With Molly you can offer rides and search for rides. And that's very easy: download the Molly app, register with your master data and off you go. The important thing here is:
• If you offer a ride, either the starting point or the destination must be in Lennestadt.
• If you are looking for a lift, the start and end points must be in Lennestadt.
Molly is a joint project of the Zweckverband Personennahverkehr Westfalen-Süd (ZWS) and the city of Lennestadt. The core idea of the project is to use the large number of cars in rural areas more effectively.
According to the motto "Citizens drive citizens", areas that are less well connected to public transport should be served. This ensures more mobility while at the same time reducing the volume of traffic overall. Lennestadt was selected as a model region for this. In the next two years, the project will be scientifically monitored and, if the response is positive, expanded to other regions.
The advantages for Lennestadt:
- inexpensively traveling throughout the city
- More mobility through better utilization of the existing cars
- More carpooling protects the environment and contributes to the reduction of CO2
- strengthens the sense of community
Your benefits as a driver:
With Molly you're always in good company and you get 30 cents per kilometer driven (not per passenger). Also: The more people ride, the fewer cars are on the road in Altenhundem. And that means more mobility and clean air for everyone!
Your benefits as a passenger:
With Molly you are flexible when you are out and about in Lennestadt. You can reach districts that are less easy to reach by bus. You also save money: A trip booked through Molly only costs 30 cents per kilometer.