The Siedle app for Smart Gateway turns the mobile phone into a mobile upgrade of an In-Home door intercom system from Siedle: It allows you to see who is standing outside your door, talk to visitors at the entrance and open the door if you choose – no matter where you are. The connection is established via WLAN or via the mobile phone network* (e.g. 3G). The video image is immediately available. The speech quality fulfils Siedle's stringent standards, and the door is opened by pressing the familiar key symbol with a fingertip.
* The Siedle app for Smart Gateway transmits the audio signal via the data channel of the mobile phone network (VoIP).
Depending on the tariff and contractual conditions of the network provider, this use of the network may be inadmissible or entail costs. Some providers also attempt to prohibit or restrict VoIP functionality. The degree of voice quality depends on the local signal strength of the mobile network.
The Siedle app is the mobile complement to a door intercom system and does not replace an indoor device. For this reason, Siedle recommends including a wired indoor station in your system planning alongside the app.
For operation of this Siedle app, the Smart Gateway is required in connection with the In-Home bus installation system. A free user licence for the Smart Gateway is also required.
– Audio and video door communication
– Secure door release function
– Switching command for the central light-switching contact of the In-Home-system
– Hands-free function
– Microphone muting
– Video memory function
– Access the picture memory of the Smart Gateway (display, copy or delete pictures)
– Different ringtones
– Latest software version for Smart Gateway (V. 1.6 for SG 650, V 1.2 for SG 150)
– Active internet connection for Smart Gateway
– Mobile phone with Android operating system version 6 or higher
– Stable Wi-Fi and UMTS/LTE connection (3G/4G) (Download: Constant 1 MBit/s
(exclusively for this application) and Upload: Constant 512 kBit/s (exclusively for this application))
The Siedle app was developed for mobile phones with Android operating system version 6 or higher.
The market release was carried out with the following reference devices:
Samsung S6 (Android 6), Samsung S7 (Android 7), Samsung S8 (Android 8), Google Pixel 2 (Android 8/9)