Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse hundreds of tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Also download: PocketGuide App to gain access to 150+ cities globally.
Features of the Beijing Travel Guide by Triposo:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for nearby destinations
* An offline map
About our guides
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Mandarin Phrasebook | Cantonese Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Respect | Cope | Stay healthy | Stay Safe | Driving in China | Units Conversion
1. General: History | Politics | Economy | Demographics | Climate
2. Maps: Central Beijing | Districts | Forbidden City | Subway | Fortifications | Great Wall | China
3. Transport: Get in | Get around | Roads | Railway | Subway
4. By Area: Geography | Districts | Streets & Squares | Get out
5. Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | Do | Buy | Museums | Buildings & Structures | Parks & Gardens | Forbidden City | Great Wall
6. Culture: Architecture | Music Venues | Education
7. China: Do & See | Buy | Contact
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
Party in Beijing is tailor-made for expats looking to discover festivals, parties, events, clubs, and bars in the capital. And it’s packed with a few extra perks we know you’d love.
You’ll find exclusive promotions, a Chinese voice to guide your driver to the venues.
You'll be also able to buy tickets with free delivery at your door!
Never live another dull weekend.
Complete features include:
· List of curated events in Beijing
· List of the top clubs and venues in town
· Exclusive promotions and specials deals
· Free delivery of the tickets at your door!
· A cute voice that helps guide your taxi driver in Mandarin to venues
Plan and have the perfect trip! Book your hotel and enjoy restaurant reviews and shared user content.
Here is why 13+million travelers love Ulmon Offline & City Guides:
Didn’t you always want to have an easily portable and compact travel assistant that allows planning your trips to foreign countries and cities upfront? So turn your smartphone or tablet into a digital Beijing City Guide and planner leading you through YOUR choices of restaurants, hotels and which attractions to visit. Enjoy recommendations and reviews of other enthusiastic travelers and tourists. Always keep your orientation and find the direction to the next place; completely without roaming and offline.
With this Beijing offline map and city guide you enjoy a wide variety of advantages:
Simply download and try this Beijing city guide for free. There is absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
Never get lost and keep your orientation. See your location on the Beijing offline map, even without an internet connection. Find streets, attractions, restaurants, hotels, local nightlife and other POIs – and get guided in the walking direction of places you want to see.
IN-DEPTH TRAVEL CONTENT
Have all the information offline and freely portable. For each destination, access comprehensive and up-to-date information covering thousands of places, attractions, points of interest and many hotel booking options within this Beijing travel guide.
SEARCH AND DISCOVER
Find the best restaurants, shops, attractions, hotels, bars, etc. Search by name, browse by category or discover nearby places using your device’s GPS – even offline and without data roaming.
GET TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Find tips and recommendations from locals and tourists. Browse offline in this Beijing guide for the most popular attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, nightlife places, etc.
PLAN TRIPS AND CUSTOMIZE MAPS
Create lists of places you want to visit. Pin existing places, like your hotel or a recommended restaurant, to the map. Add your own pins to the map. Find and book hotels from within this Beijing city guide.
The Beijing Offline Map and the Beijing CIty Guide content are fully downloaded and stored on your device. All features, such as address searches and your GPS location also work offline and without data roaming (an internet connection is of course required for initial downloading of data or booking hotels).
Map data and POI are provided by OpenStreetMap and are regularly updated by us. To check the level of detail, go to www.openstreetmap.org. The same applies to Wikipedia travel articles.
DETAILED CITY COVERAGE
Beijing, the capital of China has many interesting places for sightseeing such as the Great Wall or the Forbidden City. Using this tourist guide and its Wikipedia articles you will not miss a single one!
Ulmon, the makers of this guide app, are a small team of enthusiastic travel freaks in Vienna, Austria. We aim to assist tourists around the world with a portable planner, assistant and trip companion for their vacations and explorations.
Enjoy your travels. Your Ulmon team! :-)
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (11 sights)
* Xicheng District (9 sights)
* Beijing's Temples (8 sights)
* Places of Worship (6 sights)
* Olympic Park (7 sights)
* Modern Architecture (8 sights)
* Shopping in Downtown Area (6 sights)
* Shopping in North Beijing (7 sights)
* Popular Markets in Beijing (7 sights)
* Chaoyang District (6 sights)
* Shopping - Chaoyang Park (7 sights)
* Sanlitun’s Nightclubs (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
This is the mappa map for Beijing (北京 Běijīng) the capital of the most populous country in the world, the People's Republic of China, and also its second largest city after Shanghai.
The city is well known for its flatness and regular construction. There are only three hills to be found in the city limits (in Jingshan Park to the north of the famous Forbidden City). Like the configuration of the Forbidden City, Beijing has concentric "ring roads", which are actually rectangular, that go around the metropolis. The four central districts are located within or just beyond Ring Road Two. This is the location of the old walled city of Beijing and is where you will find most of the sights and also a good deal of sleeping, eating and drinking and entertainment options. The districts are:
Xicheng District (西城区; Xīchéngqū) - includes Beihai Park, the Houhai area, Beijing Zoo and National Concert Hall.
Dongcheng District (东城区; Dōngchéngqū) - includes the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Beijing Central Station.
Xuanwu District (宣武区; Xuānwǔqū)
Chongwen District (崇文区; Chóngwénqū) - includes the Temple of Heaven.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Beijing, China:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Beijing now!
Follow us @
What do users say about the app?
"Best Application in the Store!"
"I do not know how I survived here without this."
“...in a city where none of the taxi drivers speak English, this app is essential...”
Want to try it out? Check out the video demo on YouTube at http://bit.ly.com/HoodHotTaxiGuide
✓ Taxi Cards: Just hold up your phone - the big, bold addresses in Chinese tell the driver exactly where you want to go. No more charades and no more getting lost!
✓ Local Suggestions: We added local suggestions from some of our coolest friends (DJ Wordy, China's 3-Time DMC Champion, local students, bar owners, and expats) - its easy to browse their knowledge with the Taxi Guide.
✓ Search: Want to find a specific place? Search for it in English or Chinese! With over 3000 locations and hundreds of hotels, it's probably in here! If not, let us know, and we'll include it in the next release.
✓ CardShare. Friends envious of your Beijing Taxi Guide? At least you can share the Chinese address with them via Email, SMS, or just by copying and pasting it into your program of choice.
✓ Custom Cards. Ask your local friends to input your private addresses and have every card you need with you at all times!
✓ Notes. Trying to remember why you love that hutong shop on the corner? Make a note of it and you'll never forget.
✓ Integrated MapView so you don't have to exit the app to see smooth zoomable, scrollable Google Maps!*
✓ Integrated WebView so you can read view reviews from the web from inside the app!*
And don’t worry; it doesn’t need an internet connection, so you won’t get dinged with roaming fees. (*Please note that mapping and internet browsing of reviews require an internet connection and will use data). We'll be providing constant updates, since the app is offline and Beijing changes so quickly, so stay tuned, add your hotel to the favorites, and enjoy Beijing!
See the demo on YouTube: http://bit.ly/HoodHotTaxiGuide
HoodHot Travel: The hottest venues in neighborhoods around the world.
For comments/corrections, please contact email@example.com with detailed venue information and we will update the database in the next release.
Use this App to:
* eat with the locals using our unique menu-decoders
* find back-alley bars and live-music venues that aren't in your guidebook
* buy discount vouchers for top city sights
* get to the Great Wall by bus!
But what if I can't speak Chinese?
Don't worry. This App includes:
* Chinese characters for all names and addresses
* photos of those tough-to-find places that only have Chinese signage
* special menu decoders (did we mention them?) that have been specifically compiled for each restaurant that doesn't have an English menu.
What's else is inside?
* Step-by-step instructions guiding you to Beijing's hidden gems, including a fabulously remote part of the Great Wall that other tourists simply don't know about.
* Online maps
* Search by price, location or category.. to find exactly want you want.
* MORE than 1000 original photos taken specifically for this App.
* MORE than 180 expert reviews, including off-beat bars, locals-only restaurants, quirky museums and Beijing's very best parks.
* MORE genuine money-saving tips than other Beijing Apps, including details on discounts, passes, travel cards and how to buy or rent cheap bicycles.
★ About the Author ★
Daniel is a highly experienced travel writer and China expert who fell in love with Beijing in 2005 and has called it his home ever since. He lives with his wife and two children in one of Beijing's historic 'hutong' alleyways and loves nothing more than cycling around the city's narrow lanes - on his rusty old Flying Pigeon bicycle - in search of Beijing's lesser-known treasures.
Daniel has written around a dozen Lonely Planet guidebooks, including Lonely Planet China and Discover China, and is a regular contributor to BBC Travel, lonelyplanet.com and World Travel Guide.
In television, Daniel has hosted a number of episodes of Lonely Planet's travel series Best in China, including most of the Beijing-based episodes. He also worked as a research consultant on the upcoming China series of the travel show Six Degrees.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
2 types of maps are attached in application:
1st map: Offline map. You can download it in Wi-fi service area and use without Internet.
2nd Map: Online map. Allows you to search for addresses, save points on the map. Map access is free of charge.
Application functions are available:
1. Add any objects to your favorites.
2. Add your own map points (for example, your hotel or your car parking space).
3. Object search by address.
4. Get directions.
This app brings the real time flight board from Beijing Capital airport (BCIA) to your mobile. Flight information is synced with official website.
- check both passenager arrival and departure flight status in real time, fast.
- easy to use, you can even search for the flight you are looking for.
- designed to be simple, no need to log in.
- you can also send the flight info to email.
- Travel tips from thousands of travelers – with attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, and nightlife.
- Browse place information (stored locally) offline.
- Augmented Reality Viewer to locate the attractions near you.
- Simple navigation from your current location to the selected address
- Full text search in categories and city boroughs
- “You Are Here” marker on maps: current location indicator.
- Easy and uncomplicated navigation
You see, it’s all about travelling like a local.