This is a plugin for Tasker (or Locale) to remotely control the Ares Player. Therefore, it needs Tasker (or a compatible app) installed and can't be started on its own. It provides a Tasker action (no conditions or events) which can be used to switch elements / go to the next or previous music file / stop playing completely on a remote Ares Player.
So you can now use the full power of Tasker to react e.g. on voice commands or buttons to control Ares.
For more information about Ares, see http://aresrpg.sourceforge.net/.
- the player must be configured for remote control with 'special' controllers (not [only] the Web controller).
- if you want to issue several commands in one task, you should uncheck the "Disconnect" box so the plugin doesn't have to connect to the player once for each command.
- you should then have the last command in the task disconnect the plugin from the player.
- as an alternative, you could create a makro in Ares itself
- if you want to let the task wait until the command has been issued, check the "Synchronous" box. Then the %err variable should also be set on errors. This is required if the command doesn't disconnect because two commands can't be issued in parallel. Even if you disconnect after one command, you should use "Synchronous" if you want to issue other commands shortly afterwards in the same task.