Schedule: Who’s-playing-when-and-where, with the option of setting alarms on gigs you simply must not miss
Artists: Browse the lineup, read about the artists and listen to their music. Add your favourite artists, and get hints on other artists you might like
Map: A map of the entire festival that shows you where you are, where other stuff is, and how to get to the cool events
Camp Events: Your opportunity to advertise your own events and parties for others to find
Arts & Creation: Overview of all the other activities the festival volunteers set up, that are not music
My Roskilde: all your favourited music and events in one place
News: Browse festival videos and stay updated on news via notifications
Festival Apps: An overview of apps developed by festival-goers and other festival apps developed by us and our partners.
Info: All the practical information you need, when you’re at the festival
The application is designed to help exploring the artists playing at Roskilde Festival.
The user can browse through and read about all the artists playing at this year's festival, and can select favourite artists and have artists shown by the day they are playing.
The application can help recommend artists playing this year in various ways:
- By Starred artists, meaning that artists similar to the "starred" artists will suggested.
- By music on the device, meaning that the application will scan the phone's media library and find similar artists based on the found artists.
- Through a Last.fm account, meaning that based on the content of the Last.fm account, similar artists playing at this year's Roskilde Festival will be shown.
- Lastly, it is possible to search for almost any artist and get recommended artists, which are similar to that artist.
This application has been developed in collaboration with DTU, for Roskilde Festival by:
Erik Beuschau, Michael Lunøe and Rasmus Theodorsen
APPetizer’s three main functions are:
- Find Food: You can browse and sort the list of all stalls to find just what you need. You can get descriptions of each stall; see their location, price level and menu cards. You can also rate the stall to help others at Roskilde find the best food. Also try the ‘Feed me’ functionality to find food specifically for your mood or your special craving.
- Map: Get an overview of the stalls and your location on Roskilde Festival's official map.
- Events: The APPetizer also includes information about all the exciting food events, which will take place during the festival. Check out the countdowns for the events, add the events to your calendar and make sure you won’t miss out on all the fun.
Roskilde 2013 app helps you find all the bars, food/coffee stands, toilets, showers, wi-fi areas, laundromats, and many other placemarks real-time through an augmented view without any noise or annoying ads.
In addition, every stage is represented with a detailed schedule, Twitter-powered chat, and even a set of pictures taken by artists behind the scenes!
Internet access is not needed to run the app! (Unless you want to tweet, or see the latest Instagram competition pictures. But the rest of the functionality works perfectly fine without a data connection.)
* All the Roskilde Festival 2013 POI (points of interest) you can imagine: Food, Bar, Laundromat, Mobile Charging Station, Wi-Fi Area, Hot and Cold Showers, Toilet, Girl Pissoir, Kiosk, Bar, Shuttlebus, Pharmacy, Swimming Lake, Festival Radio, Fishing Lake, First Aid, Luggage Storage, Cash dispenser, Handicap Camping, Handicap Toilets, Information, Internet Café, Merchandise.
* Save your own locations, e.g. your tent. And then find them easily at any time of the day.
* Interactive stages: all the schedule + live Twitter chat on each of them!
* Instagram competitions, share images with following tags to participate: #rfChange, #rfInTheTent, #rfFood, #rfOrangeFeeling, #rfArts.
More from developer
November 12, 2013:
We removed the permissions that we didn't use and that looked scary: record audio and access bookmarks. We have not accessed or collected this data in the previous version either!
The alarming red symbol in DataCollerctor app will only be shown if you have a backlog of a few files and not if you are often connected to wifi.
The stats tab shows how much time you were stationary, walking, or on a vehicle, and the time spent at locations
The movements tab shows your daily movements over time, and the locations where you spent most time
More visualizations coming soon!
Please send questions, suggestions, problem reports to email@example.com
Hide and Seek in Roskilde (The Festival) is a great opportunity to make friends. Meet people all around the festival. The more people you meet the more points you earn. Can you meet them all? Take a walk around Roskilde and find the person assigned in your game, while somebody else is out there looking for you. The aim of the game is to have fun and promote social interactions inside the festival, that's what Roskilde Festival is about!
Roskilde Hide and Seek is also a research project where we will analyze the social interaction using the information gathered in the app. This information will be handled anonymously.
This project is conducted by DTU students.
NOTE: Be aware of the application updates.
Catch all those epic concerts and never wonder 'when to go' again!
The app will help you navigate between concerts by telling you when to leave to catch the start of the next concert.
This is done by the use of GPS to determine location and Bluetooth to estimate how crowded the place is, which can influence the user's walking speed towards the next concert.
The app displays the concerts currently playing plus the concerts starting within the next three hours, giving you a nice snapshot of your upcoming concert adventures!
The app Roskilde MusicNerd is also a research project about movement of people around the festival. Using this app will help Roskilde Festival to be even better in 2013!
The project is conducted by DTU students.
Roskilde SoundRate gives the possibility to rate your music preferences and experience and provide useful feedback. Apply ROS in the listener code field when you run the app at the festival.
The app is part of an innovation project on live sound managed by the Danish Sound Technology Network in collaboration with Roskilde Festival and other partners. The aim is to clarify factors involved in achieving good live sound quality. An important element is the rating from many users, and the app is developed to capture this information in a smooth way. The app acquires demographic data, location information from GPS and Bluetooth, as well as general and detailed sound quality and user experience information.
Term and conditions: By downloading this app you provide consent to the following:
1) Information is registered anonymously and will be used for research and innovation purposes by the Danish Sound
Technology Network and partners.
2) The app provides the option to sign up for a newsletter, and access to own data. In that case you accept that we link your email to the data provided.
3) The app is provided "as-is" and support is generally not available. No warranties of any kind, express or implied, are made as to it or any medium it may be on. No remedy will be provided for indirect, consequential, punitive or incidental damages arising from it, including such from negligence, strict liability, or breach of warranty or contract, even after notice of the possibility of such damages.
4) The use of the app will involve data traffic at your own cost.
Also note that if you experience any problems with the app - please uninstall and reinstall it again. It is 99% likely that the problem is caused by previous cached data that have become invalid in later versions.
This application is only targeted at the participants of the SensibleDTU study. You can install it even if you do not participate, but it is just a plain data collector with no user-oriented functionality. The data you share with the experimenters will be discarded.
TO DTU STUDENTS:
These steps are crucial!
Before installing this application, please REMOVE THE EXISTING SensibleDTU APP FROM YOUR PHONES.
You can find the steps here: http://www.sensible.dtu.dk/?page_id=877
After installing the app you must RUN IT (press "Open" after the installation is finished) and then REBOOT your phone.