* Featured on Life Hacker, PC World & Android Central and recommended by Motorola! The ORIGINAL, best, steadiest and most popular WiFi file transfer app with now over 1 million users across all app stores worldwide! *
Browse, transfer, download, upload, delete, copy, rename, stream and manage files that are on your Android device, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.
No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pictures and copy across your favourite MP3s.
"I wholeheartedly recommend going the wireless route with WiFi File Explorer!" - PC World review - 5 stars.
"Best couple of bucks I ever spent." - Top app of 2011 - from Android Central's Jerry Hildenbrand.
1. Using a web browser, you can browse and download all the files on your Android device without the need for a cable. Download entire directories with one click which no other similar app offers;
2. Multiple batch file uploads and downloads to save you time when transferring many files at once from your computer to your Android device or vice-versa;
3. Backup your entire SD card or just backup individual directories with one simple click – for example, backup all your photos just by downloading the Camera directory!
4. Download a streaming media playlist to allow you to quickly flick through and stream all the stored media files in a directory into a media player on your computer. This is a unique feature not offered by other apps;
5. Create brand new directories and delete/rename/copy/zip/unzip files - the perfect file manager;
6. Use the one of a kind gallery viewer to create a slide show of all your camera pictures directly from your Android device. Simply click on a picture’s file name to launch the gallery viewer and then hit the play button to enjoy all your pictures in the web browser;
7. Search box so that you can find any file on your Android device;
8. Select between thumbnail and detail views to choose the best method to quickly browse your files. Thumbnails are supported for both pictures AND videos!
9. It is also uniquely an installer, so automatically install app files with just once click in the web browser;
10. With with one simple click you can set any audio file on your device to become your ringtone;
11. View all the camera pictures and videos or listen to all the music on your Android device streamed directly in a web browser. Use shortcut tabs to quickly view ‘All Music’, ‘All Pictures’ and ‘All Videos’ stored on your device, no matter which directory they are in;
12. Runs as a service in the background so you can use other apps while you are making transfers;
13. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works!
14. Password protected to prevent unwanted access;
15. Ability to configure the port settings;
16. Full support for special characters in file names which competitor apps do not support;
17. Visual indicators and stats of how much free space is on your Android device as well as real-time indicators of how much battery and WiFi signal you currently have;
18. Send an email to the web link from the app for easy connection;
19. Special “Development Goodies” mode to enable SSL protection – email developer for details!
20. LOTS more features in development;
* Before emailing, check FAQs at http://dooblou.blogspot.com *
* Follow @dooblou on Twitter for all the latest news and updates as they occur *
* Find us on Facebook – Search for ‘WiFi File Explorer’ *
If you do have problems using this application on your WiFi network, it is most likely a configuration problem with your router/network. Please contact the developer if you have any questions and he may be able to help you ... but please don't rate low because your network isn't configured properly - that isn't the application’s fault ;)
Copy, move, delete, rename, compress, extract files and folders, and create new folders. You can handle multiple files and nested folders in one action.
You can also view multiple tabs each browsing different folders, you can copy and move files and folders from one tab to another.
- Copy, Move, delete files and folders in one patch.
- Create folders
- Create and extract zip files
- Support password protected zip files.
- Open multiple tabs to view different folders at the same time.
- Sort files by name, type, size, and time.
- Optionally show hidden files.
- Security, no NETWORK ACCESS permission.
- Share files via email attachment, bluetooth, ….
*** We’re always trying to make File Explorer better. If you have questions or suggestions, please send it to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or select “Contact us” from the app menu.
If you have a tablet(honeycomb or higher), please try Tab Explorer, exclusively designed for Tablets
* File Explorer - Explore files in your android phone easily. Android Explorer has the most intuitive file explorer that makes the best use of the screen size.
* App Explorer- Explore apps on your android phones easily
* Image Explorer - Explore images on your android phone
Browse files the most intuitive way
Easily Copy and Paste files
Easily Create Folders, Rename files or Delete files or folders
Share your files easily
Share an entire folder easily by zipping and sharing
Sort files based on name, size or type
View all apps installed on your android phone
Backup, share or uninstall apps
Filter apps based on size or name
Easily email the app install link
Explore images on your phone
Easily share any image
Android Explorer - The original multi purpose explorer designed for phone.
*** ROOT IS REQUIRED
*** A CUSTOM KERNEL IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY!
The app will offer you some features without a custom kernel, roughly ~50%.
*** LAUNCH THE APP WITH THE KERNELS DEFAULT SETTINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME
Each section of KControl saves the current settings on first open. Ensure that those are default settings for your kernel.
*** Why does KControl need permission x?
CHECK_LICENSE - to check if the app was bought or pirated
ACCESS_SUPERUSER (Root) - to access kernel specific, write protected, files
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to apply your settings on boot
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - needed to obfuscate your device id with your mac address (neither can be extracted then)
VIBRATE - test vibrate setting
WAKE_LOCK - TEGRA ONLY: For Screen on/off to apply GPU clocks
*** OFFICIAL SUPPORTED DEVICES:
Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
Nexus 4 (mako)
Nexus 7 (grouper/tilapia)
Nexus 7 (flo/deb)
HTC One X (endeavoru)
HTC One S (ville)
Theoretically this app should work on any msm/tegra3 device. Tegra3 will lack thermal configuration.
Functionality on stock kernels or custom kernels without Bricked features will be limited.
Internal busybox to avoid compatibility issues
Modify CPU frequencies for each CPU (and CPU voltages *1)
Show overall CPU usage and for each CPU
Show current CPU frequencies (current scaling and current min/max)
Show CPU time in state
Generates CPU Usage/Temperature graphs, limited to 10 mins of history, runs in background as long as you left KControl not using Quit or BACK. Pauses for deep sleep. Enable it in Settings.
Show Task-lists sorted by CPU/MEMORY
Allows you to kill tasks
Show Memory overview
Modify Low Memory Killer settings
Show current GPU usage & frequency *2
Modify GPU max clock & frequencies and other settings (msm) for each power level on the fly! *2
Show current temperature
Modify all msm_thermal options & current throttle stats *1
Show current Core status (on/off)
Modify all msm/tegra_mpdecision settings *1
Simple and advanced settings for mpdecision *1
Show mpdecision statistics (how often were my cpus unplugged/hotplugged, how long was each cpu online?) *1
(Support for both mpdecision sysfs versions released by me. Array based and up/down)
Change the scheduler for each device independently
Modify the global scheduler settings & each schedulers settings
Change the governor for each CPU independently
Modify each governors settings
Enabled/Disable Sweep2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable Sweep2sleeponly. *1
Enabled/Disable DoubleTap2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable NVIDIA PRISM (tegra only)
Modify rgb color calibration *1
Modify gamma for red/green/blue *1 (supports: CM's & Faux's gamma control)
Gamma advanced/general view allows you to modify all values
Color/Gamma calibration wizard (with calibration pictures)
Modify all exported settings of sound_control versions >=3 and <3 *1 (supports: Faux's sound control)
Vibration control *1
Displays general info (rom/kernel version, device hardware, board name, etc, etc pp)
Compatibility checker beneath general info
Theme switch (light/dark Holo).
Ability to apply all settings on boot individually
Unit switch to choose between °C and °F
Opens change-logs when clicking on the app's version
Every setting is being saved on first read and can be reset on each page to it's original value.
*1 = needs kernel support
*2 = needs a separate module for your kernel, Bricked-Kernel is delivered with them for quite some time now
KControl will hide unsupported sections.
*** Your favorite kernel isn't 100% supported?
Look here: http://bricked.de/kcontrol_compat.php
## I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE
## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
- Open Source
- Ad Free (Forever)
- Awesome (like you!)
- IceCream Sandwich (ICS) compatible
Coming soon in 1.3 (pre ICS)
- GMail Integration
- Unzipping Functionality
Coming soon 3.0 (ICS)
- Multi select
- More awesomeness
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/FileExplorer
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/FileExplorer
Sliding File manager is elegant, fast,and minimal.
- Google Navigation Drawer
- Root Access
- Edit/View File Permissions
- External Sd Card support
- File/Folder Creation, Renaming, Copy, Cut, Paste
- Image Previews
- Show Hidden Files
- Directory Shortcuts
- Specialized File Icon Previews
- File Sharing
- Unzip/extract Files
- Zip files
- Copy/Past Multiple Files
- Printing(KitKat only)
- DashClock Extension
- Select a File/Folder by tapping it's icon
- Root Functions (Modify folders/files that require root permission)
- *** Donations! *** Support the developers with an in app purchase! (Accessible in the settings menu)
Follow @BallerApps on twitter!
You can email us at email@example.com or tweet the developers (@Team_Shirwa) and (@A_Kiniyalocts) on twitter!
Application Icon designed by Miloš Mirković (https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MilošMirković).
1. File sorting;
2. File category management;
3. Wireless file transfer.
* Cut, copy, paste and cancellable progress dialog
* List and grid view for file browsing
* Compress and decompress support
* Search and share files
* Multiple selection and sorting support
* File Manager -- Operate files (Multiple select, Copy, Paste, Cut/Move, Create, Delete and Rename, Search/Share/Send, Hide, Shortcut, Bookmark) in the phone and computers
Complete file system management
- USB, SD and other external media
- Network Connectable (FTP, SFTP, SMB/Samba/Windows/Lan/WIFI)
- Text Editor (Tabbed, Multiple Document Interface)
- Smart Folders that scan for different types of media (Videos, Photos, Music, Downloads)
- View Pager directory navigation (swipe right to go up a directory)
- Superuser/Root ability to list/read system folders (no system write yet)
Features to come:
- More Networking capability (Dropbox, Box.net, Sky drive)
- Offline file structure cache, will remember which files you have in different places without needing to connect
- Disk space heat map shows where your biggest files are
Explorer helps you easily share files with friends over Wi-Fi.
* Access to your Gallery, Video, Music, E-Books, Documents, Apps, Plug-in, APK files, Zip Files, Favorites
* Access to your Phone SD card, External SD card and Phone Internal Storage on your start page
* Quick Send : An extremely easy way to send files to your friends. Quick, Secure and Super Easy!
* Powerful File Manager- supports all basic file operations like Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Create, Sort, Rename,
Send, Details, Favorites, Hide, Create Shortcut. Batch operation and more!
* Search SD card, perform operations on search results
* Web PC Suite- Featured HTTP Sharing in old versions. When open service, turn your mobile phone into a HTTP Server
and visit it wirelessly on PC or tablet in a Windows style interface.
* FTP Sharing - When open service, turn your mobile phone into a FTP Server. Share & manage your files on other FTP
* Access your host computer from phone-Samba Client, FTP Client, SFTP Client, FTP Client, WEBDAV Client, Bluetooth
* App Manager - Uninstall/Backup apps. Click to install apps. Support silent operations if on rooted devices
* Archive manager - Create and decompress ZIP archive, Decompress RAR. You can view your ZIP/RAR/GZIP/TAR/TGZ/BZ
file just like accessing a folder and directly decompress unique files and folders
* Thumbnails - view thumbnails
* Image Viewer - supports both local and remote folder
* Powerful Text Editor
* File Picker - Let Explorer to help you open files
* Many other very useful features are waiting for you to discover!
For Wiki or Q/A, please reference this page:
If you have any issue for the app, please leave a message on this page:
1) when you start from the main screen, which acts as a normal file browser.
2) when you start from another application, in this case acts as a file selector that allows the user to select any type and number of files.
It is useful so that other applications can avoid the need to build a utility for selection of images, videos or any other files.
It has the usual functions of a file explorer:
Open, Share, Search, Show Details, Copy, Move, Rename, Zip, Unzip, Sort by, View By, Create new file or folder, etc..
It also allows application management, creating shortcuts to folders and of course the multi-selection.
Note: This version is not designed for tablets, is being used the default compatibility mode. Soon we will create a design for tablets.
Thank you for trusting us.
Tags: file selector, file explorer
It can be used as simple file explorer,advanced root explorer or an application manager.
You can see and access all of your files and apps from your mobile device and share them with others.
* File Manager – Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark; operations can be performed on local files (on your Android device) or remotely (on your computer)
* Application Manager – uninstall, backup, Share and get info of apps
* Built-in ZIP support allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files
* Shows thumbnails for APKs and images
* Functions as your FTP client. Manage files on FTP servers just like you manage files on your SD card
* Root Explorer – the ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
* multiselect (by tapping, or select all/wildcards via 'Menu > List > Select all')
* calculation of file and folder size,md5
* sorting by name, extension, size or date
* file and folder search (wildcards allowed)
* built-in text and picture viewers
* open files with the default handler, or manually choose
* send files via email, bluetooth and so on
* More features included, and many more to come
Copy/Move: When copying or moving files first tab will be the source tab and other will be destination tab.
Main layout : Tiny font to see as files as possible...
Can also explore and extract CPIO, TAR and ZIP archives (zip,apk,jar).
Root and Non-root devices Support
Enhanced by busybox (if available)
An unicode-compatible busybox 1.19 is available on my website.
Tested on these devices :
- Motorola Defy 2.2 (480x854 240dpi - 4 buttons)
- Motorola Defy CM7 (Android 2.3.4 r1)
- Sony Xperia X10i
- Galaxy S
- SmartQ V3/V5 2.1 (480x800 - 3 buttons)
No Ads, and no Network use !
+ New tool to dump Kernel zImage and Ramdisk.cpio (motorola)
* Global fix to handle files/folders with quotes (') in names
+ Inspect manifest of .apk and .jar (context menu)
* Better Orientation Handling
* Text Viewer is now black
* Enhanced CRC32/MD5 Checksum for big files
+ CPIO Archives Handling and extraction (like Yaffs images but faster)
+ View gzipped text files (txt.gz)
* Normal Sort order for archive files
* Specific color for hidden files
* Zip opening optimization
* UTF8 Listing in non-root mode too.
+ Create Zip archives (thread)
* Fix "Try non-su ls" in root mode
+ .tar, .gz, .bz2, .lzo, .lzma Extraction (if busybox)
* Fix CPIO links and block devices
+ Multiple Delete (with Refresh button Context Menu)
+ Added mtd* partitions in the dump tool
+ TAR Exploration
* Cross-device link support on Cut/Paste
* Fix zip creation relative path
* Stop thread fix
+ New option to use Busybox LS
+ Create TAR Archives
+ Unzip fallback to busybox unzip if possible
* Removed message when reloading app
+ Convert busybox dates (to compare)
+ Show /sdcard and /sd-ext free space
+ Better support for Cyanogen Mod 7.1 (permissions, yaffs, ls, free space)
* UI Fixes for Android 2.3.4 (Defy CM7.1 ^^)
* Cyanogen option to select "busybox ls" (default option uses also busybox style output)
+ Command History
+ Command Library
+ Copy-Paste in same directory to duplicate a file
+ Colorized Android Logcat
+ Check MD5 / SFV files
+ Text Editor can now save changes (unix format)
* Fix busybox long group names (>8 char)
* Add advanced file properties (busybox)
* keep perm and owner/group on Paste
* Enhanced busybox detection
+ Link to download busybox (sources on github)
+ Logcat without root access (new LOGS perm)
+ Motorola 2.3.3 system support (sdcard-ext, free space)
+ Enhanced root mode detection
+ Search in Text Editor
+ Better handling of big results
* Fixed directory delete
+ Threaded MD5Sum Check
+ Gzip compression option for partition dump tool
+ Save user/group list in the SQLite database
+ Enhanced file "list" View
+ New reverse filter function
+ Create file (refresh/tool menu)
+ MIUI 1.6 color fixes (black text on white default background)
+ Prepare bottom slider for future 2.x versions
* Fix cmd history export
* Fix md5sum check, could report false success
* Fix "resume" problem
+ Update framework
* Enhance speed of Permissions tool (disable db storage)
* Fix colors and directory selector on ICS 4.0.3
+ Basic Atrix support (special colors for small fonts)
+ Add Dumpsys output (su or not)
- Remove telnet window
* Update framework
+ Show bar with colors in dmesg/logcat
+ Add kernel modules list / modinfo
+ Share files (Dropbox / Gmail)
+ Disk Stats (r/w operations)
* Fix yaffs image detection
- Remove bottom slider for the moment
* UI Update
* fix yaffs reggression
* fix remaining french errors
+ Refresh dmesg/logcat
* Application backup
* Multi-select file supported.
* Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
* Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
* Create, delete, copy directories (folders).
* Zip / Unzip file or folder.
* Search file
* Sorting types: Alphabetical, Type, Size,...
* Share file to email, socials network.
* Choose file to other applications, like Gmail, to attach files.
* Support for many file types such as: .png, .jpg, .mp3, .xls, .doc, ...
* Compare with tablets
Keywords: File Explorer, File Manager, File Browser, Root Explorer, Gallery, file manager, filemanager, file explorer, manage file, folder, share file, show file
Recently Tested File Manager Configurations:
LG G2 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S2 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S3 File Manager
Samsung Galaxy S4 File Manager
Nexus 4 File Manager
Nexus 7 File Manager
Nexus 10 File Manager
LG G Pro File Manager
Sony Xperia Z File Manager
Motorola DroidX File Manager
Motorola Droid2 File Manager
Samsung Fascinate File Manager
Samsung Epic 4G File Manager
Motorola Droid File Manager
Motorola Defy File Manager
T-Mobile G2 File Manager
LG Optimus File Manager
LG Ally File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Note File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Note II File Manager
Samsung Galaxy Ace File Manager
HTC One File Manager