This is not a hacking tool. It will not allow you to remove any permissions. It provides information that helps you protect your privacy and uninstall unwanted apps.
Did you know that some of your apps can make phone calls, track your location, read your browsing history, SMS, contacts, calendar, photos, and share this information with third parties (ad networks, malicious sites, online criminals, spying governments...) without your knowledge? Install F-Secure App Permissions and protect your privacy.
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING:
- "If you want to know about the permissions then this is the app for you".
- "Love it, more info than you ever likely want to know about your Apps!".
- "Should be in Android by default".
F-SECURE APP PERMISSIONS FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Requires ZERO permissions, which means that it is the MOST PRIVACY-FRIENDLY app you can find!
- Checks for apps that may threaten your privacy and notifies you during installation and updates.
- Multiple filters that make it easy for you to search apps based on their permissions.
- Comprehensive information about your apps: package, disk space, installation date, source...
- Easily uninstalls and rates any app.
- A simple and clean interface.
HOW TO USE F-SECURE APP PERMISSIONS:
- Compare the list of permissions for an app to its key features. There should always be a logical connection between them. For example, if an app is supposed to send messages, then it naturally requires messaging-related permissions.
- Uninstall any apps that may threaten your privacy if you don't use them frequently.
Start protecting your privacy and uninstalling unwanted apps - download it now, completely free.
UPGRADE TO TOTAL SECURITY
- Try F-Secure Key, a revolutionary tool that gives you easy, effortless control over all of your important passwords: http://bit.ly/1lZWkrk
- Try F-Secure Freedome, a super-simple security and online privacy solution for your smartphone and tablet: http://bit.ly/1hXpLbn
- Try Younited. With our service, you'll always have your photos, movies and other files with you. That means a secure space for all your stuff, combined with privacy and the fun of smart sharing: http://bit.ly/1mQw4B9
- Try F-Secure Safe. Internet security for all devices. Stay safe wherever life takes you: http://bit.ly/1mQvUKa
F-Secure is an internationally recognised security solution vendor that protects millions of mobile and computer users daily.
This tool is able to browse permissions of installed apps and generate various permissions reports (such as which apps have permissions of automatically startup, sending SMS, etc). Most importantly, it allows us to remove permissions of apps and apk files WITHOUT ROOT access.
Keep your mobile secure and private from malicious apps, freely remove the permission you do not trust, then try Advanced Permission Manager!
[The free version has the limitation of 10 apps modification]
To LBE Privacy Guard 1.x users:
Due to numerous changes in new version, direct upgrade from 1.x is not supported. You must uninstall Ver 1.x and reinstall Ver 2.x manually. Besides, all your configurations will be lost.
LBE Privacy Guard requires a ROOTed phone, please make sure your phone has been unlocked and ROOTed.
With the state-of-the-art API interception technology, LBE Privacy Guard provides great enhancement to Android permission system, now the first time you are able to:
- Protect your privacy by controlling the permission of each application to access your sensitive data.
- Block malicious operation from Mal-wares and Trojans.
- Block unwanted network traffic if you don’t have a unlimited data plan.
- Find out which application is trying to steal your privacy by checking the security log.
- And even more...
Xposed mod required.
- List apps per permissions and one-tap to toggle
- List permission per apps and one click to revoke
- Permission detail
- Tiny apps (<50kb)
Very easy and intuitive UIs.
✦ ✦ ✦ Root required ✦ ✦ ✦
If you don't have the Xposed framework installed already, the installer will help you to install this framework, since it is required to run XPrivacy.
XPrivacy cannot be installed on Android 5.x (Lollipop) devices with this installer, see here for installation instructions:
For support, please go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xprivacy-ultimate-android-privacy-app-t2320783
XPrivacy can prevent applications from leaking privacy sensitive data by restricting the categories of data an application can access. XPrivacy feeds applications fake data or no data at all. It can restrict several data categories, such as contacts or location. For example, if you restrict an application's access to contacts, that application will receive an empty contacts list. Similarly, restricting an application's access to your location will send a fake location to that application.
XPrivacy doesn't revoke or block permissions from an application, so most applications will continue to work as before and won't force close (crash).
Read more about XPrivacy here: https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacy#xprivacy
PLEASE DONNOT USE IT ON YOUR ANDROID 4.4.2 DEVICE, THANKS!!!!
Shortcut for launching the Android's Hidden App Permission Manager. Control Permissions For Individual Apps!
Just only a quick launcher for App ops;
Just work above Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean, Kitkat, etc.).
If you like me, please share to your friends, thanks!
KITKAT is supported NOW, please UPGRADE it, thanks!!!
Thanks for Eaggle Tian's great help to support android 4.4 (Kitkat) !!!
What are the applications that are most respectful of your personal data and less potentially dangerous?
This must-have application will give you a very simple answer to these questions.
Itself does not require any permission and contains no advertising.
It is optimized for mobile and tablet (Xoom, Galaxy Tab, Nexus, ...)
The latest version uses Android Lollipop Material Theme.
This application is published under GNU GPL v3 license.
if you want work on android 4.4.2 ,you device need rooted,
if your device is android 4.4.2,first launch need root auth,then reboot.
reboot completed you can use AppOps!
Works on Android 4.3 or higher
App permissions manager
If you want to uninstall this app,you can use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.findsdk.apppermission.uninstall
or delete /system/priv-app/AppOps.apk
Tips: App icon design by Sing Chu. Thanks very much.
This experimental app is able to reduce any permission in an app - while enabling the user experience
Because of Permission Manager being experimental tool, we recommend that at this stage, only install if you are a skillful user.
We are just getting started and have many more surprises and functionality we would share with you soon...
Please take a minute to read the tutorial before you start and understand the process of permission reduction - and share with us any comment and feedback you may have along the way...
also, while reducing permissions - it may happen that a certain permission you would like to reduce will cause the app to crash, this is OK and if that happens please take a second to report that to us.
Fix permissions should do the same thing the script does which is available in almost all recoveries, The benefit to this app is that you don't need to reboot into recovery mode to fix those apps that are FC.
I will be adding a fix all option here soon.
Sometimes flashing roms, playing with permissions, or performing other root operation can cause the Android system to forget which UID is associated with an application. In reality it does not forget this, it just issues the app a new id and is oblivious to the fact that it already had an id. When this occurs some apps can start force closing due to the UID mismatch between the UID that the system has assigned to the app and the UID that owns that apps data directory.
This app will resolve these problems. If you have an app constantly force closing you can try using this app to see if it will resolve the issue. Simply select an app in the list below and I will do the rest :)
There is also a donate version of this app in the market if you would like to donate for my work.
It lets you selectively disable some permissions for your apps!
This little tool makes it easier to access this hidden Permission Manager.
Update: Google has removed all possibilities to start the "App Ops" on non-rooted Android 4.4.2 devices. Until today no backdoor was found to give you easy access to this feature.
Additionally, apps often include advertisement and analytic libraries that send away private information to third-party services. Information about those services is often hidden inside a long user-agreement that is not read by the user.
The SRT Privacy Inspector was developed to gain more insight on what private information an app accesses. Therefore, it analyzes which permissions an app uses and how risky those permissions are. Additionally, every app is checked for advertisement and analytic libraries, to inspect which information is send to third-party services.
- Analyses every app on your device (only free apps on the latest Android versions, since paid apps are not readable).
- Displays information about third-party advertisement and analytic libraries for each app.
- Assigns a 'risk score' to each app (based on the requested permissions).
- Shows statistics about the used advertisement and analytic libraries and what private information they try to access.
!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn't properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
- Launch from dialer: *#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#* (*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)
NOTE: Not all phones take both codes. On some phones you need to use single *# instead of double *#*#
The Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
- PIN protection
- Per-app PIN protection
- Adjust auto-deny countdown
The discussion and support thread can be found on XDA-Developers here:
This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
NOTICE: A SPECIAL PROCEDURE IS NEEDED FOR UNINSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE APP, DO *NOT* JUST UNINSTALL IT, YOU *WILL* LOSE ROOT.
Superuser access management runs through a so called "su binary". There can be only one of these at a time. So if you install SuperSU, your previous superuser access management solution will no longer operate. So if you want to switch back: (1) Open that application, and search for an option for it to install/update/replace the "su binary". (2) Confirm root-using apps are using the superuser solution you want. (3) Uninstall SuperSU.
Want to help translate SuperSU ? See http://www.getlocalization.com/supersu/ !
These are completely optional and more like donations. They do not unlock any functionality.