Fency connects Post-It's to Wi-Fi's. Just stick your notes to Wi-Fi's and get notified!
Here is how it works:
1. Label relevant Wi-Fi's. For example, label your Wi-Fi at home, the Wi-Fi at your workplace, at your supermarkt, and so on. *
2. Create a note and stick it to a Wi-Fi you labelled before.
3. Get a notification when approaching or leaving the Wi-Fi.
4. Swipe away the notification to mark the note as done.
- Postpone the notification to a date and time.
- Share your Wi-Fi's and notes with your friends. If you want your wife to get some beer from the Kwik-E-Mart just send her a note via e-mail.
- Strike through a note in the list from left to right to mark it done or delete it.
- Strike through a note in the list from right to left to undo the dismissal.
- Select multiple Wi-Fi's in one note and get chained notifications.
- Choose when to be notified: When approaching or when departing the range of a Wi-Fi.
- Avoid micro management by using the feature that auto-deletes done notes after a period of time.
- The app is useless with Wi-Fi switched off.
- The interval that checks wether a Wi-Fi is nearby is dependent on the phone.
- Some phones fall into a deep sleep quickly - the app might not work properly on these phones.
- Don't rely too heavily on the app. Better keep the super important things in your mind!
- This app is free of any charge. No ads, no bullshit.
- This app does not need the Internet to function.
- This app does not use GPS. GPS consumes too much power and doesn't work inside buildings. (For the devs: I do watch the new fused location providers but had no time yet to test them thoroughly.
* You must be in range of the Wi-Fi to be able to mark it in Fency.