Complete Linux Installer is an all in one solution to installing Linux distros on your Android device. Brought to you by the LinuxonAndroid project the app is designed to allow you to install a full Linux distro without touching your Android install.
Current distros include Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux, Kali Linux, openSUSE and more coming soon!
* Kernel that supports loop devices (see http://linuxonandroid.org/working-devices/ for known working kernels and ROMs)
* Armv7 processor (Debian does work on Armv6 but other distros do not)
* As much free RAM as possible (you are after all installing a desktop OS)
--------------------Included in the app--------------------
* Installer for Ubuntu 13.04, 13.10, Debian 5 and 8, Kali Linux, Fedora 19, Arch Linux
* All future Linux distros I support
* Boot widget
* Linux Launcher
* Both Torrent and Normal download options
android.permission.INTERNET - Used to download the image files
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used to download the image files
com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE - Used to check the donation key
jackpal.androidterm.permission.RUN_SCRIPT - Needed to run the boot script within the terminal
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - save the image file
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - Root needed to install busybox, and the boot script
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - Used by Advert Library
If you want even more features or want to support the project consider buying one of the 'donation' key apps to unlock the below features:
*Remove all ads from app!
*Linux editor (to change screen size and mounts etc.)
*Set up linux to boot on startup of android
*Ads for donation keys removed from install guides
*Early access to new Linux Distros - currently BETA's of Fedora
*Donation Stars in forum profile (for every £5 given see http://forum.linuxonandroid.org/index.php?topic=18.0 for more info)
*Supporting me (I am a university student and solely rely on donations as income)
+More to come soon
--------------------Need Help or more Info? --------------------
We offer a range of support channels to make sure all users get the help they need, please do not rate the app low if you have not tried to get support, what makes us different to other projects is we try VERY hard to give support to all users. The following methods are avaible:
*Wiki with FAQ and other useful pages https://sourceforge.net/p/linuxonandroid/wiki/Home/
*Live Chat via IRC http://linuxonandroid.org/irc/ (or #linuxonandroid-help on freenode)
*Forum support via http://forum.linuxonandroid.org/
*And Email support via firstname.lastname@example.org
Minor edits: http://www.decriptor.com/yastroid/
Developed jointly with several SLED team members.
DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone. This is ideal for trying Linux distributions or always having a rescue-system on the go... without the need to burn different CDs or USB pendrives.
DriveDroid also includes a convenient download menu where you can download USB-images of a number of operating systems from your phone (like Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Arch Linux). Around 35 different systems are available at this moment.
You can also create blank USB-images which allows you to have a blank USB-drive. From your PC you can store files onto the USB-drive, but also use tools on your PC to write images to the drive.
• This application uses features of the kernel that may or may not be available/stable on your phone. Tests have shown most phones work without problems, but please keep in mind yours might not (yet) work out-of-the-box.
• Most kernels support emulating USB drives, some support emulating CD-rom drives and kernels with the right patches support both.
• Most Linux-related ISOs can be booted from USB drives, but some ISOs can only be booted from CD-rom drives or require some kind of conversion.
• No ads.
• Add your own download repositories. Nice for companies or groups that want to share custom or licensed images.
The application creates a disk image on the flash card, mount it and install there OS distribution. Applications of the new system are run in a chroot environment and working in parallel with platform Android. All changes made on the device are reversible, ie the application and components can be removed completely. Installation of a distribution kit is carried out on a network from the official mirrors online. The application are required superuser rights (ROOT).
The program interface supports English and Russian. Through the interface you can manage the process of installing the OS, and after installation, you can start and stop services of the new system (there is support for running your scripts). The installation process is displayed as text reports in the main application window. During the installation, the program will adjust the work environment, which includes the base system, SSH server, VNC server and desktop environment. Also through the program interface to manage server settings SSH and VNC.
Installing a new operating system takes about 30 minutes. The recommended minimum size of a disk image 1024 MB (for LXDE), without a GUI - 512 MB. When you install Linux in disk image on the flash card with the FAT32 file system, image size should not exceed 4095 MB! After the initial setup a default password for SSH and VNC - changeme. The password can be changed standard tools OS.
Supported distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE, Kali Linux, Gentoo
Installation type: file, partition, directory
Supported file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4
Control interface: SSH, VNC, X, framebuffer
Desktop environment: XTerm, LXDE, Xfce, GNOME, KDE
Supported languages: English, Russian
Instructions for running BackTrack, Bodhi Linux and other distributions are posted on forum: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=378043
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under license GPLv3.
This app provides a listing of each of the Unix and Linux commands currently listed on Computer Hope and a brief explanation of what each of the commands do. This is a full listing which means not all the below commands will work with your distribution and may also not work because of your privileges.
What is the size of my phone screen? Am I on 2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi? How much is my phone memory? What is the RAM of my phone? What is the model number?... If such are the questions troubling you then My Android app is for you.
My Android app will help you to know the following:
1. Provides a list of apps installed on your phone with option to search and launch apps.
2. Phone and SD card memory info - How much is free and used?
3. Internet connection (2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi) device is connected to.
4. Screen size in pixels and inches.
5. Screen density - Low, Medium, High, Extra High, Extra Extra High.
6. Android OS name (Ex. Jelly Bean) and version number.
7. RAM of the device.
8. Manufacturer and Model number of the device.
My Android app presents the above information in a very neat and simple manner so that anybody can easily understand. Cool user interface with some cute animations.
Supported in 16 languages:
Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Hope you like My Android!
The features are listed as follows:
1. Hardware information: CPU cors, CPU type, memory and storage info, screen resolution etc.
2. Software information:
* List user-installed and built-in apps with the phone.
* Provide details about each app including package name, version code and apk size.
* Launch and uninstall apps from within this app.
* Android OS information.
3. Network information:
* wifi and mobile network info, including IP address, wifi speed, MAC address etc.
* telephony info, such as SIM type, phone number, network operator and IMEI.
4. Status: status info about RAM, ROM and CPU usage.
* Battery type, voltage and level.
* Settings related to battery life. One-click wifi, data, bluetooth and screen settings.
* Clean app cache.
* Clean call log.
* Clean search history.
* Clean SMS/MMS.
7. Volume Control: Provide quick access to volume change under different profiles.
8. Flashlight: one-click flashlight.
Please Note : This is a lite version of Android Explorer. All features are supported during the trial period of 7 days, after that some features may not be available
If you have a tablet(honeycomb or higher), please try Tab Explorer, exclusively designed for Tablets
* File Explorer - Explore files in your android phone easily. Android Explorer has the most intuitive file explorer that makes the best use of the screen size.
* App Explorer- Explore apps on your android phones easily
* Image Explorer - Explore images on your android phone
Browse files the most intuitive way
Easily Copy and Paste files
Easily Create Folders, Rename files or Delete files or folders
Share your files easily
Share an entire folder easily by zipping and sharing
Sort files based on name, size or type
View all apps installed on your android phone
Backup, share or uninstall apps
Filter apps based on size or name
Easily email the app install link
Explore images on your phone
Easily share any image
Android Explorer - The original multi purpose explorer designed for phone.