This is a simple calendar widget where the month view and today's agenda are combined together. It gives you a good overview of your events at hand in your home screen.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a trial version with NO TIME LIMIT. After 7 days, you will be asked to buy the license key to unlock more options and support further development. But you could continue use this app for free as long as you want until you decide to buy it or not.
ALSO NOTE: It is NOT a calendar app. It's only a widget. To make it work you should add it on your home screen (like on the screenshots).
• Synced with Google calendars
• Shows markers for dates with events
• Shows today's agenda
• Shows week numbers (optional)
• Opens default calendar app by taping on date
• Beautiful and clean design
• Looks similar to HTC Calendar Widget (from HTC Sense)
The app still in BETA stage and may be not perfectly stable, so if you are getting problems or have any ideas, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to rate and comment it if you like it :-)
The app is open source. Do you want to contribute to the project? Start by translating the widget to another language. Visit the project at crowdin.net and be part of the next release. :)
* Displays all events from your calendars
* Automatically updates when you add/delete/modify an event
* Select only the calendars you want to see in the widget
* Customize colors of the widget background and texts
* Scroll through the list of upcoming events
* Customize the text size of the widget
* Fully resizable widget
* Indicators for alerts and recurring events
* Supports Android tablets
The widget is completely open source and you can find all the code and graphic elements up on github: https://github.com/plusonelabs/calendar-widget
• A new Schedule View - See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• Assists to fill in your calendar - You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
• All your calendars in one, easy place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange.
***Latest update (2.4.8): Major ad spamming issue fixed, switched to a different ad provider. As requested by many users, we have also released a completely ad-free pro version of Simple Calendar, get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.calendarpro***
Features and Configuration Options Include:
- Font style and background customization
- Select which application opens on click
- Fonts, colors, text size
- Supports tasks using Dato and GTasks
- How do I place the widget on my homescreen?
Long-press your homescreen, choose "widgets," find "Simple Calendar Widget," and drag it to the homescreen. On most Android 4.0 devices, widgets can be found under the "Widgets" tab in app drawer.
- I can't find Simple Calendar in my widget list!
Try restarting your device.
- How do I resize the widget?
Android 3.0+ supports resizing of widgets by default. For older Android versions this can be done by installing an alternate launcher.
- How do I show the weather forecast on the widget?
On your desktop Google calendar, just add weather. For instructions, search Google for "Weather forecasts in your calendar".
- How do I add holidays, birthdays, or sports schedules?
- Search Google for "Adding interesting dates to Google Calendar" and follow the instructions.
READ CALENDAR: Access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup to SD card
NEW IN 1.7.1:
Lockscreen extension users will find the widget in the list again
Link to extension apps in the Play Store fixed
BEFORE DOWNLOADING, PLEASE READ THIS:
• The calendar in Month Calendar Widget (MCW) is a home screen widget. The screen you'll see when opening the app is not the calendar, it's an introduction screen that tries to explain how to put the widget to work (more details below)
• MCW has been published here for more than 3 years. Its main purpose was always to provide a simple way to check dates on the home screen. It was never meant to be a calendar app to manage events. And it's free, and will always be (this is a rule enforced by Google).
• Since many people asked for events management, I have published the Calendar Events extension (a paid app). The reason it's a separate download is twofold: 1. People who want a lightweight calendar don't get overwhelmed by features they don't need 2. Making it a paid app helps me justify dedicating effort to continue publishing apps here in the Play Store
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET
First of all, don't try to "open" this calendar. It's a home screen widget, widgets work right on the Android home screen after you place them there. This is the way clock and weather widgets work, for example.
The introduction screen has more information. Just tap the "Get started" button to learn more.
In case you have problems putting MCW to work, please visit the new Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105494419095577561767
OK, I GOT IT, I'M USING IT AND I LIKE IT
Perfect! Then you can help me by:
• Spreading the word about the app: Tell your friends about it, specially in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc
• Writing a review here: Write a nice review here and 5-star this app ;) (just kidding, be honest about the rating)
• Purchasing one of the extensions: You can purchase here on Google Play a Lockscreen extension and now a Calendar Events extension
• Making a donation: You can do it from the app's Settings screen or from http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/im-accepting-donations.html
Thanks in advance!
If you have problems installing/using the widget, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, join the Google+ community or drop me an e-mail. I appreciate your feedback. I speak Spanish, English and Portuguese, and usually respond within 24 business hours.
You can reach me also on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD)
Find Month Calendar Widget's source code in GitHub: https://github.com/JoseGD/MonthCalendarWidget
★ Favorite of The Next Web: 12 Best Calendar Apps for Android – Aug 2013
★ “It walks a good line between functionality and appearance.” – The Next Web
★ “DigiCal is one of the most flexible, customizable calendars we’ve used.” - Lifehacker
☁ SYNC WITH ALL CALENDARS
DigiCal is a stylish and user-friendly Android calendar that syncs with all calendar servers that are supported on Android such as Google Calendar, Outlook.com and Exchange.
✪ INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE - ANDROID HOLO LIGHT AND DARK THEME
The clean and intuitive user interface is available for smartphones and tablets running Android 2.2+.
✪ 6 POWERFUL AND STYLISH CALENDAR VIEWS
Choose from the day, week, agenda, month, text month and list view in portrait and landscape mode.
✪ 6 BEAUTIFUL AND EASY CUSTOMIZABLE (LOCK SCREEN) WIDGETS
Use our 9 preset themes with live preview to easily customize the list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar widgets.
✈ UNIQUE BUILT-IN LOCATION SEARCH
Adding a location to your appointment has never been easier. Just type in the name of the place (cafe, store, and park) and DigiCal will look up and save the address.
✈ INTEGRATION WITH GOOGLE NOW
Google Now (Android 4.1+) knows where you’ll need to go, if you’ve saved the location. It keeps an eye on the current traffic, plan your route and notify you when you should leave.
✈ IMPROVED NOTIFICATIONS
Our notifications are upgraded with shortcuts for snooze, maps and navigation.
❤ TRANSLATED IN 27 LANGUAGES
☼ FREE WORLDWIDE WEATHER FORECAST
- Worldwide weather forecast available in all the calendar views and widget types.
- Weather forecast for today and the next 2 days.
- Detailed weather info: humidity, precipitation, pressure, cloud cover, wind, sunrise and sunset.
☼ PREMIUM WEATHER FORECAST SUBSCRIPTION (ADD-ON)
- Detailed hourly weather forecast for the next 48 hours, and 3 hourly for the next 15 days.
- Interactive temperature and precipitation graph.
- Easy location management: choose and save your favorite places.
✓ Integrated weather forecast in all calendar views and widget types
✓ 6 powerful calendar views (day, week, agenda, month, text month and list)
✓ 6 beautiful and easy customizable (lock screen) widgets (list, grid, day, day list, month and month calendar)
✓ Built-in location search for quickly adding locations to your events
✓ Google Now (Android 4.1+) support, notifying you when it's time to leave by planning your route, checking traffic and calculating your travel time
✓ Improved notifications with shortcuts for snooze, map and navigation
✓ Event pop-up makes it easy to go through your individual events
DIGICAL+ (PAID VERSION) PREMIUM FEATURES
★ Beautiful month and month calendar (lock screen) widget
★ Select which calendars to be displayed on your widgets
★ Extra theme pre-sets and font size pre-sets
★ Configure background colors and transparency using the color picker for the widgets
★ Customize text size and text colors in the widgets
★ Ad free
☎ Do you need help or want to share your feedback with us? Feel free to contact us via our submit form https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
☺ For tutorials and FAQ, please visit our support page: https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc
� The read contacts permission is required for inviting guests, as without it, we simply cannot provide auto completion for email or guest names, nor display their profile images in events with invitations.”
� For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/1oq9i4C
* two widgets: Agenda view and Calendar view
* lock screen widgets
* resizable widgets
* beautiful clean design, highly customizable (skins, text sizes & colors, transparency)
* CUSTOM REMINDERS - you can set REAL alarm (reminder) on any event
* works with google, facebok, exchange (business) calendar
* add or edit event is available within 1 click
To make it work, you must install the latest version of GO Launcher EX which is the most popular home launcher app in Android Market.
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions
● Available Size: 4x3 2x2 4x4 new 3x3 new
● View month
● View agenda
● Add agenda
● View Chinese Lunar
● View Moon phase
Calendar Widgets provides you with the following features:
- Intuitive design and usability
- Beautiful design and themes(default, modern, darkness, translucent, etc)
- Various widget size support
- Compatible with other calendar apps (you can launch another calendar app from Calendar Widgets)
- Synchronizes with the default android calendar app
- Reads calendar appointments from the default android calendar app
- Supports visibility of declined events
- Supports visibility of week number
- Supports week start day option
and many more features are coming.
Simply drag and drop one of the widgets on home screen and enjoy world class calendar widget!
● Beautiful widgets with over 70 hand-crafted themes.
● Integrate seamlessly into any home screen layout you're currently using.
● Synced with Google calendar.
● Display calendar events.
● Display friend's birthdays.
● Supports lunar calendar.
● Quickly browse your agenda / todo list from widget.
● Choose which calendars you would like to show.
● Fast, modern and intuitive UI with Material design.
♥ Made with love ♥
What you get
- Agenda widget, with a list of your events grouped by day;
- Calendar widget, with a (resizable) month view;
- Weather forecast for up to 5 days on the agenda widget;
- Extensive customization: you can change the background and font colors, the font type and its density, customize the header, etc;
- Preset themes, with nice defaults for colors, fonts and other options;
- Select which calendar events to display;
- And more.
This widget is free, but some configuration options are locked. To unlock, click "upgrade" and you'll be able to buy the premium version via Google Play.
We dislike apps that ask a lot of permissions without justifying them. So here's what we need and why:
Your personal information: To read your calendar events
Network communication and Your location: To show the weather for your location (only your approximate location)
Have fun and join us at https://plus.google.com/communities/100148874755192683155
✓ Allow multiple widgets with different month.
✓ Tap the left or right arrow to advance to previous or next month.
✓ Tap the month label to reset back to current month.
✓ Resizable widget to fit your screen layout.
✓ 2 themes to work with different contrast on home screen.
✓ Localization for different locale.
✓ Option to set Sunday or Monday as starting day of the week.
✓ View calendar or create an event on date click
✓ No application permission required.
✓ Free and no ads.
The settings can be found by launching the application.
If you have any question or feedback, please send email to email@example.com.
Officially released the paid version of the premium service. Jorte Premium service now includes unlimited download of featured premium contents and passcode lock also two new features: A storage function to save photos in the cloud and the ability to hide ads on the side menu.
With over 25 million downloads Jorte is one of the most popular calendar&organizer applications.
We have spent all of our time and effort into making the application look as close to a real personal organizer as possible. Enjoy this highly customizable app, you cannot find an application which has as many functions as Jorte.
For personal use or for business Jorte will assist you to manage your daily schedule thoroughly.
o Side Menu - Inside the Side Menu you can decide what to show like Today's Events, diary, tasks, etc.
o Count Down Feature - See how many days are left for an event on the calendar.
o Now supporting a diary feature. We have also added a function to include photos in the events (diary).
o Jorte Cloud: feature for multi-device syncing and backup.
o Display Lunar Calendar.
o Various widgets are available.
o Monthly, Daily, and Weekly views are available.
o Important appointments are shown in red.
o See completed appointments at a glance.
o Adjust the first day of the week.
o Import and Export the contents to CSV format.
o It can synchronize with Google Calendar and Jorte Cloud on the PC.
* It can also synchronize your events in Yahoo! Calendar, Microsoft® Exchange, Facebook and more by using Jorte Sync (Free).
* Please check here for the latest information:
= Event Calendars (Free) =
With this function, you can add many calendars containing events related to your interests like weather, news, sports, and much more.
- Some examples
o Weather Forecast (Global) (*http://goo.gl/Qv0zML) / News / Food Recipes.
o Professional Sports: Four major leagues in the USA available [MLB-NBA-NFL-NHL] / Soccer.
* There are many more event calendars available as well.
= Jorte Cloud (Free) =
Sync Jorte Calendar, entries, and Tasks to Jorte Cloud. * (It can also be used from your smartphonehttp://jorte.net/)
You can access Jorte Cloud from home, office, and anywhere else from a PC, smartphone or tablet with internet access. It even works as a backup of your schedules and task lists.
Sign-up to get a free Jorte Cloud Account and start taking advantage of the cloud experience!
= Jorte Store =
You can purchase icons and backgrounds images to use in Jorte Calendar. Download contents that are free or paid and start customizing your calendar!
Daily calendars are also available, with this function a new image will be updated daily for the current day.
- Daily Contents
o HJ-Story © HJ-Story
o THE DOG - Daily Calendar © artlist
- Character Contents
o Hello Kitty (*http://goo.gl/ySh6Ys)-My Melody-Little Twin Stars ©'76,'14 SANRIO APPR.NO.S550459
* There are many more contents available at the Jorte Store.
The screen display will automatically adjust to any screen size, whether on smartphone or on tablet, as well as portrait or landscape mode.
The widget will show events of the visible calendars in the default calendar app. Change the calendars in the app to change what should be visible in the widget.
The colors at the left of the text shows what calendar the event comes from.
GUI for Customization and choosing calendars is now under development!
Also Calendar + provides quick add feature which enables users to add a new event in the blink of an eye. With Calendar + you can add a new event with text or with voice. Our natural language parsing engine understands various date/time formats and makes adding a new event easier than ever before. You can also:
- Add a new event with voice input
- Add a new event through text
- Create, edit, and delete events
- Attach and see event-related photos
- Attach and see event-related map
- Switch week start day while viewing events
- Switch current custom view settings while viewing events
- Get notified of events ahead of time
- Send an email to all invited guests
- View events through various home widgets
- Change event timezone when traveling
- See daily events count through agenda view
- Filter calendars to display while viewing events
- Search events by event title
- See recently searched location on map view
- Set default calendar to add a new event (on quick add view and all edit views)
- Hide declined events
- Set up notifications & reminders settings (popup, sound, vibration setting)
- Set up default reminder time
- Add a new google calendar account
- Long-press a date or a time and quickly add new event
- See event title and location on a monthly/weekly/biweekly/3-week/4-week calendar
- Specify various recurrence rules such as "every 3 months on day 15, 5 times" etc.
- Tap a date on home widget and view event information or add a new event
and much more...
• Resizable and scrollable.
• Shows number of days/minutes to events.
• Tap on time to launch Clock app.
• Tap on date to open Google Calendar.
• Tap between clock and date to display a month view.
• Shows events on a hours grid.
• Tap and hold on a day to display context menu.
To change a calendar color:
1. Go to http://www.google.com/calendar on your desktop.
2. Select the color in the left sidebar.
To add to the lockscreen (Android 4.2 only):
1. Swipe lockscreen to the left until you see a big [+] icon.
2. Tap on the icon and select 'Neat Calendar'.
3. Tap and hold on the widget and move it to the left of the camera screen.
To add to the home screen:
1. Open widgets list in the app drawer.
2. Tap and hold to place widget on the desktop.
How to display birthdays:
Go to Google Calendar on the web and click on
Other calendars > Browse Interesting Calendars > More > Contacts' birthdays and events > Subscribe.
Then go to Calendar app, tap menu icon and select Calendars to display > Calendars to sync.
Additionally, you can enable a timer to automatically change your wallpaper on a predefined time.
This app is optimized for battery life & performence, so it might take some seconds to actually change the wallpaper after a click on the widget!
• Easily add images or whole folders
• Change wallpaper with a timer, on each lockscreen unlock, through a customizable widget or based on different rules
• Widgets: change to next wallpaper in rotation list, select the wallpaper you want to see or change the album* with one click
• Ordered rotation or random list
• Very low battery consumption
• No ads
• Muzei integration
* Organizing your images in different albums requires purchasing the "albums feature" through an in-app payment (0.99 EUR, 1.49 USD)
SET_WALLPAPER - for the non-livewallpaper mode
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - needed to start auto rotation after reboot
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed to save cropped wallpapers & widget images
BILLING - for in-app buying of premium Features (0.99 EUR, 1.49 USD)
The following permissions are required for the location based rules on Android 2.3 and newer:
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
Now with Android Wear integration! Select which toggles you want to see on your Wear smartwatch and say "Start Notification Toggle" to switch your phone to silent, lock it, turn on the flashlight...
• Not every toggle will work on every device
• Some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the Android settings
• Exclude from task-killers!
• Some toggles require root access
• The app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
• Please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
• Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
• Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
• Screen timeout dialog
• Wake lock
• Flight mode
• Mobile data
• Flashlight (might require "TeslaLED" app)
• Sync & Sync now
• WiFi- & USB-Tethering
• Music: previous / next / pause
• WiFi settings / advanced settings
• Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
• Mobile data settings
• Data usage
• next Wallpaper (requires "Wallpaper Changer" app)
• Lockscreen (requires "Delayed Lock" app)
• Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
• own apps & shortcuts (shortcuts feature requires an in-app purchase)
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users.
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - direct GPS toggle on rooted devices
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
NFC - toggle NFC
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
If you don't know what "root" means, don't install this app!
This app moves apps from and to the /system/app folder, making them a system app or a user app. System apps can get more priviledges, so some apps get more functionality when installed as a system app.
On the other hand, system apps can not be uninstalled. So this app can also be used to convert system apps to normal user apps by moving them from the /system/app directory to /data/app directory.
WARNING: Uninstalling important system apps might result in a unusable device! Use this function at your own risk and only if you know what you're doing! Make a NANDroid backup first! I won't give any kind of support if something goes wrong - don't install this app if you're not okay with that.
Paid apps can not be moved! Since Android JellyBean, paid apps are encrypted and therefore can not be moved!
Apps which are moved to SD card need to be moved back to internal memory before being able to move them to /system/app!
The app might not work on custom ROMs!
This app requires a rooted device with BusyBox installed. Don't install this app if you don't know what that means!
Make a backup before moving files! Not every app will work when moved to a different location!
This app uses the RootTools Project (http://code.google.com/p/roottools) library.
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/SystemAppMover
Just click on the map to add different points - Maps Measure will then calculate the distance, area or elevation* between those points.
This app does not calculate a route or something like that - it's not a navigation or route planning app.
Swipe in from the left side to access more options, long-click on the trash icon to delete all set points.
• Measure distances, areas & elevations*
• Imperial & metric units
• Map, hybrid-satellite & terrain view
• No ads
• Minimum permissions & open source
• Holo-themed with support for translucent system decor on Android 4.4
*the elevations feature requires an in-app purchase (0.99 EUR, 1.49 USD)
INTERNET & ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - showing the map and getting altitude data
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - caching map data
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION & ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - displaying your current location on the map
BILLING - upgrade to the pro-version through an in-app purchase
The app does not show any ads or collects any of your data.
The app is open source and listed on GitHub: https://github.com/j4velin/MapsMeasure
Vibration Notifier offers a solution to this scenario: When you have a missed call, unread SMS or any other event*, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.
Troubleshooting: The app won't beep if your device is set to silent mode etc. Please note that the app does not change the vibration setting of the other apps, it will only do additional vibrations/beeps if you don't turn on your display before!
An optional feature is available as an in-app purchase (0.99 EUR) with which you'll get these repeating vibrations on your Android Wear smartwatch!
* all apps which notify you about new events by showing a notification in the Android status bar are supported, like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, Twitter, facebook, etc. Note that this require access to your notification bar
Silent hours: Please note that when you set up a silent hours interval in the app, only Vibration Notifier itself won't vibrate or beep. It does not mute other apps so if you receive a new mail, your Gmail app might still beep!
VIBRATE - obviously necessary to enable the "vibrate every X min" feature
READ_PHONE_STATE - needed to detect missed calls & Android Wear
RECEIVE_SMS & READ_SMS - needed to detect unread SMS
WAKE_LOCK - seems like this is needed on some device to avoid infinite vibrating
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS - needed to differentiate between missed & rejected calls
READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER & GET_ACCOUNTS - necessary for new method to get unread Gmails
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Android Wear communication
Full version is available through an in-app purchase for only 0.99 EUR / 1.49 USD
Lucid automatically starts when you put your device in the dock or when you charge it. The app is very customizable and comes with a lot of functionallity, like:
Clock: Show the current time & date and can also show...
... battery level
... unread GMails
... new SMS texts
... missed calls
... next alarm
... many more information from most DashClock extensions
RSS view: flips through new events from your RSS feeds
Slideshow view: start a slideshow with images from your device
On Android 4.2+ you need to enable the "DayDream" in the Android display settings to use & configure the app! Note that the system won't start the daydream if you're display is kept awake! Make sure to disable the "Keep awake while charging" option in the Android developer settings (if you have enabled that before). On Samsung devices, make sure to disable the "keep display on while eye contact is detected" option (or how they call that)
You can use the identifiers here http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html to change the time and date format
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - show weather information
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE & INTERNET - downloading RSS feed/weather/slideshow images
CAMERA - turn camera flashlight on
GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS - load RSS feeds from Google account
READ_CALENDAR - display upcoming events
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS & READ_PHONE_STATE - show number of missed calls
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - load custom fonts
READ_SMS & RECEIVE_SMS - display unread SMS count
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cache RSS feeds
It is designed to be used with WiFi-only* tablets - these devices normally don't require a constant internet connection if you're not using them and turning WiFi off can save a lot of battery power.
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. Also, the app can regularly scan for available networks to connect to and re-disable WiFi if no suitable network is found. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the device.
This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.
* if your device has a cell radio, it might switch to 2G/3G/4G which may consume more power then staying on WiFi
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Automatic
Due to a bug in Lollipop, the apps functionality on Android 5.0.x is limited and might not work on every device!
Not using any pattern-, PIN- or password lock is a huge security problem, but reentering your PIN code a hundred times a day to unlock your lockscreen can also be annoying.
Delayed Lock is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your device, it will turn the secure lock screen off for a user defined amount of time or while you're connected to a certain WiFi network or Bluetooth device, just as the "personal unlocking" feature from the upcoming Android version! You can turn your phone off and on as often as you want without entering your password/PIN/pattern again. After the defined delay time, it will automatically reactivate your lockscreen, so no stranger can unlock your device and access your private data.
Additionally, there is also an optional notification in the Android status bar and a widget to immediately reenable the lock screen, and free plugins to automatically keep the device unlocked while at certain locations or to control the lockscreen through the Tasker app.
• Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
• No lockscreen while connected to certain WiFi network or Bluetooth devices
• Time delay since "Screen off" or since "Last unlock"
• Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
• Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
• Free plugins: Disable lockscreen while at certain locations or use the Tasker app to control the lockscreen
• automatically wipe the device after several failed unlocks
• Android Wear integration
• Does not work if your Exchange policy requires a PIN, if you setup a VPN in the Android settings or if you have installed any custom certificates (might work if your device is rooted though)
• Pattern lock & FaceUnlock require root on Android 4.0+
• Does not work on all devices, see section Device incompatibility
• Requires root if full device encryption is enabled
• Incompatible with NoLED, No Lock & some other apps
• Please use the "Uninstall" option from within the app to uninstall it
• Some HTC devices: Pattern lock might not work
• Some Samung devices: Notification bar might be accessable even in locked state
• Samsung devices with Android 4.4: User reported that after 3 days, the device does not accept the PIN/password any more. Make sure you enable the "Android Device Manager" to remotely change your password in case this happens! Also try to disable the fingerprint feature before setting up Delayed Lock
• Sony devices: Disable Stamina or at least whitelist the app there
I do not guarantee that your device's data is unaccessible and will not be responsible for any damage you or your company may get because of an unlocked device. Please check if the usage of the app is compatible with the security policy of your company.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - for pattern lock on Android 4.0+
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
BLUETOOTH & BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
DISABLE_KEYGUARD - fallback method to disable the lockscreen
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - for custom widget icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to lock after boot
VIBRATE - for the "vibrate when locking" feature
WAKE_LOCK - for the "Wake to lock" feature
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - toggle pattern lock & usb debugging on some Android versions
WRITE_SETTINGS - necessary for "screen off" widget in some scenarios
BILLING - license validation
This app is designed to be running all the time without having any impact on your battery life! It uses the hardware step detection sensor of the Nexus 5, which is already running even when not using any pedometer app. Therefore the app does not consume any additional battery drain. Unlike other pedometer apps, this app does not track your movement or your location so it doesn't need to turn on your GPS sensor (again: no impact on your battery).
Sign in with your Google+ account to unlock achievements and compete with others in the leaderboards!
The app also provides a DashClock extension, a widget and a notification to show your progress.
• Do not use any task killer if you want the app to work
• Achievements are granted the day after meeting the requirements
Pedometer is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/Pedometer
Pedometer uses the 'EazeGraph' library by Paul Cech and 'ColorPickerPreference' by Sergey Margaritov
• 2-Player standard mode - normal chess game
• 2-Player extended mode - extended board, each player has 32 pieces
• 4-Player team mode - each player has the standard 16 pieces, but is allied with another player against two opponents
• 4-Player mode, no teams - deathmatch, each player has the standard 16 pieces and fight against 3 other players
There is no computer opponent implemented - you'll always play against other human beings!
Not yet implemented:
• Castling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castling)
• En passant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant)
• Promotion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_(chess))
• Even if your king is in check, you can still move every piece so that by the end of your move you're still in check (and probably checkmate after your opponents move)
• There is no draw, but you can leave/cancel a match at any time
• In 2-player extended mode, you have two kings, but you'll still lose if one of them is captured
This game uses the Google Play Game Services for matchfinding and other game related communication - make sure to have the latest Google Play Services installed and allow synchronization to be notified about match updates
4-Player Chess is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/chess
Then you should try "Simple Search Widget"! It looks like the standard Android 4.0 search widget, but you can change the search provider to any site you want: Wikipedia, Google, Bing, Amazon or anything* else!
• Changable search provider
• Type directly in the widget, no need to open another app
• Looks like the standard search widget
• Dark, white or none border
• Text color changeable
• Default text changeable
• Resizable widget
• No scary permissions
* currently only sites, which put the search word at the end of the URL are supported, like Wikipedia, Google and many more. Other sites might be supported in an upcoming version
So music or video apps and games can still play music, even when the device should be muted.
"Media-Mute" automatically detects when you enter silent/priority mode and then sets the volume of the "music" audio stream to 0, muting even media apps and most games. When leaving silent/priority mode, the app restores your old volume.
Additionally, you can always overwrite the set volume by just increasing the volume with your hardware volume buttons while a video is playing.
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/Media-Priority-Mode
This is only a workaround for users who already have bought the "old" paid app so they don't have to pay again for a license.
If you are a new user: Please install "Delayed Lock" instead and buy the license through the in-app purchase option: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2.trial
For users who have already paid for this app: Please install "Delayed Lock" and this unlocking app. "Delayed Lock" should accept this app as a valid license so you don't have to pay again.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but it has become really difficult to maintain both the paid and the free version of the app. If you have any issues or questions regarding the new license model, feel free to contact me.