Bluetooth Detection is an add-on app for Tasker or Locale that lets you set conditions based on connected or nearby Bluetooth devices.
If you want to try before you buy, now there's a free trial version that you can use without limits for 30 days. If you want to test the functionality before you buy, try it out and see!
Please note: this is a plug-in. You MUST have either Locale or Tasker installed for this to work. It is built as a plug-in for either of these, and will never function on its own. If you don't understand what Locale or Tasker are, then please do not install this plug-in.
When you use Bluetooth Detection within Tasker or Locale, you can create a profile that lets you act upon Bluetooth connections or nearby devices. For example, you can use Locale to start playing music when a connection is made to your car's Bluetooth audio profile, or enable work mode when near your work laptop.
Tasker users might ask, "So what makes this different from the native functionality in Tasker?" The answer is mainly "ease of use" - not everyone wants to type in a MAC ID :). But there are also some features that I think are unique. Some examples: you can select class of device, so that (for instance) any A2DP connection triggers a task, or you can specify that you only care about a connection to your car's BT when it's the Hands-Free profile. You can also set a delay on unsetting the condition, and all of this is done in a very user-friendly interface. And you also get a local Tasker Variable with the name of the last connected device.
Note for Tasker Users: Once installed, you can find Bluetooth Detection by going to Profiles, and adding a "State" condition. Within the pop-up that appears, you will see a button labeled "Plugin." Tap that, and you will see "Bluetooth Detection."
With this app you can let your device automatically establish bluetooths connection when bluetooth is enabled. It also acts as a Tasker / Locale / LLama Plugin to better cover all your special needs (Connect only if Wifi is disabled). It also supports disconnecting in this mode.
If you use this for tethering, our other App may be useful for you. It must be installed on the device that acts as a internet gateway. The Auto Connect App must be installed on the device where you don't have a regular internet connection (e.g. WIFI only tablet). For instance if you have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 Tablet. Auto Tether goes to the Phone and Bluetooth Auto Connect runs on the tablet.
With Version 0.6 we improved compatibility especiallay with A2DP devices. If you still have compatibility issues you can help us getting an overview about what works and what not by filling out this form:
For Galaxy Tab Plus (P6210) users with Android 3.2:
It seems that this app can't connect to other devices because of samsungs own auto connect feature. Users told us that it works with experimental Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich firmware!
This is no frills (some even call it ugly) but still works nicely. (Cut me some slack, I wrote it in 2 days, using standard UI elements from FroYo. That said, I see no reason to update it unless I'm really fixing something.)
Simply select the application to see a list of activities. Then pick the activity you want launched. For example:
That's it. Connect your headset, hit the button and you're good to go.
Not all headsets work correctly. Some have odd behavior and do not follow the standard. I own only a couple of headsets and test to those.
Not all activities work correctly either. It is simply not possible for me to download and test every activity for every app. You are responsible for figuring out what works and what doesn't.
RED - bluetooth off
BLUE - on
GREEN - headset is connected
Toggle Widgets Pack - Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Silent, Rotate, Brightness, Airplane, 2G/3G
Toggle Widgets Panel - new app!!!
It provides a seamless experience for Bluetooth use in the car, better than Bluetooth toggle widgets because it acts as a set and forget solution.
Within a few minutes of starting your journey your Bluetooth radio will automatically enable itself and connect to any Bluetooth devices that are paired to your device.
A great solution to saving power on your phone, as it will automatically disconnect at the conclusion of your journey.
There is a trial version of Speed Enabled Bluetooth available in the marketplace (https://market.android.com/details?id=nz.co.mobiledevelopment.bluetooth.SpeedEnabledBluetooth.trial)
Controls your Bluetooth Radio Power based off your estimated speed. Utilizes coarse location detection to reduce power consumption. Great for people who step into the car and want their Bluetooth to be enabled to connect to their hands-free, but then disabled when they stop moving. Speed Enabled Bluetooth will not disable Bluetooth when devices are connected or you are making a phone call.
Coarse location detection does mean that we don't have a power overhead, but it does mean that it can take a few minutes to detect that you have changed your location.
It is also recommended that you have WiFi enabled to help with the location detection.
If you have your GPS enabled then it will use the detected speed from any locations retrieved by other applications.
There is a trial version available in the market place search for Speed Enabled Bluetooth Trial.
Check out our other applications:
FaceDown Profile Controller - Put your phone face down during a meeting to prevent it from ringing, or quickly flip it over while it is ringing to silence it - with no additional battery consumption.
Call Scheduler - schedule and manage calls for a later date. Great for sales people, busy people and simply making sure you call people when you say you will.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when on a call.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when the phone is charging.
Keywords: bluetooth bt mobile data 2g 3g 4g lte cdma
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
Launch Car Home when you connect to BT.
Adjusts the media volume when connected to Bluetooth. Restores volume on disconnect.
If you always adjusting the music volume after you pair with your car stereo then this app is for you.
Ad free Donate version now available.
NOTICE!: Creating SPP port may fail with Widcomm stack.
NOTICE2!:Widget simulates NMEA while GPS is not fixed yet. This simulation is based on Cell Tower information and may be coarse.
Please take note that it can not work if your mobile provider (e.g. Sprint) removes tethering support from the firmware!
Important: You must start the configuration application and enable it explicitly!
This App has to be installed on the device that has the internet connection you want to share with another device.
This app creates a menu in your notification area when you connect earphones or a Bluetooth headset to your device.
* Choose which apps to put on the menu and sort them as you like
* Turn on the screen when a headset is connected
* Auto-start an app when headset is connected
* Icon alignment (left, right, space evenly) in notification
* Can create a widget that is made visible when a headset is connected
* Icon pack support
* Bluetooth device blacklist
This app is a WORK IN PROGRESS. It WILL have bugs. I WILL fix them. I also have a "regular" job so please have patience.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Start when phone starts
* BLUETOOTH: Check Bluetooth state
* INTERNET: Used to report crash data to Crittercism (error reporting service)
* READ_LOGS: Allows collecting logcat data to be attached to crashes and handled exceptions.
* GET_TASKS: Allows augmenting crash reports with information on the activity running during a crash.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows the app database to be saved to SD-card
* WAKE_LOCK: Nedded for turning on the screen on headset connection
* REORDER_TASKS: to bring other apps to foreground / auto-launch
No personal information is gathered by this app. Only crash reports are sent to me so I can fix bugs and improve the app.
This app is specially recomend by Fitbit users. There is a Pro version available without ads and new features as one device selection.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To work properly it is necessary to turn on the Bluetooth in discovery mode. PAIRED DEVICES AS HEADSETS WILL NOT BE FOUND.
Be constructive please :), if this app does not work on your device, instead of negative rating, send me a email with the device model and problem description in order to solve it.
Scan to find Bluetooth devices.
Attach each device with one of your contacts. Easy access to their stored data.
Manage the list of devices as your will: sort them, filter them by type, by name, find whichever you want...
Share your favorite pictures or music with your contacts. You can even share your own contacts via Bluetooth, expand your friends network!
Real time monitoring of device broadcast signals, see them vary!
- Scan. Search for devices until you stop or the maximum configured scanning time is reached.
- If you exit the application when scanning you can quickly return through the notifications menu.
- New devices found will be added to the list. Lost devices will stay until you delete them.
- Turn the communication via Bluetooth on and off whenever you want.
- Setup or change your device's name.
- Make yourself visible as long as you decide to configure so other devices can find you. Note: your device can have maximum limit.
Attach devices to your contacts:
- You can attach or detach a device to a contact anytime you want.
- Easy access to the information stored in your phone for that contact.
Manage the devices list:
- Sort devices by power signal, name, etc.
- Show only devices that are contacts, are available, etc.
- Show only mobile devices, PCs, etc.
- Search for devices by name or by the name of their attached contact.
Share your personal files with any Bluetooth device (only in experimental mode):
- Pair your devices previously or do it momentarily to share the information.
- Share video, audio or pictures. Even share your own contacts with another device.
Monitorize any device:
- If the device is visible via Bluetooth, you can watch how its power signal varies through time while you scan.
Bluetooth on demand:
- Use the application with Bluetooth communication disabled if you are not going to use any operation that requires it.
- Bluetooth communication will activate when the application starts only if you configure it so, otherwise it will be enabled whenever an action that needs it is performed.
- Timers to show the remaining time of scanning or the remaining time of the device being visible.
- Legend of the icons in the application.
Need help or instructions? Visit http://www.brachcon.com/support/bluetooth-auto-pair/
When certain Bluetooth headsets get connected to the device the audio can get noisy / corrupt.
This app re-connects a A2DP headset after it has been connected to bypass this problem.
Please tell me when your Bluetooth headset doesn't work or if you have any other issues!
★ Smart Call: easy ways to control the call without touching the screen or even the phone
* Answer call by putting the phone to your ear
* Automatically end the call if moving the phone away from your ear
* Options for silencing/answering/ending/rejecting the call by using these gestures: shaking the phone; flipping the phone(turn the phone over); close proximity(waving your hand in front of the screen or have something close to the screen).
* Note if you're using phone cover, proximity features may not working properly.
★ Reminder: remind you by notifications that you have missed calls or unread SMS messages
* Notification with a popup window to allow viewing new messages and call logs quickly
* Allow to change notification ringtone, vibration pattern and LED flashlight color for notifications
* Option for automatically replying missed calls by SMS message.
★ Announcement: use Text-to-speech engine to read out information when having incoming calls or new SMS messages
* Read out the caller’s name or the sender’s name of message
* Allow to customize text for reading out.
★ Call Recorder: automatic call recording with high voice quality
* Record automatically or manually via a control button on the call screen
* Allow to play/note/send recordings
* Automatically delete old recordings.
★ Call Blocker: block unwanted calls and spam SMS messages. Your phone will never ring or vibrate when receiving blocked calls/messages
* Block any phone number you want and move call logs/messages to specific list
* Options for blocking unknown/hidden phone numbers
* Option for sending reply message automatically to blocked numbers
* Text blocking is not available on Android 4.4/KitKat because Google has changed the policy.
★ Important Call: you'll choose which contacts are important, when these persons call you, your phone will always ring and vibrate even it's in silent mode.
* Urgent mode: when your phone is in silent mode, if someone call you twice within 2 minutes and you're not answer the calls. The third call will be accepted and your phone will ring.
★ Call Vibration (Android 4.1+ ROOT required): when you make a call to someone, your phone will vibrate to notify you that his/her phone has begun ringing or he/she has answered your call. If you’re using Android 4.1 or above, you must ROOT your phone to use this feature.
★ Schedule: allow you to perform daily tasks at specified time automatically, including:
* Phone tasks: automatically turn on/off silent mode, vibration mode, mobile data(2G/3G/4G), Wifi, Bluetooth,..
* App tasks: automatically enable/disable app features(Smart Call, Announcement,...).
★ Profile Management: allow to backup app settings to a profile for restoring or scheduling.
★ Auto Answer: automatically answer incoming calls. A useful feature when driving
* Answer automatically after a delay time or when a headset is connected
* Turn on speakerphone before answering.
★ Auto Speakerphone: automatically turn on speakerphone when the call begins and the phone is not close to your ear. It also turns off speakerphone automatically when putting the phone to your ear
* Allow to change speakerphone volume
* Option to keep the screen always on when speakerphone or headset is in use.
★ Auto Bluetooth: automatically turn on Bluetooth and connect with Bluetooth headset when the call begins.
Give it a try and you will love it!
Note internet permission is required for ads.
Then you should try "Watch my Bluetooth Devices".
"Watch my Bluetooth Devices" enables the Bluetooth module of your Android device in an interval. If none of your Bluetooth devices is available, the Bluetooth module will be turned off instant. This way the power consumption is reduced to the minimum.
Beside this basic functionality "Watch my Bluetooth Devices" offers a lot of additonal features to fit all your needs.
- Event-based temporary stopping the service: airplane mode, active WiFi connection, low battery
- Event-based triggering the device search: incoming and outgoing calls, incoming SMS, plugging the charging cable, connection with docking station
- Event-based notifications (ringtone and/or vibration)
- Control functionality via status bar
- Auto connect: A2DP and headset/handsfree set
- Locale/Tasker compatible plugin for maximum flexibility
- Integrated help and FAQ
- Bi-lingual user interface (German, English)
- Free of charge and free of ads
On the one hand "Watch my Bluetooth Devices" is very easy to use. On the other hand it's highly configurable. The good documentation makes sure that all questions are answered.
The further development of "Watch my Bluetooth Devices" depends on your feedback. If you notice a misbehavior or you miss some feature, please don't give a bad rating. Instead send some feedback to the developer.
The detailed procedure for reporting a misbehavior is described in the integrated help. Thanks for your support!
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the support address below.
- "Bluetooth administration" and "Create Bluetooth connections": Watching Bluetooth connections and enabling/disabling of Bluetooth module
- "Read phone state and identify" and "Intercept outgoing calls": Start the device search on incoming and outgoing calls
- "Receive SMS": Start the device search on incoming SMS
- "Automatically start at boot": Starting the service on system boot
- "Prevent phone from sleeping": Ensure your phone doesn't go sleeping during active operations
- "Control vibrator": Make some notification in the form of a short vibration alarm
- "Modify/delete SD card contents": Creating a log file on your SD card for troubleshooting
- "View network state" and "View Wi-Fi state": Temporary stop service on active WiFi connection
Use this app to save your Battery!
App works with Android 2.0 and greater.
This app does not connect to bluetooth devices.
It just handles the phone bluetooth state (On/Off).
When connecting to bluetooth devices is needed download TRIAL version please.
Main bluetooth features:
- Sound notification when one of your assigned bluetooth devices connects or disconnects
- Enable bluetooth on incomming or outgoing calls
- Automatically open android bluetooth settings
- Disable bluetooth automatically after calls
- Temporarely disable bluetooth on wired headset plugged in
- Enable or disable bluetooth with external power supply
- Assign bluetooth devices to listen for disconnect events
(Phone bluetooth will be turned off on disconnect)
- Enable or disable phone bluetooth in app
- Disable service notification
- Autostart service on phone start
- Bluetooth device connection timer
(disable bluetooth when no device has connected during timer)
- Battery saving bluetooth device scanning
(Periodically scan for your assigned bluetooth devices)
- Delay shut down of bluetooth
(will be canceled when one of your assigned devices connects during delay)
Use 1x1 widget to start or stop service
Use 2x2 widget to start or stop service and open the app
Enables bluetooth and opens your contacts in one step
If you like this app, please take a few seconds to rate it or become a fan on facebook to share it with your friends, get latest infos, have a look at a detailed description or just discuss the app!
This version contains all PRO features, but its service will stop running after 15 minutes.
The service can always be restarted.
It is recommended to try out this TRIAL version before buying the PRO version.
If you want to buy the PRO version but have no credit card then visit AndtoidPIT !!!
Make sure everything is working for you! Thanks!