Oak processionary moths report. Our app allows citizens to report dangerous nests or webs of oak processionary moths (EPS) and at the same time view various reports from other users on an interactive map. You can recognize hotspots directly and easily in order to avoid them outside.
Through your participation and reports of the poisonous caterpillar or its nests, we inform municipalities and responsible authorities about your find. We send information about where exactly the webs of the oak processionary moths are located directly to the authorities. In this way, the danger can be removed on the one hand, and can be pretreated accordingly in the future on the other. We transmit the specific location and meaningful images to the authorities so that the EPS finds can be validated and removed by specialist companies.
In addition, all reports are entered in our database and can also be processed in the system by authorities with secure access.
The following functions are available in the app of the oak processionary moth detector:
- Reporting of oak processional moths through a simple three-step process
1. Take a photo or video
2. Determine the location where the nest is located
3. Provide an optional short description
- Interactive map with individual points to display all messages.
- Detailed view of the individual messages
- Clear presentation of the finds via heat map on the interactive map
- Detailed view of your own submitted EPS reports
You are also welcome to visit our homepage https://eps.melden.app. Here you have the same options as in the app and you get a lot more information on the topic.