***Latest update (2.4.8): Major ad spamming issue fixed, switched to a different ad provider. As requested by many users, we have also released a completely ad-free pro version of Simple Calendar, get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.calendarpro***
Features and Configuration Options Include:
- Font style and background customization
- Select which application opens on click
- Fonts, colors, text size
- Supports tasks using Dato and GTasks
- How do I place the widget on my homescreen?
Long-press your homescreen, choose "widgets," find "Simple Calendar Widget," and drag it to the homescreen. On most Android 4.0 devices, widgets can be found under the "Widgets" tab in app drawer.
- I can't find Simple Calendar in my widget list!
Try restarting your device.
- How do I resize the widget?
Android 3.0+ supports resizing of widgets by default. For older Android versions this can be done by installing an alternate launcher.
- How do I show the weather forecast on the widget?
On your desktop Google calendar, just add weather. For instructions, search Google for "Weather forecasts in your calendar".
- How do I add holidays, birthdays, or sports schedules?
- Search Google for "Adding interesting dates to Google Calendar" and follow the instructions.
READ CALENDAR: Access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup to SD card
- Synced with Google calendars
- Show calendars from Google, TouchDown & Moto/LG Exchange
- Show tasks from Astrid, TickTick, AnyDo, Tasks (Team), MyPhoneExplorer, Ultimate To-Do List, TaskSync, CalenGoo, DGT Gtd, gTasks, Got To Do, Task Organizer, Due Today, TouchDown, Pocket Informant 2 and 3
- Show birthdays from contact book with plugin (no 'read contacts' permissions required in the main app)
- Can add bi-weekly / bi-monthly events (or more complex)
- Multiples skins (including fully transparent) and widgets sizes to make a fancy widget
- Scrollable widgets with Android 3.x/4.x and with most alternative launchers like ADW, LiveHome, Go Launcher Ex or LauncherPro
- Support Android up to 4.4 (ICS / Ice cream Sandwich / Jelly Bean / KitKat)
- Support Home timezone for travels
A problem ? Please, mail me for support.
To help in translations: http://koxx3.wordpress.com/2010/12/23/translation_is_now_open/
+++ scrollable widget, calendar widget, agenda widget, task widget, widgets +++
Downloaded by more than 1.7 million users!
PLEASE READ THESE DISCLAIMERS:
1. This app has no connection to any calendar like Google Calendar - for now. Please don't rate it badly because it doesn't show your appointments. The widget was never intended for it. Nevertheless, by popular demand, I will introduce a Google Calendar connection, as one of the extensions to the widget.
2. You may need to reboot your device with Android 4.x in order to see this app in the widget list. Although I introduced changes to the app sometime ago to not need this, it remains an issue for some 4.x users (all home screen widgets have to deal with this annoyance).
NEW IN 1.5.5
• Introducing extensions support: These are separate apps that bring additional features to Month Calendar Widget that you can purchase here on Google Play
The first extension is available now: Month Calendar Widget in your lockscreen! (Android 4.2+ required). Dowload it at http://goo.gl/zqXWIl
• Resizing possible with all launchers: Please note that it works only when using the "Stretch widget" option
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET
Just read the introduction screen! Tap the "How to use" button. It appears after downloading the app, if you close it just look for it in the app drawer. If you still can't getting it to work please follow the instructions at http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2013/02/how-to-put-month-calendar-widget-on.html
OK, I GOT IT, I'M USING IT AND I LIKE IT
Perfect! Then you can help me by:
• Spreading the word about the app: Tell your friends about it, specially in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc
• Purchasing one of the extensions: I'm introducing extensions to the widget that you can purchase here on Google Play. The Lockscreen extension is the first, more will come!
• Making a donation: You can do it from the app's Settings screen or from http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/im-accepting-donations.html
Thanks in advance!
If you have problems installing/using the widget, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, drop me an e-mail. I appreciate your feedback. You can reach me also on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD)
Find Month Calendar Widget's source code in GitHub: https://github.com/JoseGD/MonthCalendarWidget
To make it work, you must install the latest version of GO Launcher EX which is the most popular home launcher app in Android Market.
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions
● Available Size: 4x3 2x2 4x4 new 3x3 new
● View month
● View agenda
● Add agenda
● View Chinese Lunar
● View Moon phase
This calendar widget makes most important actions available in just 1 click - right from the widget. I implemented "most-wanted" user suggestions with emphasis on easy to use. Calendar agenda widget functions:
* shows your calendar's agenda right on your home screen
* allows you to set REAL alarm (reminder) on any event
* allows you to select which calendars to display
* works with google, facebok, exchange (business) calendar
* add or edit event is available within 1 click
* beautiful clean design, highly customizable (skins, text sizes & colors, transparency)
This is a simple calendar widget where the month view and today's agenda are combined together. It gives you a good overview of your events at hand in your home screen.
READ THIS FIRST PLEASE: It is NOT a calendar app. It's only a widget. To make it work you should add it on your home screen (like on the screenshots).
• Synced with Google calendars
• Shows markers for dates with events
• Shows today's agenda
• Shows week numbers (optional)
• Opens default calendar app by taping on date
• Beautiful and clean design
• Looks similar to HTC Calendar Widget (from HTC Sense)
This is a full version with 7 days trial period. When the trial period expired, you will be asked to buy a license key. But you can keep using app even after trial period until you decide to buy or not.
The app still in BETA stage and may be not perfectly stable, so if you are getting problems or have any ideas, please let me know at email@example.com.
Don't forget to rate and comment it if you like it :-)
★ Favorite of The Next Web: 12 Best Calendar Apps for Android – Aug 2013
★ “It walks a good line between functionality and appearance.” – The Next Web
★ “DigiCal is one of the most flexible, customizable calendars we’ve used.” - Lifehacker
☁ SYNC WITH ALL CALENDARS
DigiCal is a stylish and user-friendly Android calendar that syncs with all calendar servers that are supported on Android such as Google Calendar, Outlook.com and Exchange.
✪ INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - ANDROID HOLO LIGHT AND DARK THEME
The clean and intuitive user interface is available for smartphones and tablets running Android 2.2+.
✪ 6 POWERFUL AND STYLISH CALENDAR VIEWS
Choose from the day, week, agenda, month, text month and list view in portrait and landscape mode.
✪ 6 BEAUTIFUL AND EASY CUSTOMIZABLE (LOCK SCREEN) WIDGETS
Use our 9 preset themes with live preview to easily customize the list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar widgets.
✈ UNIQUE BUILT-IN LOCATION SEARCH
Adding a location to your appointment has never been easier. Just type in the name of the place (cafe, store, and park) and DigiCal will look up and save the address.
✈ INTEGRATION WITH GOOGLE NOW
Google Now (Android 4.1+) knows where you’ll need to go, if you’ve saved the location. It keeps an eye on the current traffic, plan your route and notify you when you should leave.
✈ IMPROVED NOTIFICATIONS
Our notifications are upgraded with shortcuts for snooze, maps and navigation.
❤ TRANSLATED IN 27 LANGUAGES
☼ FREE WORLDWIDE WEATHER FORECAST
- Worldwide weather forecast available in all the calendar views and widget types.
- Weather forecast for today and the next 2 days.
- Detailed weather info: humidity, precipitation, pressure, cloud cover, wind, sunrise and sunset.
☼ PREMIUM WEATHER FORECAST SUBSCRIPTION (ADD-ON)
- Detailed hourly weather forecast for the next 48 hours, and 3 hourly for the next 15 days.
- Interactive temperature and precipitation graph.
- Easy location management: choose and save your favorite places.
✓ Integrated weather forecast in all calendar views and widget types
✓ 6 powerful calendar views (day, week, agenda, month, text month and list)
✓ 6 beautiful and easy customizable (lock screen) widgets (list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar)
✓ Built-in location search for quickly adding locations to your events
✓ Google Now (Android 4.1+) support, notifying you when it's time to leave by planning your route, checking traffic and calculating your travel time
✓ Improved notifications with shortcuts for snooze, map and navigation
✓ Event pop-up makes it easy to go through your individual events
DIGICAL+ (PAID VERSION) PREMIUM FEATURES
★ Beautiful month and month calendar (lock screen) widget
★ Select which calendars to be displayed on your widgets
★ Extra theme pre-sets and font size pre-sets
★ Configure background colors and transparency using the color picker for the widgets
★ Customize text size and text colors in the widgets
★ Ad free
☎ Do you need help or want to share your feedback with us? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
☺ For tutorials and FAQ, please visit our support page: https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc
� The read contacts permission is required for inviting guests, as without it, we simply cannot provide auto completion for email or guest names, nor display their profile images in events with invitations.”
� For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/1oq9i4C
Big changes to preferences means you cannot update automatically. This is a one time upgrade and will not happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Today is a set of minimal, transparent calendar widgets for Android. It includes both an Agenda view, and a Monthly view for display your events.
Today syncs with your Google Calendar to show your upcoming events in a beautiful list/grid, on both your home screen and your lock screen. Today Calendar widgets support both a Agenda style calendar widget, aswell as a grid styled calendar widget.
Choose which calendars you would like to show, and over what timeframe and Today will handle the rest.
Today is fully resizable, and has both a light and dark theme so it can integrate seamlessly into and home screen layout you're currently using.
If you want to support me and get even more functions like:
* Different widget sizes (4x3, 4x2, 4x1, more to come)
* Scrolling in the events list
* Highlight today events
* Now you can pick calendars to show events from
* Press on the day (top-left corner) to add a new event
* filter out all-day events
* show day of the week in event date
* make background transparent (may require widget reset)
please buy the Clean Calendar Widget Pro version!
If you are getting problems or have an idea, how to improve the app - please let me know at email@example.com
The app is open source. Do you want to contribute to the project? Start by translating the widget to another language. Visit the project at crowdin.net and be part of the next release. :)
* Displays all events from your calendars
* Automatically updates when you add/delete/modify an event
* Select only the calendars you want to see in the widget
* Customize colors of the widget background and texts
* Scroll through the list of upcoming events
* Customize the text size of the widget
* Fully resizable widget
* Indicators for alerts and recurring events
* Supports Android tablets
The widget is completely open source and you can find all the code and graphic elements up on github: https://github.com/plusonelabs/calendar-widget
1. scroll up and down the calendar to switch the month with the real 3D paging effect
2. click on a date to refresh the preview of the missing calls, the unread sms, the events and the pictures of that day
3. double-click on a date to check the events of that day and to add new event
1. This widget must run on the TSF Shell.
TSF Shell download address: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsf.shell
2 Please rate if you like our application. Please kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any query or suggestion on our software.
3.This widget must run on the TSF Shell 2.0+
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
1，read your contacts
Usage: to show contact name of missing calls and unread sms
2，read your text messages
Usage: to show unread sms record
3，read call log
Usage: to show missing call record
4，read calendar events
Usage: to show events
Usage: to show pictures
- Two widgets: agenda view and month view
- Weather info on agenda view
- Customized appearance
- Select calendars to display
- Show your calendar colors
This widget is free, but some configuration options are locked. To unlock, click "upgrade" and you'll be able to buy the premium version via Google Play.
We dislike apps that ask a lot of permissions without justifying them. So here's what we need and why:
Your personal information: To read your calendar events
Network communication and Your location: To show the weather for your location (only your approximate location)
Have fun and join us at https://plus.google.com/communities/100148874755192683155
• Resizable and scrollable.
• Shows number of days/minutes to events.
• Tap on time to launch Clock app.
• Tap on date to open Google Calendar.
• Tap between clock and date to display a month view.
• Shows events on a hours grid.
• Tap and hold on a day to display context menu.
To change a calendar color:
1. Go to http://www.google.com/calendar on your desktop.
2. Select the color in the left sidebar.
To add to the lockscreen (Android 4.2 only):
1. Swipe lockscreen to the left until you see a big [+] icon.
2. Tap on the icon and select 'Neat Calendar'.
3. Tap and hold on the widget and move it to the left of the camera screen.
To add to the home screen:
1. Open widgets list in the app drawer.
2. Tap and hold to place widget on the desktop.
How to display birthdays:
Go to Google Calendar on the web and click on
Other calendars > Browse Interesting Calendars > More > Contacts' birthdays and events > Subscribe.
Then go to Calendar app, tap menu icon and select Calendars to display > Calendars to sync.
! Install widget on internal storage, not SD card, otherwise it will not appear in widgets list.
The widget will show events of the visible calendars in the default calendar app. Change the calendars in the app to change what should be visible in the widget.
The colors at the left of the text shows what calendar the event comes from.
GUI for Customization and choosing calendars is now under development!
More from developer
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
More information & beta releases can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1037817
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users. Some icons are slightly modified ones from the MetroStation Icon-Pack by yankoa (http://yankoa.deviantart.com/)
- not every toggle will work on every device
- some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings
- exclude from task-killers!
- if your device is rooted, you can install the app in /system/app for direct GPS toggle even on Android 2.3+ and more
- the app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
- having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
- please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
- Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
- Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
- Screen timeout dialog
- Wake lock
- Flight mode
- Mobile data
- Flashlight (might require TeslaLED)
- Sync & Sync now
- WiFi- & USB-Tethering
- Music: previous / next / pause
- WiFi settings / advanced settings
- Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
- Mobile data settings
- Data usage
- next Wallpaper (requires WallpaperChanger)
- Lockscreen (requires DelayedLock)
- Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
- own apps & shortcuts
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
MODIFY_PHONE_STATE - mobile data toggling on Android 2.2
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_APN_SETTINGS - fallback method to toggle mobile data on Android 2.x
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
Additionally, you can enable a timer to automatically change your wallpaper on a predefined time.
Images can easily be added to the rotation list by using the Android Gallery app or a file manager like FileExpert.
This app is optimized for battery life & performence, so it might take some seconds to actually change the wallpaper after a click on the widget!
- easily add images or even folders through the Android gallery & other file managers
- change wallpaper with a timer, on each lockscreen unlock or through a customizable widget
- 3 widgets: change to next wallpaper in rotation list, select the wallpaper you want to see or change the album with one click
- ordered rotation or random wallpaper
- very low memory and battery consumption
- no ads
Notice an increase in mobile data usage while using the app? The app itself has no INTERNET permission and therefore does not download or upload anything. However, when using the Android backup feature, the system might upload your wallpaper everytime it changes. In this case, please use the live wallpaper provided with the app to avoid that.
The current Android versions do not provide any API to change the lockscreen wallpaper. It depends on your ROM if your lockscreen wallpaper also changes when the home screen wallpaper changes.
SET_WALLPAPER - no comment
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - needed to start auto rotation after reboot
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed to save cropped wallpapers & widget images
BILLING - for in-app buying of premium features
This is a plugin for Delayed Lock which automatically disables the pattern, PIN or password lockscreen when connected to a specific Wifi network so you don't have to unlock the security lockscreens while your device is at home or at work.
This plugin can also automatically disable the wifi radio on your device when you're not connected to any wifi network to save battery.
If there is no wifi network at the desired location, you should take a look at the "Delayed Lock location plugin" which disables the lock depending on your current location (using cell network).
Pleas note that for security reasons the app won't automatically unlock the device if it's near your wifi network. You need to unlock it manually once, then it will stay unlocked as long as you're connected.
Therefore I made another small app, called Vibration Notifier which does the following:
When you have a missed call, unread SMS or any other event*, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.
If you think the app doesn't work on your device: That's very, very unlikly. Please click on the question mark icon in the app to see common issues and how they can be resolved. DO NOT GIVE BAD REVIEWS IF DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE APP DOES!!
Please note that the app does not change the vibration setting of the other apps, it will only do additional vibrations/beeps if you don't turn on your display before!
* all apps which notify you about new events by showing a notification in the Android status bar are supported, like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, Twitter, facebook,...
To be noticed about events from other apps, you need to add the app in the accessibility settings. I can understand that some people are scared by the "the app can read all your personal information" warning, but I guarantee that the app does not read any personal data. The app doesn't have the internet-permission - so even if it would collect your personal information (which it doesnt) it wouldnt be able to send them to anyone.
Silent hours: Please note that when you set up a silent hours interval in the app, only Vibration Notifier itself won't vibrate or beep. It does not mute other apps so if you receive a new mail, your GMail app might still beep!
Having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
VIBRATE - obviously necessary to enable the "vibrate every X min" feature
READ_PHONE_STATE - needed to detect missed calls
RECEIVE_SMS & READ_SMS - needed to detect unread SMS
WAKE_LOCK - seems like this is needed on some device to avoid infinite vibrating
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS - needed to differentiate between missed & rejected calls
READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER & GET_ACCOUNTS - necessary for new method to get unread GMails
Notification Toggle app is needed for this app to run!
Why do I need an extra app to download icons?
I made it this way because Notification Toggle needs a lot of permissions and I didn't want to also request the INTERNET permission for all users.
How do I use "Icon Downloader"?
This app provides an easy way to browser through some alternative icons and to download them with the Android Download Manager which is available since Android 2.3+
After downloading an icon, it will show up in the Gallery app. So just go into Notification Toggle settings, click on "Icons & Colors" and click on the icon you want to change. Then open the Gallery app and select the downloaded icon. That's it!
Do I really need "Icon Downloader"?
You can also directly browse our icon website ( http://tinyurl.com/nt-icons ) and download the icons, but it is way more comfortable using the "Icon downloader". Also when using the website to download the icons, your Gallery app might not update automatically, so you need to reboot your device to make the icons show up in the Gallery.
android.permission.INTERNET - access the icon database
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - save icons on the SD card
This app moves apps from and to the /system/app folder, making them a system app or a user app. System apps can get more priviledges, so some apps (like my "Notification Toggle") get more functionality when installed as a system app.
On the other hand, system apps can not be uninstalled. So this app can also be used to convert system apps to normal user apps by moving them from the /system/app directory to /data/app directory.
WARNING: Uninstalling important system apps might result in a unusable device! Use this function at your own risk and only if you know what you're doing! I won't give any kind of support if something goes wrong - don't install this app if you're not okay with that.
Paid apps can not be moved! Since Android JellyBean, paid apps are encrypted and therefore can not be moved!
Apps which are moved to SD card need to be moved back to internal memory before being able to move them to /system/app!
The app might not work on custom ROMs!
This app requires a rooted device with BusyBox installed. Don't install this app if you don't know what that means!
Make a backup before moving files! Not every app will work when moved to a different location!
This app uses the RootTools Project (http://code.google.com/p/roottools) library.
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/SystemAppMover
This is only a workaround for users who already have bought the "old" paid app so they don't have to pay again for a license.
If you are a new user: Please install "Delayed Lock" instead and buy the license through the in-app purchase option: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2.trial
For users who have already paid for this app: Please install "Delayed Lock" and this unlocking app. "Delayed Lock" should accept this app as a valid license so you don't have to pay again.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but it has become really difficult to maintain both the paid and the free version of the app. If you have any issues or questions regarding the new license model, feel free to contact me.
This app puts your upcoming appointments directly on your lockscreen! It works on every lockscreen, that normally displays the next upcoming alarm, like all standard Android lockscreens. Samsung and HTC Sense lockscreen aren't such ones - nothing I can do about that until Samsung & HTC implement this standard feature in their modified lockscreens.
You need to press "update" at least once to make the app load your calendar and set the text on the lockscreen.
If you want the time of the events to be shown, change the date format in the app's settings (HH:mm for example).
If you have any questions: Don't post them in the comments as I can't respond to them. Write me an eMail instead.
Again: DOES NOT WORK ON SAMSUNG, HTC OR OTHER MODIFIED LOCKSCREENS!! Only stock AOSP Android!!
Feature graphic icon: © spiderflystudios.com
App icon: © aboutpixel.de Bernd Boscolo
android.permission.READ_CALENDAR - needed to read the calendar
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS - needed to write on the lockscreen
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - needed to start refresh timer after boot
Not using any pattern-, PIN- or password-lock is a huge security problem, but reentering your PIN code a hundred times a day can also be annoying.
Delayed Lock is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your device, it will turn the lock screen off for a user defined amount of time. You can turn your phone off and on as often as you want without entering your password/PIN/pattern again. After a certain time, it will automatically reactivate your lockscreen, so no stranger can unlock your device and access your private data.
Additionally, there is also an optional notification in the Android status bar and a widget to immediately reenable the lock screen, and free plugins to automatically keep the device unlocked while connected to a specific WiFi network / Bluetooth device or at certain locations.
- does not work if your Exchange policy requires a PIN!
- pattern lock & FaceUnlock require root on Android 4.0+
- does not work on all devices, see section Device incompatibility
- requires root if full device encryption is enabled
- Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
- No lockscreen while connected to certain WiFi network or Bluetooth devices
- Time delay since "Screen off" or since "Last unlock"
- Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
- Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
- Free plugins: Disable lockscreen while at certain locations or use the Tasker app to control the lockscreen
- automatically wipe the device after several failed unlocks
- auto disable USB-debugging on rooted devices (on 4.0 - 4.2.1, not necessary on 4.2.2+)
- Use the "uninstall" menu option from within the app to uninstall it
- Incompatible with NoLED, No Lock & some other apps
- Samsung Droid Charge: Works on some device, but not all
- Samsung Galaxy S4 & Note 3 & possible other Samsung devices with Android 4.3+: Pattern lock currently doesn't work
- Some HTC devices: Pattern lock might not work
I do not guarantee that your device's data is unaccessible and will not be responsible for any damage you or your company may get because of an unlocked device. Please check if the usage of the app is compatible with the security policy of your company.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - for pattern lock on Android 4.0+
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.BLUETOOTH - to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD - fallback method to disable the lockscreen
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - for custom widget icons
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to lock after boot
android.permission.VIBRATE - for the "vibrate when locking" feature
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - for the "Wake to lock" feature
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - custom widget icons
android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - toggle pattern lock & usb debugging on some Android versions
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS - necessary for "screen off" widget in some scenarios
com.android.vending.BILLING - license validation
This app is designed to be running all the time without having any impact on your battery life! It uses the hardware step detection sensor of the Nexus 5, which is already running even when not using any pedometer app. Therefore the app does not consume any additional battery drain. Unlike other pedometer apps, this app does not track your movement or your location so it doesn't need to turn on your GPS sensor (again: no impact on your battery).
Sign in with your Google+ account to unlock achievements and compete with others in the leaderboards!
The app also provides a DashClock extension and a widget is on its way.
- Achievements are granted the day after meeting the requirements
- I can not implement Pebble support at the time as Pebble is still unable to ship their product to Germany
Pedometer is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/Pedometer
Pedometer uses the 'HoloGraphLibrary' by Daniel Nadeau (https://bitbucket.org/danielnadeau/holographlibrary/wiki/Home)
It is designed to be used with WiFi-only* tablets - these devices normally don't require a constant internet connection if you're not using them and turning WiFi off can save a lot of battery power.
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the the tablet.
This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.
* if your device has a cell radio, it might switch to 2G/3G which may consume more power then staying on WiFi
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Auto-Off
Full version is available through an in-app purchase for only 0.99 EUR / 1.49 USD
Lucid - DayDream Screensaver is the ultimate screensaver app for your Android device!
Lucid automatically starts when you put your device in the dock or when you charge it. The app is very customizable and comes with a lot of functionallity, like:
Clock: Show the current time & date and can also show...
... battery level
... unread GMails
... new SMS texts
... missed calls
... next alarm
RSS view: flips through new events from your RSS feeds
Slideshow view: start a slideshow with images from your device as well as from the Picasa webservice
On Android 4.2+ you need to enable the "DayDream" in the Android display settings to use & configure the app!
You can use the identifiers here http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html to change the time and date format
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - weather information
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE & INTERNET - downloading RSS feed/weather/slideshow images
CAMERA - turn camera flashlight on
GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS - load RSS feeds from Google account
READ_CALENDAR - upcoming events
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS & READ_PHONE_STATE - missed calls
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - load custom fonts
READ_SMS & RECEIVE_SMS - unread SMS
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cache RSS feeds
If you lost your phone, you can prevent others from accessing your private data by simply sending a SMS to your phone.
This is just a plugin and requires the 'Delayed Lock' app version 2.0.8 or newer to run!!
To configure the plugin, open Delayed Lock and scroll down to the plugins section.
* the app just looks for SMS - no MMS, no Google Voice SMS, no Whatsapp or whatsoever
You can also specifiy locations where you don't want to delay your lockscreen so the device locks immediately when turning the display off.
This is just a plugin and requires the 'Delayed Lock' app version 2.0.8 or newer to run!!
This plugin does not use the GPS sensor for better battery usage - it might not be very accurate!
Due to requiring the INTERNET and LOCATION permissions, this functionality is not part of the main app but available as a plugin.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - start location listener after boot
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - needed for positioning via cell network
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - needed for positioning via wifi networks
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - needed to enable wifi state when entering a location (optional feature)
INTERNET & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed for Google Maps
Do NOT install this app if you're not using Delayed Lock or if you're not rooted!!
Advantages when installing the helper app:
* Required for using pattern lock on Android 4.0.x
* Automatically disable/enable USB-Debugging depending on the lock state
Installing the helper app:
* Make sure you use Delayed Lock version 2.9 or newer
* Start the helper app and grant root access. The app will now move itself to /system/app folder, you need to reboot once the operation is complete
Uninstalling the helper app:
You need to move the helper app back to /data/app folder to be able to uninstall it. You can use the "/system/app mover" app, Titanium Backup Pro and many file explorers to do so
Then you should try "Simple Search Widget"! It looks like the standard Android 4.0 search widget, but you can change the search provider to any site you want: Wikipedia, Google, Bing, Amazon or anything* else!
- Changable search provider
- Type directly in the widget, no need to open another app
- Looks like the standard search widget
- Dark, white or none border
- Text color changeable
- Default text changeable
- Resizable widget
- No scary permissions
* currently only sites, which put the search word at the end of the URL are supported, like Wikipedia, Google and many more. Other sites will be supported in an upcoming version
This widget currently works only with Android 3.0+
You can get a beta version for Android 2.x on the xda forums here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1627850