The all new phishing and web-protection uses latest cloud technology to detect and wipe out even the most current threats.
All this combined in a modern and intuitive interface, so you can stay focused on your real tasks while on the go.
Web- and phishing-protection
Protects against phishing attacks and websites containing malware.
Stops even the most current threats using state-of-the-art cloud technology.
Android malware is on the rise. Using the latest cloud technology, the Advanced-Scan of Internet Security for Android is always up-to-date.
SMS- and call-filter
Prevent spam calls and SMS by adding the sender to a blacklist
Block whole number ranges with wildcards e.g. Premium rate call lines
Protection against theft and device loss
Should your device get lost or stolen, locate, lock or wipe it easily via sms from any other phone
Lock on SIM change
Prevent usage of other SIM cards in your phone.
Get notified when the SIM card is replaced
Password protected Apps
Prevent app launch with a password
Thus stop traffic costs by locking video apps or prevent app purchases
Move contacts to a protected area and lock them down with a password. All data, messages and call lists of these contacts are available to your eyes only.
We revamped the user interface to make it more intuitive and allow configuration of features with a snap.
Contains a 12-month-license including regular virus signature updates, software updates, version upgrades and cloud access.
IMPORTANT - You MUST restart your phone after installing or updating the app. Also, please launch and configure the app to start blocking messages.
This is a free app and has no ads.
This app selectively blocks balance update messages that carriers send after each call, typically on prepaid plans. These balance update messages show as annoying popups after end of each call.
Technically, these balance update messages are USSD messages, and cannot be filtered by SMS blockers. Hence, this app specializes in blocking USSD messages.
You may choose to block messages that contain a specific string (substring match), or a list of keywords (comma separated keyword list), or advanced users can specify regular expressions that when matched trigger blocking.
You can also choose to show the balance update message once per day (or week/month). This will cause the first balance update message to show up, and all other messages will be blocked for the rest of the day.
Last 25 messages are saved in the message log, along with indication if the message was blocked or allowed.
Credit to commandus.com blog for USSD handling tip!
If you encounter an issue, please make sure you have restarted the phone after installation. Please email me if that does not resolve the issue.
Technical users - this app actually doesn't need READ_PHONE_STATE permission. I've added it so that Android doesn't auto update this app from 1.0 to 1.2, as that requires a restart.
How it works
When you click on a web link or scan a QR code, Android will open a dialog with a list of apps that you can choose from to complete the action. Select ‘Avira USSD Exploit Blocker’ and set it as the default.
Protecting your phone from the USSD Android exploit is that simple!
What is a USSD code anyway?
USSD codes are keypad commands that can be used to access a variety of phone functions, from checking minutes to accessing expert controls. USSD commands typically contain a mixture of numbers, stars and pound signs.
** Xposed framework is required http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **
Ussd blocker will block the annoying USSD balance update popups that come up on your phone, each time you make a call or change data connectivity. This app is like a silent inbox for all your USSD popup messages.
Two main reasons to use this app:
- No usage popups especially when you don't have the time to read them, e.g after ending a call or unlocking your phone.
- USSD messages are lost once you dismiss them. So, if you are on a prepaid connection and want to know when and how you lost your balance, you can get it from your history of usage update messages in this app.
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Ussd Blocker Xposed module and reboot
XDA support thread:
“My Data Manager is an incredibly convenient tool” – CNET
“My Data Manager ... is the best Android app for monitoring and taking control of the amount of data your Android is using” – Best Android Apps Review
“Monitoring your data use has become an essential task ... which is why apps like My Data Manager are becoming so important.” ZDNet
My Data Manager is a popular data usage monitor to help you keep track of your mobile data usage. It’s a simple data counter that helps you monitor the data that you use and keep track of your data count on a daily basis. It helps you understand what apps used the most data and will always tell you the total amount of data used in your current mobile data plan period.
Do you wonder which apps are consuming all your data? Do you wonder how much data you’ve used this month and if you are going to go over your limit? Try My Data Manager to take control of your data and start saving on mobile data !
• Track your data usage to avoid additional charges on your bill
• Understand what apps are using data with data monitoring of your app data usage.
• Set usage alarms to avoid overage charges and “bill shock”.
• Track historical app time and app usage using easy to understand visualizations.
• Ensure you are using your ideal data plan and maximize how you use your data.
• Simple to setup and simple to use.
• Save money by using your plans more effectively.
Download it now and try it out – it’s a great way to save money on your mobile bill!
We want to hear from you, so please contact us using the Feedback button in the app.
Comment on permissions:
- Your personal information: Contacts are not accessed; only app launch times.
Note: SD storage is not supported. If placed on the SD card the monitoring service will be disrupted in some cases.
Protect yourself from data loss through remote wipe or other harmful actions of USSD hacks.
In order to protect your device from remote wipe and other USSD attacks, make sure that ESET USSD Control is set as the default dialer:
1. Install ESET USSD Control on your device.
2. Use your Android phone to visit our test page: http://www.eset.com/tools/ussdtest (note that this only contains a checker and will not make changes to your phone).
3. When prompted to complete action, check "Always perform this action" and select ESET USSD Control.
For step by step installation please follow our Knowledge Base http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3139
Please note that once installed, the app runs invisible in the background, with no icon on the home screen. ESET USSD Control only interacts with the user when an attempt to run a harmful USSD code is detected. To make sure the app is installed correctly, go to Android Settings > Applications and look for ESET USSD Control.
What is USSD?
The purpose of USSD codes is that telecom operators can provide distance support for phone devices. An example of such code is one that displays IMEI number (*#06#), but there are also USSD commands that can wipe all data and restore a phone to factory settings.
How can USSD attack be launched?
Protection against USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) attacks is an essential security layer for Android devices, since these attacks can be easily initiated by all means that lead to visiting a website containing malicious USSD command such as SMS, QR code, or simply by tapping a fraudulent link in the browser.
How does ESET USSD Control protect you?
By checking for malicious codes before they are executed, ESET USSD Control makes sure that all data on your Android phone stay safe. The app displays a warning window each time a malicious USSD code is found, blocking the execution of the potentially harmful command.
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (email@example.com)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
Danish, Dutch, English, German, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish translation available.
Discreet and simple widget that can be placed on your home screen to keep an eye on your network usage. Shows wifi / wlan and 4g / lte / 3g / gprs traffic. Similar to NetCounter and 3G Watchdog.
Try out the new quota in the pro version. :)
You can customize the user interface and configure widgets individually - just take a look at the screenshots.
Please report any bugs. :)
Pro version features:
- Turn off display of cell/wifi/tethering individually
- More background colours
- More font colours
- Custom hex font colour
- Inaccuracy/no data reported on different Samsung devices running Honeycomb and Gingerbread - seems to affect other data counting applications as well
- Custom day of month problem: Please upgrade to version 1.5.8. The problem should go away. :)
Dial/call function from the application will be directed to available phone dialer.
Certain Android devices are currently vulnerable to a USSD attack.
Made in Indonesia.
Checks and shows numbers before dialing.
USSDs can still be manually dialed after the first block!
No permissions required.
This app is open source: http://code.google.com/p/ussd-stop/
What is USSD? Read on wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data
The rights of root are necessary for the program for processing of USSD answers to Android 4.2.2 above. At their existence use the USSD Mode 5.
In of Pro - version additional:
- Opportunity for each sim card to appoint some USSD requests and for each inquiry to appoint some indicators for parsing of various groups of figures in the answer.
- Processing of answers from SMS
- Various widgets (1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1) are available, for each widget on a desktop it is possible to set the settings (transparency, a font size, an icon, etc.)
- Possibility of viewing, editing, removal, unloading in the file of the magazine of the program for the chosen period, viewing of the detailed and grouped statistics
- Chart of balance and diagram of expenses.
-Possibility of an archiving and restoration of base and settings is added
For each sim card it is necessary to appoint the USSD request code, to specify number of numerical group for answer processing. (Let's say the answer to the USSD request looks like: "Balans:43,88 dollars. You look animated films: * 728*1# (11,86 dollars/month)". Here 4 numerical groups: 43,88; 728; 1; 11,86 . Us the first interests. )
It is possible to adjust the schedule of a parcel of USSD requests:
After incoming and outgoing calls and SMS, after the end of Internet connection, at the appointed time.
It is possible to establish a indication of a negative number (Negative Prefix). Let's say the answer to the USSD request looks like: "Debt of 2.80 dollars. " If to establish value of Negative Prefix equal "Debt", the program will understand that it is necessary to replace "Debt" in the answer with a minus. By default a sign of a negative number - a symbol "-".
The program needs to be installed in the main memory of the smartphone.
For work of the program it is necessary to remove or freeze other programs working with USSD requests (USSD checker, etc.). After installation single reset is required.
The program was tested on the MTK(6516, 6575, 6577, 6589 platforms), also works at some smartphones on Qualcomm and Samsung Duos.
The USSD Mode 0 is suitable for the majority of phones except MTK 6573 and Samsung Duos.The USSD Mode 1 is suitable for the majority of phones on MTK 6573.
The USSD Mode 2 mode has to work at Samsung Duos except S7562. On Samsung S7562 choose the Mode 0 mode. On HTC Desire SV and HTC Desire V use Mode 3.
USSD Mode 4 - a mode of a "silent" USSD request for smartphones on MTK (root can be demanded).
USSD Mode 5 (the rights of root are necessary) - a mode of a "silent" USSD request, is suitable for all smartphones. The mode is compatible to Android 4.2.2.
If when using Mode 5 after reboot the network isn't restored, try to change a submode. On the Chinese DualSim on Qualcomm (ZTE 880, Huawei 8825, etc.) and Samsung S7562 try to change the "Mode of queries" control. If in Mode 5 there is no balance updating (on one or both sim cards), try to increase a "Wite after boot" and change a submode. After submode and Wite after boot change it is necessary to reboot the smartphone (not fast reboot ).
Before removal of USSDDualWidget don't forget to remove a daw in Settings of phone - Security - Select device administrators.
toggle the mobile data network (3g APN) with a single touch on the screen, saving the time consuming you reach this functionality through the Android menu.
This widget is free and ad-free. We invite you to install it and enjoy!
With this widget you can
- Activate the 3G
- Disable 3G.
- Enable / disable (on / off) mobile data network with a single touch on the screen;
- The dynamic widget icon dropping down you know whether you are connected or disconnected.
- 3g widget
- 3g On Off
- data on off
- data enabler
If you have any suggestions, comments please send an email to our address developer.
The operating system your smartphone is running may be vulnerable to USSD commands that could wipe your entire phone.
Tapping on a link to a cleverly coded web page could order you phone to reset itself to factory settings and disintegrate all your private data with it.
Any Android phone running Phone.apk v 4.1 or lower is at risk and that's the broader base of them. Install Bitdefender's USSD Wipe Stopper to protect against such attacks. Now, once you would tap on a exploiting link, Bitdefender will intercept the wipe command and ask you to decide what to do next. You may, if unsure, dismiss the USSD command.
Find out more about this security vulnerability at http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitdefender-wipe-stopper-prevents-remote-ussd-attack-on-androids-3657.html
or in prestigious press outlets:
Tags: ussd, ussd code, ussd check, android ussd, url, security
To create shortcuts follow the steps below (screenshots are provided).
1. Add the widget to the home screen. This is done by long pressing on the home screen, selecting 'Widget' from the menu provided and selecting 'USSD Dialer' from the list of widgets.
2. Enter the 'USSD Code' on the configuration screen. You can also enter a 'Friendly Name'. If 'Friendly Name' is provided, it shows up on the home screen, otherwise the USSD code is shown by default.
3. Click 'Save' to place the configured widget on the home screen.
Clicking 'Cancel' at anytime on the configuration screen does not add the widget to the home screen.
Create multiple instances of the widget on the home screen one for each USSD code.
Note : The widget supports USSD codes in the format prescribed by Mobile Application Part 1. If USSD codes for your service provider are not supported, please provide feedback.
More from developer
To counter the increased threat to Android devices, we have decided to make our software's system protection available for free not just to G Data customers. With G Data AntiVirus Free all users now receive their signature updates for free!
We have also improved the device scan, which now checks your SD card as well as directly removes any malware detected. Thanks to this enhanced feature, malware can no longer get onto your device.
Of course we haven't forgotten about our existing customers either. All those who purchased the original G Data MobileSecurity have been offered a free upgrade to the new G Data MobileSecurity 2 via email.
G Data AntiVirus Free efficiently protects your smartphone against viruses, Trojans, spyware, backdoors and other malware.
Free virus protection with easy to use authorisation checking:
Which apps are allowed to initiate calls, send text messages or access the Internet?
Protect your identity and personal, confidential content such as messages, emails or photos against viruses, malware and other spy programs.
G Data AntiVirus Free helps you take care of your smartphone, before somebody else does.
- Anti-virus, anti-Trojan, anti-spyware
- On-demand scan
- Real-time protection: new apps are automatically scanned after download and installation
- Periodic virus scanner
- Checks authorisations for all installed apps
- Updating via Android software updates
G Data AntiVirus Free – simple, safe, resource saving.