The caller must be in your contacts for the app to speak caller name, otherwise it speaks it out as unknown caller or says the number. This is a free version and has some minor limitations. You can try this version for as long as you want before buying the pro version.
--Minimizes ringtone volume and then speaks name of the caller
--Turn off caller name alert feature if Phone is in silent mode.
--Speaks out full content of SMS along with sender name or numbers.
--Will re-announce the caller information, while not pick up incoming call
--Lots of customization option for different category for calling, messaging & more!
***Money-Back Guarantee: If you are not fully satisfied, we will issue a refund (just send us your order number within 7 days of purchasing!)****.
In addition to reading out just about anything, Enhanced SMS & Caller ID can also enable you to respond to incoming SMS messages using just your voice and the voice recognition software almost all Android devices come pre-installed with!
What does it do? Talking Caller ID, Talking SMS, Talking Email, Talking Calendar reminders, Talking Hangouts and much more!
Enhanced SMS & Caller ID helps you keep your hands free so that you can focus on whatever it is you are doing! Whether you are driving and need to obey your regions hands free laws or if you can't pick up your phone, Enhanced SMS & Caller ID will help you never look at your phone again.
With this app, you can:
• have incoming caller ID read out to you,
• have your text (SMS/MMS) messages read out to,
• reply to text messages using just your voice,
• have your emails read out as they arrive in your inbox,
• have your calendar reminders read out so you never forget another appointment,
• have your Hangout messages read out to you,
• have any other app that posts notifications read out to you (like Breaking news, theScore, ESPN, Google+, Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, etc),
• have our voice notifications read out over most in-car Bluetooth systems,
• and much, much more.
There are many different configuration options available, like white/blacklisting of contacts or email addresses, the ability to configure what our app says during readout and much more. Our app supports all Bluetooth headsets that support the A2DP profile (Caller ID through Bluetooth not yet supported on all devices but all our other features will work just fine with your headset!). Come see why we are rated the best talking caller id and more app!
For a full list of features or to request new features, visit our homepage @ http://www.enhancedsmscallerid.com!
View our FAQ for solutions to common problems @ http://www.enhancedsmscallerid.com/home/faq.
Finally, view our "Getting Started" pages for information on configuring the application @ http://www.enhancedsmscallerid.com/home/documentation.
Before posting misleading reviews saying that the app doesn't work properly, please contact us and give us a chance to help you. We strive to satisfy each and every customer!
Thanks for your support.
Take a look at main features, You’d be surprised what it’s capable of.
> Beautiful user interface:
Flat UI design with countless themes and skins for you to choose from, find one that fits your style. All themes and skins are available for free download from Handcent in play store. New Skins are added daily!
Full SMS and MMS support, support for all Android phones and all Android versions(up to 4.4 Kitkat)
Send messages without paying for SMS/MMS. A cross-platform service: Android, iPhone, Windows Phones users can all chat together.
> Handcent Anywhere:
Text on computers and tablets. Utilize the bigger screen and physical keyboard for faster texting.
> Facebook Profile Pic sync:
Sync contacts’ Facebook pictures to be used in our app. (It replaces your local contacts' pictures in the people app with their profile pictures from Facebook if the the name matches. You can also do it manually)
> Contact customizations:
Set unique notification sound, style, icon and vibrate pattern and so on for each contact.
> Backup messages:
Cloud backup for all your messages(SMS/MMS) as well as your settings. You can even choose how often you want to back up. When you get a new device or reinstall our app,you can easily restore all your messages and settings. (You will need to purchase your Cloud backup service to use it)
> Private Box:
Protect your personal information with Private Box. Use password to view and hide your messages. Private box can be backed up on the cloud using your Handcent account or to external SD card. (Stock Message app and all third party ones won't be able to view messages you put in the private box)
> Group Chat:
Chat with a group of friends(MMS required. Its availability depends on your area, it's fully working in North America)
> Bulk SMS:
Send Bypass your system's limitation to send more texts at once. You can even increase the number of the text you can send by subscribing to our premium service.
Search contact and text in your inbox letting users quickly locate messages in a big inbox.
Share fun emoji and smileys with other Android Handcent users as well as iPhone users. Additional emoji are available as free, downloadable plugins!
Anti-harassment feature built in with the ability to blacklist contacts, filter out keywords, and filter out numbers by prefix.
Support for more than 20 languages. (You are more than welcome to correct our mistakes and provide better translation) Support for the various messaging protocols of different countries.
> Scheduled task:
Deliver SMS and even MMS messages at a specific time or regular intervals such as daily, weekly or monthly.
Share beautiful Handcent eCards with family and friends to mark important dates, such as holidays, birthdays, and to exchange avatars between couples and friends. (eCard is a standalone app in app store)
Messages over 160 characters to be split on CDMA networks such as Verizon Wireless.
Full support for vCards allows you to send, receive, import and export them with Handcent SMS.
> Other tools:
Integrated spell checking and Message composition tools and etc.
For information, support, or to manage your account, please visit our website http://www.handcent.com
Or send an email to email@example.com
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/handcent
Follow us at https://twitter.com/handcent
Another useful feature is, you can listen all the unread text messages by a single button touch. It also offers you to go through the inbox/sent messages & read the message selected by you.
*Currently it supports English only.
* Listen incoming text messages (you can disable this)
* Listen unread text messages by single button touch
* Listen inbox messages
* Listen sent messages
* Stop reading messages
Incoming SMS configuration Options
* Option to disable reading incoming messages all time or disable only when phone is silent or in vibration mode
* Choose whether you want the app to read only contact identity, only message content or both
* For SMS received from phone book contact, choose whether you want to hear contact name or number
- sms reader app
- sms reader english
- Text message reader app
- Incoming message reader
- Listen incoming message
- read sms
- talking sms app
This SMS reader is great for biking, running, or driving. Unlike other apps, this will only read the messages if your headphones or bluetooth are on. You never have to worry about forgetting to turn it on or off, never any embarrassing messages over the loudspeaker. It will also automatically mute your music while the message is read so it can be heard clearly.
For more control you can have the app stop reading messages temporarily with a widget, or tell it to always read regardless of whether headphones are plugged in in the settings.
Explanation of some required permissions:
Modify Audio Settings - Allow users to override system volume settings, route sound only to headphones.
Read Contacts - Allows the app to match incoming phone numbers to the contacts' names.
Read Phone State - When announcing caller ID, this allows the app to know when you have picked up or hung up the call.
If you are having trouble, please contact me directly before leaving comments. I cannot fix the problem if I do not have any details.
The caller must be in your contacts for the app to speak caller name, otherwise it speaks it out as unknown caller or says the number. This is a paid version and does not impose any limitations.
Join the chomp revolution now at 10+ million strong!!!
Create your own unique look, or choose from 100's of FREE themes / skins.
Loads of cool features like 800+ emoji's, passcode app lock, privacy options, scheduled SMS sender (reminders, birthday wishes), stop a text while sending, pin to top, backup, blacklisting / SMS blocker, signatures, text snippets, quick reply popup (even on lock screen), multi-select picture gallery, dual sim, better MMS and GROUP messaging and much more....
Plus heaps of customisation options for notification icons, LED colors, ringtones, vibrate patterns, screen colors, font types, font sizes and background wallpapers. Go on give it some bling!
Works with Pushbullet and Android Wear for SMS Quick Replying.
Give chomp SMS a try today! It's pretty special.
Languages supported are English,French,Italian,German,Chinese, Taiwan, Japanese, Korean and Canada french(the required language packs must be download from Google' play store).
What's in it?
• Reading language(9 languages supported - English,French,Italian,German,Chinese, Taiwan, Japanese, Korean and Canada french).
• Voice pitch(very low,low,normal,high and very high).
• Speed of the voice(very slow,slow,normal,fast and very fast).
• You can edit the starting of the message to speak.
● When you receive a message, Call and SMS Car Listen will read out the message content and sender name.
● When you receive a call, Call and SMS Car Listen will also read out the caller name.
● The a2dp and non a2dp bluetooth headset is supported in this application but may not work with all Android versions and all phones. It can also happen that it works in "Test settings" but not when you get a real call. This indicates that phone provider blocked this feature.
This system is very convenient not only when driving, but also when you are walking or your hands are not free to take the message or call. This contributes to higher safety on the road when messages or calls are coming in.
When you hear the message or call, you can immediately stop it speaking loud by turning the phone around if you are for ex. in a meeting, do not want to be disturbed or you cannot listen to it.
Text before and text after Caller/Sender and/or message can be manually set.
Nine languages are supported by default like in FREE version. The system also supports 13 professional voices from IVONA free of charge. You can find and download them with the system at no charge:
Australian English, US English, UK English, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish US, Spanish, Welsh, Welsh English.
The system also supports 50 eSpeak voices from eSpeak free of charge. You can find and download them with the system at no charge:
African, Albanian, Armenian, Bosnian, Canadian (English), Canadian (French), Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (American), English (British), Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Georgian, Greek, Greek (Ancient), Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latin, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese (Brasilian), Portugese (European), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swahihi, Swedish, Taiwanese, Tamil, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh.
The system also supports the following functions:
● Turn phone around to stop (stop speaking loud by turning the phone around)
● Launch on bluetooth (turns on, when phone is connected with bluetooth device)
● Launch at boot (turns on, when phone is restarted)
● Enable/Disable notifications in status bar
● Launch on bluetooth (turns on, when phone is connected with bluetooth device)
● Audio reading delay (starts reading out with 2 - 20 seconds' delay)
● Speech rate (reading rate: slower, slow, normal speed, fast, faster)
● Ignore Silent/Vibrate (message/call can be read although the phone is set to
● Repetitions (number of repetitions when the phone is ringing)
● a2dp and non a2dp bluetooth headset support (may not work with some Android versions and some phones)
We want to translate this app into different languages, if you can help, please contact us.
"Name or message not announced when I receive a text" - This is most likely due to another app installed on your device. Please follow the instructions below.
SETUP INFO FOR GOSMS, HANDCENT, VLINGO USERS:
● GO SMS >> Settings >> Advanced Tab >> Other Settings >> uncheck "Disable other message notification"
● HANDCENT >> Settings >> Application Settings >> Default Messaging Application >> choose "Disable" and then turn on "Lower priority"
● VLINGO, Within phone settings, change voice recognizer from Vlingo to Google Voice.
you can't touch the phone because you are driving a car or your phone is in other place. When application detect incoming SMS, it is announced and
read aloud by speaker. Phone reads incoming message and it's author using Text-To-Speech Engine speaker. SMS Reader is multilingual and supports lot
★ read aloud incoming SMS with/without author
★ text message can be shown in dialog, or can be announced by the service
★ announcing when battery level is low
★ lot of custom options like delay before reading SMS, auto-read
★ reading aloud in different ringtone mode
★ STOP speaking message when hand is moved over the phone, using proximity sensor
★ lot of speaker languages to set
★ change TTS speaker pitch, speed, volume
★ Simple activity to test speaker preferences, it can be used for fun to prank friends
To properly use this app, make sure that you are connected to the internet, and you have installed Google Text-To-Speech engine on device.
We are working hard to satisfy our users so if you have any comments or suggestions, please email us.
Try it now, be satisfied and enjoy one of the best SMS Reader application in market!
Listen to your messages when you feel like it, while keeping your hands & eyes free for other things.
What can Talking SMS Reader do?
• Efficiently fetches all of your unread SMS & MMS messages and reads them to you.
• Easily configure what to read, like sender name, name and message.
• English/Spanish/Czech/German/Swedish/Russian/Italian/Polish/Hungarian localization.
• Use volume keys to navigate through the messages.
• Delete messages as you hear them.
• Reply to messages (either by typing or with your voice).
• Mark messages as read as you hear them.
• Can automatically detect the language of the message and load the corresponding Speech synthesis voice (if a voice exists for that language).
• Optionally ignore messages from those not in your contacts.
• Easily filter messages from your contacts.
• Shortcut included to allow you to hear your messages anytime simply by pressing a button!
• Easily configure the spoken messages.
Talking SMS Reader is for having your new messages read out loud on demand.
For those that wish to have their messages read as they arrive, we direct you to www.enhancedsmscallerid.com!
Please update your feedback or consider adding a review!
Sometimes get a text message and can't read it?
Scramble to find your reading glasses?
Then this app is for you. Big Text SMS.
Your texts are displayed in a big font, where you can read them without your reading glasses. And if you want to respond, do it with large letters. No glasses needed.
When a text message arrives, this app automatically pops up and shows you the message. Your messages are still available in your Messaging app, unfortunately, in a small font.
You can send all your texts to your email, via the new Export function. Or clean up your Inbox by deleting all the texts with one button.
Have your phone read out the text to you (may need to have "Text-To-Speech Extended" from Google Play installed). Or block texts from people you don't want to hear from.
If you loose your phone or would like to know where the phone is located, text your special “locate” keyword from anywhere and your phone will report it’s address.
Try it. You'll like it. It is free.
Now integrated with Sekur Me, secure login and payments support.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at BigTextSMSReader@septium.com, especially before leaving any negative comments. This software is supported by a professional team of programmers. It is our gift to the Android Community. We do love receiving good feedback.
It allows importing web pages directly from the browser to listen to them. You can also import selected text from other apps.
-Text to voice
-Read web pages
-Play / Pause / Stop
-Export audio as WAV file
-Lots of languages (internet connection required for some)
Make your phone say anything you want in many languages! Let your phone read the news for you!
There's a paid version available WITHOUT ADS here:
NOTE: Your phone must have a Text-to-Speech enginge for Talk to work. If it doesn't have it you can download it from Google Play. Depending on the TTS engine, some languages that appear in the app may not work.
G+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/107986392540899459664
While driving, walking or hands are not free, it gives great convenience to you. Especially it increase the driving safety when short messages received.
When speaking text messages, you can immediately stop speaking when it's not convenient or you do not want to hear.
Auto SMS reading can be turned on or off. Delay time can be set to avoid ring voice conflict.
Seven languages are supported by default: American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese. Other language is also supported if it's supported by system speech engine.
(For Android 2.1+)If your language is not default supported, or you want to change voice quality, you can find and download SVOX language pack in the list: Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, UK English, US English, European Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Finnish, Canadian French, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Cantonese, Mandarin.
Some new features need to be activated using "Points" or by payment. "Points" can be acquired for free.
These features including:
Flip screen down stopping: Providing flip screen down stopping option when reading message.
Shake stopping: Providing shake stopping option when reading message.
Turn on with bluetooth: Can turn on auto reading when bluetooth connected.
Auto reading time setting: Can set time ranges for reading or for no reading.
Widget: Open and close functions on home screen.
Ads removal: Remove ads in this app.
★ This app responds to incoming SMS and missed call automatically and is able to set a schedule to send SMS in future time. And it also can read out SMS in some supported languages. SMS forwarding and many more features are also available.
***Requires Android: 2.1 and up
***If you are using task killer or app killer, please exclude AutoSMS to work properly.
***If you are using GO SMS, you need to uncheck the "Disable other message notification" setting in Receive Settings of GO SMS setting.
★[SMS AUTO REPLY]
● Automatically reply with preset SMS message for receiving SMS and missed calls when you are unable to answer (eg. Driving, In meeting, sleeping, busy , etc…).
● (✔REPLY MESSAGE) Customizable auto-response SMS message for missed calls and SMS.
● (✔WIDGET) One touch Auto-response ON/OFF widget.
● (✔PROFILE) Able to setup multiple profiles for auto response.
● (✔AUTO ON/OFF) Able to set Auto-response Turn-ON duration, no worry even if forget to turn off.
● (✔SILENT MODE) Able to set Ringer Mode to silent mode during turn on and restore automatically after turn off.
● (✔BATTERY EFFICIENT) Auto SMS will not drain battery during “OFF” or “not in Schedule Time”, which helps maintain your battery efficiency.
★[ SCHEDULE SMS ]
● You can set a schedule to send SMS in future for special occasion or wishes to your love one.
★[ SMS READER ]
● This feature may be useful when you are unable to look up the screen and read SMS, for example driving. SMS Reader can read out the message for you in this situation. you may need to install Text-to-speech engine to works it properly and the supported language is depend on the Text-to-speech engine.
★[ INSTANT SMS ]
● This feature may be useful if you have to send same message to a same person frequently.
★[ FORWARD SMS ]
● You can forward receiving SMS to specified numbers automatically. This feature can be used for business such as sharing infomations(SMS) with team members,etc.
1) If same contact SMS/calls in again within 5 mins, only one Auto-response message is sent.
2) Option to prompt you to select Reply message from recently used message.
3) Able to set different message for SMS and incoming missed call.
4) Able to set “Reply Once” option for each scheduled session.
* More features coming soon.
Keywords: autosms, autoreply, sms listen, listen sms, scheduling sms, scheduler, sms speak, sms speaker, sms talk, sms talker, sms sender, safe drive, drive safely, drivesafe.ly,