Complete Linux Installer is an all in one solution to installing Linux distros on your Android device. Brought to you by the LinuxonAndroid project the app is designed to allow you to install a full Linux distro without touching your Android install.
Current distros include Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux, Kali Linux, openSUSE and more coming soon!
* Kernel that supports loop devices (see http://linuxonandroid.org/working-devices/ for known working kernels and ROMs)
* Armv7 processor (Debian does work on Armv6 but other distros do not)
* As much free RAM as possible (Are you are after all installing a desktop OS)
--------------------Included in the app--------------------
* Installer for Ubuntu 13.04, 13.10, Debian 5 and 8, Kali Linux, Fedora 19, Arch Linux
* All future Linux distros I support
* Boot widget
* Linux Launcher
* Both Torrent and Normal download options
android.permission.INTERNET - Used to download the image files
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used to download the image files
com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE - Used to check the donation key
jackpal.androidterm.permission.RUN_SCRIPT - Needed to run the boot script within the terminal
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - save the image file
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - Root needed to install busybox, and the boot script
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - Used by Advert Library
If you want even more features or want to support the project consider buying one of the 'donation' key apps to unlock the below features:
*Remove all ads from app!
*Linux editor (to change screen size and mounts etc.)
*Set up linux to boot on startup of android
*Ads for donation keys removed from install guides
*Early access to new Linux Distros - currently BETA's of Fedora
*Donation Stars in forum profile (for every £5 given see http://forum.linuxonandroid.org/index.php?topic=18.0 for more info)
*Supporting me (I am a university student and solely rely on donations as income)
+More to come soon
--------------------Need Help or more Info? --------------------
We offer a range of support channels to make sure all users get the help they need, please do not rate the app low if you have not tried to get support, what makes us different to other projects is we try VERY hard to give support to all users. The following methods are avaible:
*Wiki with FAQ and other useful pages https://sourceforge.net/p/linuxonandroid/wiki/Home/
*Live Chat via IRC http://linuxonandroid.org/irc/ (or #linuxonandroid-help on freenode)
*Forum support via http://forum.linuxonandroid.org/
*And Email support via email@example.com
The application creates a disk image on the flash card, mount it and install there OS distribution. Applications of the new system are run in a chroot environment and working in parallel with platform Android. All changes made on the device are reversible, ie the application and components can be removed completely. Installation of a distribution kit is carried out on a network from the official mirrors online. The application are required superuser rights (ROOT).
The program interface supports English and Russian. Through the interface you can manage the process of installing the OS, and after installation, you can start and stop services of the new system (there is support for running your scripts). The installation process is displayed as text reports in the main application window. During the installation, the program will adjust the work environment, which includes the base system, SSH server, VNC server and desktop environment. Also through the program interface to manage server settings SSH and VNC.
Installing a new operating system takes about 30 minutes. The recommended minimum size of a disk image 1024 MB (for LXDE), without a GUI - 512 MB. When you install Linux in disk image on the flash card with the FAT32 file system, image size should not exceed 4095 MB! After the initial setup a default password for SSH and VNC - changeme. The password can be changed standard tools OS.
Supported distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE, Kali Linux, Gentoo
Installation type: file, partition, directory
Supported file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4
Control interface: SSH, VNC, X, framebuffer
Desktop environment: XTerm, LXDE, Xfce, GNOME, KDE
Supported languages: English, Russian
Instructions for running BackTrack, Bodhi Linux and other distributions are posted on forum: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=378043
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under license GPLv3.
Solve your battery life problem by enabling the background monitoring service to record long-term CPU usage by individual apps.
SystemPanel includes the following features:
Task Manager: The task manager shows what applications are currently loaded into memory and/or running on a device, including current CPU and memory utilization for each. The task manager provides the ability to kill offending applications, and includes an emergency "end all" widget to handle extreme scenarios.
System Monitor: The system monitor can be enabled to record device usage history over a period of time (up to one week), such that you can determine what applications and usage patterns have the greatest impact on battery life. This feature is commonly used to help track down which applications are having major negative effects on battery life. The system monitor records CPU usage for each process, overall CPU usage, display usage, battery level, and battery charging status.
Installer: The installer enables you to install and uninstall applications quickly and conveniently. It can archive multiple versions of applications, such that you can backup your apps before an update and revert back to older versions afterward. This is useful in the not uncommon event the updated item is buggy or otherwise undesirable. Additionally, the Installer is designed to work much more efficiently than the standard Android application manager, and does not suffer the frustrating lag issues found in the default Android item when browsing through a large number of installed apps.
Device Information: The device information screens show detailed information about your Android device, including storage, capabilities, network state, and OS build information.
-- Frequently Asked Questions --
Why does it require the ______ permission?
- SystemPanel does require a fair number of permissions in order to be able to perform all of its duties. This product DOES NOT send ANY information from your device over the Internet to ANYONE. It requires the "Internet access" and "telephony/read phone state" permissions only to monitor and display the device's network connectivity state. A full description of why each permission is required can be found in the SystemPanel FAQ on our web site.
Does SystemPanel consume battery?
- The only component of SystemPanel which runs in the background is the "System Monitor" feature. This feature must be enabled by the user (by default, SystemPanel runs nothing in the background). When enabled, the System Monitor feature will record data about which applications are consuming the battery every 15 minutes. All told, this feature will use approximately one minute of CPU / battery time per day of operation. When this feature is not enabled, SystemPanel will not run in the background in any capacity.
Does SystemPanel automatically kill tasks in the background?
- No, SystemPanel is not an automatic task killer. It has been well-established (by the Android documentation and direct communication with the Android engineers) that randomly or periodically terminating arbitrary tasks in the interest of saving memory will NOT yield a benefit in performance or battery life. The only benefit you will see from an automatic task killer is if it happens to terminate misbehaving apps. SystemPanel provides a better solution to this problem by showing you which apps are consuming CPU in the background (over time) with the "System Monitor" feature. It is then recommended that such applications be reconfigured or uninstalled (or perhaps corrected by filing a bug with the offending application's author).
A much more extensive FAQ is available on our web site.
Please visit our web site at http://android.nextapp.com for more information, including a complete screenshot tour of the product.
A master password is both used to access the application and to encrypt the encryption keys, that are generated random for each file, that is managed by Encryption Manager. Confidential files are accessible directly after the login. With one click on the file, the file is decrypted to its original location and can be shown by the installed viewer or editor apps. When you are finished working with the decrypted copy, the file is re-encrypted with one click and the decrypted file is wiped from the SD card. This wipe process will overwrite the data with random bytes before the file is deleted. So even if the device is lost or stolen, it is not possible to access your confidential data.
Encrypting new files is very simple: they can be chosen either with the built-in file manager or by simply using "send/share" from another app.
* Access based on master pin or master text password.
* Encrypts all kind of files.
* Possibility to encrypt all files of a folder.
* Provides a special handling for images, e.g. removal/creation of gallery thumbnail images.
* Base functionality of a file manager (view on click, send/share menu), but with automatic decryption before the action.
* Offers AES and Twofish encryption with 128 and 256 bit keys.
* Status tracking: Displays icons to indicate whether a file is currently decrypted or was changed.
* User setting for automatic re-encryption on exit.
* Secure overwrite of the orginal file after the encryption.
* Additional anti file recovery tool included.
* Two layout modes: flat list view or hierarchical folder view.
* Filters can be defined to filter SD card files by file extensions or to excluded folders.
* The master password can be changed for an existing database.
* Provides a backup and restore mechanism, e.g. for backup to cloud storage (Dropbox, Googel Drive, ...)
* Can be configured to delete all managed files the after 7 unsuccessful attempts.
* Has an "Exit" menu on all screens, that finishes the task completely.
* App is locked (master password must be re-entered), when there is no user input for configurable period.
* Includes english help pages.
* The "lite" version is limited to 5 encrypted files!
* The full version has no limitations.
Keywords: file encryption, data encryption, file manager, crypto, SD card, encryption algorithm, AES, Twofish
It is released under the GPLv2, with the source code available at: https://github.com/mbarringer/suseconferenceclient
== Permissions ==
The following permissions are required:
* INTERNET - Updated schedules are downloaded from a remote server.
* READ_CALENDAR/WRITE_CALENDAR - On 4.0+ devices, you can add events to your calendar for a reminder
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - In order to check if it's worth trying to access the network
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - This is necessary for the downloadable maps, which are stored ideally on an SD Card
* ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION/ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - Used for GPS in the maps function
* ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - Again for checking the network status
Please Note : This is a lite version of Android Explorer. All features are supported during the trial period of 7 days, after that some features may not be available
If you have a tablet(honeycomb or higher), please try Tab Explorer, exclusively designed for Tablets
* File Explorer - Explore files in your android phone easily. Android Explorer has the most intuitive file explorer that makes the best use of the screen size.
* App Explorer- Explore apps on your android phones easily
* Image Explorer - Explore images on your android phone
Browse files the most intuitive way
Easily Copy and Paste files
Easily Create Folders, Rename files or Delete files or folders
Share your files easily
Share an entire folder easily by zipping and sharing
Sort files based on name, size or type
View all apps installed on your android phone
Backup, share or uninstall apps
Filter apps based on size or name
Easily email the app install link
Explore images on your phone
Easily share any image
Android Explorer - The original multi purpose explorer designed for phone.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Thank you Hola! Keep unblocking these sites."
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "I love Hola for being there when my buffering is slow! Great app!!"
• Speeds up web browsing
• Unblocks apps and sites
• Smoother Video
• Reduces data plan costs
• 100% Free. No ads, too!
Note: On Android 2.3 Hola requires rooting. Certain Android 4.0+ devices don't support VPN Auto-configuration and thus will require rooting as well.
Welcome to a Better Internet!
• Peer to peer Internet Accelerator
• Access to sites blocked by your country
• Compression of about 70% of HTTP: reduces 3G data costs, and speeds up web pages
• URL Caching: reduces 3G data costs, and speeds up web pages
• Chooses the closest and fastest P2P sources
• Unblocker VPN service: access sites blocked or censored by your government, corporation or country
• More info at https://hola.org/faq.html
KW: browsing accelerator acceleration network speed fast boost booster download speedtest slow proxy private vpn manager manage hspa 4g 3g 2g operator carrier roaming battery caching networking networks browse surf compression wifi wireless unblock block censor censored script hscript