REMEMBER!! The built-in microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are LIMITED by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound(100+ db) cannot be recognized. Moto Droid (max.100), Galaxy S3 (81dB), Galaxy Note (91dB), Galaxy S2 (98dB)...
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your built-in microphone to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB(A).
See the 4-6th pictures. I had calibrated many android devices with an actual sound level meter. You can trust the result in routine-noise levels (40-70dB). But, please use it as an auxiliary tool.
* Pro version added Features :
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving log data
- CSV file exporting
- Level notification
- Line-chart duration
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Sound Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** Not compatible with: Xperia(X8, X10 mini), LG(Optimus One, P350), GT-I9001, ZTE, etc
Recent discoveries of the Obad family of malware show that malicious apps can leverage an Android vulnerability to hide themselves from discovery and removal more details: http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/cybercriminals-improve-android-malware-stealth-routines-with-obad/
This app will scan your device for the hidden malware and aid you in removing the device administrator setting so you can remove the malware.
This app measures magnetic field value using the built-in magnetic sensor that is built into your device. The magnetic field level(EMF) in nature is about 49μT(micro tesla) or 490mG(milli gauss); 1μT = 10mG.
If there is any metal in the area, the strength of the magnetic field should increase. Sometimes, this app used to find electrical wires in walls (like a stud finder) and iron pipes in the ground.
Usage is simple: Open this app on your device, and move it around. The magnetic field level will constantly fluctuate. That's it!
A lot of ghost hunters had downloaded this app, and they had experimented as a ghost detector.
The accuracy depends entirely on the sensor in your device. Note that the magnetic sensor is affected by electronic equipment (TV, PC, etc.) due to electromagnetic waves.
If this app does not work properly, it may mean that your phone's sensors are damaged, broken or non-existent. To initialize the sensors, point your phone up towards the sky and move it in a figure 8 pattern. Especially, a view cover with a magnet or a leather case with a magnetic snap can cause unwanted results.
Lastly, this app cannot detect gold, silver and coins made by copper. (They are classified as Non-ferrous that has no magnetic field.)
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Compass Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
Change your device to a motion detector, or remote surveillance camera or even spy cam with motion detection functionality, you can also detect motion for other apps such as Tasker or Automagic
Program uses device's built-in camera so effects can be unsatisfying, reaction time depends on device performance and frame size, maximum and minimum size of recorded frames depends on the device.
● save images captured when motion is detected
● upload captured images to FTP server
● post images on HTTP server (for advanced users, will require script that will receive image from app)
● send an EMAIL with captured image
● sound when motion is detected
● select which camera to use, front or rear
● adjustable detector sensitivity and resolution
● change image resolution recorded by detector
● set active zone, motion will be detected only within the zone
● adjust exposure compensation and exposure lock, not all devices support these features
● can work when screen is switched off, at least it should
● event counter, log
● profiles for settings
● change image destination folder
● send notifications to other applications such as for example Tasker, when it detects movement
● control detector by other applications such as for example Tasker or Automagic
● ability to control detector by Broadcast Intent
● set how many events, will trigger reactions
● print event time and date on every frame
● widget to quickly enable or disable the detector
● time lapse function
● temporary storage feature
example PHP script for HTTP upload: http://programy.jastrzab.com/help/upload.txt
● To use widget you need to move program to internal memory
● Default position is when the device lies on the longer side
Permission Read Phone State is used to detect incoming call, and silence alarm when it`s switched on
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
What does Shellshock Detector check on your mobile device?
• Whether your mobile operating system is affected by the Bash bug
• Whether applications on your mobile devices are affected by the Bash bug
• Whether websites you are visiting is affected by the Bash bug
Try the Trend Micro Shellshock Detector website service:
Trend Micro is a leading global software developer and has been solving complex consumer computer problems for 20+ years with innovative industry- leading technology.
Trend Micro also provides a full mobile security suite with:
• Antivirus & Malware Cleaner, a Privacy Scanner for Facebook, Lost Device Protection, Safe Surfing, and Call & Text Filtering
• 100% detection according to Av-test.org and is also certified by PCSL and AV-Comparatives.
• Integrated backup of media files including photos, videos and music
• Unique cloud based protection, safeguarding customers from 250 million threats per day
Search the app store for "Trend Micro Mobile Security"
Get more details & insights on the Bash Bug, at our TrendLabs Security Intelligence Blog:
For this and other Trend Micro Mobile Solutions you should try searching the following terms: malware, anti-virus, anti virus, security, lost device, anti-theft, anti-loss, locate, parental controls, web filtering, URL filtering, call filtering, SMS filtering, SMS blocking, anti-spam, antispam, privacy, private information, personal info, online banking security.
Save option allowed for X , Y, Z emf vector values!! Take as many saves as you like no restrictions. All free!!!
It also acts as a Metal Detector [Not Guaranteed to work with every metals ]
Note : The accuracy depends entirely on the sensors in your device. Note that the magnetic sensor is affected by electronic equipment (TVs, PCs, etc. ) due to electromagnetic waves. This is not a bug in the app. If this app does not work properly, it may mean that your phone's sensors are damaged, broken or non-existent. To initialize the sensors, point your phone up towards the sky and move it in a figure 8 pattern.
New Addition to EMF Detector Free version:
Sound and vibration if EMF reaches 200 . Feature can be disabled
Usage Note :
You can change the skin by pressing on the EMF value [Below the indicator bar] two skins provided one is light another is dark.
You can switch on/off the vibration by clicking on the vibration button. [While starting the application it is always off.].One touch ease of use.
You can switch on/off the sound by clicking on the vibration button. [While starting the application it is always off.] . One touch ease of use.
And its FREE application!!!!
Please provide rating if possible.
Metal detector works on the same underlining principle so this application also can be used .for same purpose. Use this EMF sensor for saving data and later using it .
This app determines if your device or any apps installed on your device are affected by the Heartbleed bug.
What is Heartbleed?
Heartbleed isn’t a virus, it’s a mistake in OpenSSL — a security standard that encrypts communications between you, the user, and the servers provided by online services and websites. This mistake lets hackers extract user names, passwords and other sensitive information stored in these online service databases.
Will this app fix the Heartbleed bug?
No. The Heartbleed bug can only be fixed with a software update from your device manufacturer or app vendor. You can use this app to see if your device or apps need to be updated.
What do I need to do if I’m affected?
If your device or an installed app is impacted, you should wait to hear from the manufacturer or app vendor that an update is available. After you update your device software or app, only then should you change any affected passwords.
How do I check my websites?
This app can tell you if your device or apps are affected, but it won’t tell you if any of the websites you visit are vulnerable. To do that, you’ll need to use McAfee’s free Heartbleed Checker.
Just visit: http://www.mcafee.com/heartbleed
For more information
To get more info on the Heartbleed bug and additional online safety tips visit:http://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/what-is-heartbleed
Microphones in Android devices are made to record human voice, therefore the maximum noise is limited and very loud sounds cannot be recognized (in most cases above 100dB). Sound Meter PRO is calibrated to be accurate in +-2.5 dB range of actual noise level and is probably by far the most accurate sound meter on Google play. We have adjusted Sound Meter PRO with the use of professional sound meter used by sound engineers and made required adjustments for many Android devices, including the most popular devices on the market today.
Levels of Noise In decibels (dB) according to American Academy of Audiology (www.audiology.org):
140 dB - Gun shots, fireworks
130 dB - Jackhammers, Ambulance
120 dB - Jet planes taking off
110 dB - Concerts, Car horns
100 dB - Snowmobiles
90 dB - Power tools
80 dB - Alarm clocks
70 dB - Traffic, vacuums
60 dB - Normal conversation
50 dB - Moderate rainfall
40 dB - Quiet library
30 dB - Whisper
20 dB - Leaves rusting
10 dB – Breathing
Why would you use Sound Meter PRO? Measure the noise your neighbors make, check new computers, refrigerators, air conditioning units before your buy them for noise levels and select the more quiet ones, to have less noise pollution in your home. Measure how loud your car, motorcycle is. Adjust the sound system for the party you are making to safe levels not to damage peoples hearing. Measure the noise in the apartment, house you are about to buy, it might be too noisy to live in and demand for extra noise insulation. Measure your love ones snoring levels and show them the graph after. Possibilities are endless, Sound Meter PRO is a must have app for every Android device.
Here're the features of this app:
1. Metal Detector: By test, some metals, which could react with the magnetic, such as steel, iron, they could be detected by this app.
2. Shows current EMF value, in uT(microTesla)
3. Vector by (X, Y, Z)
4. uT/Time Graph
5. Vibrator Control
Keywords: Metal Detector, Megnet Detector, Megnetic Field Sensor
Glint Finder uses the same principle as the tools used by professionals to help search for and find the lens glint given off by hidden spy camera optics.
- Set the device's flash rate in cycles per second (Hz).
- Adjust device's flash duty cycle.
- Toggle the image polarity to help highlight glints.
The lens optics of hidden cameras produce specular reflection when illuminated with a flash. These retro-reflections show up as highlights or hotspots in the image that stand out as the flash toggles on and off. These are tell-tales used by skilled operators to sweep meeting areas and indoor rooms for hidden cameras.
Note: the flash rate and duty cycle capability will depend on your particular device's capability.
This is an ad supported app! Thanks for your feedback!
If you are looking for the app that uses AirPush or other push notifications, you can easily find the app and uninstall.
Besides push notifications, using this app is a great way to see what advertising agencies apps use, and what tools they have integrated.
Does the normal scan not detect the spam ads? Enable the notification monitor and you can easily see which program puts a notification in your notification area.
Another cool feature that we added is the live scanner. This scanner scans newly installed and updated apps for selected addon categories and displays a notification if they are found. This feature is reserved for users that have donated.
If you are getting shortcut spam on your homescreen, we've added a new icon ad monitor that should detect that too.
**To support us you can now easily donate through inapp billing.**
** Beta testers: If you want to beta test new functionality join our Google+ beta test group: http://goo.gl/P1TkpR and follow the instructions to receive beta updates through Google Play. **
The current list of addons we detect: (note: addon definitions are updated from the server, so there may be more than on this list. Check the help function to see all the addons we can detect)
AirPush, Airpush Hidden (Suspected), Appenda, Beluga Boost, Custom PushAds (Appbucks), Custom PushAds (Bobgame), Custom PushAds (Feelingtouch), Custom PushAds (Letang), Custom PushAds (Nulldroid), LeadBolt, Moolah Media, Senddroid, TapIt
AdFonic, Adinch, AdKnowledge, Adlantis, AdMaker, Admarvel, AdMob, Admoda, AdSense, Aduru, AdWhirl, AirAd, Amobee, Appbrain, Burstly, BuzzCity, Cauly, Chartboost, Daum, Domob, Everbadge, GreyStripe, Huntmads, InMobi, Inneractive, JumpTap, Komli, Madhouse, Madvertise, MDotM, Medialets, Mediba, Millenial, MobClix, MobFox, MOcean, MoPub, Nexage, OneRiot, Papaya Offers, Pontiflex, Quattro, RevMob, Sellaring, Smaato, StartApp, Tapjoy, Vdopia, VSERV, Youmi, Zest
Apsalar, Claritics, Flurry, Google Analytics, InApp, Localytics, Medialets, MixPanel
aChartEngine, ACRA, ActiveAndroid, AndEngine, Android NDK, Angle, Basic4Android, BugSense, Corona, Crittercism, Dropbox, Facebook, FMOD, Fortumo, Getjar, Immersion Motiv, jMonkeyEngine, libgdx, Marmalade, MonoDroid, NullWire, OpenStreetMap, PayPal, PhoneGap, PowerVR Shell, RoboGuice, RobotMedia Android Billing, Ruboto, Titanium, Twitter4j, Unity3d, Urban Airship, Xtify, Zong
Beintoo, HeyZap, OpenFeint, Papaya Social, ScoreLoop, ScoreNinja, Skiller, Swarm
Airpush Icon, LeadBolt Icon, SendDroid Icon, StartApp Icon
Amazon Licensing, Google Licensing Service, SlideMe SlideLock
*** Known issues ***
Samsung Galaxy 3 keeps talking to me when on my home screens saying folder is open or similar.
This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Light Flow and others.
Try to fix it:
Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)
More issue details here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23105
We can't guarantee that our results are 100% correct. Sometimes addons, like pushnotifications, are integrated in larger sdk's, and the developer doesn't need to use them, although we detect them. We strive to be conservative about marking apps as suspected, but errors can occur.
If your device is running Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" or higher, you don't need this app anymore! You can just press and hold on notifications and your device will tell you who is generating them.
Currently detected frameworks include:
- Moolah Media
THIS APP DOES NOT *BLOCK* THESE ADS. It only tells you which applications are causing them. You must uninstall the applications this app identifies to stop the ads.
THERE IS NO OFFICIAL PAID OR "PRO" VERSION OF THIS APP. If you find an app with a similar name, description, and screenshots, odds are strong they have simply taken the source code and republished it as their own without any significant changes.
If you experience crashes, using Android's "Report" feature is likely to get it fixed. Leaving comments without any useful information is not :)
This app is open source - see the development page for full source code.
Takes a photo and the color on the center is shown on RGB, HSV and HTML notation. Also looks for the nearest color name and speaks it (needs the Speech Synthesis API to speak Colors). It has a list of more than 1600 color names.
Useful for color blind people, designers, etc.
Due to popular demand, now includes a white balance option!
Can also share recognized colors by Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc.
Metal Sniffer is a portable metal detector. By detecting nearby electromagnetic fields using the phone's built-in magnetometer/compass, you can locate nearby metal and magnets. You can also use it to find metallic studs and wiring behind walls. Depending on your phone, you can use it to detect metals up to 30cm away, and magnets from far, far away! Note that household equipment like TVs, and computers or even your phone case can affect readings.
Readings are separated per dimension, and is given in the unit of your choice (Tesla, Gauss, or Gamma), and combined to give a scalar reading. You can set a threshold at which the phone will vibrate when a critical reading has been reached.
You can also see a reading trend through the graph, or switch to the compass mode to find the direction at which the current is coming from! You can also record the readings to a .csv file for tracking or research.
===How to use this app?===
Very simple, just move the app around and read the measurements, if the magnetic field readings go over a critical level, the phone will vibrate, meaning a ferromagnetic material is nearby.
If the readings aren't getting updated, make sure your phone is equipped with a magnetometer.
If the readings seems to be off, it means that your sensors needs to be re-calibrated, click the re-calibration button (refresh icon) for instructions.
Metal Sniffer: Leveraging your Android’s magnetic sensors to search for metal:
Metal Sniffer Brings Polished Metal Detection to Android:
Metal Sniffer Is Hands Down The Best Metal Detector App For Android:
If you like the app, please take the time to rate it & share!
-Fun Metal Detector
-Displays the x,y,z components of the magnetic field.
-Works through walls! Detect hidden electrical wires.
-4 Sensor speeds and 3 different units.
-Export the data to a CSV file, make cool charts.
-Compass-like arrow to point out the direction of the source of the magnetic field
-Free (Ads can be disabled in the settings)
-Option to force screen on to prevent screen from closing
-A historical chart
-Optimized for Ice Cream Sandwich/Holo theme
-Russian, Spanish and Dutch translations
-Tutorial (only on Android 4.0+) when app is first launched.
-Works on 2.1 and up!
-Other languages coming soon.
Used for vibration when level has reached a set threshold.
Used to save .csv records to SD card.
Bugs? Please e-mail me by clicking the link below.
1. Camera mode for EMF Detector.
2. Camera mode for Compass.
3. Audio recording while detecting EMF . You can recored sound while using the EMF Sensor.
4. Vibration and Beep Sound for EMF above 150.
5. Integrated location finder with Maps integrated with Compass screen.
6. Separate X, Y, Z graph for EMF for better understanding.
7. Shows true north of a place.
8. Multiple skins available. A Total of 6 skins to choose from.
Most of the features comes with easy single touch. No more hassle of find the settings.
Usage of the EMF sensor app is very simple as the major functionalities are on the screen itself.
Note : The accuracy depends entirely on the sensors in your device. Note that the magnetic sensor is affected by electronic equipment (TVs, PCs, etc.) due to electromagnetic waves. This is not a bug in the app. If this app does not work properly, it may mean that your phone's sensors are damaged, broken or non-existent. To initialize the sensors, point your phone up towards the sky and move it in a figure 8 pattern.
Please provide rating if possible.
Metal detector works on the same underlining principle so this application aslo can be used as an metal detector.
Motion Detector Pro is a camera surveillance app, that uses the built-in camera to detect movements in the surrounding area using an advanced motion detection algorithm. If it detects movement it sends an email or a text message with a picture link to another cell phone, allowing you to remotely monitor an area using your Android phone. Motion Detector Pro can:
✓ Take a picture when the camera sees a movement and send it to an email or another phone. Great for catching thieves, watching your business/home or keeping an eye on your pet
✓ Start surveillance remotely by using text messages (with password protection)
✓ Indicate realtime on the phones display where the movement is detected
✓ Stealth mode which closes the app as soon as the phone is touched
✓ Store the surveillance images on the cloud or locally on the phones SD-card
Why the required permissions?
-Storage: Store surveillance images on the SD-card
-Your messages: For remote startup of the alarm (using text messages)
-System tools: For remote startup of the alarm (turns on the phone)
-Services that cost your money: Sends an SMS when the alarm is triggered
-Network communication: Access to the internet so the images can be sent
-Hardware controls: Access to the camera
-Your personal information: When you select a contact to receive the images
If you discover any bugs or problems don't rate it low - instead send an email to email@example.com and we'll see if it can be fixed before the next release.
*IF THE APP FAILS AT STARTUP, PLEASE RESTART YOUR PHONE AND TRY AGAIN*
Baby Monitor is an app that helps you in watching your baby even when you are not around. If your baby is asleep and you are in another room, the baby monitor will detect if your baby is crying and alert you by a call or a text message.
The following features are supported in this version:
✓ A baby alarm which either text or calls you when the baby is crying (with customizable sensitivity)
✓ Image surveillance - take a picture of your baby if the alarm is triggered and sent it to another phone
✓ A sleep diary which allows you to take notes and see how long time your baby has been sleeping
✓ Tips on how to get your baby to sleep and other useful facts
✓ Sends a warning text message if battery is getting low
If you discover any bugs or problems please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to fix them before next release.
This program uses the built-in camera to detect movements in the surrounding area. If it detects movement it sends an email or a text message with a picture link to another cell phone.
If it fails restart your phone and try again.
*There might be a problem with phones running Ice Cream Sanwich - this problem will be fixed in next update*