7 Day Refund Policy
Try it for a week, listen to a book, and if you are not happy with the app just email me to request a refund. I will need the order number found in the order receipt Google emails you at the time of purchase.
For fast, friendly support email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a player only, you must provide your own audiobooks to play.
You can download books from sites such as https://librivox.org/ or http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/ or any place that provides DRM free audio.
Written with a focus on simple design and ease of use with an interface that puts your books on display and doesn't get in your way. Tap anywhere on the background to play and pause. Use gesture controls to skip forward or back. A slide out navigation drawer for when you need it. The player brings many convenient features such as downloading book cover art from within the app, sync position across multiple devices, set a time when the sleep countdown timer is automatically active if book is played, auto adjust sound levels, a play queue to auto start the next book when your current book finishes, and many more.
I listen to audio books every day and I wrote this player as a labor of love. I've spent many hundreds of hours developing this app, and continue to invest a lot of time in improvements and updates. If you enjoy audiobooks like I do, please give it a try. I hope you will enjoy using it.
• No advertisements. No in-app purchases to unlock features.
• Folder based library automatically stays in sync with your audiobook folder. Each book should be placed in its own folder. Allows books to be organized within subfolders. Library will allow you to browse folders, or list of all books at once.
• Plays mp3, m4b, m4a, wma and ogg files. (must be DRM free)
• Variable playback speed (0.5 to 3.0x) support for mp3 files.
• Built in sync support. You can synchronize current position and bookmarks to multiple devices.
• Cover art is added from embedded art, images in the book folder, or can be downloaded easily from within the app.
• Position History.
• Chapter search. Skip next/previous or jump to any file. This must be enabled in settings. Embedded chapters not currently supported.
• Bluetooth play/pause/skip support.
• Remembers last played volume for headset, Bluetooth, speaker, and sleep mode.
• Home screen widgets.
• Lock-screen control.
• Play queue. Automatically starts the next book in the queue when the current book finishes.
• Navigation drawer that can slide away when not needed.
• Play/Pause from notification pull-down (Android 3.0+)
• Sleep timer with shake to reset, set custom notification sounds, and a few unique options.
• Fade sound options for sleep timer.
• Auto rewind depending on paused time, customize rewind times to your liking.
• Set custom short and long button skip times.
• Set custom colors for progress bar.
• Headset button play/pause support (double press to skip back).
• Option to hide status bar notification when not playing.
• Actively being developed, always more good stuff in the works!
English, Deutsch (German), Pусский (Russian), Polski (Polish)
Needs network and storage permissions in order to download and save book cover art.
View network connections required by sync feature.
Phone call permission for pause/resume on calls.
Pair with Bluetooth devices permission to allow optional auto play when connecting to bluetooth.
Wake Lock to ensure audio plays when screen is off.
Retrieve running apps for background service to know if the app is showing.
Change your audio settings for equalizer.
Audio books from LibriVox are free thanks to the dedicated work of hundreds of volunteers who record, edit and distribute the books. New releases are prepared daily, and the entire catalog spans the breadth of world literature, including novels, history, biography, short stories, poetry and more in both fiction and non-fiction.
The LibriVox audio book app makes it easy to search for free audio books, as well as classic radio dramas. You can browse by title, author or genre, look at new recordings, or search for specific key words. Because the books are free, you can listen to as much or as little of a book as you like with no cost. The app remembers your position, so when you return to a book later, you can start listening at the place where you left off.
To see the LibriVox Audio Book catalog, visit http://librivox.bookdesign.biz
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to the differences in audio capabilities between different Android OS versions and device models, it is recommended you install the trial version before using this application, to ensure that your audio files are playable on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp.trial
Read the full manual at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByHIlLQe6aBabWRJOVE2MFBDbVE&export=download&hl=en
• Supports all the major audio book and other audio formats: M4A, M4B (including iPod chaptered books), MP4, MP3, ogg vorbis.
• Reads cover images and chapter information from within audio book files.
• Parses WMA and FLAC (actual ability to play depends on your device).
• Maintain your last position and last set volume level for each book.
• Partial play speed control (IMPORTANT: requires purchase of Presto app and is limited to MP3 and OGG formats, will not work on M4B books).
• Allows bookmarks for each book.
• Configurable step buttons for quick shifts forwards or backwards.
• Easy to use “go to” dialog that will take you instantly to any chapter or position throughout the book.
• Home Screen Widget.
• Allows a one-click automatic download of covers for any book, or for your entire library at once.
• A configurable “lock” mode, which prevents accidental changes of position during play.
• Sleep Timer, pausing play after a specified time.
• Loads your entire library at once: offers a one-click scan of any folder tree on your device.
• The player screen offers a host of accessibility and experience improving features, including large-font and human voice indication (and approval) for your actions.
• Allows undoing and redoing any accidental change in position while listening.
For easy listening to your audiobook without looking at the screen (while engaged in some other action or for the visually impaired) it offers a range of accessibility features (including human voice indications) as well as an option to lock the player against accidental changes.
The player is highly recommended not just for audiobooks, but for any episodic format, such as music albums or podcasts.
A note on permissions:
• Internet access is only done at your express request to download covers (it is never launched without a user pressing the download cover button). No personal information is ever sent outside your phone.
• Access to your phone’s state is required to pause the player when a call comes in. No other use of this permission is made.
• Writing to the external storage is required if you choose to save the app’s data (library, images, etc.) on the SD card, instead of the device’s internal storage. No other use of this permission is made.
• Battery status and wake lock permissions are used to prevent locking the device (when configured by the user) when playing or when playing while connected to a power source.
Folder Player is a popular and totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks. Supports MP3 format, as well as (*IF* supported by your hardware), FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA among others.
Just navigate deep to any directory you like and play it. You an play individual files too.
Folder Player is a freeware which knows how to play whole directories. It can browse and play individual files, folders, or full folder trees.
Why another music player for Android?
There are many great mp3 players out there. If you're happy with them, you probably don't need another one. But chances are, you have same problem as I had before I created this app - you tried many players (like MortPlayer or WinAmp), and your mp3 tag-based access to your music still too cumbersome, because your world defined - yes - by folders.
Is Folder Player a solution?
If you need advanced capabilities of a desktop player - Folder Player is probably not the right fit.
This player focuses on things that really are important: browsing and playing music on a portable device, and that's exactly what makes this app stand out.
You can learn more, join beta program or leave feedback at http://folderplayer.com
If you like the player - it is important to rate this app - here is why:
More people rate it -> more people see it -> more feedback -> more updates
(by the way same applies to other apps you like, rate them too!)
Other features include:
- integration with bluetooth headphones (and car)
- integration with last.fm (via scrobbler)
- pauses during phone calls and navigation speech
- sequential and random play
- configurable settings
- Double press headset button to skip track
- Search (Android 4+)
I would like to thank all the fans of this app, for your feedback, donation, translations and also Uplink (http://vinisoft.com) who helped me with the UI for this app.
Want to be part of the beta program? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.folderplayer
There's no easy way. Practice makes perfect.
We just want to be small assist for your long way.
Play playback Speed Control/Pitch control
Extracting Audio from movie file and play audio with speed control
Subtitle support(.smi, .srt)
Headset Button Control
MP3 Edit (Cutting and Merging)
Powerful MP3 file manager
Text/Image Viewer ( Lyrics in MP3 file.)
Silence auto detection, move, repetition,...
Powerful Bookmark (History)
Most of audio, video format are supported.
(In case of video file, it extracts audio and play with speed control)
Best with POD Cast , Audio Book , Pimsleur
Audio Music Player Foreign Language study player
Listening test English Chinese French German Italian Japanese Korean Portuguese Russian Spanish Lessons GMAT SAT Score IELTS
LNAT PREP EAP International education Language schools
Exam Test FLEX TOEFL JLPT JPT HSK GRE ETS OPIC POD Cast
Good morning pops GMP High middle school Audio Book
The audio of these audio stories is integrated into the application, so NO NEED INTERNET for playback, eliminating the problems of streaming, playing cuts and other annoying problems typical of other applications of the same gender.
The interpretation of the texts is performed by professional actors, studio recorded, providing a unique experience of these wonderful tales alive.
Fables translated to Spanish!!!
Bookmarks, variable speed playback, A-B repeat, equalizer, scrobbling, and more.
Supported audio formats : mp3, ogg, wav (pcm)
- Doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. See Q&A.
** if you've updated your phone to JellyBean (4.0 -> 4.1 or 4.1 -> 4.2):
Please uninstall and then reinstall Maple. (because Jellybean has a new file system)
Want to help translate to your language?
* Browse and play your audio by folders, playlists, albums, artists, and genres
* Tempo control (variable speed playback)
Change tempo from 0.25x to 4.00x with the same pitch
* Pitch control
Change pitch from -0.5 to +0.5 octave (-6.00 to +6.00 semitones)
* Auto playback history
* Sleep timer
* Selectable themes
* ICS lockscreen support
(requires android 4.0 and up)
and more ...
You can activate the following extra features by purchasing Unlocker.
* No banner ads
* Tempo from 0.25x to 5.00x
* Pitch from -2 to +2 octaves (-24.00 to +24.00 semitones)
* Bass Booster
* Reverb Presets (it doesn't work well on many devices)
to auto-stop audio playback when your phone starts ringing.
to save playlists and bookmarks
to get the real-time audio waveform for the visualizer. Look at the following link to get the details: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Visualizer.html
to prevent your device from sleeping during playback
for ads and Google Analytics
for volume control and sound effects
General Questions/Answers for Maple
Q. Cannot open MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. Why?
A. The app doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate (or other downloaders). They are not real MP3 files in many cases.
Q. Sound skipping during playback
A. Please increase the 'Audio Buffer Size' in the settings.
* General note about choosing the best audio buffer size
The bigger the audio buffer size, the lower the chance you will hear unexpected clicks in the audio when using a lot of processing power. But at the same a bigger audio buffer size also causes a higher latency.
Using a smaller audio buffer size gives you a lower latency, but then make sure your CPU can handle it, otherwise clicks may appear in your audio because the CPU can't process it all quick enough.
Many Great Audio Books for your listening pleasure.
View List of AudioBooks organized by Chapters. Listen, Pause, Resume Any Chapter of Any Audio Book.
Add Books you love to a Special Favorite List for Easy Access. Play, Pause, Resume books even if you exit the App. It remembers where you left off and you can continue to listen.
Books such as:
A Christmas Carol; Absolute Surrender; Alice in Wonderland, American Indian Fairy Tales; Pilgrim Progress, Romeo and Juliet and a lot, lot more.
Audio Book Catalog will dynamically grow as we add more Audio books to the Catalog. The App will give the list of the latest books added, every time.
Download into your device and Enjoy it for Free.
This app supports the following languages:
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Turkish.
Please contact me via email in case of problems.
This player behaves different to the Android standard player and most alternative players. It is particularly suitable for people who often want to switch between music and audio books/podcasts.
* Folder list
The user interface of the player is not based on artists or albums, but on the folder structure. Each folder which contains audio files will appear in the list separately.
* Quickly switch between folders
If you select a folder in the folder list, it will start exactly at the last played position. This allows you to quickly switch between folders. There no need to create bookmarks manually.
* Seek Buttons
For long podcasts and audio books it is difficult to skip to a certain position. Especially if the audio book is one big file. Therefore the Music Folder Player provides 'Seek Buttons'. They can be used to jump in step forward or backward. The jump distance and direction is configurable for each button between 1s and 99s and between 1% and 9%.
* Equalizer (devices with Android 2.3 or newer)
> Customizable settings: 4
> Predefined settings: 8 (Bass Booster, Bass Reducer, Treble Booster, Treble Reducer, Vocal Booster, Vocal Reducer, Volume Booster, Party)
Sorry, but implementing equalizer and effects for older Android versions is very complex and requires licenses.
* Virtual Room Effect (Android 2.3 or newer) ,
* Reverb Effect (Android 2.3 or newer)
* Balance control
* Font Size
Since there are many different Android devices with different screen resolutions, you can adjust the font size to your needs.
* Shuffle files within the current folder.
* Shuffle files of all folders
* Repeat single files (long press on playing track)
* Delete single files
You can delete a single file if is is not played currently. Simply long press on the file and choose 'Delete'.
* Rename single files
You can rename a single file if is is not played currently. Simply long press on the file and choose 'Rename'.
* Sleep Timer
The sleep timer stops and exits the player after a selectable time or at the end of the current track. The sound is fading out some seconds before the timer ends. This prevents you from waking up suddenly.
* Extended headset control
If your headset has only one button, you can skip to the next track by double click. A single click pauses the playback. This also works in shuffle mode.
* Undo function
If you accidentally touch a button or select another track, the undo button appears.
* Lyrics via musiXmatch app
* Last.fm scrobbling via Last.fm app or 'Simple Last.fm Scrobbler'
* Search function
The ad-free version of this player is available on the market now.
For more information please visit my website.
Please report bugs and suggestions by e-mail.
Tags: Music player, musicplayer, MortPlayer, audiobook, audio book, hörbuch, podcast, PlayerPro, Poweramp, Meridian, Astro Player, Mixzing, WinAmp
Simple doesn't mean basic, and feature-filled doesn't mean slow or difficult to use; Clean Music combines an easy-to-use UI with a small amount of powerful features and meaningful customization options.
There's an in-app purchase to add a few extra features (playlists, scrobbling, and album artwork), but most users are satisfied with the free version.
WHAT'S IN THE FREE VERSION
☆ Take advantage of all the cool Android features: Gapless playback and notification controls on Android 4.1+, lockscreen controls and an equalizer on Android 4.0+, and integration with other apps on all Android versions.
☆ Specify exactly what you want to play by long-click selecting songs and folders. For example, loop a single song by long clicking it, clicking the play button, and turning repeat on. And/or shuffle all your music by long-clicking your music folder, tapping play, and shuffling.
☆ In a long song or audiobook, keep your place with Remember Position, and move around by tapping the numbers next to the seek bar.
☆ If order is important, and the file names are not already sorted, MetaSort them.
☆ Go to sleep to your music using the Sleep Timer.
☆ And search (even using Google Now's "listen to" command).
WHAT'S IN THE PRO VERSION
★ Save a selection of songs, or what you're listening to now, as a playlist.
★ Push what you're listening to Last.fm (using ScrobbleDroid), and they can recommend new music.
★ And show off your album artwork.
HOW TO HELP OUT
Interested in beta testing? Sign up at <https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103751840755111332377>.
TinyPlayer, Folder Music Player, MortPlayer Audiobooks, Beam Player, NSPlayer
- Graphical equalizer for your music library
- 5 band EQ
- 3 audio effects (Virtualizer, Bass Boost, and Reverb)
- 10 built in EQ Presets
- Create and save your own audio presets
- Bypass mode to quickly compare the original and equalized audio
MUSIC LIBRARY FEATURES:
- Enhances your listening experience with Denon Music Maniac Headphones or other audio playback devices such as a/v receivers, car stereos via USB, or Bluetooth.
- Powerful queue based playback system lets you build and order your own playlist on the fly.
- Save the playback queue as a new playlist
- A single song, all songs on an album, all songs by an artist, and all songs in a genre can easily be added to the now playing queue.
- Supports both portrait and landscape modes for browsing, playing, and equalizing
- Shuffle and repeat playback modes
- Music library browsing by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Compilation, and Podcast (no importing needed)
INTERNET RADIO FEATURES:
- The TuneIn service provides global access to Internet radio – covering over 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs including sports, news, talk, music and comedy.
- Browse Internet radio stations by location, genre, language or Podcast (on-demand programs).
- Powerful search feature for your music library and Internet Radio
- Save your favorite Internet Radio stations or programs as convenient presets and share them with other TuneIn compatible devices
- Ability to choose high or low quality streams offered by broadcasters
- Share what you’re listening to via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, or Text Message
- The Denon Audio app requires Android 2.2.x or later
- DRM protected music is NOT supported
- WiFi or data connection required to stream Internet radio
PlayerPro features a beautiful, fast and intuitive interface, alongside powerful audio configuration options. In addition, there is a choice of several FREE plugins to complement it: 20+ skins, DSP Pack, Widget Pack ...
PlayerPro has been in the top five android apps in the music & audio category for over two years and is actively being developed and supported.
Note: the Pro version is standalone. Please uninstall the trial version after purchase.
* Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.
* Video browser and player.
* Automatically downloads missing album artwork, artist pictures and genre illustrations.
* Manually pick your preferred album artwork, artist pictures, genre illustrations from the Internet, the Gallery app, ID3 tags, or album folder.
* Change the user interface of the Player by installing one of the 20+ available SKINS, all for FREE.
* Customize the layout, choosing between GRID or LIST views.
* Read album and artist REVIEWS.
* Download, search and and save LYRICS to your music files using standard ID3 tags.
* Single and group TAG EDITING: title, album, artist, album artist, track, year, genre, comment.
* Mixable AUDIO EFFECTS for Android >2.3 devices: 5 band graphic EQUALIZER with default/customizable presets, STEREO WIDENING effect, REVERB effects (large hall, medium hall, plate, small room, medium room, large room), BASS BOOST effect, volume control.
* FREE additional DSP PLUGIN: 10 band graphic EQUALIZER with 15 default/customizable presets, PRE-AMP control, BASS BOOST control, STEREO WIDENING control, left-right volume control. GAPLESS playback. Auto/Manual CROSSFADE. REPLAY GAIN. Audio Limiter. Go to Settings > Audio and select "Download DSP pack" option to install the free plugin.
* Dolby, SRS and Beats audio sound effects for HTC devices equipped with HTC sound enhancement.
* Music stats and SMART PLAYLISTS: Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played, Least played. Build additional custom playlists using the SMART PLAYLIST EDITOR and the many different criteria it offers: album, artist, genre, title, play/skip count, last played/added, rating, is a podcast, duration, year, file path etc. All smart playlists are AUTO-UPDATED.
* Import and export music history and ratings from your favorite desktop music player: Songbird, Winamp, Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey ...
* Music folder selection.
* Choice of 2 LOCK SCREEN widgets with many customization options: unlock slider, sound toggler, skip tracks using volume buttons, swipe gestures, background selection, controls selection, time display, skin selection ...
* Choice of 5 different home screen WIDGETS (4x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x2). All widgets are customizable and skinnable: 6 different SKINS available, option to display artist picture instead of album artwork, option to display ratings, shuffle/repeat controls etc.
* NOTIFICATION STATUS support: display album artwork, title, album and artist, play/pause, skip forward and stop CONTROLS (ICS only) in notification status.
* Supported SCROBBLERS: Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid, Official Last.fm app.
* SLEEP TIMER with fade out.
* SHARE text notifications, album/artist artwork on your favorite social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Picasa etc.
* HEADSET support. Customize long press and double/triple press actions.
* Library wide SEARCH. VOICE search support.
* SWIPE gestures (player: swipe album art to skip songs, browsers: swipe left to play next, swipe right to play last).
* SHAKE IT feature: give your phone a shake to play next/previous song (e.g.: shake top to bottom or bottom to top to play next/previous song).
... and many other features to discover!
Automatically bookmarks position.
You control the files in your audio book list.
Ability to scan sd card to automatically add audio book to your media list.
To keep files organized, create folder for audio books. Audio books with multiple files should be in their own subfolders.
Audio Book Play can be launched when selecting audio file from file system.
Play Speed Control. Note: This uses the Stable Speed Library (developed by StuntByte).
For more information Choose Help from the Menu. Then choose 'Settings Help'
Settings for bookmark frequency. Forward & Back button skip time.
Most audio book players are bloated with buttons and controls rarely used. This player is designed to show you your list of audio books and play them.
If there are some features that you need. Email email@example.com
Listen to free audio books on the go!
Books sorted by Title A-Z!
Easily search through Database for Books!
It contains the various Classic Books, Story Books, Children Books, Drama, Play etc.
--Listen to various Books via Streaming Audio Files (Internet Required)
This player Has the features The Most Commonly used to start a playing very quickly.
The application also allows you to edit its CD covers in ID3 tag files and the data base of android. The jackets come from Google Image, the applciation lets you choose between 8 frames per jacket.
A widget is available and his size is customizable.
- Browse all music files from your smartphone by Artist / Album / Genre / Music
- Add all the music of an artist / album / genre to current playlist
- Edit the current playlist
- Automatic recording of the last playlist
- Saving the playlist with a custom name
- Control over the player buttons or bluetooth headset.
- Alternate color elements
- Choose a color theme
- Choose the number of columns to display.
- Select multiple tracks in the playlist
- Improving the speed of loading artists
- Contact form to suggest improvements
- New icon on the screen to go to the current playlist
- Prompt confirm before closing the application
- Exit the applicaiton with the "Back" button stops the playback, use "home" to reduce
- Complete change drawer navigation
News of version 2.3.1:
- A Widget!
- Russian language
- Spanish language
- One equalizer frequency!
- Improved route caching, data management ...
Russian translation by Glum Tikhon and icons by JF Tolaguera.
Follow us on twitter @PowerampAPP to get instant updates on app development progress, feature spotlight, theme sharing, take part in giveaways and even chances for free copies of Poweramp.
Please check Common Questions/Answers below in the description.
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (incl. alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff (* some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
- separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
- stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
- OpenGL based cover art animation
- downloads missing album art
- custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
- 4 widget types with many selectable styles, advanced customization; Android 4.2 lock screen widgets
- configurable lock screen
- headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)
- tag editor
- fast library scan
- high level of customization via settings
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp v2.x:
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
Poweramp library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed Poweramp 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders.
Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks.
Poweramp 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it.
Q. Can I get Poweramp v1.4 look?
A. You can download "Poweramp Classic Skin" on Market.
More from developer
Home screen Widgets in separate download "MortPlayer Widgets"
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_Music/
- Folder based navigation with simple folder change and auto progress to next folder
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports ScrobbleDroid and Simple last.fm Scrobbler (both interfaces also supported by many other scrobblers, like the official last.fm app)
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
If both are installed and none is running, you can select which player to initialize.
ATTENTION: Although it shouldn't be allowed (there's an "information file" included in every app), some ROMs/devices might install this app to SD. This often causes the Widgets not to be enlisted in Widget selection. In this case, please move the app to main storage (you can do this with some entry in the system preferences).
If you experience troubles like weird display or nonresponsive widgets, try to remove an re-add the widget.
No bloated contact manager, no bells and whistles, just a simple list of contacts and assigned ringtones. Tap a contact to assign a different ringtone. That's all.
(Uses Android's ringtone selection. No download, no free file selection.)
It's still in pretty early development state, and was mostly made for personal use. It seems pretty stable to me, but there might be dragons... ;-)
While I'm aware some of it can be done with e.g. the calendar, this tool allows a bit more without cluttering your calendar schedule.
Please note it's a quite new app, so while everything worked fine in my tests, bugs might happen.
Supported schedule types are:
- Fixed time: just remind you at a single time
- Timer: send a notification after some minutes
- Week days: select the days of the week you like to be notified, handy for alarms
- Day of year: same procedure as every year?
- Day of month: same day every month
Supported notification types are:
- System: The well known notification in the notification bar, optionally with sound and/or vibration
- Pebble: Send you notification directly to the Pebble without having to clean up any system notifications (requires official Pebble app with enabled 3rd party notifications)
- Openwatch: Have a watch supported by the Openwatch app? Great, similar like Pebble for you then.