• tests download speed (downlink)
• tests upload speed (uplink)
• measurement of data transfer time delays (latency, ping)
• two typical data transfer units (kbps, Mbps),
• automatic selection of test parameters depending on the type of a connection (WiFi, 2G/3G mobile)
• basic information about the connection (IP address, Internet service provider and organization, SIM operator or name of the WiFi network)
• history of results with options to filter and sort the list according to the different criteria,
• ability to customize test parameters to meet your needs (the duration of the test, the number of connections),
• detailed information about the tests (measured value of download/upload/ping, connection type, date, settings),
• easily copy your IP address and results to the clipboard,
• vibration handling,
• publication of results on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.),
• compatibility mode with less powerful and older devices (switch on/off tween animations)
• appropriate warnings for testing mobile Internet.
Developed by Speedchecker Ltd, the Company behind the most popular speed testing websites measuring over 100 million speed tests globally and trusted by the BBC, Guardian and other media outlets, ISPs and Governments.
one-click speed test of download, upload and ping
history of all speed tests saved to your device
easy sharing of results
compatible with a wide array of Android devices
Start your free speed test on Android today!
In the advanced test, speed is shown on a graph for easy interpretation. You can also see the average and maximum speeds for all the destinations.
- Simple and Advanced internet speed test modes
- Internet Download Speed Test from USA, EU and Asia combined or separately
- Speed Graph (Advanced)
- Speed Gauge / Meter (Simple)
- Easy unit configuration (kbyte/s kbit/s mbit/s)
- Limit Maximum Download size for each test
- Limit Speed test time
- All your results are logged
- Speed Result rates your WiFi or Mobile Data download speed (Low, Normal, Superb)
- Share Internet Speed Test results
- Speed Test gives you an indication of speed towards 3 destinations, which is not representative for your actual connection speed.
This application does give you a tool to check your speeds, and from experience, judge your active connection.
- More Configuration options
- Upload Speed
The app is completely Ad-Free.
- Real time speed update in status bar and notification.
- Daily traffic usage in notification.
- Separate stats for Mobile network and WiFi network.
- Monitors your traffic data for the last 30 days.
- Battery efficient
Notification appears only when you are connected to internet. You can change priority of notification. You can also hide the notification when connection is idle for specified amount of time.
You can manually select the color of user interface.
Blue status bar icon
Option to choose between blue or white status bar icon.
Upload and Download Speed
Option to show upload and download speed in separate notifications.
Translations: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
Warning: Do not move this app to SD card. It will cause crashes (Force close) when you remove the card.
When you perform free tests with 4Gmark, you participate in a collaborative project to aggregate a base of information for understanding and improving the quality of service.
The "Speed Test" quickly calculates downlink and uplink network speed (average Bitrate).
The "Full Test" is a scenario with all protocols (latency, transfer, web) giving full visibility over the quality of the connection environment. It calculates a score which let you compare between them different smartphones, networks or places.
At the end of the Full Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
Also in the "Custom Test" section, Customized scenarios of tests are available.
Finally as a bonus, a dashboard that will offer the most current real-time information about your hardware, your location, your cellular and your wifi connection.
Test the speed of your WiFi or LAN network between your mobile devices (mobile
phone, tablet) or between your mobile device and your computer.
Test the speed of your wireless router. Measure the performance of a Samba share.
Important: This is not an Internet speed test app!
This application will measure the speed of your local network,
live Internet connection is not required.
Bug reporting: https://bitbucket.org/pzolee/wifi-speed-test/issues
Server application for computers: https://bitbucket.org/pzolee/tcpserver/downloads
* Test upload and download speed.
* Test Wi-Fi or LAN speed between your mobile phones/tablets.
* Test Wi-Fi or LAN speed between your mobile devices and your computer
* Test Samba share speed (from v1.1)
* Analyse your network and find bottlenecks (from v1.6)
* Export your results in csv format (from v1.5)
* Test Ethernet speed (from v1.4): Useful if your device uses Ethernet connection (For example it is a Smart Media Hub or Android based media player)
* You can also share the result on Facebook or Google+
For more details see Settings/Info in the application or in my blog:
Ever wondered which application cost your traffic and your money?
Use Speed Test to check out your currently network speed
-Test speed when network is available.
- Discover your real-time network Speed
- Track past tests with detailed reporting
NOTE: For people upgrading, some *permissions* are being listed as new which are not in the app, this is a Android bug, check the permissions in your phone settings to confirm these permissions are absent. See https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63898
NB We never access or read your messages or contacts list. We only need that permission to count your calls and texts to help you keep track of usage.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection.
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ Keep track of your monthly data, text and voice usage so you don’t go over your limit.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or BBM not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Facebook, Instagram or Twitter too slow to be enjoyable? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
We map- Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
If you are a student or engineer in networking or telecommunication domain then this application will be very useful.
Please email us if any new parameters to be added or existing parameters to be modified.
Tags: CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, JNCIP, JNCIS, JNCIA, MCSE, Router, switch, Bandwidth, MUX, 2G, 3G, LTE, HSPA, WiMax, Serial, SONET, SDH, Ethernet, DSL, ISDN, USB, Thunderbolt, EV-DO
Use Speedtest to monitor your cellular (3G/4G/LTE) or WiFi connection rate and response for your device. With a real-time graphical display, results are updated continuously during the testing procedure. A quick trace route is performed to determine the number of gateways to the test server. This simple, easy-to-use app provides consistent, accurate internet speed testing from any location. A simple test app to determine your true mobile speed.
– Simple, one button tap performs (or cancels) the internet speed tests.
– Testing features download rate, upload rate and latency (response) time.
- Includes the number of hops/gateways between the mobile client and the server (Trace Route).
– Simple, easy-to-read tracking and reporting.
- History of the previous tests is available for comparison.
- Works on either Cellular data from any carrier or when connected via WiFi.
- Conveniently share results with others via email.
- Testing servers located around the world for accurate results.
– Unlimited on-the-go testing - mobile speed testing.
– It’s FREE!
Important note: Speedtest uses ICMP to run ping and trace route. There are some devices and builds of Android where this has been intentionally blocked. Unfortunately, there is nothing we as developers can do to avoid this happening. If your device is affected, Speedtest will not run ping or trace route. It will simply skip and leave the fields blank for results. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a work around.
If you experience any unexpected behavior (crashes, hangs, etc), please feel free to email us from the app. We are always looking to improve your experience.
As for results, you won't see 10x your speed, however we GUARANTEE at least a 20% increase. However, the average speed increase among all of our thousands of app users is a 79.21% increase. That is almost doubling each user's internet speed. Some users will see a 40% internet speed boost, some users will see a 140% increase. It just depends on the type of connection, carrier, type of phone, etc.
==FOR BEST RESULTS==
Open the Internet Speed Booster app and use it at least once a day at the start of your day. This will keep your connection very up-to-date, and will keep an optimized speed. If it seems as though the app did not work, don't give up! It is very rare, but it may take a few cleanings (don't do the cleanings right after each other, wait at least 4 hours between cleanings) before the results fully take place.
==SPREAD THE WORD!==
If you use the Internet Speed Booster and like what it does, spread the word! The Internet Speed Booster is available because of revenue generated from ads. They may be a little bit annoying, but they allow us to feed the mouths of our families and to put out more advances in internet speed boosting technology. The more people that install and use the Internet Speed Booster, the better for everyone! Another thing that helps more than anything, leave us a review/rating! Of course there are a lot of critics so we do get some negative reviews, so we need a lot of positive reviews to balance them out! Let the world know what you think of the Internet Speed Booster!
Thanks everyone! Updates to the Internet Speed Booster's algorithm come out at least twice a week. Thank you for your dedicated support!
Fixed graphical glitches in higher model phones.
Maximum upload and download speeds.
Track the network used for the test.
History of Speedtest results
As a crowdsourced service, Sensorly gathers anonymous data from all its users willing to share their experience as carriers’ clients, just like you. The aim is simple: provide the greater number with unbiased information on wireless networks performance (signal strength, coverage and speed) worldwide, based on real data, and translate them into coverage maps for all to see.
This free app hands you the key elements to fully understand your carrier’s quality of service, making it the adequate companion to your wireless life:
-Check out precise and daily updated coverage maps: with more than 300 wireless networks mapped across 50 countries available in the app, checking a carrier’s coverage has never been easier for all 4G/LTE, 3G, CDMA, GSM and Wi-Fi technologies. Plus you can check how others do around you, and see what’s the average download & upload speed in your area for your carrier.
-Do a Speedtest: as a smartphone user, what is your network speed like? This feature allows you to instantly check your download and upload speed along with your ping time, reproducing your basic mobile activities.
-Compare carriers performances: the Sensorly app not only grants you access to the data collected on your carrier, but also to information about carriers available in your area. By using the “compare” feature you will be able to check signal strength and network coverage for all carriers listed and for which we have data.
-Map your neighborhood: use your commuting time to map your close environment with the Map Trip feature, and get more accurate data for the areas you care about.
-Check your activity: Are your speedtests getting better through time? Are you a heavy contributor and map your carrier’s network a lot? Do you sometimes have dropped calls but don’t know why? See all these data for yourself by consulting the new “Your activity” session of the app.
Sensorly is a crowdsourced service: the more you use the app, the more precise and complete the info and coverage maps get.
Join Sensorly, and know what to expect from your carrier!