This app uses the phone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference. If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving chart
- CSV file exporting
- Screen capture
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Sound Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** This app is approved as an education app.
Please email me if you find a bug or want to make me any other comment or feature request.
If you like Vibration Widget, please consider installing my other app, Profile Widget, which can do the same as Vibration Widget and a lot more (control vibration, volume, connectivity, screen settings, ...) in a single widget.
Profile Widget Lite: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidgetlite
Profile Widget Full: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cygnus.profilewidget
You have to add the widget to one of your home screens to use it. Just long press on an empty space of your home screen or press the Menu Key and select Add -> Widgets to show a widgets list in which you can choose Vibration Widget.
This tool is powerful vibration meter tool.
It has the following features:
- shows vibrations in real time
- saves vibration data into SD card
- provides configurable sound alarm that may be used to:
- detect the earthquakes when you sleep
- detect if somebody opens the door when you sleep
It is recommended to use the battery charger when it works for a long time.
If you want to recommend the alarm feature that may recognize earthquake
We will also use this facebook page to keep you informed about the work progress and current activities and plans for the future.
This application comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
There is a problem that occurs on some devices. Some devices may not provide the data when from the vibration sensor when the screen is off. This is an Android error.
We are trying to find a good workaround.
Send us the information if the application does not work, please
Very deep technical information http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708
This app stopped working on 4.1 because Google has changed the access control. The last method to fix it is manually granting the access in developer mode.
You can try it if you can understand the steps below:
1. On your phone go to settings->developer options->toggle on USB debugging. If you cannot even find the developer options in settings menu, you should go to settings->about phone->scroll to the last item "build number" and click on it for more than 10 times and then the hidden item of developer options will be shown.
2. Install the driver of your Android phone, and go to http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r22.2.1-windows.zip to download the Android SDK tools, and extract it on your PC
3. Connect your phone with your PC with USB cable, you might see a dialog asking for confirmation to enable debugging this phone with the PC, select YES
4. On your PC, open a terminal command line shell, like cmd or powershell, execute "adb devices" you can see the connected device listed there.
5. If all of above are OK, just execute the command line below:
adb shell "pm grant com.robin.huangwei.vibrate250 android.permission.READ_LOGS"
We all know that cell phone radiation is very strong when ringing, Vibrate Call makes your phone vibrate when an out-going call is answered or hung up, so you don't need to listen to it before the call get answered. Less radiation, more healthy. And you can set how long it vibrates. This application is tiny, saving your resource and battery!
We promise that this application will never steal your personal information. The network access is only for the advertisment. You can buy an AD-FREE version of this software(Vibrate Call Pro), which does not access to the Internet, more safety, more battery-saving!
Any vibration pattern can be configured and tested too when pressing the menu button.
To use a pattern, enter at least 2 three-digits number e.g. (1000,500) to make it vibrate 1sec, 0.5 sec and repeated.
Know who is calling or texting you, just feeling it !
When you receive a phone call or a text message (SMS or MMS) Contact Vibrate will respond vibrating differently for every contact you have defined. If this particular number or contact has no vibration set a master vibration will be called by default. Simple and easy to use.
You can create your own vibration patterns touching the screen using our wizard, or define custom morse messages at different speeds at your will, explore the options !
If you find difficult or boring creating vibrations, don't worry, we set a bunch of'em for you.
Still using old boring ringtones ? Go on, try Contact Vibrate, perfect for being discrete in a meeting, subway, family reunion... and still know who is trying to reach you.
Contact Vibrate is available in: English, Spanish and French and will be soon available in more languages.
1) How to solve Text-To-Speech problem. (Voice issue)
(1) In app, Click FAQ in menu button or screen of Notification App
(2) Disable all of TTS-related app on the below in FAQ screen.
2) If it doesn't work sometimes, Try to turn the power off and then on.
3) Setup info for GoSMS, HandcentSMS, third party SMS apps
- Add to Notification App, because they prevent original SMS message event.
- GoSMS → Settings → Advanced Tab → Receive Settings → uncheck "Disable other message notification"
# Vibrate then Ring with Flash by Shake
# Notification Flash & Screen Flash
- Flash when a new notification arrives in selected app
(Whatsapp, Email, Twitter, Alarm/Clock, Messenger, any other app)
* For Android 4.3 or above : [Notification] service. (Free TTS problems,For more precise work)
* For Android 4.2 or below : [Accessibility] service
* Feature phones as the primary function, but Android does not support basic Vibrate then ring camera flash functions can be used simultaneously. and there is supported to answer in call by shaking
# Vibrate then Ring
1) When a call arrives, it will start to vibrate mode.
2) a certain amount of time after the ring tone progressively larger rings.
3) or to set the loudness rings.
# Incoming Call Flash
1) When a call arrives, the flash blinks
2) Set the starting time of the flash
3) Set the number of flash flashing
# SMS Flash
# Missed Call / Unread SMS Flash / Repeat Notification
1) Flash is repeated at specific intervals
# Answer Call by Shake
1) when the phone rang , You can answer the phone by Shaking
2) set the sensitivity of shaking
## Please refer ##
1) Some devices may not work.
2) If it doesn't work, reboot your phone
* now no longer should be ringing ringing phone to be embarrassed or not due to the App if you wanted to dramatically reduce
# TAG Vibration / vibration after / ring / flash / LED / FLASH / light / LIGHT / vibrator / vib / blink / vibration Bell / Bell / ringtones / flash LED / camera / camera / light / shiny / ring / RING / ring after vibration / notification / noti / alert / notify / twitter / facebook / messenger / kakao / clock / Whatsapp /
deaf / hearing / impairment
Vibrations visualizes current accelerometer sensor data, performs a Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) and displays the results in an histogram. The dominant frequency (peak of the histogram) is highlighted. In the settings the accuracy of the fft can be adjusted in a range from 0.0625 Hz - 1.0 Hz. Results are shown in a separate tab for each axis.
Warning: High accuracy of the fft causes heavy load on the cpu. It may disturb the results!
'Ringer mode locker'.its has always ringer and always silent mode and widget.
This application is an operation prevention application program of the volume button.
Never silent is checked:set vibrate or ringer.
Never ring is checked:set vibrate or silent.
both checked:only vibrate mode
shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
Vibrations are shown in all directions: X, Y, Z in different colors.
Place your device on stable surface and measure vibrations.
Mercalli intensity scale
I. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
II. Weak - Rarely felt, usually only on top floors of high buildings.
III. Slight - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
IV. Moderate - Windows, dishes, doors rattle. Like passing train.
V. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
VI. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Isolated damage.
VII. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Many poor buildings damaged.
VIII. Destructive - Significant damage. Branches broken from trees.
IX. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Ground cracking.
X. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent slightly.
XI. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
XII. Catastrophic - Near total damage. Objects thrown into the air.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE POORLY, READ FULL DESCRIPTION.
This app allows you to tune the vibration of your device at your own taste. As many of you have noticed, devices like Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus have a very quiet and discrete vibration, this app will allow you to turn it up a noch and personalize the feedback your device gives you.
Not every device is supported, the APP itself will detect and let you know if you can tune the vibration or not.
THIS APP REQUIRES:
Android 4.0.0 or newer
Root access -if not, the app can not change the default vibration-
A compatible device
(Mostly Nexus 4 and 5 devices, other may or may not let you set the vibration intensity, since this APP is developed to work with the vibration units that LG are using right now, if your phone DOES NOT HAVE ONE OF THOSE, will NOT work)
The amazing of this application is that you can configure the sound, repeat interval, repeats count, vibration and led color.
Also, you can set the instant of the remind ends (via a max number of repeats or when the screen becomes on, the device becomes unlocked, etc).
Options that are grayed in preferences are only available for donors (donate app is in the andoid market, and available clicking in the "donate" option).
Donation unlocks features in all our applications.
Now includes support for Pebble watch!
Information about requested permissions:
- Read/Write SMS/MMS: To read new SMS/MMS and mark readed SMS/MMS when showed via popup
- Receive SMS/MMS notifications: To receive in app notifications when a message is received
- Read contact data: To access the contact data in order to show the contact name in popups
- Read phone state: To receive missed calls information
- Prevent sleep state: To automatically make screen on when SMS/MMS/Miss call (if configured)
- Vibrator: To vibrate on notification (if configured)
- Start on boot: To start app in boot time
Note that this app don't uses Internet permissions, and doest'n sends any personal data over Internet.
PLEASE, DON'T RATE WITH ONE STAR BEFORE CONTACT WITH ME TO REPORT A ERROR. IF RATE AND NO EXPLAIN A ERROR OR ISSUE IN A EMAIL, IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ME TO REPAIR. ALSO. A "don't works, is useless" RATE IS NOT USEFUL FOR THE REST OF USERS OR FOR THE DEVELOPERS.
Be comprehensive, this is a hobby:)
Please, post errors and get additional information at the official XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20611870 or via email
For basic troubleshooting steps (like if you can't get notifications to send), please visit: https://github.com/dattas/pebble-notifier/wiki/Troubleshooting
This is also bridge between the Pebble application and Tasker. It will let you send notifications of your making to your Pebble. Simply fill out the title and body of the message you want sent to your Pebble and off you go!
Get the source code and contribute at: https://github.com/dattas/pebble-notifier
Please note I am not affiliated with Pebble or Tasker, but am a huge fan of both products!
It would also vibrate once for any incoming SMS, during your phone call.
Just for my workaround.
-Vibrate Pattern is according to the Android Vibrate API. You can find more info from Google Android.
-Vibrate Repeat is about the PATTERN INDEX that the vibrate should repeat. Just leave it as default "0" is okay.
More from developer
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
More information & beta releases can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1037817
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users. Some icons are slightly modified ones from the MetroStation Icon-Pack by yankoa (http://yankoa.deviantart.com/)
- not every toggle will work on every device
- some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings
- exclude from task-killers!
- if your device is rooted, you can install the app in /system/app for direct GPS toggle even on Android 2.3+ and more
- the app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
- having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
- please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
- Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
- Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
- Screen timeout dialog
- Wake lock
- Flight mode
- Mobile data
- Flashlight (might require TeslaLED)
- Sync & Sync now
- WiFi- & USB-Tethering
- Music: previous / next / pause
- WiFi settings / advanced settings
- Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
- Mobile data settings
- Data usage
- next Wallpaper (requires WallpaperChanger)
- Lockscreen (requires DelayedLock)
- Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
- own apps & shortcuts
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
MODIFY_PHONE_STATE - mobile data toggling on Android 2.2
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_APN_SETTINGS - fallback method to toggle mobile data on Android 2.x
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
Additionally, you can enable a timer to automatically change your wallpaper on a predefined time.
Images can easily be added to the rotation list by using the Android Gallery app or a file manager like FileExpert.
This app is optimized for battery life & performence, so it might take some seconds to actually change the wallpaper after a click on the widget!
- easily add images or even folders through the Android gallery & other file managers
- change wallpaper with a timer, on each lockscreen unlock or through a customizable widget
- 3 widgets: change to next wallpaper in rotation list, select the wallpaper you want to see or change the album with one click
- ordered rotation or random wallpaper
- very low memory and battery consumption
- no ads
Notice an increase in mobile data usage while using the app? The app itself has no INTERNET permission and therefore does not download or upload anything. However, when using the Android backup feature, the system might upload your wallpaper everytime it changes. In this case, please use the live wallpaper provided with the app to avoid that.
The current Android versions do not provide any API to change the lockscreen wallpaper. It depends on your ROM if your lockscreen wallpaper also changes when the home screen wallpaper changes.
SET_WALLPAPER - no comment
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - needed to start auto rotation after reboot
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed to save cropped wallpapers & widget images
BILLING - for in-app buying of premium features
This is a plugin for Delayed Lock which automatically disables the pattern, PIN or password lockscreen when connected to a specific Wifi network so you don't have to unlock the security lockscreens while your device is at home or at work.
This plugin can also automatically disable the wifi radio on your device when you're not connected to any wifi network to save battery.
If there is no wifi network at the desired location, you should take a look at the "Delayed Lock location plugin" which disables the lock depending on your current location (using cell network).
Pleas note that for security reasons the app won't automatically unlock the device if it's near your wifi network. You need to unlock it manually once, then it will stay unlocked as long as you're connected.
Notification Toggle app is needed for this app to run!
Why do I need an extra app to download icons?
I made it this way because Notification Toggle needs a lot of permissions and I didn't want to also request the INTERNET permission for all users.
How do I use "Icon Downloader"?
This app provides an easy way to browser through some alternative icons and to download them with the Android Download Manager which is available since Android 2.3+
After downloading an icon, it will show up in the Gallery app. So just go into Notification Toggle settings, click on "Icons & Colors" and click on the icon you want to change. Then open the Gallery app and select the downloaded icon. That's it!
Do I really need "Icon Downloader"?
You can also directly browse our icon website ( http://tinyurl.com/nt-icons ) and download the icons, but it is way more comfortable using the "Icon downloader". Also when using the website to download the icons, your Gallery app might not update automatically, so you need to reboot your device to make the icons show up in the Gallery.
android.permission.INTERNET - access the icon database
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - save icons on the SD card
This app moves apps from and to the /system/app folder, making them a system app or a user app. System apps can get more priviledges, so some apps (like my "Notification Toggle") get more functionality when installed as a system app.
On the other hand, system apps can not be uninstalled. So this app can also be used to convert system apps to normal user apps by moving them from the /system/app directory to /data/app directory.
WARNING: Uninstalling important system apps might result in a unusable device! Use this function at your own risk and only if you know what you're doing! I won't give any kind of support if something goes wrong - don't install this app if you're not okay with that.
Paid apps can not be moved! Since Android JellyBean, paid apps are encrypted and therefore can not be moved!
Apps which are moved to SD card need to be moved back to internal memory before being able to move them to /system/app!
The app might not work on custom ROMs!
This app requires a rooted device with BusyBox installed. Don't install this app if you don't know what that means!
Make a backup before moving files! Not every app will work when moved to a different location!
This app uses the RootTools Project (http://code.google.com/p/roottools) library.
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/SystemAppMover
This is only a workaround for users who already have bought the "old" paid app so they don't have to pay again for a license.
If you are a new user: Please install "Delayed Lock" instead and buy the license through the in-app purchase option: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2.trial
For users who have already paid for this app: Please install "Delayed Lock" and this unlocking app. "Delayed Lock" should accept this app as a valid license so you don't have to pay again.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but it has become really difficult to maintain both the paid and the free version of the app. If you have any issues or questions regarding the new license model, feel free to contact me.
This app puts your upcoming appointments directly on your lockscreen! It works on every lockscreen, that normally displays the next upcoming alarm, like all standard Android lockscreens. Samsung and HTC Sense lockscreen aren't such ones - nothing I can do about that until Samsung & HTC implement this standard feature in their modified lockscreens.
You need to press "update" at least once to make the app load your calendar and set the text on the lockscreen.
If you want the time of the events to be shown, change the date format in the app's settings (HH:mm for example).
If you have any questions: Don't post them in the comments as I can't respond to them. Write me an eMail instead.
Again: DOES NOT WORK ON SAMSUNG, HTC OR OTHER MODIFIED LOCKSCREENS!! Only stock AOSP Android!!
Feature graphic icon: © spiderflystudios.com
App icon: © aboutpixel.de Bernd Boscolo
android.permission.READ_CALENDAR - needed to read the calendar
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS - needed to write on the lockscreen
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - needed to start refresh timer after boot
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays upcoming calendar events on your home screen.
If the widget doesn't show up in your launcher, reboot your device once!
Use these identifiers to change the date & time format: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- text size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- look ahead time configurable
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
- READ_CALENDAR: well, to read the calendar events...
- READ & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: backup & restore widget settings
Icon by David Moore
Not using any pattern-, PIN- or password-lock is a huge security problem, but reentering your PIN code a hundred times a day can also be annoying.
Delayed Lock is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your device, it will turn the lock screen off for a user defined amount of time. You can turn your phone off and on as often as you want without entering your password/PIN/pattern again. After a certain time, it will automatically reactivate your lockscreen, so no stranger can unlock your device and access your private data.
Additionally, there is also an optional notification in the Android status bar and a widget to immediately reenable the lock screen, and free plugins to automatically keep the device unlocked while connected to a specific WiFi network / Bluetooth device or at certain locations.
- does not work if your Exchange policy requires a PIN!
- pattern lock & FaceUnlock require root on Android 4.0+
- does not work on all devices, see section Device incompatibility
- requires root if full device encryption is enabled
- Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
- No lockscreen while connected to certain WiFi network or Bluetooth devices
- Time delay since "Screen off" or since "Last unlock"
- Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
- Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
- Free plugins: Disable lockscreen while at certain locations or use the Tasker app to control the lockscreen
- automatically wipe the device after several failed unlocks
- auto disable USB-debugging on rooted devices (on 4.0 - 4.2.1, not necessary on 4.2.2+)
- Use the "uninstall" menu option from within the app to uninstall it
- Incompatible with NoLED, No Lock & some other apps
- Samsung Droid Charge: Works on some device, but not all
- Samsung Galaxy S4 & Note 3 & possible other Samsung devices with Android 4.3+: Pattern lock currently doesn't work
- Some HTC devices: Pattern lock might not work
I do not guarantee that your device's data is unaccessible and will not be responsible for any damage you or your company may get because of an unlocked device. Please check if the usage of the app is compatible with the security policy of your company.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - for pattern lock on Android 4.0+
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.BLUETOOTH - to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - to unlock when on WiFi networks
android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD - fallback method to disable the lockscreen
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - for custom widget icons
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to lock after boot
android.permission.VIBRATE - for the "vibrate when locking" feature
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - for the "Wake to lock" feature
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - custom widget icons
android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - toggle pattern lock & usb debugging on some Android versions
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS - necessary for "screen off" widget in some scenarios
com.android.vending.BILLING - license validation
This app is designed to be running all the time without having any impact on your battery life! It uses the hardware step detection sensor of the Nexus 5, which is already running even when not using any pedometer app. Therefore the app does not consume any additional battery drain. Unlike other pedometer apps, this app does not track your movement or your location so it doesn't need to turn on your GPS sensor (again: no impact on your battery).
Sign in with your Google+ account to unlock achievements and compete with others in the leaderboards!
The app also provides a DashClock extension and a widget is on its way.
- Achievements are granted the day after meeting the requirements
- I can not implement Pebble support at the time as Pebble is still unable to ship their product to Germany
Pedometer is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/Pedometer
Pedometer uses the 'HoloGraphLibrary' by Daniel Nadeau (https://bitbucket.org/danielnadeau/holographlibrary/wiki/Home)
It is designed to be used with WiFi-only* tablets - these devices normally don't require a constant internet connection if you're not using them and turning WiFi off can save a lot of battery power.
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the the tablet.
This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.
* if your device has a cell radio, it might switch to 2G/3G which may consume more power then staying on WiFi
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Auto-Off
Full version is available through an in-app purchase for only 0.99 EUR / 1.49 USD
Lucid - DayDream Screensaver is the ultimate screensaver app for your Android device!
Lucid automatically starts when you put your device in the dock or when you charge it. The app is very customizable and comes with a lot of functionallity, like:
Clock: Show the current time & date and can also show...
... battery level
... unread GMails
... new SMS texts
... missed calls
... next alarm
RSS view: flips through new events from your RSS feeds
Slideshow view: start a slideshow with images from your device as well as from the Picasa webservice
On Android 4.2+ you need to enable the "DayDream" in the Android display settings to use & configure the app!
You can use the identifiers here http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html to change the time and date format
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - weather information
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE & INTERNET - downloading RSS feed/weather/slideshow images
CAMERA - turn camera flashlight on
GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS - load RSS feeds from Google account
READ_CALENDAR - upcoming events
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS & READ_PHONE_STATE - missed calls
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - load custom fonts
READ_SMS & RECEIVE_SMS - unread SMS
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cache RSS feeds
If you lost your phone, you can prevent others from accessing your private data by simply sending a SMS to your phone.
This is just a plugin and requires the 'Delayed Lock' app version 2.0.8 or newer to run!!
To configure the plugin, open Delayed Lock and scroll down to the plugins section.
* the app just looks for SMS - no MMS, no Google Voice SMS, no Whatsapp or whatsoever
You can also specifiy locations where you don't want to delay your lockscreen so the device locks immediately when turning the display off.
This is just a plugin and requires the 'Delayed Lock' app version 2.0.8 or newer to run!!
This plugin does not use the GPS sensor for better battery usage - it might not be very accurate!
Due to requiring the INTERNET and LOCATION permissions, this functionality is not part of the main app but available as a plugin.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - start location listener after boot
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - needed for positioning via cell network
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - needed for positioning via wifi networks
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - needed to enable wifi state when entering a location (optional feature)
INTERNET & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed for Google Maps
Do NOT install this app if you're not using Delayed Lock or if you're not rooted!!
Advantages when installing the helper app:
* Required for using pattern lock on Android 4.0.x
* Automatically disable/enable USB-Debugging depending on the lock state
Installing the helper app:
* Make sure you use Delayed Lock version 2.9 or newer
* Start the helper app and grant root access. The app will now move itself to /system/app folder, you need to reboot once the operation is complete
Uninstalling the helper app:
You need to move the helper app back to /data/app folder to be able to uninstall it. You can use the "/system/app mover" app, Titanium Backup Pro and many file explorers to do so
Then you should try "Simple Search Widget"! It looks like the standard Android 4.0 search widget, but you can change the search provider to any site you want: Wikipedia, Google, Bing, Amazon or anything* else!
- Changable search provider
- Type directly in the widget, no need to open another app
- Looks like the standard search widget
- Dark, white or none border
- Text color changeable
- Default text changeable
- Resizable widget
- No scary permissions
* currently only sites, which put the search word at the end of the URL are supported, like Wikipedia, Google and many more. Other sites will be supported in an upcoming version
This widget currently works only with Android 3.0+
You can get a beta version for Android 2.x on the xda forums here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1627850