Solar PV calculator is an App designed
for Panel Installers, so they can quickly
calculator productivity of system to be
The App will also calculate the benefits
over a 25 year period, so the client /
customer can be shown how much income
can be generated, and how long the system
will take to pay for itself.
The App is very simple to use, and can also
be used by people considering installing
a solar Pv system.
The App will go through the calculation
Each stage has a help file to assist with
entering correct data.
Data such as Installation type,
Panel Orientation (Direction of Panels)
Pitch (Angle of Panels)
Shading, Panel rating and number of panels.
This data will be used to calculate
Productivity and system size required.
Cost data such as installation cost,
FIT rate (Fixed Income Tarif)
Export rate, Electricity costs
And Inflation, will also be entered
to calculate the income generated and
money saved on bills, by having the
At the end of the App, a survey report
can be viewed with system details.
Also a benefits illustration can be
viewed, to show the customer / client
how much income / savings can be made.
In the TOTAL benefits section,
The year will be highlighted in Yellow
to indicate how long the system will
take to pay for itself.
Years below this will be RED.
Years where profit is generated will be GREEN.
Pro version Also available....
Pro version allows for full Installation
details, to generate a complete quote.
Allows data to be emailed so
details can be retrieved at a later date
for further use, or sent to client.
Also stores data such as FIT rate, costs etc
making data entry much simpler after first use.
Please rate this App if you like it.
Any suggestions please email me at :
(c) Copyright W.Cooper 2011
Connect to SMA Sunny Boy solar PV Inverters via Bluetooth.
View live spot data with graph of todays power (kW) and total energy (kWh).
Spot data includes current AC power (W), Todays energy (kWh), Inverter temperature (°C) and DC Power (W), DC Volts (V) and DC Amps (A) for each string of panels.
Enable auto refresh to update live spot data and todays graph.
Uses current location to calculate sunrise and sunset times to stop auto refresh over night.
View graphs of last 90 days of power and total energy.
View graphs of last 12 months of total daily energy.
View graphs of last 12 months of total weekly energy.
View graph of last 12 months of total monthly energy.
Enable real time auto upload to pvoutput.org. *
Option to real time auto upload DC power and volts for each string of panels and inverter temperature into pvoutput.org donation fields v7-v12. **
Uses current location to calculate sunrise and sunset times to stop auto uploads over night.
Batch upload of missing statuses for the last seven days to pvoutput.org. *
Choose between 3 themes.
* Requires free account at pvoutput.org.
** Requires donation to pvoutput.org.
pvoutput.org setup help:
System Key should be set to the API Key available at http://pvoutput.org/account.jsp. System Id is the system id for the registered system on the same page.
Donation field definitions are:
v7 - String 1 Power DC (W)
v8 - String 1 Volts (V)
v9 - String 2 Power DC (W)
v10 - String 2 Volts (V)
v11 - Total Power DC (W)
v12 - Inverter Temperature (°C)
If 'Upload Inverter Temp as v5' is enabled the Inverter Temperature will not be uploaded to v12, only v5. This is useful if a donation hasn't been made to pvoutput.org.
Email me or go to the Oxley Solar Google+ community (http://goo.gl/0pbD30) for support.
Note1: The scientific equations used for calculating temperature effect on the PV modules have demonstrated in literature to provide optimal results for poly/mono-crystalline based modules, but no reference for thin film modules is purveyed.
Note2: The app calculates the theoretical maximum for installations with solar tracking system, considering that the modules are always oriented towards the sun. Accordingly, the real production for fixed installations will always be smaller than the production estimated by the app.
Languages supported: English, French, German, Spanish and Catalan.
Bluetooth Inverter Connection and Data Logging application for your solar photovoltaic system.
Supports SMA* Sunny Boy Bluetooth wireless enabled solar PV Inverters.
Note: please check with your installer they have set the Bluetooth ID and date/time of your inverter.
NEW: upload data to www.pv-log.com
Supports multiple inverter logging (can only connect/view one at a time).
Daily graph updated whilst connected to the inverter.
Swipe gesture support on graph to move between days.
Download Historic data for date range (inverter holds last 90 days).
Provides real time spot values for performance monitoring.
Today Feed in + Export Income
Today estimated cash savings on electicity
Total Income (Feed in + savings)
Upload Collected data to pvoutput.org** for further online analysis.
Option to real time auto upload to pvoutput.org whilst connected. NEW!
Historical daily totals (kWh) data viewing by scrollable bar chart.
Historical weekly totals (kWh) data viewing by scrollable bar chart.
Historical monthly totals (kwh) bar graph with ability to show comparison to monthly targets.
Plant View aggregate Historic daily totals (kWh) data viewing by scrollable bar chart for all inverters registered.
Plant View aggregate Historic weekly totals (kWh) data viewing by scrollable bar chart for all inverters registered.
Plant View aggregate Historical monthly totals (kwh) bar graph with ability to show comparison to monthly targets. for all inverters registered.
Database tidy function.
Database backup/restore, transfer your data to your new android device
Optional auto backup to "/sdcard/Felix Solar Log/Backup" each time you start the app.
Copy your backup into "/sdcard/Felix Solar Log/Restore" to auto restore when you next start the app.
CSV Import function, Import your Sunny Explorer CSV Files.
Format1: dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss;kWh;kW
Format2: dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss;kWh;kW
Format3: dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss;kWh;kW
Multi file bulk CSV Import functionality, place files in "/sdcard/Felix Solar Log/Import"
*Tested on SMA Sunnyboy SB4000TL, STP8000TL, SB2000HF, SB3000HF Models
**requires free pvoutput.org account and api key, pvoutput.org will only accept uploads within the last 14 days.
Thanks to Jakob, Roberto & Guenter for their translation
Solar-Log, Solarlog, SolarView, Sunny Webbox, Sunny Explorer, ZonPHP, PVOutput, PV Output, Sun Watch, Android, App, Photovoltaik, Photovoltaic, Solar
To get started, you will need your System ID and API Key from your Account Settings (http://pvoutput.org/account.jsp). Both are towards the bottom of your system settings on pvoutput.org.
Adding your initial system will also configure your Master API Detail. All calls to PVOutput.org are made using the Master API detail unless you override the API key on a per system basis.
Click on your system's name to take you to the IntraDay view. From there, swipe left and right, up and down to change views.
Edit your system settings via the Systems sub-menu. Set it as the default to go straight into the detail view for that system every time you launch the app.
If you don't have live Intraday data, edit your system and turn off the Intraday pages. Manually add your daily data directly from the app.
Access to pvoutput.org data is governed by the pvoutput.org API limits and restrictions. Making a donation to pvoutput.org will provide API bonus features that this Android app takes advantage of but it is not mandatory for basic app functions. See http://pvoutput.org/help.html#donations for further detail. Of particular interest are the following:
- Higher rate limits.
- The ability to retrieve detail and generation data for any system.
General features include:
- Search for and Add any system on pvoutput.org. View limited system detail (including map) prior to adding.
- System Detail shows location using Google Maps and lifetime statistics
- Intraday, Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Generation and Consumption.
- Swipe left/right to move between days or keep swiping to move to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly.
- Swipe up/down to toggle view modes between Generation and Consumption or other views such as High/Average/Low.
- Portrait shows Graph + List of data. Click on data heading to toggle display of Graph to view data list in full screen.
- Landscape shows full screen graph.
Home Screen Widgets:
- Pro Widget in-app subscription (7 day free trial) for additional 2x1 graph and 1x1 text home screen widget options.
- A single textual 2x1 home screen widget for Generation and Consumption data is enabled without having to subscribe.
- Click on the system name to re-enter the widget configuration screen.
- Optimise the width/height of the graphs for your screen.
- Place a 2x1, resize and then adjust the width/height via the widget configuration screen.
- Indicated by drill period in round brackets in page heading.
- When in drill mode, swipe left/right to move period. eg: move from month to month, year to year etc.
- Use the back button to exit Drill Mode.
- Access Drill Mode via list click...
- from Daily to Intraday
- from Weekly/Montly/Yearly to Daily
- Access Drill Mode via list context menu (long-press list item)...
- from Daily to Intraday
- from Weekly to Daily
- from Monthly to Daily/Weekly
- from Yearly to Daily/Weekly/Monthly
Want to go Ad Free?
You have two options:
1. Be an active supporter of pvoutput.org by making a donation AND join the 'McDonalds Android App' team on pvoutput.org
2. Ad Free in-app subscription (7 day free trial)
Show your support and join the PVOutput Android App Team. Join/Leave the Team directly from the app in the System Edit page or see http://pvoutput.org/ladder.jsp?tid=350
Don't hesitate to drop me an email (email@example.com) with any problems or suggestions.
Use this link to join the Beta Test Group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/pv-output-android-app-beta-test-group
This application uses Google Analytics to anonymously collect usage stats. You may opt out via an in-app preference. I hope you don't ... the stats keep me motivated ;)
In just three easy steps, you can obtain radiation information for your desired location:
position your tablet/Smartphone as if it was a photovoltaic panel; when it is in the correct position, “print” the parameters and retrieve the data.
If you want to customize the parameters like location, orientation, or incline, you can do this by using the pencil shaped button next to each parameter. Once you have the data, you can share the data with your contacts or open it with other applications on your device.
The data contained in the app comes from either NASA or PVGIS (European Union), depending on your chosen location. PVGIS info is retrieved from this site: http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis/
If the data you requested has a location somewhere in Europe or Africa, then the data will come from PVGIS, and if the coordinates correspond to somewhere else on the planet, the data will come from NASA.
The radiation and the electric production data are out of our control and Irradia Energía is not responsible for the accuracy or availability of this information.
pv, pvgis, photovoltaic, photovoltaic panel, photovoltaic production, electricity production, nasa, radiation, solar radiation, solar irradiation, tilted panels radiation, photovoltaic system radiation, photovoltacia system production.
Several different PV plants can be monitored by the Solar-Log™ and visualized with this App. As result, already installed PV plants with their current data provide an interesting insight to the performance capabilities of modern plants.
The App saves all of the data in an internal cache so that once loaded it can also be displayed yields when no internet connection is available. The Slide Show mode makes it possible to display the plant continuously. So at a glance, you quickly see what the plant's current power output is. Additionally a small widget provides a direct overview for the yields at the homescreen.
Supported plants include any that are accessible via the internet website Solar-Log™ WEB "Commercial Edition" as well as Solar-Log™ WEB "Classic 2nd Edition".
The usage of Solar Energy has increased recently, due to its advantages, mainly because it is a clean renewable source of energy, which its availability makes it ideal for local production of electric power.
The position of a PV panel affects its power generation. Thus, the panels should be positioned optimally for maximum efficiency.
THIS TOOL uses GPS to determine your location and the time of the day, than calculate the azimuth and the elevation of the sun. Having the sun's position calculated, your smartphone will guide you and show you how to position your panel for optimal solar energy generation.
3 operational modes available:
★ Now - The best position of the panel at the current time.
★ Year - The best position of the panel through the whole year.
★ Custom - You may choose the period for optimal power generation.
For best result, place your smartphone in a vertical position on your solar cell surface. The arrows pointing left and right indicate the pan rotation, while the up and down arrows suggest the tilt rotation. Note that the color of the arrows will change from red to green as you get closer to the desired location. We suggest to make gentle movements while the arrows are green until they disappear. When the light bulb turns on, you're on the spot! Now you can remove your smartphone from the panel, and get the most of your solar panel.
Please E-mail us if you experience any trouble using our tool:
Tags: solar, panel, sun, angle, sun position, pv cell, green, energy, photo voltaic, azimuth, elevation, pan, tilt, optimal, power, tool, pv, orientation, photovoltaic.
This Android application gathers essential parameters about a solar installation from the user and from device sensors, then works with an inference engine on the server to deliver an output value prescribed by the environmental condition. It represents the practical optimal output deliverable by your system.
The app will help you determine the efficiency and health status of your solar power installation.
Our mathematical model for photovoltaic performance takes into account latitude & longitude, azimuth & tilt angle, brand & model of solar modules, irradiance & cell temperature, and time & date.
Wattminder is not responsible for any damages as a result of relying on the data presented by the app.
/This is Why we have created the SHARP SOLAR app providing you with a very useful PV-MODULE SCANNER (usable for Sharp customers in the B2B business area only).
This app will enable you to scan serial and pallet numbers of your SHARP PV MODULES with your smart phone’s camera.
After scanning, the collected data can be sent to the SHARP network.
SHARP will then provide you with a complete Flasher data list automatically forwarded to your e-mail account.
Please have a look at your main benefits:
- Incoming components inspection / registration
- Automated Flasher data list generation
- ease of serial number and pallet number handling
Important: To use this app you have to be an accredited SHARP SOLAR customer.
To get full use of all features please register for free at the SHARP European Partnernet to identify and store your company and e-mail address.
Your SHARP SOLAR Team
SolarAnalyzer works with data loggers/data sources such as:
- Solar-Log (all models, official partner of Solar-Log™)
- meteocontrol WEB’log PRO
- SMA Sunny Webbbox BT (with FTP-Push of csv-files)
- SMA Sunny Webbbox RS485(with FTP-Direct-Access)
- SMA Sunny Explorer & SMA Sunny Beam csv-files
- Kaco Powador inverters, Sunways inverters, Luxra/Kostal Piko inverters
- Kaco proLOG
- SMASpot, PVOutput.org, Danfoss2SolarLog, Sun-Watch and others...
***SolarAnalyzer does not support bluetooth connection to inverter***
• Day, month and year view
• All 5-minute data refreshing (depending on the data logger / portal)
• wipe through the days / periods of time and switch to the views
• Up to 41 inverters per power plant
• Automatic Zoom
• Built-in cache, incl. file synchronisation
• Languages: German, English, Dutch, Italian, French
• Adjustable colors and predefined presets (via PC)
• Many well-known SolarAnalyzer Pro/Online functionality, even under Android (configurable with PC)
Full featured version available at:
Solar-Log, Solarlog, Solar Log, SolarView, SMA Sunny Webbox, Sunny Explorer, ZonPHP, PVOutput, PV Output, Sun Watch, SunWatch, FreeSol, Android, App, Photovoltaic, Solar, Kaco, Powador, proLOG, Aurora Communicator, Sunways, Inverter, pv, log, Kostal, SMASpot, meteocontrol, web'log, weblog, Luxra, S0control
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
LOGGERS, PORTALS, DATA-FILES:
♦ Sun-Watch : Dipl.-Ing. Uwe Klatt, www.sun-watch.com
♦ Solar-Log (TM): Solare Datensysteme GmbH, www.solar-log.com
♦ Kostal Piko : KOSTAL Solar Electric GmbH, via Suntrol Portal
♦ PowerDog (TM): ecodata GmbH, www.power-dog.com
♦ PV-Log : Top50-Solar, www.pv-log.com
♦ Suntrol Portal: SolarWorld AG, www.suntrol-portal.com
♦ PVOutput : pvoutput.org
♦ SolarView : RichterData Manfred Richter, www.solarview.info
- SolarView@Windows (>= 1.1.192)
♦ SMA CSV-Format: SMA Solar Technology AG, www.sma.de
- Sunny Webbox Bluetooth
- Sunny Webbox (BETA!)
- Sunny Explorer
- Sunny Beam
♦ SMA Sunny Webbox and Webbox Bluetooth
- via Suntrol Portal
- via PVOutput Portal
Problems with the app? Want to see more loggers or data-files supported? Don't hesitate to contact me.
Translators welcome! You want to see SunWatcher in your native language? Please contact me.
• Requires Android 2.1 or above
• Create as many plants as you want
• Offline-support: An active network is only necessary for downloading the data
• Download the pv-data from "HTTP" or "HTTPS/SSL" servers, "Basic Authentication" supported
• Download the pv-data from "FTP" servers
• Download the pv-data from your "Dropbox"
• Read the pv-data from "local directories" e.g. SD-Card
• Manual file import feature
• Auto-update in the background possible
• Homescreen-Widget to show your daily value
• Day-, Month- and Year-View
• Sum, Reference- and Forecast-curves
• Different views for Portrait and Landscape mode
• Navigate with swipe gestures
• Calculate your income and the forecast
• Network communication: For downloading the PV data
• Storage: For backup and restore
• System tools: For auto-updating data in the background
For the connection to the databse you need an internet connection.
SunLux, the ingenious tool for your solar power - earnings forecast. Here you can quickly and easily get an overview of the possibilities that offers SunLux. You will be able to create your own earnings forecasts. Take a little time and enter all relevant data in SunLux.
You can let the device act as a PV module. The place where you will be located with GPS.
You can then proudly say: With this income i can expect in the future, I have determined it by myself.
* GPS tracking
* Orientation by the sensors of the device
* Graphical representation
* Options: + PV technology + Installed PV power + losses of the PV system + optimum tilt + optimum azimuth + mounting position
Functions of the Pro version:
* Display the daily solar radiation -> Lite version also
* Display of monthly solar radiation
* Income statement of a PV system
* Share feature
* Optimum affection for your PV system
The database is based on precise measurements of sunlight in Europe and Africa - called as PVGIS. The latest version 4, which is based on the CM SAF radiation database offered free of charge.
Tags: Sonne, Solar, PV, Photovoltaik, CIS, Silizium, SI, Sun, kwh, Strom, Energie, Current, GPS, Orientierung, Solarzelle, Solarcell, Energy, Lux, Licht, Light,
Easy to use:
- Built-in Conext ComBox auto-discovery
- Connect to the Conext ComBox with a single button press
- Horizontal swipe to navigate
- Graphical Conext ComBox file browser
- Fling up/down on the energy graphs to move the date backwards/forwards
- Conext ComBox
- Android tablet with a minimum screen size 7”, 1024x600, e.g. Acer Iconia Tab A100, Acer Iconia Tab A500, Google Nexus 7, Asus Transformer TF700T, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
For global support, please visit: http://www2.schneider-electric.com/sites/corporate/en/support/operations/local-operations/local-operations.page