This permission is not required in pro version.)
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for advertisement. (This permission is not required in pro version.)
With this app you can check the "polarity" of a speaker, whether it first moves forwards or backwards (often mistakenly named "phase", which is also time and frequency related).
A loudspeaker should have the same polarity as it's "friend on the other side" when measured at the same position/distance. This also counts for multiple speakers which should be doing the same (a cluster of multiple subwoofers for instance).
- Red is NOT bad!! A lot of filter-designs that drive loudspeakers have out of polarity components (so for instance the high frequency speaker CAN be opposite polarity to the low frequency speaker).
- Try to measure as close to the speaker as possible (and away from bass-ports).
- dBFS means "Decibels relative to full scale". So 0dBFS is the maximum soundpressure your device is capable of handling without distorting (clipping).
- Using a different pulse signal CAN give opposite readings, due to loudspeaker filter designs. Use the same pulse when comparing!
Polarity Checker can be useful for testing almost all sound sources. Like large scale concert PA systems, home theater systems, studio monitors, car audio en even headphones..
For playing the pulse signal you have 3 options:
- Use a wire to connect your phone/tablet to the Sound System.
- Use 2 phones/tablets (one wired for pulse generation and one without wires for measuring).
- Copy the pulse files (which can be found in sd-card/PolarityChecker) to a playback medium (cd/iPod) that is able to repeat single tracks.
- When the polarity-reverse button "Ø" is pressed (red), the pulse generator plays a negative pulse. So the measurement should give opposite readings! (equal to playing an INVERTED_pulseXXXX.mp3 file)
- Avoid CLIPPING the microphone, this could corrupt the measurement.
- Adjust the threshold, so the checker doesn't get triggered by background noise.
- Try to measure one speaker at a time. If possible mute all other sound sources.
When measuring "passive filtered" speaker cabinets (for instance when you've got one amplifier driving your low and high speaker at the same time), it can be useful to select a frequency dependent pulse to isolate the speaker you want to measure.
If you like this app, please comment and rate. If you've got any questions, bugs or feature requests, please visit the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PolarityChecker
- RECORD_AUDIO: To use the mic input of the device
- STORAGE: Needed to copy the pulse files to the sdcard
- FULL INTERNET ACCESS: Needed for Ads (not used when donation key is purchased)
- VIEW NETWORK STATE: Needed for Ads (not used when donation key is purchased)
Search tags: popper, pop, plopper, sine, inwards, outwards, cancellation, stereo, positive, negative, reverse