It is essential for community people to have access to accurate and detail information of
various service providers. However, getting necessary information especially on health, education and child protection issues is not easy. Hence, people need to rely on their neighbors or acquaintances for the information. In many cases, people especially children suffer from the lack of proper information of necessary services. Another problem is that there are no easy ways of exchanging information and direct prompt communication between service providers and recipients.
Therefore, it is quite impossible for community people to provide feedback on services; consequently, they cannot actively participate in improving the services. On the other hand, service providers also face difficulties in circulating their notice or service related information to the community.
In this regard, Save the Children has developed a mobile application named Kolorob. By using this app, community people can easily access the detail information of their nearby service centers, and find their location on the map. Currently, this app is available for Android phones only. Through this app, community people can provide their
feedback and ratings on different services to improve quality and directly communicate with the service providers. Initially, this project is running throughout 36 municipality Wards of Dhaka North and South City Corporation.
Kolorob app has received ‘National Mobile Application Award 2016’ from ICT Division of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications in Bangladesh.
Service providers will get a number of facilities by using the app such as communicating their updated information with the service recipients, receiving comments and ratings from community to improve their services, announcing service related notices, conducting surveys etc. Moreover, they can convey the needs and demands of the community people
to different levels of administration. As a result, not only the mentioned service center but also all similar service centers can benefit from this and get over the challenges. By ensuring general people’s participation in the process of development and accountability of service providers, this app is expected to have significant influence in assuring high quality services.
WHO ARE BENEFITED?
- Through the KOLOROB app, users can access detail information of various service centers i.e. address, contact details, opening and closing hours, types of services, if there are any free and special services etc.
- Users can get the location and direction to different service centers along with estimated time and cost to reach the center. Besides, users can save nearby service center’s information in the app and use it offline.
- Users can provide ratings on specific indicators for service providers and share their opinion via comment. In addition, the users will be able to get the updated information, announcements and take part in surveys conducted by the service providers.
- Registered KOLOROB users can add information of any service provider. After proper verification, the added information will be visible in the app.
- Any service provider can apply to maintain their own service point in Kolorob by submitting proper documents.
- Through the app, service providers can update their information. If there are multiple service points under a single authority, that authority can maintain each service point separately.
- Service provider can view feedback, ratings, survey and other statistics through a dashboard.
- Through the app, a service provider can announce their updates, notices etc. to the community.