See what reviewers are saying:
"Beejive was already our IM client of choice... Background notifications really just sealed the deal, and anything else they’ve added was just frosting on the already delicious cake."
"Overall, after testing various IM apps, Beejive is by far my favorite. The interface is slick and beautiful."
"BeejiveIM is an incredibly full-featured IM client, boasting capabilities that almost put it on par with desktop IM clients."
"Beejive IM is one of those mobile multi-network chat clients that's a joy to use--it's fast, graphically rich, and just works."
Key Instant Messaging Features:
* Save Money: Chat using your existing data plan, no per-message charges.
* Reliable and Efficient: Be connected 24/7 and it's gentle on your battery.
* Push Notifications: Be connected even after you close the app. Get notified instantly when you get a new message (requires OS 2.2+).
* Stay Connected: Log in with multiple Jabber accounts.
* Share Files: Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes.
* Universal Interface: Optimized for both tablets and phones.
* Highly Customizable: Choose your color theme, chat wallpaper, buddy list styles, and more!
* No Sign-Up Required: Just sign in with your existing IM accounts, no need to sign up for anything!
* Real-time Chats: Quickly switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
* Group Chats: Chat with multiple buddies in one conversation. Create a chat room or join an existing one.
* Full Unicode Support: Chat in any language supported by your Android device.
* Landscape Option: Type with a larger keyboard.
* Save Chats: Email your chats to save your chat history.
* Hyperlink Support: Automatically parses links for web pages, YouTube videos, email addresses, twitter usernames, and phone numbers.
* Emoticons Support.
Account & Buddy Features:
* Full Featured Buddy List: Sort, group, and easily search through your buddy list.
* Buddy Pounce: Receive an alert when your friends come online.
* Manage Your Buddies: Including support for add/remove, nicknames, groups, block, and approve/deny requests.
* Control Your Availability: Set auto-away and custom status messages, be invisible, change privacy controls.
* Configurable Alerts: Customizable sound and vibrate settings.
* Buddy Icons: View your friends' icons, set your own.
BeejiveIM for Jabber lets you chat on a Jabber chat network with the proven reliability of BeejiveIM. Beejive's reliable and efficient networking has been tested and proven on multiple platforms and is available in a dedicated Android app just for the Jabber XMPP chat service. Move from cellular and wifi connections seamlessly. Stay connected after you close the application and be notified when you get a new message through push notifications (OS 2.2+). After being out of coverage BeejiveIM automatically reconnects and picks up where you left off.
Using a tablet or phone without a texting plan? This app will allow you to text through your Google number on that device!
Send free text messages via Google Voice and use your carrier’s SMS capabilities in the modified stock messaging app.
Why this app?
• Integrates all of your SMS and MMS messages into one app
• Sends Google Voice messages over Mobile Data/WiFi
• Quick Reply notifications
• Simple / minimal setup required
• Uses the stock messaging database for easy backup
The same Messaging app you are used to has been rebuilt to include Google Voice support with the help of the Google Voice app. You can send and receive Google Voice texts as well as carrier messages all in the same app!
The Google Voice app still needs to be installed on your device.
If you are getting double notifications, first try to go into Android's settings, tap Apps, and find Google Voice. Right below the "Force Stop" button should be a checkbox to "Show notifications". Uncheck that. If there is no checkbox, try going into the settings of the Google Voice app and disable text notifications from there.
This app grabs the incoming notifications. If you are still receiving texts from a random number, then your messages are still going through your carrier.
You can enable/disable Google Voice support in the settings of the app.
Make sure to email me with any bugs you encounter after you check the help at the website!
SMS, GV, Google Voice, Integration, Messaging, Extension, App, SMS Notifications, Stock SMS
50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
SMS & Messaging Glossary is an application containing over 2000 terms and abbreviations frequently used in SMS & instant messaging. It is an excellent reference tool for people who text messages a lot, or those who joined the group recently.
The application is optimized for Android 1.6+ devices.
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
WANT ACCESS TO LATEST BETA's? JOIN OUR G+ COMMUNITY HERE:
Free unlimited, encrypted and private messaging with your friends over Google Talk/Hangouts, Facebook Chat, Dukgo, Jabber & more! Works with Android, iPhone, Mac, Linux or PC.
ATTN FACEBOOK USERS: Please choose XMPP account type and use your Facebook "Email Address" as your username.
PC Mag “100 Best Android Apps of 2013.”
★ UNBEATABLE PRIVACY: We keep your messages 100% private using state of the art Off-The-Record (OTR) encryption. Your conversations cannot be logged or intercepted by anyone. NOTE: These security measures only apply when your friend also uses ChatSecure, or uses a compatible OTR client like Xabber, Jitsi, Adium or Pidgin.
★ NO SNOOPING: Your connection is encrypted so nobody can spy on your conversation. And the messages aren't even kept in system memory for any prying apps to find.
★ FULL LOCAL ENCRYPTION: All contacts, messages and account data are fully encrypted on your device, and protected by an optional password.
★ COMPLETELY FREE, UNLIMITED MESSAGING: No charges, ever. Chat all day with your friends across the street or across the ocean.
★ CHAT WITH ANYONE, ANYWHERE: Chat with your friends on Google Chat (GChat), Facebook Chat, VKontakte, Yandex, Hyves, Odnoklassniki, StudiVZ, Livejournal, Jabber, and more!
★ WORKS ON EVERY PLATFORM: Android with ChatSecure, iPhone with ChatSecure, Mac with Adium, Linux with Jitsi, Windows with Pidgin, and more!
★ FUN BUILT-IN: Multiple themes are included and you can create your own custom wallpapers. Your friends get cute personal icons too!
★ CHAT THAT CAN’T BE BLOCKED: Use ChatSecure with our privacy plugin Orbot to bypass almost all firewalls, network restrictions and blacklists. Get the Orbot plugin, powered by Tor: http://goo.gl/lpnda
★ CHAT ON ANY SCREEN: ChatSecure is designed to be beautiful on any Android phone, tablet, or phablet.
★ AD-FREE: We want your love, not your money.
★ EASY TUTORIAL: ChatSecure is easy to use. Click here for a quick, interactive walkthrough: https://guardianproject.info/howto/chatsecurely
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: ChatSecure is available for friends who speak:
Arabic (العربية), Chinese (中文简体), Czech (Čeština), Danish (Dansk), Dutch (Nederlands), English, Esperanto, Farsi (فارسی), French (Français), German (Deutsch), Greek (Ελληνικά), Hungarian (Magyar Nyelv), Italian (Italiano), Japanese (日本語) Korean (조선말), Norwegian (Norsk), Portuguese (Português), Russian (Русский), Spanish (Español), Slovak (Slovenčina), Swedish (Svensk), Tibetan (བོད་སྐད།), Turkish (Türkçe), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gibberbot
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: GuardianProject.info
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject
★ OPEN-SOURCE: ChatSecure is free software. You can take a look at our source code, or join the community to help make ChatSecure even better: https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot
★ MESSAGE US: Are we missing your favorite feature? Found an annoying bug? Please tell us! We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email: email@example.com
The Guardian Project makes apps that are designed to protect your security and anonymity. The protocols that we use are widely regarded as the state of the art in security technology. While we are constantly upgrading our software to combat the latest threats and eliminate bugs, no technology is 100% foolproof. For maximum security and anonymity users must utilize best practices to keep themselves safe. You can find a good introductory guide to these topics at https://securityinabox.org
The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android 4.4.2 and a very early version of CyanogenMod 10.2.
• Quick reply pop-ups
• Gesture based templates
• Emoji support
• Optional dark theme
• Clean and no bloat
Install this app if you want to use features from the latest Android messaging app without having to wait for a full phone software update.
Usage (Android 4.3 and earlier)
8sms has two modes: default and Stand-alone mode.
In default mode, please do not disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device as that is still required to receive sms and mms messages. Instead, Turn off notifications for the messaging app that came with your device. Then you won't get two sets of notifications.
In Stand-alone mode, please disable or remove the messaging app that came with your device otherwise every new message will be stored twice.
Usage (Android 4.4 and later)
Please install and make 8sms your default sms app.
If you have a lot of old sms messages, it may take a few minutes for 8sms to load conversations the first time.
If you have issues using this app, please see http://8s.ms/info for helpful information and possible solutions. Sample topics include, for example:
Duplicate notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/duplicate-notifications-or-messages
Missing notifications or messages: http://8s.ms/missing-notifications-or-messages
MMS Settings: http://8s.ms/mms-settings
Can't send or receive mms: http://8s.ms/cant-send-or-receive-mms
Group messaging: http://8s.ms/group-messaging
SMS disabled on Nexus tablets (KitKat): http://8s.ms/sms-disabled-nexus-tablets-kitkat
Battery usage: http://8s.ms/high-battery-usage
Samsung Contacts app crashing: http://8s.ms/samsung-contacts-app-crash
Facebook contact photos not showing: http://8s.ms/facebook-contact-photos-not-showing
Settings crash: http://8s.ms/settings-crash
Dual SIM support: http://8s.ms/dual-sim-support
Then, if you still have issues, please ask for help.
Please DO NOT give the app a low rating without first asking for help. You should give me a chance to fix your problem, otherwise it is not fair.
If you are rude to me or swear at me in a review, I will just ignore you. If you cannot be polite, don't use this app.
Forum di supporto italiano (Italian language support)
This app requires a wide range of permissions because it is a port of a system app. System apps use a lot of permissions. Full network access is required in order to send (or download) mms using your phone's cellular data (mms) connection.
Compatibility and Feedback
If you install this app on your phone and it does not work, please try the links above. If they don't help, then please let us know. Please be sure to specify your phone model and software version number, and the version of 8sms you have installed.
To let us know whether this app works on your phone, or if you have bugs or suggestions, you can email us via the registered email address of this app.
(Note: This app was originally called 88sms but was later renamed to 8sms.)
UPDATES: You may have noticed I haven't updated this for ages. Sorry. I bought a Nexus 4 and so I don't need this any more and don't have motivation to update it. A possible alternative is TextSecure which is free and based on the same code as this, plus it encrypts your texts!
This is the stock messaging (SMS & MMS) app from Android 4.1 Jellybean! The biggest improvements Google made in Jellybean are a new widget, photos in the notifications and a better recipient interface.
Remember to disable your existing SMS app's notifications or you will get two notifications for each message.
Please test the app to make sure it can send and receive messages correctly before relying on it! Test it a lot! Also if you are upgrading from the ICS version, PLEASE read the recent changes.
If you appreciate this and my other totally free stock apps, consider sending me some money (via paypal)! I'm poor and hungry and it takes a long time to do this!
* Some incomplete phone numbers in the ComposeMessageActivity are deleted when you go to enter the message. I found the cause of this but there is not much I can do.
* Contact photos may not sync properly. According to one user this is expected behaviour and it is basically Facebook's fault.
* Widget is flickery when it loads. I looked into it. Can't find problem; may be Samsung's bug since it doesn't happen in emulator.
* Widget "Show more conversations" button goes to the compose message activity instead of the message list. This is very weird.
* SMS notifications might be unreliable for you. Test it a lot!
* MMS doesn't work at all right now.
Most of phone manufacturers, for example Samsung, LG, Sony and HTC, build their own messaging apps with different user experience, Message Classic brings you the native taste with Google design.
In Nexus 5, Google Hangouts is the default messaging app, while the original messaging app is gone. Message Classic gives you a chance to bring it back.
Remember to disable your other third party SMS apps' notifications or you may get duplicated notifications for each message.
-- Totally free. No Ads.
-- Fully support Android 4.4.
-- Fully support MMS for all Android versions.
In Android 4.4, an SMS app can not update SMS/MMS data if it's not the default SMS app. So please set Message Classic as your default SMS app.
- Multiple accounts
- Quick switch between simultaneous chats
- Rich visibility settings for contacts and groups
- Compatible with all standard XMPP servers
- Pre-configured support of Gtalk, Facebook chat, Livejournal chat, Vkontakte, Ya.Online, Google Apps Gtalk accounts
- Multi user chat (MUC)
- Chat history
- Export history to SD card
- Server side message archive support
- Inline hyperlink support (web pages, YouTube, e-mail, phone numbers, XMPP Uri)
- View contact's information (vCard)
- Grouping contacts by groups and/or accounts
- Contact list management: add/remove/edit contacts, groups, subscriptions
- Contact search
- Integration into phone's contact list (call from the chat and chat from the phone contact list)
- Notification setting for each contact
- Notifications based on key phrase
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language
- Portrait and landscape views
- Stream compression (not all servers supported for now)
- OTR encription
- TLS support
- Legacy SSL support
- SASL support
- Check for the server certificate
- SRV record and DNS round robin support
- Client software icons in contact list (Adium, Empathy, Gajim, Gtalk, iChat, Miranda, Pidgin, Psi, QIP, Xabber, Xabber VIP)
- Typing notification support
- Message delivery receipts
- Shortcut to a chat on home screen
List of supported (pre-configured) services:
- GTalk (Google Talk, Google Apps accounts are supported too)
- Windows Live Messenger / MSN (Android 2.2 or higher required)
- Facebook chat
- Livejournal chat
- Tablet interface
- File transfer
RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
XEP-0030: Service Discovery
XEP-0128: Service Discovery Extensions
XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
XEP-0153: vCard-Based Avatars
XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat (incompletely)
XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication
XEP-0138: Stream Compression
XEP-0203: Delayed Delivery
XEP-0091: Legacy Delayed Delivery
XEP-0199: XMPP Ping
XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components
XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications
XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation
XEP-0059: Result Set Management
XEP-0136: Message Archiving
Check Xabber Development version for new functionality.
Source code of Xabber is available at https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android under GNU GPLv3 license.
For more information visit our website http://xabber.com or follow @xabber_xmpp at twitter.
Text from your computer and tablet - just like on your smartphone! mysms is synced with your phone and uses your current Android phone number.
After installing mysms on your Android device you can start to text from your computer and web browser at app.mysms.com. mysms uses your existing mobile number, contacts and SMS text messages from your Android phone.
But there’s even more – mysms is your messenger (like iMessage) for Android. If your contact uses mysms too - you can use mysms as your new Messenger and text 100% free (free instant messages) using mysms friends. It does not matter if you’re using your phone, tablet, computer or web app.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH THE MYSMS SMS APP
1) Install this Android app on your phone
2) Go to https://app.mysms.com on your computer, sync your phone with your browser and send your first text message.
MYSMS SMS APP FEATURES YOU'LL LOVE:
* SMS text messaging from your computer or tablet
* Receive SMS text messages directly in the browser, on your tablet or desktop app
* Sync SMS and MMS between your Android phone, tablet and on your computer
* Sync messages and calls between two smartphones (-> download mysms mirror)
* Unlimited free texting (instant messaging) to other mysms users
* Group Chat: Add up to 50 contacts to a group and start texting right away
* Remote SMS: Text online via your mobile carrier (no additional charge from what your carrier charges)
* Phone calls: Answer, dismiss, mute or dial a call on your tablet & computer
* Automatic SMS and MMS back-up to the cloud
* Backup SMS & MMS: Archive SMS and MMS messages in your Evernote, Dropbox or Google Drive.
* Multimedia messages: Sending pictures messages and messages with files
* DashClock integration: Notifications on incoming SMS messages
* Desktop notifications: Instant notifications on computer and tablet for new SMS text messages
* Evernote integration: Archive & backup messages. Your texts are saved to Evernote
* Smileys & Emoticons: Add emojis to your messages to show your friends how you feel.
* Expandable notifications
mysms is not only a great SMS texting app, you can even make voice calls on your tablet and computer (Bluetooth headset required). Works with PC, Mac and any browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera …).
mysms is different from texting apps like Whatsapp and Kakaotalk because we not only support instant messaging/chat, we also integrate with your phone's SMS inbox.
Connect mysms with Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive or Email. Forward your messages to Evernote, Dropbox and Google Drive or save your SMS and MMS in your email account. mysms serves as an SMS backup and archive.
We’d love to hear from you! Do you have a suggestion, question or comment? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re trying to reply within 24 hours during weekdays.
You can also reach us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/mysms, Twitter http://twitter.com/mysms and Google+ http://gplus.to/mysms.
Keywords: text messaging, computer sms, computer texts, texting apps, sms app, texting from computer, text from pc, text from computer, sms from browser, browser sms, text free, remote desktop, dashclock sms notifications, imessage, remote sms, backup sms, backup mms, sms backup and restore, mightytext, browser texting, browser sms, desktop sms, save text messages to cloud, text from tablet, send sms via computer, dialer on tablet, dialer on computer, dial contacts from tablet, call from tablet, call from computer, call logs, SMS & MMS archive
yaxim aims at security, low overhead and keeping your server connection open. So far, it only supports a single account.
* Connection with a single XMPP server (or GTalk, or Facebook Chat, or …)
* Immediate reconnection on 3G/WiFi network changes (seamless with XEP-0198)
* You are asked about self-signed SSL certificates
* Allows automatic connection after turning on your phone
* Roster management support
* Persistent message history
* Message Carbons (XEP-0280)
yaxim is optimized to use the yax.im free XMPP service: http://yaxim.org/yax.im/
If your phone does not support Arabic this app well help you.
It's going to reshape -connect- Arabic characters.
This version is Beta.
*Reshape -connect- Arabic characters.
*Support non-Arabic OS.
*Right to left alignment.
*Slide to delete.
*New SMS notifications.
Add another reshaping method for Arabic.
Adding some missing features.
With this app, you can view messaging notifications and content in your SmartWatch or smart audio accessory.
To use this app extension, you must have Smart Connect and the dedicated Sony app for your smart accessory installed on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Note: When you have installed this app, it will be activated automatically in your smart accessory. It will not appear in your application screen or home screen. Open the application settings via Smart Connect or via the phone or tablet status bar.
Works with: SmartWatch MN2, SmartWatch 2 SW2, Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1, Stereo Bluetooth® Headset SBH50, Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52.
If you want to find more apps or app extensions for smart accessories from Sony, use ‘smart extension’ and ‘Sony’ in your search. If you want to develop apps or app extensions for innovative Sony accessories, go to www.sonymobile.com/developer.
Android apps and app extensions by Sony are designed to work with Android smartphones and tablets. However, some manufacturers may have set compatibility limitations in their devices resulting in decreased functionality.
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for Smart Wireless Headset pro
LiveWare™ extension for Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH50
Smart Connect extension for Notification API
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
► Message other Bobsled users for free world wide
► Send free text messages by to people friends in the US and Canada
► Access your Bobsled messages from any computer or tablet.
► Send photos, videos, location, and emoticons with your messages
► Create groups with up to 25 people. Group members can reply to the entire group
To continue messaging on your computer go to http://messaging.bobsled.com.
Please note: Data and message rates may apply.
As Android 4.4 on Nexus 5 does not provide anything else than Hangout this is a must have.
Do not hesitate to report any issue by leaving a 5 stars comment !
Source code : https://github.com/slvn/android-aosp-mms