It unlocks the following features of the free or beta versions of MediaMonkey:
Wi-Fi Sync: to keep your MMA library content (incl. ratings, play history, volume levels, etc.) synced with your PC
UPnP/DLNA: to play / download content from UPnP/DLNA servers
Folder browsing: to navigate your library over the device's physical file hierarchy
Configurable home screen: to customize what content appears on the MMA home screen
And more in the future...
Thanks for supporting the ongoing development of MediaMonkey for Android!
This is the pre-release version for users who want to test out the latest and (sometimes) greatest. To sync wirelessly, it must be used with the latest MediaMonkey for Windows beta build.
MediaMonkey helps you navigate and manage and sync large music collections. Key features in the initial release:
- Sync with MediaMonkey for Windows (Playlists, media including file info, ratings, lyrics, play history, etc.)
- Manage and sync Music, Classical music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, etc...
- Navigate by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist, by Folder, etc.) with support for multiple attributes (e.g. Genre=Rock;Alternative)
- Play any content supported by your Android device (it relies on Android codecs), with replay gain (volume leveling), an equalizer, and sleep timer
- Bookmarking for large files (e.g. Audiobooks, videos)
- Access, play, and download media from UPnP/DLNA servers
- Player widgets for home screen or lock screen
- Lock Screen Player for Android < 4.2
- Lyrics lookup
- Edit properties for single/multiple files
- Manage single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, playlist management, delete, use as ringtone, share)
- Playlist management with hierarchy
- Now Playing views: Individual (swipeable UI for in-car use) / Tracklist
- Compatible with with third-party scrobblers (Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid, Last.fm)
- Compatible with Beats audio on HTC devices
- Full-library search
The Beta build expires 15 days after the most recent installation/update (it can can be used indefinitely, as long as it is updated every 15 days).
Explanation re. Permissions:
Storage: Read, modify or delete the contents of your USB storage - to sync/download content via UPnP
Your accounts: find accounts on the device - to allow purcases of feature upgrades
Network communication: full network access, pair with bluetooth devices - for Wi-Fi sync / UPnP & bluetooth playback
Hardware controls: change your audio settings - for audio/video playback
- allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception - for UPnP/DLNA
- change system display settings - for uninterrupted video playback
- connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi - for Wi-Fi Sync and UPnP/DNA
- modify system settings - for audio settings
- prevent tablet from sleeping - for video playback
- retrieve running apps - to show/hide the tray icon
Development tools: test access to protected storage - to sync/download content via UPnP
- Google Play billing service - to buy feature addons
- view network connections - for WiFi sync / UPnP
- view Wi-Fi connections - for WiFi sync / UPnP
System tools: install shortcuts - to create shortcuts to playlists
Read phone status and identity - to hide the Lock Screen Player (only on versions of Android < 4.2) during a phone call
Disable your screen lock - to allow for a Lock Screen Player on versions of Android < 4.2
Vote for new features here! https://mmremote.uservoice.com
NOTE: Needs the MediaMonkey Remote Server installed on your computer. This is a free Windows application that can be downloaded from http://mmremote.net.
SUPER NOTE: If you have a bug you want fixed, or a feature suggestion you want implemented, please, please use e-mail or forum to tell us about it! If you post it as a comment here, we have NO WAY of contacting you to ask for details, and it is thus often impossible to help you.
The forum can be found here: http://forum.erlenddahl.net/
- Works with all versions of MediaMonkey.
- Display title, album and artist of currently playing song.
- Play, pause, next song, previous song, stop, stop after current, shuffle, continuous play.
- Nifty swipe feature for next/previous song.
- Control the playback using a trackbar.
- Manipulate the 'Now Playing' list in any way you want.
- Browse your music library and play anything you want.
- Browse your playlists (both manual and auto playlists), and play entire lists or selected songs.
- Control the sound volume of both MediaMonkey and Windows itself (including mute), and override the devices hardware volume buttons if you so wish.
- Rate your songs (with support for half stars).
- Widget (now with rating)
- Permanent notification
- Computer menu
In order to use this app, you obviously need MediaMonkey, but you also need the MediaMonkey Remote Server installed on your computer. This is a free Windows application that can be downloaded from http://mmremote.net.
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us using the e-mail on this page or the forum: http://forum.erlenddahl.net.
Help for the "Missing MediaMonkey" error can be found here: http://forum.erlenddahl.net/default.aspx?g=posts&m=333
- Can't control system volume on Windows XP machines (MediaMonkey volume can still be controlled, though).
- Some Windows 7 computers have problems with browsing the library from the remote.
- People with huge playlists should deactivate "Send album arts" in the server to reduce memory usage. Working on a fix.
Using MediaMonkey, you can easily navigate your media collection to find just the right file and set it as as a:
- Standard ringtone
- Contact-specific ringtone
MediaMonkey Ringtone Maker requires the following permissions:
modify your contacts - to set custom ringtones for a contact
read call log - to play custom ringtones
read your contacts - to choose contacts with which to associate a ringtone
write call log - to set contacts' custom ringtones
PlayerPro features a beautiful, fast and intuitive interface, alongside powerful audio configuration options. In addition, there is a choice of several FREE plugins to complement it: 20+ skins, DSP Pack, Widget Pack ...
PlayerPro has been in the top five android apps in the music & audio category for over two years and is actively being developed and supported.
Note: the Pro version is standalone. Please uninstall the trial version after purchase.
* Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.
* Video browser and player.
* Automatically downloads missing album artwork, artist pictures and genre illustrations.
* Manually pick your preferred album artwork, artist pictures, genre illustrations from the Internet, the Gallery app, ID3 tags, or album folder.
* Change the user interface of the Player by installing one of the 20+ available SKINS, all for FREE.
* Customize the layout, choosing between GRID or LIST views.
* Read album and artist REVIEWS.
* Download, search and and save LYRICS to your music files using standard ID3 tags.
* Single and group TAG EDITING: title, album, artist, album artist, track, year, genre, comment.
* Mixable AUDIO EFFECTS for Android >2.3 devices: 5 band graphic EQUALIZER with default/customizable presets, STEREO WIDENING effect, REVERB effects (large hall, medium hall, plate, small room, medium room, large room), BASS BOOST effect, volume control.
* FREE additional DSP PLUGIN: 10 band graphic EQUALIZER with 15 default/customizable presets, PRE-AMP control, BASS BOOST control, STEREO WIDENING control, left-right volume control. GAPLESS playback. Auto/Manual CROSSFADE. REPLAY GAIN. Audio Limiter. Go to Settings > Audio and select "Download DSP pack" option to install the free plugin.
* Dolby, SRS and Beats audio sound effects for HTC devices equipped with HTC sound enhancement.
* Music stats and SMART PLAYLISTS: Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played, Least played. Build additional custom playlists using the SMART PLAYLIST EDITOR and the many different criteria it offers: album, artist, genre, title, play/skip count, last played/added, rating, is a podcast, duration, year, file path etc. All smart playlists are AUTO-UPDATED.
* Import and export music history and ratings from your favorite desktop music player: Songbird, Winamp, Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey ...
* Music folder selection.
* Choice of 2 LOCK SCREEN widgets with many customization options: unlock slider, sound toggler, skip tracks using volume buttons, swipe gestures, background selection, controls selection, time display, skin selection ...
* Choice of 5 different home screen WIDGETS (4x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x2). All widgets are customizable and skinnable: 6 different SKINS available, option to display artist picture instead of album artwork, option to display ratings, shuffle/repeat controls etc.
* NOTIFICATION STATUS support: display album artwork, title, album and artist, play/pause, skip forward and stop CONTROLS (ICS only) in notification status.
* Supported SCROBBLERS: Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid, Official Last.fm app.
* SLEEP TIMER with fade out.
* SHARE text notifications, album/artist artwork on your favorite social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Picasa etc.
* HEADSET support. Customize long press and double/triple press actions.
* Library wide SEARCH. VOICE search support.
* SWIPE gestures (player: swipe album art to skip songs, browsers: swipe left to play next, swipe right to play last).
* SHAKE IT feature: give your phone a shake to play next/previous song (e.g.: shake top to bottom or bottom to top to play next/previous song).
... and many other features to discover!
Plan your own Glastonbury Festival with Glastonbury Guide, the unofficial Glastonbury app.
This application allows you to browse every Glastonbury artist alphabetically, by stage or by day. Select those artists you wish to see and build your own Glastonbury schedule. Get notifications directly on your phone in time to make it to each set so you never miss a song.
See you all at Glastonbury 2014!
* This is an unofficial application, in no way affiliated with the Glastonbury Festival organizers
It is based on the standard Music Player from The Android Open Source Project (which comes pre-installed on many Android phones).
Enhancements over the standard Music Player:
* Genre support:
- genre browsing tab
- show genre of currently playing song
* Do not pretend that album is a proper subcategory of artist (one album can contain songs from different artists)
* Show number of songs for all categories (artist, album, genre), folders and playlists
* Jump directly to list of songs for artist/genre from currently playing song view
* Integrate current playing song and play queue view
* Always show currently playing song footer in lists, with play/pause and next button
* Improved play queue
* Improved shuffling
* Possible to force rescan of music library
* Application settings
* Delete from playlist by slide
* Track info screen
* Browse by folder
* Search for song, artist and album
* Shuffle stored playlist
* Interleave category/folder/playlist with play queue
* Export playlist to M3U file in Music folder
* Possibility to stop after current song
* Remote control in lock screen
* Basic tablet support
* Pause button in system notification
With even more choices today between iTunes, social networks, and your old MP3s, organizing and remembering all your favorite music has become a task more daunting than in the past. As your music collection continues to grow, how can we make it super-easy to navigate your expansive music collection?
HABU is here to help solve that problem…
• Analyze and navigate a highly personalized mood map of your music library.
• Generate mood-based playlists powered by Gracenote, the largest and most comprehensive global database of music information in the world.
• Discover new music based on songs from your music library.
• Play music that fits your mood---100 granular moods and 25 grouped moods organize your music by characteristics such as Sensual, Peaceful, Cool, and Rowdy.
• Playback music from iCloud.
• Learn from your music collection. Are you a Happy Energetic person or Somber Melancholy? HABU knows.
• Share your unique mood map and awesome music discoveries on Facebook.
• Enjoy HABU in 10 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified).
Audio: mp3, ogg, flac, m4b(partial support), mp4, 3gp, mid, wma(not all devices), xmf, mxmf, rtttl,rtx, wav, m4a, amr.
Video: mp4, 3gp
Adjustable audio speed[only 2.0x-6.0x] (only mp3)
Adjustable speed pitch control
Playlist auto generation based on a selected folder
Search in playlists and music browser
Sorting tracks by rating and play count
M3U playlists support
Select a folder for playback
Resume/pause playback when the headset is plugged/unplugged
Bluetooth headset support
Hotkeys, actions, menu, and buttons organizers
Preloaded Internet Radio stations[only 1]
Fetching cover arts[only from ID3tags]
Lyrics from tags
Non-Unicode encoding support (displays Artist, Album in your own language for Non-Unicode encodings)
Astro Player Wiki
Astro Player Support Forum
*** Now with tablet optimization! ***
Please note that bad recognitions are *not* my fault, they are the fault of Gracenote. I am looking into a possible alternative, but for now, please refrain from giving the app a bad review for bad recognition.
Are you sick of looking at all those songs in your music library which have no cover art or correct metadata such as title, artist or album? Then Get is for you! Get not finds out what the data for the song you are listening to is (like many apps out there), but also organizes them by applying the downloaded metadata to the files so it can be read by any music player such as Google Play Music! It does this in the background on your entire library without any input required from you! (You can also edit the tags manually if you want)
Find all missing album art for your songs
Edit album information like album or artist name
High resolution artwork
Manual cover load from gallery
Search by artist or album name to find that specific album artwork
More from developer
You can control the following functions of MediaMonkey with your android phone:
- Display artist, album and title
- Display and control the position in the current title via jog dial
- Volume, previous track, next track, play, pause, repeat, shuffle, mute
- View album covers
- Display and edit the rating of songs
- Browse your music database by artist or album
- Display and edit the playlist
- Search your database by artist, album or title
- Use playlists you defined in MediaMonkey
- Download and synchronize music to your device via WLAN
You need RemoteMonkeyServer on your PC. It's available free of charge on my homepage.
Please install the demo version before buying to test compatibility with your device.
Tracking-app for Android
GPSLog@Home sends your current position in adjustable intervals to your own server at home. Your data will only be saved on your own computer. A Smartphone with a GPS receiver and Android version 2.1 or higher is required.
The HTTP-protocol is used for sending positions. You can use a HTTP-Server of your choice für receiving the data.
Alternatively you can use GPSLog@HomeServer which is available free of charge in the download area of my homepage. It displays your track on a map directly. GPSLog@HomeServer can display tracks of multiple users in different colours at the same time. In addition, the tracks are saved to csv- and gpx-files.
Use GPSLog@Home for mountain biking, hiking, running, sailing and other outdoor activities so that your partner at home or your friends can see your current location.