Off the beaten track .The Ride-of-Smiles is breaking new ground.
An App not just about all informations of long-distance-motrorcycle riding. 50.00 miles around the world on the brandnew , watercooled BMW R 1200 GS Adventure. But not just out for the riders sake and all the travelling experiences xou get from this.
Buy a mile – buy a smile. The fundraising theme of a single German biker , who wants to raise our mutual enthusiasm and attention to those , who will never affortd to do so. Having ridden all over th eworld for more than 30 years, he felt, it was time to pay back. Thus Investing 7000 € from his own as a start the Ride-of-Smiles is up and out to raise 50000 € for the poorest. Onlinedonation to 4 worldwide active major NGO charity partners- (Doctors without borders / Christoffel Mission for the blind / Common for Africa / Sternstunden ( A worldwide Bavarian Charity project)) is one of the build-in features.
On top the app will deliver various information about biketravelli ng in the US, Canada, Cuba, Brasil; Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile , australia and New Zealand. Travelin healthcare, GPS-livetracking, all about the new GS Adventure. As much as background informations about the NGOs, superb fotografic impression an dallt he stories , you can only catch, once you are out on the road on your own.
Some highlights of the app but we would like to give away already now
• free Download
• a wide range of issues surrounding the motorcycle and long-distance travel
• Out on the road: The BMW R 1200 GS Adventure on its way with BABA around the world. Accessories, tools, technology, tips and experiences live from the streets in the world. Biker festivals and other events on the road and in your area, if you want the
• Where is BABA? Live tracking recording the Ride Of Smiles for your smartphones and tablets
• Helping the helpers: Information about the donor partners to their current service projects and events
• Countries, people, adventure: From Grizzly Bear to kangaroo, from Cuba to Sidney, and everything else that happened on the way. Meet the latest information on my blog and Twitter- All about border crossings, transports, frontiers plus health information and all the people and stories that cross the ride of smiles
All topics and their contents determined easily and anonymous over standard slider. All that without nervous beep beep beeeps – You determine what you wanna see and get informed about.
Get on the bike and join us for the Ride-of-smiles – Enjoy. Its free!
Allow the app to use location services and you can receive additional information that is only available, when you are at certain event locations. Allow the app to send you push-notifications in order to be informed whenever some new content is available in the app. Of course, you can switch off these features whenever you like.
When initially started, the app will ask you for a registration with some demographic data (country, postal code, year of birth, gender). However, you stay completely anonymous in the app! This data is used only in order to fit the content that is provided via the app to your personal needs.