- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
1. You can take a screenshot by touching the shot icon (only support on rooted phones and OS 2.3) or pressing power button and volume down button at the same time, or pressing power button and home button at the same time(on most Samsung phones).
2. You can specify the folders which the screenshots will be saved as images.
3. You can preview the screenshot and decide saving it or discarding it.
4. You can crop any part of the images to make a new one.
Note: If your phone's OS is under 4.0 and not rooted, this app will not be able to capture an image
snapshot screen capture
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
Celebrate more 100000+ downloads.
I add new features again.
Feel the pain in the neck when pressing the power button?
Each time you open the screen, you must be tired with pressing the power button?
You can try this software that allows the screen to
Turn screen on by g-sensor
Turn screen on by proximity sensor
Turn screen on by touching the proximity sensor twice on the devices
Pause function by notification/shortcut/widget
Battery save for this app
Logging for working status
Auto Pause at sleeping time.
Auto Stop/Start at discharging/charging..(It can not work with "Auto Pause at sleeping time".)
Enable/disable record log.
If you use protective sleeve or protective cover,
you can wake up screen automatically whenever you open the protective cover or take out from the protective sleeve.
This application uses sensors to wake up the device.
For g-sensor(Reliability 90%+): When the screen is off, pick up the device horizontally, then the screen would auto wake up.
For proximity sensor(Reliability 95%+): When the screen is off, approach the sensor, then the screen would auto wake up.
G-sensor may need to connect the USB or power or to open Screen Off Wakelock to work properly. Otherwise, on some devices, press the volume keys beforehand to make the device leave deep sleep, and then it will turn auto screen on by picking up the device.
Proximity sensor even in deep sleep is also easy to wake up the device, so it is recommended to use.
Using the history to observe the failure of Auto Screen’s behavior.
Widget can start/pause/enable app. And if the app is killed by out of memory, it would let the app be restarted faster than normal situation.
1.there is no guarantee that the application can be used in every device.
2.Some of Samsung devices may not use g-sensor feature because it doesn't let g-sensor on in the screen-off.
3.Android 4.2 may not work properly.
Thanks for Gareth Lewis correcting English translation.
Thanks for Kayoko Sawada helping Japanese translation and correcting English translation.
Thanks for Arsham Mergasemi correcting English translation.
Thanks for Андрей Кравцов helping Russian language
Thanks for J.J.Ponce helping Spanish language
Thanks for Ozan Çakar (XanthiN) helping Turkish language
Thanks for Dario Della Giovanna helping Italian language
You can also use it as a widget-like shortcut on your home screen.
- Long pressing the search button may not work on some devices, e.g. Defy and Droid X, and of course not on devices without a search button.
- On stock Jelly Bean (Android 4.1 and up), long pressing the search button is overridden by Google Search.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to display the status bar if it is hidden by your launcher. Only the notification drawer will be expanded.
Keywords: Open statusbar, expand status bar, show notifications
This app turns automatically your screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go. It's also helpful if you have a broken power button or it's just hard to press.
HOW TO UNINSTALL?
Use the UNINSTALL button in the app.
HOW IT WORKS
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, below a certain angle, it's likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, it turns the screen off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table. To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it's really necessary. Moreover, when it turns your screen off and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
- Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket.
- Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table.
- Turn Screen Off by Proximity: activates the proximity sensor before turning the screen off.
- Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by any movements, for example by lifting up by hand.
- Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on by relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If motions are detected while the screen is facing up, it keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something. If the phone is steady it will turn the screen off normally no matter the position you leave your device.
- Exclude Apps option: The app pauses itself anytime if selected app is running, it'll resume when you close the app. Useful when playing games etc.
- Tasker, Llama, Locale supported by plug-in.
- Widgets, PowerToggle plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version, there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion and the Table sensor can be set more precisely. Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has an Exclude App list, a more advanced Delayed lock option and Widgets.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
On some devices (e.g. HTC One) the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it's the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: http://goo.gl/Y55zBZ
Q: Does not turn the screen always off when I put my phone into my pocket, why?
A:The proximity sensor not always accurate. It can fail recognizing some materials specially if they are very close to it. If it happens to you often, you can activate the False Turn-On Protection feature which effectively reduces the number of accidental wake-ups by keeping the screen off even if the proximity sensor fails.
Q: I'm experiencing high battery usage, why?
A: The app should use about 6 percent extra energy per day if you are not using too much the Turn Screen On by Motion feature, for example keeping your phone face down when it's on a table. Moreover, the android en-built battery consumption measurement can show much higher results if it's based on a short period of time.
More FAQ : http://goo.gl/D4BgQ5
NOTE: If the app widget does not show in the Widgets list to add to home screen, move the app installation to the device and NOT the SD card. Most app widgets do not work when installed on the SD card.
Once the Title Widget is placed on the home screen, you can drag and place the widget anywhere on the home screen. You can add as many titles as you wish; for example, name your home screens: Main Apps, Games, Tools, Office Apps, etc.
To edit the text, simply tap the widget. To re-size the widget view and make sure the entire title is shown, apply a long press on the widget which will bring up a sizing outline. (see photos)
Finally: We encourage our users to contact us via email to discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding the app, if any. We cannot address review comments due to the fact that most negative comments that are left without prior contact with the developer are placed with the intent to lower app ratings and misguide the consumer.
Enjoy this Free App from wildroid.com - The Paid App allows you to modify text color, size and alignment for each widget in addition to global text font style, animated text and shadowed text settings.
Copyright 2012 wildroid.com
WARNING: The app hardly use any battery power. However, please note that while the screen is just in "off" state and NOT locked - the device would NOT go into deep sleep (power-saving mode) and WILL use a lot of battery power!
For Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean): If you want to remove the status bar icon, go to Android Settings >> Apps >> Smart Screen and uncheck "Show notifications".
✔ Automatically wake up the device when you open the flip cover, take the device out of pocket/bag, etc.;
✔ Automatically turn the screen off when you close the flip cover, put the device in pocket/bag, etc. (as long as the sensor remains blocked) and optionally lock the device after set amount of time (to make the screen stay off, even if the sensor gets unblocked);
✔ Autostart on boot of the phone;
✔ Fully customizable.
Contact me if you want to help translate the app to your language.
TO UNINSTALL: You have to uncheck the "Device Administrator" option first!
AD SYSTEM: The app is ad-supported. Due to its nature of a background service which is used without a visible UI, it has a unique ad system, which may show an ad in the bottom of the screen after a use, but no more then once or twice per day. Ads are shown for few seconds, have a button for immediate dismissal and do not interrupt your activity in any way, other then just by being shown. By installing the app you agree to see those ads in the way described above. There is an "Ad-Free use" option for people who support the development otherwise. Contact me for more information!
This app is developed by a single independent developer. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a drink using the Donate option in the app! Thanks!
Most of the permissions are self-explanatory and are needed by the app's functionality or the ads.
The ACCOUNTS permission is needed to grant ad-free use to people who support the development otherwise.
ROOT is currently required if any ad-blocking is detected and the "Ad-free use" option is not checked.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!
Please use the email for any questions and support! The store reviews are not meant for communication! Thanks!
This app is NOT widget! You can place the shortcut in anywhere as you can.
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must activate it before it works.**NOT NEED ROOT!**
* Lock device with one click
* Not a widget so it does not run as service in the background
* Auto killself after locking to save your Battery & Memory
* Tiny size (<30k)
How to uninstall :
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must deactivate it BEFORE uninstall.
Just do this: Go to 'Settings >> Location & security >> Select device administrators' -> uncheck this app -> uninstall.
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
Imagine if you could watch videos and write emails at the same time using your tablet! Or compare two web pages side by side, or take notes alongside a web page. Well, you can do all of that and more!
Split Browser is two browsers in one, working side by side. It lets you browse two web pages independent of each other. You can open links from one half into the other half. It also includes a notepad that allows you to take notes from a web page. You can open multiple tabs and swap them between two halves. You can also resize the two halves to suit your needs. Simply put, it is a powerful tool for multitasking.
Best suited for tablets and "phablets".
- - - - -
Requires Google Play services (4.2 or above) to be enabled. Look under Android Settings > Applications. Not all videos can be cast (Flash videos, YouTube, live streams, etc). Low resolution videos might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen. Play videos in full view to cast.
Android KitKat (4.4) devices may be slow in loading webpages when connected to Chromecast. We'll fix this in a future release. Until then load the web page first and then connect to Chromecast. Thank you for your patience.
Steps to cast videos: https://sites.google.com/site/appestry/sb#cast
See the main demo video for detailed casting instructions: http://youtu.be/fnKnVt6oY4A
- - - - -
Here's a quick rundown of its important features:
• Resize the two browser halves by dragging the yellow divider line.
• Rotate yellow divider (vertical/horizontal) independent of the screen orientation.
• Watch videos in full view within each half.
• Cast videos to Chromecast using the remote.
• Start new tabs and switch them between the two halves.
• Copy the current page over to the other half.
• Open links and bookmarks in the other half and/or in a new tab.
• Autocomplete address input from bookmarks and history.
• Press and hold back/forward arrows to view history and jump to a page in the list.
• Manage history across all tabs in one place, sorted reverse chronologically showing the time of last visit.
• Search for text in the web page in either halves separately.
• Separate clipboard option to paste the last 10 items copied.
• Open notepads in either halves to take notes and save/share them.
• Select text to copy and paste between two halves and notepads.
• Links to useful tools like calculator, translator, converters... etc.
• Remember form data and passwords.
• Clear cache, history, cookies, form data and passwords.
• View pages in desktop mode.
• Works in dual view in Samsung devices that support multi-window mode.
• Works in both cascade and dual views in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets.
This ad-free trial version closes every 10 minutes and allows only 3 bookmarks and 3 tabs. Using Chromecast the trial version can cast only 5 minutes of video at a time. Consider upgrading to the full version if you are satisfied with this trial version.
Video review by @howtomen: http://youtu.be/bm5uoVhghh0
A quick look at multi-window support: http://youtu.be/1Czhk8OXAnM
You might experience text input issues with SwiftKey keyboard in some websites. We are currently working to resolve this issue. More details in this SwiftKey forum thread: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3749006-nothing-is-written
Keywords: split-view, multi-view, dual-view, split-window, multi-window, dual-window, split-screen, multi-screen, dual-screen, dual browser, double browser.
*Screen on when charge option
[Notes on Uninstall.]
"Force Lock" should want to disable.
Can not be uninstalled if enabled.
Alternatively, can be disabled in the menu
Tapping the widgets, the effect turns off the screen.
The notification bar is displayed while the effect of wiping.
Widgets or can be launched from a shortcut.
If your device is Android2.2 or later, "Force Lock" Please to enabled.
Older versions will take about 5 seconds to Screen-off.
Please place this widget on your home screen.
Setting appears in the following operations.
(Please operate it during a screen effect.)
- Double-tap the screen.
- Press the Menu key of the device.
- Select Settings in the notification area.
[notice] Some devices may not operate.
You can choose an effect.
Vibration can also be set.
You can also choose the color and design and size of the icon.
( 12 colors of 4 styles and 3 size. )
Adjust position of the widget.
and, "Force Lock" configuration. (Android2.2 or later)
If the device is difficult to press the power button, please use.
If you want to launch from a shortcut, please tick the check boxes in the initial screen.
When the initial screen is no longer, this app will run directly from a shortcut.
You can not change the color of the shortcut icon.
- Don't move to SD card.
- Internet permission is only used for ads.
[Notes on Uninstall.]
"Force Lock" should want to disable.
Can not be uninstalled if enabled.
Alternatively, can be disabled in the menu
[Screen Off FX] -----------------------
More from developer
It was developed because similar tools like SetCPU don't support this CPU which is widely used in most currently available dual-SIM-phones.
MTK CPU-Control-test can be used to overclock CPU to get more power or to lower the clock to save energy.
On rooted phones the supply-voltage of the CPU can be changed to lower energyconsumption or to stabilize the CPU at higher frequencies.
MTK CPU-Control-test provides just a simple interface for easy change of CPU-frequency and -voltage. Use this app to check if your system supports changing of these parameters and to be sure that your overclocked System remains stable.
The full version of this app has more features like CPU-Monitor, dynamic frequency changing and different profiles for optimized usage.
Automatically hide the systembar depending on currently active app. Use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is an easy, automated, light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notification...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
This plus-Version provides an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
!! Please get the free version first to make sure your system is supported !!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
NOTE: This app currently only supports MT6573. This CPU is able to run at 806MHz at maximum. Please get the testing-version of this app to make sure that your system is supportet and that your CPU remains stable at maximum frequency.
MTK CPU-Control was developed because similar tools like SetCPU don't support this CPU which is widely used in most currently available dual-SIM-phones.
MTK CPU-Control can be used to overclock CPU to get more power or to lower the clock to save energy.
Dynamic voltage-Control allowes to save even more energy and enables CPU to run stable at higher frequencies.
NOTE: use this feature with care! Keep the voltage as low as possible without destabilizing your system.
MTK CPU-Control provides a CPU-Monitor to show current state of the CPU in Taskbar, dynamic frequency changing for optimized balance between maximum power and best battery-usage. Profiles can be configured for different CPU-behaviour under special conditions (Screen off, Low Battery).