Important news: this app is actively developed and will get a major upgrade during the first months of 2018. Many improvements and new features will be part of this upgrade. If you are searching for a simple but flexible app for 2018 to manage your finances, you can start with the current version and will get all the benefits of the upgrade soon.
Track where your money is going with this simple but powerful personal finance app. The Better-than-Budgeting-App is for everybody who doesn’t need thousands of features but are looking for a simple, beautiful app to track personal spending.
This app has a strong focus on simplicity. It can be so easy to record a transaction: tap the desired category from the apps home screen --> the QuickAdd-dialog opens – from here, you can enter the desired amount with a large, easy to read number pad --> hit OK and you’re done. The amount you entered is automatically assigned to the current day. 95% of the time that’s all you need. And if you really need to enter more details (different date, payment method, comments, etc.) you can use a detailed dialog.
The app does not have every function you can imagine, but rather utilizes a solid set of features. It aims to be an app you actually use - not just install. It’s ad-free and no Internet connection is required.
- Use it as your primary spending tracker
- Use it to record your spending on the road in combination with another tool at home
- The app can also be used temporarily to keep track of a shopping tour, vacation or business trip
- A compatible desktop app is also available (see below)
- From the Category List, you can reach all the central functions with a single tap
- Categories can be grouped by expenses, income and investments
- Assign each category a suitable icon
- automate recurring transactions
- Enter transactions with the QuickAdd dialog without having to use the native keyboard
- Several charts and reports are available
- Configure two standard payment options to be used within the QuickAdd dialog
- No Internet connection is required
- Export your data to CSV
- Mail yourself the exported data directly from the app or upload it to Dropbox
- Backup and recovery features
- Detailed documentation is also integrated
A free compatible desktop app for Windows or Mac is also available.