This app is interesting... and I like it. One thing that is not working is auto-start after reboot. It is not working on MK908 android usb stick. Nice to have feature is: once it start streaming, it should also email saying the network IP of the android stick. Email can be configured as part of the settings.
Once a connection was established (which took ~30 seconds) kept getting "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" on the source. Warning reappeared every few seconds and the only cure was to reboot. Source: Allwinner A80, Android v.4.4 Remote: Nexus 7, Android v. 5.1.1 Not useful with this bug, which may be specific to my hardware combo. But quite promising if that bug can be fixed.
Doesn't quite work This is just the kind of app I was looking for. I wanted to be able to control another device and see that device's screen from the controlling device. However, it connects and the screen is casted but loses functionality after a few seconds. The sending device is rooted but the controlling device is not. Is this the problem?
Screen capture doesnt work Streaming from rooted s3 to unrooted s5 virtual buttons and touchescreen work but no actual screen is shown. Clicking screen capture method shows a black screen before going back to the apss main screen.
Couldn't get it to accept touch screen inputs - screen updates when I use the tablet itself, but can't interact with it remotely. Using EZPad 830DC as server and Nexus 5 as receiver - also tried on a WIndows 7 desktop - still no inputs would work.
Was able to establish a connection once but couldn't control the device remotely. The app is just really buggy. The one time I was able to successfully see and connect to the other device, I couldn't control it at all. It is also limited to local networks which is really annoying.
- Remote control should work again for all
- New screen capture method add for Android >=5 -> very fast at about 20fps
- New screen capture method added -> should work on all phones now :) Please report to me if you encounter black screen
- Added option to choose between the different screen capture methods (default is automatic choise)
- Added setting for releasing the keyboard -> there was a bug that automatically triggered an escape key event when the keyboard is released