This is a Stock KitKat messaging app with Hangouts style sliding UI and a bunch of extra features. It is a new and improved version of my Sliding MMS app on the play store, rebuilt from the ground up to be faster and better.
- Quick reply, mark read, call from notification
- Automatic popup option with full conversation
- Letter tile (Gmail style) contact photo avatars
- Choice of message bubble style
- Android and Apple emojis with emoji picker
- Unicode stripping
- Custom vibrate pattern
- Customize look and feel with color and style customizations
- Translucent status and nav bars
- Breathing notification
Features are added almost daily.
Have a problem or a suggestion? Email me.
Don't want to pay for this app? Download it for free on xda-developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-stock-messaging-sliding-ui-extra-t2825144
Vegas SMS is two parts. One part public, one part secret. The public messaging application has a launcher icon called Vegas SMS. The secret part has absolutely no icon, and no open button, so how do you open the app? Vegas uses telephone dialing code technology to open, the default dialing code is 123. After installing press the open button to activate your dialing code and you’re good to go with the ultimate stealth-messaging vault that only opens by dialing your customizable secret code into the telephone; it’s just like making a phone call.
Vegas SMS is the only fully function secret messaging app, designed for Android 4.4 Kitkat, with absolutely no root required!
All text, picture, and video messages, to a Vegas contact, automatically filter directly into Vegas bypassing everything for extreme security!
The Good Stuff
★ Google Drive backup and restore system
★ Convenient quick reply popup with lockscreen support
★ Full VCard, contact card support
★ Infinitely customizable messager colors
★ Extendable, customizable themes
★ Over 100 customizable notification icons
★ All settings are completely unique for each contact
★ Root powered call filters including send to voicemail
★ Unlimited telephone, and email address support
★ Flawless mms image, video, and audio filtering
★ Sexy use of Android's immersive mode
★ Renowned technical support - firstname.lastname@example.org
★ Vegas has over 100 customizable notification icons, and Vegas handles all notifications for regular contact and Vegas contacts. When you get a message from a Vegas contact you will see a 100% fully customizable notification that is completely discreet, only you know what it means!
Picture, video and audio filtering
★ Vegas features the best picture, video and audio filter on the Play Store.
★ Innovative user interface features including rotating cube effect for the entire contact list
★ Full size contact photos with save to Gallery support if needed
★ Cutting edge staggered grid view experience, supporting varying length sms previews
★ Import from a Shady SMS backup!
★ Almost everything is customizable
★ Vegas SMS has extendable theme support. Look at the other apps I've published to see some simple themes already available.
★ Developers can make customized themes using a simple Github project as a template:
★ Your existing messages are absolutely safe with Vegas. Just like the competition, and your stock messaging app, all Vegas does is present a user interface for you to interact with your messages. Nothing is transferred and nothing is moved in the Vegas regular messaging app. The secret messaging app it separate from your regular messages for security purposes, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :-)
Vegas SMS uses countless permissions, and I'd like to clarify that my application is %100 malicious code free. It may request fancy scary sounding permissions but I can personally guarantee that all requested permissions are for specific features that you likely will use at some point or another.
-- Main features --
-- Sent and received text messages are grouped in multiple categories --
• Billing cycle
• All time
• Current month
• Per month
-- Filter messages by date --
-- Charts and statistics per contact --
-- Limitation --
• If a text message is deleted it will no longer be part of the statistics
inChat is like other popular messaging apps but adds SMS, kinda similar to iPhone messaging. inChat over WiFi/3G and SMS from your real phone number.
★ Key Chat Features
• inChat super fast worldwide over WiFi/3G
• Last seen and typing indicator
• Read receipts and location sharing
• Multiple recipient messages and Walkie talkie
• Group chat
• Multiple Attachment messaging
★ Key SMS Features
• SMS and MMS Pictures from your phone number
• Emoji keyboard and LED notification
• All regular cellular text features supported
Automatic mode or manually customize in settings:
• All in one messaging (inChat and SMS/MMS)
• Data only messaging (inChat via WiFi/3G)
• Stock messaging replacement (SMS/MMS only)
*Of course carrier rates apply for normal SMS/MMS messages from your phone number.
To date, group messaging consisted of a generic text sent to multiple recipients with no ability to personalise.
"Hi all! I want to invite you to my graduation party tonight, thanks Dan"
Using our innovative app the message would read as follows:
"Hi (%fname)! I want to invite you to my graduation party tonight, thanks Dan"
The application will take the word "%fname" and replace it the with the first name of the recipient as it is saved in your contact list on your phone.
All this can be done by writing one message only!
By simply downloading our new app a general group message is individualised, allowing for greater impact on the recipients.
Various ways in which the app is beneficial :
- Keeping in touch with family and distant family easily.
- arranging evenings out with friends.
- mass marketing for businesses of any size.
- keeping in touch with clients.
- Maintaining relationships with customers.
- Event organising.
- personalised notes to: workers' unions, debt collecting, payment notices.
- Any other group or mass messaging that requires a personal touch.
- Sending an sms to all your phone contacts.
- The ability to create and save groups for greater time saving in the future (family, friends, work etc)
- Three dedicated tabsfor variable values. (%fname, %lname, %fullname)
- Character count within a message.
- message count within a group.
Prices per message vary according to your network tariff and plan.
The app does not collect any information and is provided "as is".
The app using Google Analytics for Statistics and Crashing reports.
This app does not work on Galaxy s4 using firmware 4.2.2 ,the firmware requires an upgrade to 4.4.2 to operate.
★ Please install this app only if you have HTC or Pantech devices ★
*** ACKNOWLEDGMENT ***: This app only works on a mobile device that supports the 'sendRawPdu' API function in the firmware. So this app may not work on your device. After installing, you can check if this app works on your device by going to the menu Ability Check.
Currently ONLY support GSM (GPRS, EDGE), UMTS (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+) and LTE networks.
Does NOT support CDMA (IS-95, 1xRTT, EV-DO, eHRPD) networks.
Known Working devices: T-Mobile G1, Pantech Sky A820L, HTC Desire S (and may be all HTC devices with stock firmware)
NON-Working devices: Sony Xperia U, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note II (and may be all other Samsung devices ?)
- Support long messages.
- Support alternate Reply Address.
- Support selection for the message storage at the target device.
- Support Replaceable message.
- Support Flash message.
- Support 3 types of Ping message.
- Support Message Waiting Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email and Other indication).
- Global notification for the delivery reports, even if this app is not running.
1. Alternate Reply Address:
With this feature, the recipient will reply to the message by using the Alternate Reply Address instead of the sender's address. On some target devices (e.g iPhone before iOS 6 or Pantech Sky, Pantech Vega...), the message will be displayed with this number. On almost other target devices this feature will be ignored, so the recipient won't see any difference.
2. Message Storage:
- Default: the target device will decide where to store the message.
- Phone memory preferred: the target device shall send an acknowledgement to the sender when the message has successfully received and can be stored. The target device shall normally store the message in the phone memory by default, if that is possible, but otherwise the message may be stored elsewhere, e.g. in the SIM memory.
- SIM memory preferred: the target device shall ensure that the message can be stored in the SIM memory before sending an acknowledgement to the sender.
3. Replaceable Message:
With this feature, the old message (that has been sent with this tool) will be overwritten by the new one. The sender can set the replacing cycle for each recipient.
4. Flash Message:
The target device shall display the message immediately and send an acknowledgement to the sender. The message shall not be automatically stored in the target device, but user has an option to save it. On some phones (e.g iPhone) the message will be displayed without the sender's address and without the possibility to save the message.
5. Ping Message:
With ping message, the sender can check whether the recipient is available or not, without disturb them with any call or SMS. The target device shall not indicate any visual alert to the recipient.
6. Message Waiting Indication (MWI):
Special Message Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email or Other indication) will be sent to the target device. With this message the sender can let the target device think that there is a voicemail (or Fax, or Email). An icon gets displayed at the target device. To clear the icon at the target device, the sender should Deactivate it. Most target devices support display Voicemail icon. Only some device (e.g Nokia) will display Fax, Email and Other indication icons.
Should you have any comment or suggestion, please visit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2144863
Hỗ trợ tiếng Việt: http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/1882708/
As at 22 May 2013, PennyTel's rate for SMS is $AU0.05 per message.
Source is published on github: https://github.com/natumbri/SMS-via-PennyTel
Discussion and help on whirlpool: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2092455
This app is unofficial, in the sense that it was not created by PennyTel. As a consequence, while PennyTel has assisted in bringing the app to the market, PennyTel is unlikely to be able to provide user support/assistance for the app. Your best bet for support/assistance is the whirlpool forum link above.
Numbers should be in the E164 format. [country code][phone number] (eg - for Australia - 614xxxxxxxx).
No non-number characters should be included in the telephone number (eg. '(', ')', '-', ' ').
The app is currently configured for Australian users, so that Australian numbers not in the E164 format should also work correctly. If the E164 checkbox is selected, telephone numbers with a leading '0' will automatically be sent with a leading '61' (so 04xxxxxxxx will be sent as 614xxxxxxxx). If you try to send to a telephone number with a leading 0 as part of an international dialing code (eg. 0011xxxxxxxxxxx, 011xxxxxxxxx or similar), the leading 0 will be replaced with a '61' and the message may fail. Avoid this by using the E164 format for international numbers.
Future plans include
- user-specified country code (instead of the default Australian '61')
- better integration with the Android system
- more options for user customization
- better handling of non-E164 numbers.
After choosing a Google group you just select the contacts (belonging to this group) which you want to send a personalized message. Furthermore you can use the app to create, update and delete contact groups which will be synchronized with your google account.
Create new templates do define some SMS samples which you may need frequently. Use tags like [name prefix], [given name], [second name], [family name], [nickname] to define personal templates. During the send process these tags will be replaced by the actual name of a contact.
Your recipients receive a personalized SMS and don't have the feeling of just being a member of your mailing list. Circular SMS is not only a tool for Group SMS it's much more a tool for serial letter or form letter or standard letter via SMS.
After sending messages you will get a list to verify which messages are already sent, delivered or failed.
This app requires version Android 2.2 API Level 8 (Froyo) or above.
This app does not need internet but needs the following permissions: SEND_SMS, READ_CONTACTS, WRITE_CONTACTS, , GET_ACCOUNTS, READ_PHONE_STATE
Buy full version of Circular SMS: