Design furniture from your display send directly into your own living room
Does the armchair fit into the living room? Does the design clash with the seventies wallpaper in the background? And what about the space requirement? Should the choice perhaps be rather a more compact version? Lots and lots of questions.
The solution: our new furnishing App. It may does not sound spectacular, but it is, because the free app catapults the desired sofa from the onlineshop virtually into your own living room. Augmented Reality, also known as AR, makes it possible!
We offer the virtual representation for about 100 furniture pieces - and designer lamps, for example by house doctor, Thonet, Kartell, Fritz Hansen, Eiermann and so on. Or how about the stylish Qlocktwo clock?
The proof of the pudding is in the eating
A furniture purchase is usually not done in five minutes. There is much to consider and sometimes also the personal imagination is missing in terms of furnishing and living. This is where our design app helps. It is intuitive to operate, and you can immediately see how the design furniture, like the popular Eames Chair by Vitra, Scandinavian trend furniture from Hay or the chic USM Haller shelf, looks placed in your home - not only as a layout, but true to scale and in 3D. The only thing that is necessary: a smartphone or a tablet, a printer and fun at trying.
The app enables tremendous experimentation, because who knows: Perhaps the design classics will become the eye-catcher thanks to the retro wallpaper. If the result does not provide the desired aha effect, another armchair will be used, until one is 100% satisfied with the result. You are not sure? Then ask the ones you know best: your friends or family. You can also share your virtual 3D furniture with others, for example on Facebook or Instagram.
But the design app has much more to offer. Not only does it bring movement into the furnishing task, it also lets you turn the virtual chair as you wish and allows careful examination of every single angle. For example, you can see how the back of the chair looks like.
And this is how it works
1. First, install the design furniture app for free for Android 5 or newer.
2. Then print the so-called "Marker" in DIN A4 size. The marker fulfills two functions: Firstly, as an anchor, that is, where the marker is placed, the 3D furniture appears. In addition, the marker ensures that the piece of furniture is displayed in its original size.
3. And then we turn to the beautiful things of life: the design furniture. All items for which we offer the innovative 3D feature are nicely put into categories, such as chairs, sofas, storage space or tables.
4. Sought and found? Then place the marker where the piece of furniture should be.
5. Now click on the "Live" icon at the bottom of the smartphone or tablet, point the camera from a distance of approx. 50 cm at the marker and as if by magic the furniture appears on the display - in original size.
Small tip: Make sure that the room is not lit too bright and not too dark.
6. Has it clicked? Then just click on the "shopping bag" and you will be taken to your desired article in the shop and can buy it there right away.
May it be a little bit more?
You can, of course, also save several designer furniture and then compare it with each other. In the "collection" all photos are stored, which means you do not have to make a decision immediately.
But there is more to discover within our furnishing app. For example, our chic online magazine, with everything that makes design life more beautiful: from blogs to ideas for living to our personal favourite items. And of course, our onlineshop is a must.
The furnishing design app: Design furniture shopping, furnishing and living has never been more beautiful - and easier!