Not totally intuitive to set up but worth the effort. It works really well with some slight niggles. Blanks on adjacent charts when working away from vessel position is a bit unnerving. Would love to see NMEA integrated and then thus would get 6 out of 5.
This is a very good app for daysails, maybe. But for coastal travel it is too ponderous. There needs to be a way to import more than one chart at a time from the bsb_root folder. I would rather press a SELECT ALL button (or check the box that means to select all in a list view) and have to walk away for an hour or two, than to sit there and select them for import one at a time. I would even prefer, since you do not use the downloaded NOAA file directly, to have a separate app to do the conversion and import to the default list of all charts that appear in the bsb_root folder automatically. This would save a tremendous amount of time. Either option would serve to automate the mind numbing process a little.
Have used this App for Day and overnight passages in NZ waters, works well and is reliable.
Charter Ploter Navegação
Best Chart and plotting app in the Play Store!!
* import of gpx files created by MapSource fails
* drawing of vector graphics (waypoint symbols) crashes on Android 7.1
* waypoint symbols too small on tablets
* new logging modes
* configurable quick info
* edit waypoint by long clicking waypoint on chart
* new symbols for waypoints (INT 1 symbols)
* quickdraw - tap crosshairs to set
* new marker (nav mode)
* new route point (route edit mode)